HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
As far as I know you can't deal an injured player, especially one out indefinitely with a concussion.
I mean he may be able to pass a physical by the deadline.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
As far as I know you can't deal an injured player, especially one out indefinitely with a concussion.
That's not true

If the Flyers inform the other team that the player in question is currently injured, the other team can still go through with the trade.

However, if the Flyers don't inform them about the injury, and the other team finds out about it afterwards, the trade will null-and-void.

As long as the Flyers tell the other team that the player is currently suffering from an injury, there's no problem

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I mean he may be able to pass a physical by the deadline.
Announced that he was out indefinitely with a concussion a week before the deadline, and he's gonna pass a physical by then? In our dreams.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Reduxs

Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.
I'm sorry, but he's been useless this year. Probably the worst player on the team for what he's being paid

Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Reduxs

He's played like 20 games dude. Really not a large enough sample size to judge someone on. That and Lavy is forcing him to play wing, where he has always struggled, instead of center. The entire team has been awful.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
He's played like 20 games dude. Really not a large enough sample size to judge someone on. That and Lavy is forcing him to play wing, where he has always struggled, instead of center. The entire team has been awful.
He struggled at center is the reason why they moved him to wing. He has been bad all 26 games he has played, and he is getting older and slower. Im glad he is a good guy, but trade him before he gets worse.

He isnt getting any younger or better.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
He's averaging 16:33 minutes a game. That fifth most for forwards on this team. Lavi's done him enough favors this year.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Announced that he was out indefinitely with a concussion a week before the deadline, and he's gonna pass a physical by then? In our dreams.
Indefinitely just means they don't know when he will be back. He's got nine days. Guys have been back quicker than that when labeled as "out indefinitely." I'm not saying he WILL be back, but it is certainly possible.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
you actually felt the need to post that twice...

Briere hasn't earned a life-time pass, but no one is happy he is hurt, either for his sake or the team's.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
He's playing wing because he was awful at center and doesn't play defense.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Indefinitely just means they don't know when he will be back. He's got nine days. Guys have been back quicker than that when labeled as "out indefinitely." I'm not saying he WILL be back, but it is certainly possible.
i'm quite sure Danny will know when to come back...

Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Prongo
Beer

Carolina was trying to get Murray from San jose as well it seems. We know they desperately need help on defense with players going down left and right. Mez would be a good player for them. Homer just needs to give them a ring.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
UKFlyers

Tyler Myers' name is "out there" apparently. I'd definitely take the chance on him. Going to assume that the Sabres will want the earth for him though. Probably a move that's more likely in the offseason, too.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
skoods

It's actually really pathetic that some of you are accusing him of faking a concussion to avoid getting traded even though he has a NMC...

Old
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Think there may be a good chance they dont buyout Briere next year, or the year after and just wait to fetch something in a trade. Maybe the offseason or something. His value will take a big hit, but the point now is to remove his salary. Ty Myers is signed until 2020 or something at a pretty high salary for his play. If Buffalo trades him they will probably also want something in return.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Think there may be a good chance they dont buyout Briere next year, or the year after and just wait to fetch something in a trade. Maybe the offseason or something. His value will take a big hit, but the point now is to remove his salary. Ty Myers is signed until 2020 or something at a pretty high salary for his play. If Buffalo trades him they will probably also want something in return.
We have to shed salary this summer. Briere is a likely candidate to do so. Whether they buy him out or trade him, I would bet good money he's not on this team next year.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Can't see getting value for him except from a team desperate to stay close to the cap floor (Islanders). Anyone else would simply wait for us to buy him out and then sign him at a lower cap hit.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh absolutely think Snider is the main one right now still thinking we make playoffs. They make some GOOD money during playoff time.
I'm sure he doesn't. They just obviously won't say it.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
YuioIklo

By the way guys, I don't think Briere will be bought out this summer. We'll still be OK with the cap next year, 2014 offseason is when we'll need space.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
This lol. Briere was one of our bests players in 2010-11, he's struggled last year and this year, but that can be explained. He's still a good player. His cap hit hurts, we could argue that he doesn't worth it, but the hate on here is totally absurd, Briere can't take a breath without being insulted by 10 posters. And being mad at a player for being injured? wtf. Briere also brings a lot to the team outside of the ice, he helped Giroux a lot in the past, and now he's doing it with Couturier. He's a classy guy that deserves a little bit of respect. He was also a huge part of the 2010 run. But yeah, let's forget all of that, he freaking sucks and he's the reason why we struggle, right? It's a shame to read some comments on here.

Last edited by YuioIklo: 03-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Curufinwe

Why take the chance of him getting injured again? When he's recovered from his concussion, sit him out as a healthy scratch till the season is over. He was actively hurting the team by dragging down the Schenn/Simmonds line in the past few weeks.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:49 PM
MP92

I think at this point we should all just get the idea of getting some sort of value for Briere out of our heads. If this concussion lasts long enough, and the rumors of him not willing to waive is true, we're looking at either him being here for the rest of the season and next season, or possibly being bought out. If Laughton makes the team next year, I could see them buying him out. If they want to keep him in juniors for one more year, he'll probably stay.

Edit: I thought he only had 1 more year left on his contract after this season. He has 2. My bad. Well with that being said, I could see him being moved in the next 2 seasons if he's not bought out.

Last edited by MP92: 03-25-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old
03-25-2013, 04:20 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
By the way guys, I don't think Briere will be bought out this summer. We'll still be OK with the cap next year, 2014 offseason is when we'll need space.
Can you even buy out a player after July 1, 2013?

Old
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
This lol. Briere was one of our bests players in 2010-11, he's struggled last year and this year, but that can be explained. He's still a good player. His cap hit hurts, we could argue that he doesn't worth it, but the hate on here is totally absurd, Briere can't take a breath without being insulted by 10 posters. And being mad at a player for being injured? wtf. Briere also brings a lot to the team outside of the ice, he helped Giroux a lot in the past, and now he's doing it with Couturier. He's a classy guy that deserves a little bit of respect. He was also a huge part of the 2010 run. But yeah, let's forget all of that, he freaking sucks and he's the reason why we struggle, right? It's a shame to read some comments on here.
- He deserves a paycheck, but that's only because of his contract. I wouldn't say really "deserves" a paycheck at this point.

- "Classy guys" is not a concern for me.

- 2010 was forever ago, let it die. Sure, it was fun, but you can't be one of the highest paid players in the NHL (the highest on your own team) and ride the coattails of what you accomplished 3 years ago.

- He does suck, and he is a major reason why the team sucks. His injury may cause the team to continue to suck because he can't be traded or bought out while injured.

Every Briere apologists uses the guys post-lockout numbers to support their love for him, and have to reach back 3 years to find his most recent accomplishment. The present and future are much more important than what happened in 2010; it's time to move on.

Closed Thread