Roster player trade 38 31.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-25-2013, 12:50 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Think we are over valuing Ron's worth.....a late first for a 6 week rental??????? Think we should be happy with a mid 2nd plus a later pick

We CAN NOT let assets walk away for nothing and unless Ron signs an extension in the next week he MUST be exchanged for something of value IMO!
2/3 of the league are buyers right now. Prices are going to be very high. Pittsburgh just paid two 2nd round picks for Douglas Murray, a guy with no offensive ability and a minus player this season. If that is any kind of benchmark for the market, we should be looking for a couple high picks, maybe a conditional 1st (turns to a future 2nd if his new team doesn't win a playoff round) and a 2nd.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:58 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries56 View Post
Douglas Murray to the Pens for 2 second round picks going back to the Sharks. Really makes you wonder what Hainsey would get. Two second round picks is a pretty good return.
I think this just set the market minimum that Chevy could/should reasonably expect for Hainsey.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
I think this just set the market minimum that Chevy could/should reasonably expect for Hainsey.
Agreed, looks like he should be able to bring in a 1st plus maybe a 2nd/3rd given what we have seen so far.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs21 View Post
I would like to think Hainsey's value is better the Murray's
Pongs, I personally don't think that Hainsey holds more value than Murray (just opinion) - Murray is tough to play against, something that is valued at playoff time.

I would bet 100% that Hainsey is not with the Jets next year...anyone wanna take that one

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:18 PM
amdvdsn

How about Hainsey for Ian White in Detroit? Not that I want more ex Leafs on this team, but he has a cannon of a shot and is a local boy. Be an upgrade over Hainsey for PP.

amdvdsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:21 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Pongs, I personally don't think that Hainsey holds more value than Murray (just opinion) - Murray is tough to play against, something that is valued at playoff time.

I would bet 100% that Hainsey is not with the Jets next year...anyone wanna take that one
Tough to play against...

Getting outshot and being put well into the minus by 3rd and 4th liners isn't hard to play against. Most Shark fans seem to think he has been their worst D man over the last two years. Murray was a 3rd pairing D in SJ. Hainsey is a top 4. Both kill penalties.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:22 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
Quote:

That's a pretty one sided bet considering even our owner doesn't like Hainsey.

Chevy needs to dump him now to maximize the return.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Agreed, looks like he should be able to bring in a 1st plus maybe a 2nd/3rd given what we have seen so far.
That would be a great haul for Hainsey at this point. If that sort of deal is put on the table I would hope that Chevy jumps on it.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Tough to play against...

Getting outshot and being put well into the minus by 3rd and 4th liners isn't hard to play against. Most Shark fans seem to think he has been their worst D man over the last two years. Murray was a 3rd pairing D in SJ. Hainsey is a top 4. Both kill penalties.
Sorry Truck, just calling it as I see it - hard to play against refers to physical play. Doug Murray is a physical defenceman, and has been for a long time. Obviously Pittsburgh sees something in him, and I am willing to bet that there are a lot of GM's that would take Murray over Hainsey for a playoff run.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdvdsn View Post
How about Hainsey for Ian White in Detroit? Not that I want more ex Leafs on this team, but he has a cannon of a shot and is a local boy. Be an upgrade over Hainsey for PP.
IMO, Hainsey is worth more than that. Plus, we already have enough middle of the road D men, no need to use a valuable trade piece (if he's traded) to add to that group.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:32 PM
puck stoppa

It would be great to see a team like the NYR trade for Ron. Getting a first rounder that may be a top 15 would be huge in this draft. That's what Id be looking for if I was Chevy, trying to trade him to a team on the playoff bubble line.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sorry Truck, just calling it as I see it - hard to play against refers to physical play. Doug Murray is a physical defenceman, and has been for a long time. Obviously Pittsburgh sees something in him, and I am willing to bet that there are a lot of GM's that would take Murray over Hainsey for a playoff run.
Hard to play against can mean hitting, but I am pretty sure there are other elements. Good hockey players are hard to play against too.

Murray hits, but that doesn't make him less of a pylon. He regularly gets killed at 5 on 5.

This was probably about the PK for the Pens. He is fine there.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
It would be great to see a team like the NYR trade for Ron. Getting a first rounder that may be a top 15 would be huge in this draft. That's what Id be looking for if I was Chevy, trying to trade him to a team on the playoff bubble line.
Would have to trade with Columbus to get the NYR's 1st rd pick this year.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:38 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Tough to play against...

