Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
^that would be true if Pittsburgh was actually filling up on talent....
They already have the talent....

They are filling up on character guys.....

Old
03-25-2013, 02:22 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

Morrow and Murray aren't world beaters or anything, but people are fooling themselves if they don't think Pitt isn't a better team than they were yesterday.

Overall, I think the Bruins can beat them in the playoffs, but they need to get some help, that is obvious.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:22 PM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:

This is what some people seem to be missing.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
CDJ*

They are a better team, sure. But they are surely not significantly better, which is what you aim for when giving up one of your best prospects (Morrow) and reasonably high picks. They gave all that up for depth players.

They can add "character" all they want, but fact of the matter is they already had it (Orpik, Crosby, Letang...they had it in spades. ****, you can even add scrubs like Vitale, Adams, and Kennedy as strong character guys). I don't know why they would even bother ****ing with chemistry right now on a 12 game winning streak.

I can tell you this much- my roommate is a Pens fan and he is LIVID. Like, beside himself. I'll go with what he says over a couple Bruin's fans opinions in regards to the Pens.

To quote him in regards to Shero: "He's murdering our future. He's making it cup or bust this year." That is not a smart thing to do when two of the best players in the world are still so young.

PS- in regards to character, Pandolfo brings it. Should he be on an NHL roster? NO. You have to bring value on the ice, and Morrow has been doing that less and less while Murray hasn't been doing it AT ALL

Old
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Morrow and Murray aren't world beaters or anything, but people are fooling themselves if they don't think Pitt isn't a better team than they were yesterday.

Overall, I think the Bruins can beat them in the playoffs, but they need to get some help, that is obvious.
The Pens have 3 40 goal scorers on their team already....add Kunitz, Dupuis, Sutter...they are filling in with some character...they are going for it...You would think people around here would understand what building a complete team looks like and takes,..

Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
patty59

Quote:
The Pens have 3 40 goal scorers on their team already....add Kunitz, Dupuis, Sutter...they are filling in with some character...they are going for it...You would think people around here would understand what building a complete team looks like and takes,..
I'm not going to get to upset right now since Iginla will be in Boston in less than a week.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'm telling you I got a phone full of text messages thinking that Boston's guys in the deal is Haggs looking to add to twitter followers if he is did its brilliant- who can check on this...I like Haggs so I'll say someone told him this
Well I don't know much about the Morrow Pitt shipped out, but by the sounds of it, they paid a heavy price for a third line player. Nevertheless, Koko and a 2nd seems awful high to me too.

Regardless, some of rumors these reporters repeat are so obviously wrong they insult every GM involved.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
WBC8

Why is Pittsburgh improving their team? Look at that record!

Old
03-25-2013, 02:29 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Anybody who thinks this current Bruins team as currently constructed can compete in a 7 game series with Pittsburgh is kidding themselves. Get real.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Anybody who thinks this current Bruins team as currently constructed can compete in a 7 game series with Pittsburgh is kidding themselves. Get real.
Well, no ****. We are playing Pandolfo and Bartkowski currently. Give Chia a ****ing chance guys, christ almighty. Clearly the market is heavily in favor of the sellers and he is not going to cave to their outrageous demands.

This place is Negative Nancy Central. You'd think we were the 13th seed, not 20-7

And you know what. We can definitely beat the Pens still. Their D is still atrocious, and their goaltending is still suspect.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
^that would be true if Pittsburgh was actually filling up on talent....
Tough to say, the guys Pitts got are guys I would LOVE in Boston...

Thinking Pens paid a lot though, and maybe we are better off passing?... not sure, tough to say.

I think we should target Iggy/Clowe for forwards and Brad Stuart for defense

Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Okay I'll get real then. On my way!

Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
WBC8

Quote:
They are a better team, sure. But they are surely not significantly better, which is what you aim for when giving up one of your best prospects (Morrow) and reasonably high picks. They gave all that up for depth players.

They can add "character" all they want, but fact of the matter is they already had it (Orpik, Crosby, Letang...they had it in spades. ****, you can even add scrubs like Vitale, Adams, and Kennedy as strong character guys). I don't know why they would even bother ****ing with chemistry right now on a 12 game winning streak.

