HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
  #51
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,699
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
As far as I know you can't deal an injured player, especially one out indefinitely with a concussion.
I mean he may be able to pass a physical by the deadline.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
  #52
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
As far as I know you can't deal an injured player, especially one out indefinitely with a concussion.
That's not true

If the Flyers inform the other team that the player in question is currently injured, the other team can still go through with the trade.

However, if the Flyers don't inform them about the injury, and the other team finds out about it afterwards, the trade will null-and-void.

As long as the Flyers tell the other team that the player is currently suffering from an injury, there's no problem

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
  #53
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I mean he may be able to pass a physical by the deadline.
Announced that he was out indefinitely with a concussion a week before the deadline, and he's gonna pass a physical by then? In our dreams.

JVR21 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
  #54
Reduxs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.

Reduxs is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
  #55
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.
I'm sorry, but he's been useless this year. Probably the worst player on the team for what he's being paid

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
  #56
Reduxs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
He's played like 20 games dude. Really not a large enough sample size to judge someone on. That and Lavy is forcing him to play wing, where he has always struggled, instead of center. The entire team has been awful.

Reduxs is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
  #57
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
He's played like 20 games dude. Really not a large enough sample size to judge someone on. That and Lavy is forcing him to play wing, where he has always struggled, instead of center. The entire team has been awful.
He struggled at center is the reason why they moved him to wing. He has been bad all 26 games he has played, and he is getting older and slower. Im glad he is a good guy, but trade him before he gets worse.

He isnt getting any younger or better.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
  #58
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
He's played like 20 games dude. Really not a large enough sample size to judge someone on. That and Lavy is forcing him to play wing, where he has always struggled, instead of center. The entire team has been awful.
He's averaging 16:33 minutes a game. That fifth most for forwards on this team. Lavi's done him enough favors this year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
  #59
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,699
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Announced that he was out indefinitely with a concussion a week before the deadline, and he's gonna pass a physical by then? In our dreams.
Indefinitely just means they don't know when he will be back. He's got nine days. Guys have been back quicker than that when labeled as "out indefinitely." I'm not saying he WILL be back, but it is certainly possible.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
  #60
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.
you actually felt the need to post that twice...

Briere hasn't earned a life-time pass, but no one is happy he is hurt, either for his sake or the team's.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
  #61
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
He's played like 20 games dude. Really not a large enough sample size to judge someone on. That and Lavy is forcing him to play wing, where he has always struggled, instead of center. The entire team has been awful.
He's playing wing because he was awful at center and doesn't play defense.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
  #62
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Indefinitely just means they don't know when he will be back. He's got nine days. Guys have been back quicker than that when labeled as "out indefinitely." I'm not saying he WILL be back, but it is certainly possible.
i'm quite sure Danny will know when to come back...

SuchySays is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
  #63
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,658
vCash: 500
Carolina was trying to get Murray from San jose as well it seems. We know they desperately need help on defense with players going down left and right. Mez would be a good player for them. Homer just needs to give them a ring.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
  #64
UKFlyers
Registered User
 
UKFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Tyler Myers' name is "out there" apparently. I'd definitely take the chance on him. Going to assume that the Sabres will want the earth for him though. Probably a move that's more likely in the offseason, too.

UKFlyers is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
  #65
skoods
Registered User
 
skoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
It's actually really pathetic that some of you are accusing him of faking a concussion to avoid getting traded even though he has a NMC...

skoods is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
  #66
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe
 
jabba2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
Think there may be a good chance they dont buyout Briere next year, or the year after and just wait to fetch something in a trade. Maybe the offseason or something. His value will take a big hit, but the point now is to remove his salary. Ty Myers is signed until 2020 or something at a pretty high salary for his play. If Buffalo trades him they will probably also want something in return.