I also know that we won't share opinions on this, but just for some perspective - Doug Murray is a career +32 and has played in almost 60 playoff games. Ron Hainsey is a career -22 and I don't think has ever played in a playoff game.

Hainsey is a top 4 defenceman because this is what the Jets have. I really don't think there is a team in the league that pays you a first rounder for Ron. Again, just my opinion - and as always - I reserve the right to be completely wrong!

Old
03-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
That's a pretty one sided bet considering even our owner doesn't like Hainsey.

Chevy needs to dump him now to maximize the return.
Do you have proof of this dislike???????

Blackie Dammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:41 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Would have to trade with Columbus to get the NYR's 1st rd pick this year.
Ahh yes, thanks for making me look bad

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:48 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
I also know that we won't share opinions on this, but just for some perspective - Doug Murray is a career +32 and has played in almost 60 playoff games. Ron Hainsey is a career -22 and I don't think has ever played in a playoff game.

Hainsey is a top 4 defenceman because this is what the Jets have. I really don't think there is a team in the league that pays you a first rounder for Ron. Again, just my opinion - and as always - I reserve the right to be completely wrong!
Det gave up a 1 for Kyle Quincey
Chi gave up a 2 and a 3 for Oduya
Pit gave up two 2s for Murray

IMO Hainsey is a better player than any of those three. Not sure he will be traded, but if he is, something in that ball park should be on the table, especially with at number of the teams that have been scouting the Jets rumored to be looking at D men.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Unless we somehow get Lidstrom to un-retire to play with him, White is a downgrade.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
Our 2nd PP barely plays, we already have Bogo who is a right-handed shot on the 2nd PP, and really, how much better is White than Meech if he is at all? IMO we have 9 or 10 D in our system right now better than White.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Ahh yes, thanks for making me look bad
Lol.

Well, I get a kick out of Lawless and his buddy Pierre LeBrun speculating on who the Blue Jackets might pick with Philly's 1st this year (and not NYR).

They seem to know about LA's 1st (in carter deal), but have mentioned Philly a lot. Likely confusing the 1st Carter trade (Couturier) - in reverse.

I expect Lawless to not look it up and be wrong, but I do expect LeBrun to know about the Nash deal.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM
cbcwpg

OK... so with all this Hainsey talk... what if the guy decides he wants to stay? Then who do we move?

other UFAs

Wellwood
Antropov
Miettinen
Clitsome
Meech
Montoya

I could see Clitsome, Meech, and Montoya all staying as they are all serviceable players and fill their roles.

Not saying to trade anyone, just that if the player is going to leave because they are an UFA, you MUST get something for them. This franchise can't afford to lose players for nothing.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Det gave up a 1 for Kyle Quincey
Chi gave up a 2 and a 3 for Oduya
Pit gave up two 2s for Murray

IMO Hainsey is a better player than any of those three. Not sure he will be traded, but if he is, something in that ball park should be on the table, especially with at number of the teams that have been scouting the Jets rumored to be looking at D men.
I agree, truck.

I just have a hard time thinking any team 'wants' Hainsey.

Minimum for Ron would be 2-2nd's, and Chevy should hold out for a 1st, and maybe a 4th. I agree, Wings do seem to be the best bet in handing out a 1st.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:59 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
OK... so with all this Hainsey talk... what if the guy decides he wants to stay? Then who do we move?

other UFAs

Wellwood
Antropov
Miettinen
Clitsome
Meech
Montoya

I could see Clitsome, Meech, and Montoya all staying as they are all serviceable players and fill their roles.

Not saying to trade anyone, just that if the player is going to leave because they are an UFA, you MUST get something for them. This franchise can't afford to lose players for nothing.
The problem is most of those players are worth nothing. Mittens, Wellwood, Antropov and Meech could just as easily be playing in the KHL next season as the NHL.

Hainsey is our only real asset and I hope we cash in while the price is right. Sell high.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:08 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I agree, truck.

I just have a hard time thinking any team 'wants' Hainsey.

Minimum for Ron would be 2-2nd's, and Chevy should hold out for a 1st, and maybe a 4th. I agree, Wings do seem to be the best bet in handing out a 1st.
We all know about Stl scouting the Jets. The Habs, Oil, Wings, Leafs and Kings have all been looking too. Most could be in the market for D depth, the Wings, Kings and Blues definitely are. Edmonton is an odd one. No idea what their intentions are.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:10 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post

other UFAs

Wellwood
Antropov
Miettinen
Clitsome
Meech
Montoya

Some people want the Jets to buy at the deadline. Keeping can be like buying without actually buying. #myweirdologic