HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Can't buy him out if he is still injured.
Can't imagine it is that bad of a concussion.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:14 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Can't buy him out if he is still injured.
I think that's what he meant.

03-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I think that's what he meant.
He said he was the 1st buyout. That assumes that his concussion symptoms go away by the summer. It also assumes that Danny does not decide to block a buyout by claiming that he still has headaches, etc.

Basically, in terms of injuries, this is about the worst thing that could have happened because it provides Briere a mechanism to block the buyout, if he wanted to, [EDIT: or, obviously because he is still legitimately injured.]

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 03-25-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:18 PM
JVR21
G

Saw "Flyers announce Briere" on twitter and got excited. Then saw he he's out indefinitely with a concussion and my heart dropped. There goes ~2 first rounders....

Old
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

How ironic....

What did he do ...purposely take a header into the boards in practice?

Well..big wrinkle. Guess the Flyers can't leverage him for the betterment of the team.

I would hope Danny Briere is not Danny Lia-re...

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 03-25-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: sp
Old
03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Boy does Briere really know how to **** up a season this year or what?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
TheKingPin

What a little *****. He better get cleared soon and get the hell out of here. Antithesis of a flyer

Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Briere ****s up every line he is on and has a habit of giving up the puck and being on the ice when other teams scores. Then when we need to think about the future the most, and him being a trade asset, he gets injured INDEFINITELY to **** up the Flyers even more. I think the easiest answer (albeit not true, but the easiest one to give) would be that he's trying to do all this so he won't go anywhere. Goddamnit...

Old
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
He said he was the 1st buyout. That assumes that his concussion symptoms go away by the summer. It also assumes that Danny does not decide to block a buyout by claiming that he still has headaches, etc.

Basically, in terms of injuries, this is about the worst thing that could have happened because it provides Briere a mechanism to block the buyout, if he wanted to.
So your saying that Briere would fake headaches to receive 5 million dollars and not play for two years as opposed to being bought out at 3.3 million dollars and playing wherever he wants. Unless this is a career ender, he is as good as gone.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
So your saying that Briere would fake headaches to receive 5 million dollars and not play for two years as opposed to being bought out at 3.3 million dollars and playing wherever he wants. Unless this is a career ender, he is as good as gone.
I didn't say that at all.

I simply said that, if Briere ends up being out for the season (which is certainly plausible), it could keep him from being bought out this summer--either because he would still legitimately be injured, or because he could decide to plead as much [EDIT: because he still believes he is injured, regardless of the opinion of the team's doctors.]

EDIT: Honestly, the most likely scenario (again, assuming he misses the rest of the season) could be that the symptoms linger long enough where Briere wouldn't be able to be bought out in time for the beginning of free agency. If I'm him, I'd want to be certain that I had a clean bill of health before signing off.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 03-25-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
bennysflyers16

Was anyting reported at the time it happened ? A player crashing into the boards and being hurt is almost always reported by someone ???

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

I simply said that, if Briere ends up being out for the season (which is certainly plausible), it could keep him from being bought out this summer--either because he would still legitimately be injured, or because he could decide to plead as much.
If he did that it would take my Danny Briere hate to another level if that's possible.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Fantastic.

03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:

I simply said that, if Briere ends up being out for the season (which is certainly plausible), it could keep him from being bought out this summer--either because he would still legitimately be injured, or because he could decide to plead as much.
You just said it. If he is decides to plead as much, which i think means fake, to avoid being bought out that means he is willing to not play hockey for the next two years to receive 1.7 million dollars more. He would probably make more than that as a free agent in year 1.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
As long as they don't put him on LTIR they can buy him out even if he's losing limbs, right??

Old
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
You just said it. If he is decides to plead as much, which i think means fake, to avoid being bought out that means he is willing to not play hockey for the next two years to receive 1.7 million dollars more. He would probably make more than that as a free agent in year 1.
Concussion symptoms are rarely as black-and-white as faking / not-faking would suggest.

EDIT: All I'm saying is that the concussion could present a possible hurdle to a buyout. I'm not sure what's so objectionable about that.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
tymed

**** ****in sucker!

Old
03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Codith

Danny B bringing down the team anyway he can, I hope to **** he gets bought out.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
I've developed a sour taste of Briere in my mouth.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Concussion symptoms are rarely as black-and-white as faking / not-faking would suggest.
I get that. So either he is seriously injured by this concussion or he not. There is no benefit for him to not be bought out this summer. If anything, he would fudge to get himself bought out as quickly as he can so he can shop his services to other teams before they spend their cap space. Unless this concussion is a career ender with lingering symptoms like Pronger, he is a goner. I would be surprised if the Flyers let him play at all the rest of the season if they plan on buying him out.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

...this thread, guys. Danny Briere's been a damn good player for the team and is, by all accounts, a well-liked man. I don't necessarily think he's right for the team anymore, but he got hurt, which sucks for everyone. Reign in some of the vitriol, maybe?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:

EDIT: All I'm saying is that the concussion could present a possible hurdle to a buyout. I'm not sure what's so objectionable about that.
Misunderstanding. Thought you were saying he would fake it to stay with the team.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
You can't be mad at a guy for getting hurt. I get it that we wanted him to be dealt (which he still can be, btw) but his being injured is not something he did on purpose. Cut the guy some slack!

Old
03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You can't be mad at a guy for getting hurt. I get it that we wanted him to be dealt (which he still can be, btw) but his being injured is not something he did on purpose. Cut the guy some slack!
You got a point there. Hopefully it's one of those concussions where the player comes back a couple of days later.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
As far as I know you can't deal an injured player, especially one out indefinitely with a concussion.

Closed Thread