jabba2 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
  #67
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Think there may be a good chance they dont buyout Briere next year, or the year after and just wait to fetch something in a trade. Maybe the offseason or something. His value will take a big hit, but the point now is to remove his salary. Ty Myers is signed until 2020 or something at a pretty high salary for his play. If Buffalo trades him they will probably also want something in return.
We have to shed salary this summer. Briere is a likely candidate to do so. Whether they buy him out or trade him, I would bet good money he's not on this team next year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
  #68
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Think there may be a good chance they dont buyout Briere next year, or the year after and just wait to fetch something in a trade. Maybe the offseason or something. His value will take a big hit, but the point now is to remove his salary. Ty Myers is signed until 2020 or something at a pretty high salary for his play. If Buffalo trades him they will probably also want something in return.
Can't see getting value for him except from a team desperate to stay close to the cap floor (Islanders). Anyone else would simply wait for us to buy him out and then sign him at a lower cap hit.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
  #69
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh absolutely think Snider is the main one right now still thinking we make playoffs. They make some GOOD money during playoff time.
I'm sure he doesn't. They just obviously won't say it.

YuioIklo is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
  #70
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 100
By the way guys, I don't think Briere will be bought out this summer. We'll still be OK with the cap next year, 2014 offseason is when we'll need space.

YuioIklo is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
  #71
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.
This lol. Briere was one of our bests players in 2010-11, he's struggled last year and this year, but that can be explained. He's still a good player. His cap hit hurts, we could argue that he doesn't worth it, but the hate on here is totally absurd, Briere can't take a breath without being insulted by 10 posters. And being mad at a player for being injured? wtf. Briere also brings a lot to the team outside of the ice, he helped Giroux a lot in the past, and now he's doing it with Couturier. He's a classy guy that deserves a little bit of respect. He was also a huge part of the 2010 run. But yeah, let's forget all of that, he freaking sucks and he's the reason why we struggle, right? It's a shame to read some comments on here.


Last edited by YuioIklo: 03-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.
YuioIklo is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:44 PM
  #72
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,144
vCash: 500
Why take the chance of him getting injured again? When he's recovered from his concussion, sit him out as a healthy scratch till the season is over. He was actively hurting the team by dragging down the Schenn/Simmonds line in the past few weeks.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 03:49 PM
  #73
MP92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Columbus, New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
I think at this point we should all just get the idea of getting some sort of value for Briere out of our heads. If this concussion lasts long enough, and the rumors of him not willing to waive is true, we're looking at either him being here for the rest of the season and next season, or possibly being bought out. If Laughton makes the team next year, I could see them buying him out. If they want to keep him in juniors for one more year, he'll probably stay.

Edit: I thought he only had 1 more year left on his contract after this season. He has 2. My bad. Well with that being said, I could see him being moved in the next 2 seasons if he's not bought out.


Last edited by MP92: 03-25-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Mistake
MP92 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:20 PM
  #74
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
By the way guys, I don't think Briere will be bought out this summer. We'll still be OK with the cap next year, 2014 offseason is when we'll need space.
Can you even buy out a player after July 1, 2013?

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
  #75
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
This lol. Briere was one of our bests players in 2010-11, he's struggled last year and this year, but that can be explained. He's still a good player. His cap hit hurts, we could argue that he doesn't worth it, but the hate on here is totally absurd, Briere can't take a breath without being insulted by 10 posters. And being mad at a player for being injured? wtf. Briere also brings a lot to the team outside of the ice, he helped Giroux a lot in the past, and now he's doing it with Couturier. He's a classy guy that deserves a little bit of respect. He was also a huge part of the 2010 run. But yeah, let's forget all of that, he freaking sucks and he's the reason why we struggle, right? It's a shame to read some comments on here.
- He deserves a paycheck, but that's only because of his contract. I wouldn't say really "deserves" a paycheck at this point.

- "Classy guys" is not a concern for me.

- 2010 was forever ago, let it die. Sure, it was fun, but you can't be one of the highest paid players in the NHL (the highest on your own team) and ride the coattails of what you accomplished 3 years ago.

- He does suck, and he is a major reason why the team sucks. His injury may cause the team to continue to suck because he can't be traded or bought out while injured.

Every Briere apologists uses the guys post-lockout numbers to support their love for him, and have to reach back 3 years to find his most recent accomplishment. The present and future are much more important than what happened in 2010; it's time to move on.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.