HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 06:40 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well, I'd hope he'd at least do what Gainey did both in Dallas and Montreal--fire some guys, name his successor, and then quietly get out of the way. I think Sakic's going to be PL's replacement sooner rather than later. My big fear is that Eric Lacroix will be Sherman's successor.

Of course Gainey's successors didn't do so great, so maybe not the best example.
A big reason I want to keep Sherman as well. We could do a lot worse. We may be a team between 25-30th in the NHL but if I would rank the GM's I would put Sherman much higher than that.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Man, if someone could find a spot right beside the penalty box, or behind the Avs bench for a sign like this, it would be amazing.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Actually if someone can sit behind the bench with just a blown up photo of one Sacco's classic expressions, it would be epic.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:56 PM
RockLobster
RestInPower Parabola

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Actually if someone can sit behind the bench with just a blown up photo of one Sacco's classic expressions, it would be epic.

HOW is the pic of him picking his nose NOT included here!?

For shame Foppa....

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
HOW is the pic of him picking his nose NOT included here!?

For shame Foppa....
Ha, couldn't find it, but yes someone should use that one for sure.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
RockLobster
RestInPower Parabola

vCash: 844
Quote:
Ha, couldn't find it, but yes someone should use that one for sure.
I just thought of the PERFECT way to use it.

Make your sign with the following phrase:

"The Tank is On....

For the 1st Pick."

And use the pic of Sacco picking his nose right under it!

Boo-Yah!

Old
03-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I just thought of the PERFECT way to use it.

Make your sign with the following phrase:

"The Tank is On....

For the 1st Pick."

And use the pic of Sacco picking his nose right under it!

Boo-Yah!
Drillin for Drouin.

Diggin for MacKinnon.

Can't think of one for Jones, but either way our man Joe knows how to tank for a top pick.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:09 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Drillin for Drouin.

Diggin for MacKinnon.

Can't think of one for Jones, but either way our man Joe knows how to tank for a top pick.
Not winnin for MacKinnon!

#DeathforSeth should be trending in Denver soon

Old
03-24-2013, 10:10 PM
shadow1

I really hope Colorado does go after Patrick Roy again.

Part of my feelings are nostalgic, but Roy is still a pick that makes sense. He's had an illustrious coaching career in the QMJHL, and his diva status would attract media attention and drive ticket sales.

As an overall package, I honestly believe he's the best option for the Avalanche right now.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Not winnin for MacKinnon!

#DeathforSeth should be trending in Denver soon
Nah, it's got to go with the Sacco picking his nose photo, so someone can put it on a sign and throw up behind the Avs bench during a game for the cameras.

BTW, who's got that photo? I can't find it, but I remember seeing it.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 03-24-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 10:17 PM
avsfan89

Is Jon Cooper a

1) two way coach (pits style)

2) run and gun (primarily offensive coach boudreau style)

3) defensive tactician (primarily d-oriented ken hitchcock style)

as an Avs fan, I'd want option 1 most, but option 2 would be a lot of fun too.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Is Jon Cooper a

1) two way coach (pits style)

2) run and gun (primarily offensive coach boudreau style)

3) defensive tactician (primarily d-oriented ken hitchcock style)

as an Avs fan, I'd want option 1 most, but option 2 would be a lot of fun too.
I want option one as well because I'm sick of seeing option two fail with this team, but yes, Jon Cooper is a run and gun offensive coach. He's known for having an aggressive offensive style, and Syracuse has the most goals in the AHL by 12 this year.

I'm kinda buying into the Cooper hype train though based on his success at nearly every level.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:45 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Wouldn't mind if the Avs waited and saw who was available. Maybe the Paul Holgren will fire Laviolette to pass some of the blame.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:46 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
Wouldn't mind if the Avs waited and saw who was available. Maybe the Paul Holgren will fire Laviolette to pass some of the blame.
I have been thinking this for a while now.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

I'm on the fence with some of these guys.

Laviollette seems like a good coach, but I feel like he never implements a decent defensive system, and his uber physical style is really only a good fit for Philly.

Boucher seems to have had a similar tenure to Sacco, but his first season had more success with a better roster. His second year was pretty bad, and his third even worse. He gets the same critisims sacco does for not being smart enough overall defensively, and I wonder if he tries to get too tricky with his coaching methods. Leading to early success, and then the system just stops working.

I still think Ruff was never given a roster as talented, and balanced as the Avs have to show his worth. I think he would be great at "teaching" this team how to play like a winning team, like he did with the Drury-Briere led teams.

Roy interests me because of his passion, and knowledge of the game, but I'm not quite sure if his style will translate to an NHL coach.

Cooper looks very promising, but I'm a little worried his offensive style may work at first, but then get exposed in the following years.

I"d rather they just go with experience, and a solid two way style in Ruff at this point. Apart from Q with a washed up mediocre roster, they haven't had either of those since Hartley ran the bench and helped them win a cup.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I have been thinking this for a while now.
You guys are kidding yourselves. When was the last time they hired hired someone who wasn't a family man? I was surprised when they actually brought in Quenneville and he has the family ties. Then he was run out for not being a yes man. I wish I was wrong but as long as PL is not eaten by big snake then you can expect another "promotion" or Granato

Old
03-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grackle Party View Post
You guys are kidding yourselves. When was the last time they hired hired someone who wasn't a family man? I was surprised when they actually brought in Quenneville and he has the family ties. Then he was run out for not being a yes man. I wish I was wrong but as long as PL is not eaten by big snake then you can expect another "promotion" or Granato
You're most likely right, but we're hoping the continued failure with this approach may change things, as hopeless as that sounds.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:50 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
1) Lavio - I think he's done this year
2) Roy
3) Tippett - May get a better gm out of the deal too

Old
03-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
1) Lavio - I think he's done this year
2) Roy
3) Tippett - May get a better gm out of the deal too
1) I thought so too...but I feel like if that was the case it would've happened by now. It sure looks like Snider and Holmgren are finally admitting they've been way too impetuous with roster changes and now have a very expensive, very mediocre team as a result. I wouldn't be shocked if they canned him anyway, but I would be a little surprised.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Flow

Sacco seems to have the greatest toleration of hot seats.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
falconski
Unregistered User

Seriously? He still hasn't been fired?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:06 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
Seriously? He still hasn't been fired?
People been asking this question since last season. He's not getting fired, and i wont be surprised if he's still coaching the Avs next year.

Giguere said Avs struggles is not due to coaching. Everyone in Avs organization is either incredibly delusional, blind, or just naive and too nice to put blames on people.

Every single regular fan who watches the Avs can see that this team lacks good d-men, and a coach that makes bad decisions almost every game.

Yet Giguere says it's not a coaching or system problem.

Edit: Someone should ask Giguere what he thinks the problem is. I actually wonder what the management thinks the problem is. Do they really think they got solid d core with latest Zanon pick up, and fast skating Hunwick, because it seems like they praise this players because one blocks some shots, and the other skates fast but they don't acknowledge that both suck at actually playing defense.

That's what i want to hear someone in the organization to grow some balls and actually admit what really is wrong with the team.

Last edited by the_fan: 03-25-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
People been asking this question since last season. He's not getting fired, and i wont be surprised if he's still coaching the Avs next year.

Giguere said Avs struggles is not due to coaching. Everyone in Avs organization is either incredibly delusional, blind, or just naive and too nice to put blames on people.

Every single regular fan who watches the Avs can see that this team lacks good d-men, and a coach that makes bad decisions almost every game.

Yet Giguere says it's not a coaching or system problem.

Edit: Someone should ask Giguere what he thinks the problem is. I actually wonder what the management thinks the problem is. Do they really think they got solid d core with latest Zanon pick up, and fast skating Hunwick, because it seems like they praise this players because one blocks some shots, and the other skates fast but they don't acknowledge that both suck at actually playing defense.

That's what i want to hear someone in the organization to grow some balls and actually admit what really is wrong with the team.
Well, I don't think Giguere's going to just point fingers either. I don't think the "ballsy" move by Giguere would be to start blaming the coach. Right or wrong, you don't do that.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well, I don't think Giguere's going to just point fingers either. I don't think the "ballsy" move by Giguere would be to start blaming the coach. Right or wrong, you don't do that.
I don't think Giguere or anyone should publicly come out and say it's Sacco's fault, but don't say it's not either.

If i was player on the Avs i would just say we are not playing well and i would point out that we have problems on this team, we lost all our confidence, and we are playing like crap, and let the management figure out what the problem is.

I wouldn't say it's not coaching fault, or i wouldn't say it's not lack of good d-men, i'd hint that it is in fact both coaching and lack of d-men, i could say we are not playing with any system and i could also point out that we as a team make alot of mistakes in our own zone and hopefully management would get the massage that im saying our d-men suck.

Edit: I know that point out people on your own team is wrong, but if someone doesn't do it, the problem is gonna go on and on. The NHLers are all cliche, only select few actually speak their minds in the entire NHL.

If you ask anyone on the Avs about Zanon or Hunwick, they all going to say what a good players they are, which means the management can go ahead and extend Zanon for two more years, and next year they'll just pick up another useless d-man like Zanon.

Someone needs to just grow balls and say get us some real help on defense period.

Last edited by the_fan: 03-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
hockeyfish

Am I going crazy or did Duchene make a comment last week that hinted that it was coaching.

Closed Thread