I can tell you this much- my roommate is a Pens fan and he is LIVID. Like, beside himself. I'll go with what he says over a couple Bruin's fans opinions in regards to the Pens.

To quote him in regards to Shero: "He's murdering our future. He's making it cup or bust this year." That is not a smart thing to do when two of the best players in the world are still so young.

PS- in regards to character, Pandolfo brings it. Should he be on an NHL roster? NO. You have to bring value on the ice, and Morrow has been doing that less and less while Murray hasn't been doing it AT ALL
Invite him to HF...he would fit right in....

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Why is Pittsburgh improving their team? Look at that record!
I love this post.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
^that would be true if Pittsburgh was actually filling up on talent...

What is true, is that the Pens are stocking up on high character guys which helps them go on to win the Cup. They're only real threat is us, and maybe New York (R) if they can get there act together

Old
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
patty59

Quote:
No kidding

The ONE time Chiarelli makes some bold moves at the deadline and he cashes in on a Cup victory. He then follows it up with dollar store shopping and gets bounced in the 1st round.

It's not a coincidence.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Well, no ****. We are playing Pandolfo and Bartkowski currently. Give Chia a ****ing chance guys, christ almighty. Clearly the market is heavily in favor of the sellers and he is not going to cave to their outrageous demands.

This place is Negative Nancy Central. You'd think we were the 13th seed, not 20-7
And you know what. We can definitely beat the Pens still. Their D is still atrocious, and their goaltending is still suspect.
Yeah but we are the worst 20-7 team in the league.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Or he understands that giving up significant prospects for slight upgrades isn't the best way to go about establishing a franchise over the long term...

People joke that HF overvalues picks and prospects and that is true. But to have a successful team, you need to have impactful ELC players.

PS- I know he definitely lurks on the Pens board. Doubt he posts though.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

For a fan base that understands how physical play can alter the outcome of games I'm surprised at how many folks around here don't see the value in the two guys the Penguins just added. This was a team that was already fairly gritty with guys like Cooke, Glass, Adams, Dupuis and now they've added both Morrow and Murray.

To put it in perspective Pittsburghs top 6 forwards in hits are:
Glass (81)
Kunitz (78)
Cooke (66)
Dupuis (65)
Morrow (48)
Neal (46)

Boston's are:
Lucic (104)
Thornton (48)
Campbell (39)
Kelly (28)
Paille (27)
Horton (26)

Now they've also gone out and added Murray to their blueline.

Not world beaters, but smart moves on Shero's part and moves that should make them harder to beat in a 7 game series where they can wear you down.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
CDJ*

Glass will probably be scratched. All Pens fans have been saying is how he might be the worst player in the league. So to think he will have an impact because his physicality is suspect at the very least

EDIT: Hits are a really ****** stat too. Tocchet reamed out that stat recently

Old
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
patty59

Quote:
Glass will probably be scratched. All Pens fans have been saying is how he might be the worst player in the league. So to think he will have an impact because his physicality is suspect at the very least
Well those people are ****ing morons or haven't noticed that Pandolfo is still in the NHL

Old
WBC8

Quote:
Or he understands that giving up significant prospects for slight upgrades isn't the best way to go about establishing a franchise over the long term...

People joke that HF overvalues picks and prospects and that is true. But to have a successful team, you need to have impactful ELC players.
Despres, Pouliot, Maata, Harrington, Samuelsson, Bortuzzo, Doumoulin...

Pretty sure they are covered on the backend for as long as they want to be..

Old
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Murray is a steal by Shero. Murray may be the slowest in the league but he will clear the crease and be smart about it. Morrow I like less but he undeniably add some grit to solidify them. Pitts has to be the favorite in the East.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

The Penguins are quickly becoming unstoppable. If Chiarelli doesn't get Iginla, he might as well make Horton available, try to take advantage of the market, and then hope for the best with the team he has.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Well those people are ****ing morons or haven't noticed that Pandolfo is still in the NHL
This is classic

Closed Thread