HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Any Iginla news today?
I saw a picture of Iginla in my toast today... it means he's coming to Vancouver!

Old
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Why does noone give Chicago a chance?

I guess no salary cap to resign him
Jarome Iginla has already said that he does'nt plan on being a rental and the he will sign with which team aquires him and there Is no way with the cap going down that Chicago can afford him at least not with out Buyouts.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
If Feaster was smart he would ask for Clendening, Morin, a first and/or Pirri.

Morin and Pirri have nothing left to accomplish at Rockford and Clendening isn't that much behind them in development. The Flames team speed increases by a huge amount while balancing out the skill level lost in Iggy on multiple lines.

That's a huge over payment to an extent, but to get somebody like Iggy even for a rental you have to pay for it.
What about Hayes + Pirri + 1st?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Jarome Iginla has already said that he does'nt plan on being a rental and the he will sign with which team aquires him and there Is no way with the cap going down that Chicago can afford him at least not with out Buyouts.
Yea they will have to buyout Montador and Olesz. I think the Flames could take Olesz back and buy him out them selves to help get a deal done.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Friedman: "There are some excellent sources who say Iginla would go to the Vancouver #Canucks."

Old
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Friedman: "There are some excellent sources who say Iginla would go to the Vancouver #Canucks."
It really isn't surprising that he would go to Van, it is close to home and they have a huge hole on RW for him to fill the problem is I don't think Van will pay the price being asked for Iggy.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
When did he say that? Not that I don't believe you because it is something he would say.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Shellz

Quote:
I would be very disappointed if he ended up in Vancouver. They might just be trying to drive up his price.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
It really isn't surprising that he would go to Van, it is close to home and they have a huge hole on RW for him to fill the problem is I don't think Van will pay the price being asked for Iggy.
If they feel they can re-sign him they might. There's also the potential return for a Luongo/Schneider trade to factor in which could replenish some of the assets lost in an Iginla trade.

Old
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
Barf. I'd hope my Canuck fan friends would be... polite if that happened.

Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I'm fine with Iginla going to Vancouver.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
Barf. I'd hope my Canuck fan friends would be... polite if that happened.
Your avatar is what every Flames fan would look like if they heard Iginla was going to Vancouver....

Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
If they feel they can re-sign him they might. There's also the potential return for a Luongo/Schneider trade to factor in which could replenish some of the assets lost in an Iginla trade.
True but the given the market and what it is rumored Feaster is looking for I don't think the Canucks can afford to give up what it takes.

The rumor is Feaster wants 1st + 2 good prospect, given its Van they most likely have to over pay so I think the price would be

Jensen + Gaunce + 1st and that is just to much for Van I think. It essentially depletes their prospect pool.

Old
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
What about Hayes + Pirri + 1st?
Why would they want Hayes?

Realisticly thinking for both clubs and as a STH for the Hogs, you know what Iggy brings, and the best players this year on the Hogs are, far and away outside of their older AHL talents, are Clends, Morin, and Pirri. Those are the three I would ask for unless Stan put McNeil out there but I don't think his development is as far along as those three.

I honestly like all three. Hate to see them go but you really cant hesitate on a player like Iggy. Clends is so similar to Leddy, whom I cant stand,btw, in his skating and a much better PP QB,imo. His defense is just as bad, if not worse then Leddy. Morin will pot 20 in the NHL, very similar to Bourqe, and Pirri, if he played even a bit more responsible in his own end, would be on the Hawks. Pirri is so offensively gifted I would place him on a level one notch below Kane in terms of vision, but just that. His passing ability is flawless, tho.

That's who I would ask for, but then again, those opinions are against AHL competition for a team that is far and away the goon squad of the A.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:58 PM
crazyforhockey

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...e-rumours.html

Old
03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Why would they want Hayes?

Realisticly thinking for both clubs and as a STH for the Hogs, you know what Iggy brings, and the best players this year on the Hogs are, far and away outside of their older AHL talents, are Clends, Morin, and Pirri. Those are the three I would ask for unless Stan put McNeil out there but I don't think his development is as far along as those three.

I honestly like all three. Hate to see them go but you really cant hesitate on a player like Iggy. Clends is so similar to Leddy, whom I cant stand,btw, in his skating and a much better PP QB,imo. His defense is just as bad, if not worse then Leddy. Morin will pot 20 in the NHL, very similar to Bourqe, and Pirri, if he played even a bit more responsible in his own end, would be on the Hawks. Pirri is so offensively gifted I would place him on a level one notch below Kane in terms of vision, but just that. His passing ability is flawless, tho.

That's who I would ask for, but then again, those opinions are against AHL competition for a team that is far and away the goon squad of the A.
So Pirrir + Morin + 1st?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Jensen + Gaunce + 1st and that is just to much for Van I think. It essentially depletes their prospect pool.
That's, quite simply, ludicrous. I don't see any team in the league giving up that much value unless they were getting a far younger, impact player back. Would trade that for an Iginla five years ago.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
With Pittsburgh setting the tone for the market, Iginla to the Canucks would demand a hefty return. I doubt both teams do it.

Jensen + Gaunce and 1st 2013

or

Jensen + Corrado and 1st 2013.

The rumored price is two prospects and a 1st. Brendan Morrow just landed a top (better than Jensen and Gaunce) prospect in Joe Morrow.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
So Pirrir + Morin + 1st?
Bingo

Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Please not Chicago Please not Chicago Please Not Chicago Please not Chicago

Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
That's, quite simply, ludicrous. I don't see any team in the league giving up that much value unless they were getting a far younger, impact player back. Would trade that for an Iginla five years ago.
Not really the price right now is 2 young prospects and a 1st, if Van can't afford it then they won't get him.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
True but the given the market and what it is rumored Feaster is looking for I don't think the Canucks can afford to give up what it takes.

The rumor is Feaster wants 1st + 2 good prospect, given its Van they most likely have to over pay so I think the price would be

Although I highly doubt the Canucks make that trade, it would be hilarious if they did, knocked out in the 1st round, and Iggy pulls a keith Tkachuk...

A guy can dream....

Old
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Not really the price right now is 2 young prospects and a 1st, if Van can't afford it then they won't get him.
Yes, two young prospects. It does not specify every teams two best prospects. It doesn't even say two blue chippers. I could see one of Jensen or Gaunce plus a lesser prospect and a first, but not both. As I said ... ludicrous expectations.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Yes, two young prospects. It does not specify every teams two best prospects. It doesn't even say two blue chippers. I could see one of Jensen or Gaunce plus a lesser prospect and a first, but not both. As I said ... ludicrous expectations.
They are good prospects but Vancouver has to overpay to get iginla like I said, Jensen is a great prospect but Gaunce is a solid guy but wouldn't a top prospect on some teams looking at Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
What if no one wants to pay it, does Iggy just walk and you guys are stuck with nothing? There's a possibility that the market could change especially if there's an influx of talent and the value of players descending. Especially in the case of Iggy, since he basically has 2 or 3 teams that he would even consider getting traded to.

Closed Thread