Notices

Chia needs to make moves now.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
jasonbaz77*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Just not feelin it, LSCII. I simply don't have confidence that the newlywed NH has a real interest in going balz to the wall for this team at this point. Like all newlyweds, his, er, strength is, um, being sapped somewhat at the moment...

And, as for Looch, it just seems that too often, as goes Horton, so goes Looch. Unfortunately.

Not advocating sell the farm for Iginla, either, at this point. I'm calling this season as "done" if I'm Chia in that department. Fight til the end, blah, blah, surely. But, one has to be able to read the tea leaves, too. And right now, Pitt is one powerful brew.
PITT is WAAAAYYYY over rated in these parts. I haven't seen the Bruins play this bad in over 2 years and they still lost by a goal each game (and should have won other than choking.) PITT is FAR from the powerhouse they are portrayed to be, hence why they have done nothing in the playoffs since 2008-2009. Every year this board gets duped.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
bigbadbruins1

Saw an article on yahoo saying Chia offered Kochlachev and a 2nd for Morrow, would have been nice to have him but at that price it would only be one piece away from Jarome Iginla who I think would be better suited to the Bruins current needs.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
Saw an article on yahoo saying Chia offered Kochlachev and a 2nd for Morrow, would have been nice to have him but at that price it would only be one piece away from Jarome Iginla who I think would be better suited to the Bruins current needs.
I agree. If true, then I think Iginla will be a Bruin (hopefully soon). If he's willing to trade Koko and a 2nd, throw in a 1st and another D prospect and that should be one of the better packages available. If that doesn't get Iginla for whatever reason, a variation of it should be able to get another decent player... all in all, hoping this is true because that would give me confidence Bruins are picking up a good player in the next week.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Would you guys move Boychuk + for Hemsky + Whitney?

Gobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
bostonphoenix

We are going through a rough stretch. All teams do.

I think we have the necessary pieces to make a long run as the team currently stands granted a few things happen.

1. Lucic and Horton need to TRY. I would like them to be productive players, and they likely will be. But for now I want them to TRY.

2. The "Yeti" decides to come over play for us. This has been discussed to death. But if he comes I think our team is better instantly and he makes the 3rd line that much better.

3. I really want to see Krug up here.

I do NOT want to see us trade for Iginla or any other pure rental player. If Iginla comes for cheap GOOD! If not I dont want him.

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:27 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
We are going through a rough stretch. All teams do.

I think we have the necessary pieces to make a long run as the team currently stands granted a few things happen.

1. Lucic and Horton need to TRY. I would like them to be productive players, and they likely will be. But for now I want them to TRY.

2. The "Yeti" decides to come over play for us. This has been discussed to death. But if he comes I think our team is better instantly and he makes the 3rd line that much better.

3. I really want to see Krug up here.

I do NOT want to see us trade for Iginla or any other pure rental player. If Iginla comes for cheap GOOD! If not I dont want him.
Gold friggin star post, mon ami

03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Would you guys move Boychuk + for Hemsky + Whitney?
Depending upon the plus, yes, more than likely..

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:41 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
PITT is WAAAAYYYY over rated in these parts. I haven't seen the Bruins play this bad in over 2 years and they still lost by a goal each game (and should have won other than choking.) PITT is FAR from the powerhouse they are portrayed to be, hence why they have done nothing in the playoffs since 2008-2009. Every year this board gets duped.
Not sure about that... in 09-10 they won a round in the play-offs despite "being tired just like the '11 Bruins" after winning a Cup... 10-11 they didn't have Crosby OR Malkin in their first round 7 game loss ...and last year they choked in the first round just like our beloved...

When healthy they are easily the best team in the East. Doesn't mean we can't beat em 7 game series, but not sure you could find many people who would say the bruins are better.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
See, the issue to me is that while they play Lucic on the first line, Milan Lucic is not a first line player. The expectations are tied to where he's playing. When he's at his best, he's hitting and playing physical. The scoring and finesse crap is not his game, yet that's what he's trying to and expected to do. I think CJ would be smart to break those two up though, I just don't agree with Rainone's trade proposal of moving 2 thirds of your current first line, 2 thirds of your current third line, and 2 of your current top 6 defensemen. The deadline isn't time to make whole sale changes like that. That team would get rolled because there's no time to develop chemistry and have clearly defined roles.

That being said, I'm fine if they want to make a move, just not 6 players off the current roster.
I agree about Lucic. When he is on his game,I love what he brings to the team,a nice combination of toughness and some skill.However,I think he is much more suited to 3rd line duty.A guy who will hustle,hit everything in sight and occasionally scrap.I don't think Milan is a legitimite 30 goal scorer,I would be quite happy to get 20 goals out of him while he played on the 3rd line.

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:46 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Not sure about that... in 09-10 they won a round in the play-offs despite "being tired just like the '11 Bruins" after winning a Cup... 10-11 they didn't have Crosby OR Malkin in their first round 7 game loss ...and last year they choked in the first round just like our beloved...

When healthy they are easily the best team in the East. Doesn't mean we can't beat em 7 game series, but not sure you could find many people who would say the bruins are better.
I agree about Pittsburgh being the best team at the moment.Things can turn around pretty fast though and with the right moves at the deadline the Bruins could beat them in the playoffs.

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:53 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

If I'm a Pitt fan, Fleury has me worried constantly. When he's off.....he's awful

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
I agree about Lucic. When he is on his game,I love what he brings to the team,a nice combination of toughness and some skill.However,I think he is much more suited to 3rd line duty.A guy who will hustle,hit everything in sight and occasionally scrap.I don't think Milan is a legitimite 30 goal scorer,I would be quite happy to get 20 goals out of him while he played on the 3rd line.
That's pretty much how I see him as well. No need to change his game and make him something he's not. Let the guy run around hitting people, and use his physicality to create chances. The goals will take care of themselves.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
If I'm a Pitt fan, Fleury has me worried constantly. When he's off.....he's awful
Agreed sub 900 sv pctg IIRC last three playoffs...it wasn't even that good when they won IIRC..

Old
03-25-2013, 02:09 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
He's been fine in a 1st line role for almost 4 years now. His problem this year is he's gotten pass happy, and the cynic in me thinks it's because his buddy is in a contract year. His SOG/game are down and his S% is nearly half of his career (which will regress eventually). But he's had some opportunities the past few games where he's dished between the circles when he should be shooting and crashing.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:10 PM
bruinsfan46

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 6m
Hearing B's are in on other potential top 6 forward options aside from Iginla. Jaromir Jagr? Marty St. Louis? Maybe Calgary price too high

It's Haggs and he says nothing specific but I guess it's something.

bruinsfan46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 6m
Hearing B's are in on other potential top 6 forward options aside from Iginla. Jaromir Jagr? Marty St. Louis? Maybe Calgary price too high

It's Haggs and he says nothing specific but I guess it's something.
I'd love St. Louis on this team.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:14 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
I'd love St. Louis on this team.
I'd love for Boston to acquire St. Louis and Streit for not much more than the Pens just overpaid for Morrow and Murray.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:15 PM
WreckItRask

I suppose this is the all purpose trade thread for now, so probably the best place to comment. If the 2013 version of Doug Murray is worth two 2nd round picks, then buyer beware for the Bruins. I've always admired Murray's ability to be an effective and tough to play against defenseman despite his limited mobility, but he's been noticeably bad in the Sharks games I've watched this year. I think he's still fine as a bottom pairing guy, but that seems like a steep price for a depth defenseman at best. Maybe I'm crazy.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:20 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
I'd love for Boston to acquire St. Louis and Streit for not much more than the Pens just overpaid for Morrow and Murray.
You'd still get the negative nancies finding something to complain about. This place is getting ridiculously frustrating to deal with. They actually think players like Murray and Morrow are assets. Murray sucks. Morrow is paid like a top 6 and produces .37 ppg.

Really, really ridiculous.

CDJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:21 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
If that were to happen, I'd be ecstatic. If PC could pull off those moves, I'd bow down at his genius...

Old
03-25-2013, 02:21 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
I suppose this is the all purpose trade thread for now, so probably the best place to comment. If the 2013 version of Doug Murray is worth two 2nd round picks, then buyer beware for the Bruins. I've always admired Murray's ability to be an effective and tough to play against defenseman despite his limited mobility, but he's been noticeably bad in the Sharks games I've watched this year. I think he's still fine as a bottom pairing guy, but that seems like a steep price for a depth defenseman at best. Maybe I'm crazy.
You are FAR from crazy. Maybe one of the few sane ones left on the reservation

CDJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:22 PM
WBC8

St Louis would cost a bunch I would think... Subban, Spooner and a 1st more then likely...he is exactly what we need though.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:22 PM
theswede2013

If the price is right I think CHi makes a trade otherwise how does giving away the future help this team for an old player? I am hoping the change up in lines does create some spark. Horton and Lucici need to be planted in front of the net with skill guys circling in and getting pucks to the net.

I also think this team has been snake bitten overall in the scoring department. I thought in several games we have had chances but the darn puck is not finding the back of the net. Seguin in Pitt for example IMHO should have had a hat trick.

theswede2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
If that were to happen, I'd be ecstatic. If PC could pull off those moves, I'd bow down at his genius...
Unfortunately, I'm not sure Streit is on the market, I keep hearing they're trying to extend him, although the skeptic in me thinks that if Streit is asking for 3/10 and Snow hasn't already given it to him, it's not getting done because that's dirt cheap for a captain with Streit's skill level.

I wonder what a realistic package for St. Louis looks like though. You'd have to figure it's more than Iginla because it's not a rental. But how much more?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
rcduthie77

Quote:
Alert the presses!! I think we just agreed for the first time

I'd jump for joy if this team added St. Louis let alone Streit. Talk about instantly changing the PP dynamic!

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote