Notices

2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

vCash: 500
The Pens are doing what they should do. They get some depth to surround their stars. Good for them.

Now get Iginla, one depth Dmen, the Yeti and let's enjoy a good Bruins-Pens ECF.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
NeelyDan

This joint is the electronic equivalent of The Twilight Zone.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Well those people are ****ing morons or haven't noticed that Pandolfo is still in the NHL
Very valid

Old
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
EverettMike

Pittsburgh loading up on slow players = better matchup for the Bruins.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
The Pens are doing what they should do. They get some depth to surround their stars. Good for them.

Now get Iginla, one depth Dmen, the Yeti and let's enjoy a good Bruins-Pens ECF.
I think the only place we're going to see a Yeti anytime soon is on Animal Planet.

Old
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Stanley cup View Post
IMO Morrow and Murray were not very good this year, IMO The pens get them by their reputation not by their actual*play. myabe they can turn their play around with the pens but I'm not sold on their move.
Many times, ordinarily average players are able to play above their levels when they join talent-laden clubs like the Pens. I really hope Chia doesn't make a short sighted deal. Iginla alone isn't the answer for us this year. We have too many holes to fill at this stage of the season.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
2014 Bruins turned me into South Shore Kings fan
Old
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Despres, Pouliot, Maata, Harrington, Samuelsson, Bortuzzo, Doumoulin...

Pretty sure they are covered on the backend for as long as they want to be..
Meanwhile, how many "impactful" players do the Bruins have in the pipeline? Two? Three, max?

The way I see it, much of the Bruins "future" is already here. Seguin, Marchand, Hamilton, etc. are here, and they're not going anywhere. The Bruins have a good team, and the only team I see stopping them as currently constituted is Pittsburgh. Why not try and bolster this current group and make another run at a Cup? If that means sacrificing one of Spooner/KoKo/Knight/Subban, so be it. I'd much prefer a deep playoff run with Iginla than another first round exit without him.

Old
Shwag33

As a pens fan... i'd like to acknowledge that the majority of your posters are not idiots like ours. Outside of HF most people are happy with the signings, but HF is losing their minds...

The guys roommate? Pens mortgaging our future? He gave up a few picks, not even a first, and a 1 D prospect when we have 5 that are for the most part interchangeable depending on the day.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Despres, Pouliot, Maata, Harrington, Samuelsson, Bortuzzo, Doumoulin...

Pretty sure they are covered on the backend for as long as they want to be..
Just because you have 'em doesn't mean you should give 'em up for aging players making 4.1 mill producing at a clip of .37 ppg. This isn't economics...an excess of supply on one team should not drop the asking price on one of your premier D prospects. Its basic asset management, and that must be something Shero forgot about.

EDIT: RE: "Not even giving up a 1st"....doesn't mean he didn't get incredibly ****** value.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Pittsburgh loading up on slow players = better matchup for the Bruins.
I couldn't agree with this more. One think that startled me about the matchup with Pittsburgh recently was how freakin fast they looked. Morrow and his SOG (yeah change of scenery should be awesome for him, he was their captain, a lifelong Star, and they were in a playoff spot) and Murray and his cement Grafs should help even that off really nicely.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:44 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Rolston was actually pretty good for us.
Rolston Phase I was great for us.

Rolston Phase II, um, I barely noticed he was here.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:46 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Rolston Phase I was great for us.

Rolston Phase II, um, I barely noticed he was here.
Rolston phase II had 15 points in 21 games. You should pay attention more if you barely noticed him.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:46 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
I couldn't agree with this more. One think that startled me about the matchup with Pittsburgh recently was how freakin fast they looked. Morrow and his SOG (yeah change of scenery should be awesome for him, he was their captain, a lifelong Star, and they were in a playoff spot) and Murray and his cement Grafs should help even that off really nicely.
Well, they also added a whole bunch of sand paper too, that's for sure. How did essentially this group of B's (minus Pouliot + Pandolfo) fare against a similarly big and tough group (albeit incredibly less talented) in the playoffs last year?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post

That is hilarious
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
You win the boards for the day. Go get yourself a beer. You earned it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Thats amazing work! Well done lol CamFan
thanks guys

Old
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
People also need to separate being a good deal for Boston vs being a good deal for Pittsburgh...Bruins need an influx of talent, Pens, character, they already have an abundance of talent.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
CDJ

And let me state I'm not a typical HF nutjob that thinks youth is the end all be all. Morrow could have been used to get a better player than B.Morrow.

I am all for the B's trading assets like Spooner, Knight, Koko, Krug, picks etc away. As long as it is for a significant improvement.

I'd, for instance, do something around Spooner + a high pick for Tanguay. That is no problem to me, since Tanguay is still a productive player. The issue with the Pens trades is that the guys they acquired are NO LONGER PRODUCTIVE ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY their: A) Contracts and B) Cost controlled assets given up

EDIT: BTW, we should totally look at Tanguay...

Old
03-25-2013, 03:49 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Well, they also added a whole bunch of sand paper too, that's for sure. How did essentially this group of B's (minus Pouliot + Pandolfo) fare against a similarly big and tough group (albeit incredibly less talented) in the playoffs last year?
Pandolfo was the only plus? As down as some people are on Nathan Horton, he's a pretty big plus.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Rolston phase II had 15 points in 21 games. You should pay attention more if you barely noticed him.
C'mon. His playoff presence made no difference at all.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
They still are way faster then Boston. Hopefully a Montreal or NYR can pick them off early...

You think Morrow is going to sulk? Players of his makeup don't do that.. He *could* be their Recchi.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
spokedB44

Quote:
Rolston was a solid bottom six forward. If he is in any kind of shape would love to have him back. Played decent on the Powerplay as well.

Old
CDJ

Quote:
Pandolfo was the only plus? As down as some people are on Nathan Horton, he's a pretty big plus.
Yeah, I'd say one of the top 3 contributors in our cup run would be nice to have in this years playoffs.

Need I remind people that y'all were saying the same thing the year we won the cup about Horton before the playoffs. "Blah blah blah no effort, lazy, sucks, WAIVE HIM, blah blah blah nonsense"

Old
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Fair enough, but that doesn't answer my question. Also, not sure Horton is a plus in any way shape or form right now.

Pittsburgh is already immensely talented. They just added two gritty character types to their lineup without sacrificing anything from their current roster.

Do you really think this Bruins club even with a healthy Chris Kelly can compete with them in a 7 game series? I don't.

Old
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
They still are way faster then Boston. Hopefully a Montreal or NYR can pick them off early...

You think Morrow is going to sulk? Players of his makeup don't do that.. He *could* be their Recchi.
Did I say I think he'll sulk?

No, I said why are people expecting him to crank things up because he got moved to Pittsburgh?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Fair enough, but that doesn't answer my question. Also, not sure Horton is a plus in any way shape or form right now.

Pittsburgh is already immensely talented. They just added two gritty character types to their lineup without sacrificing anything from their current roster.

Do you really think this Bruins club even with a healthy Chris Kelly can compete with them in a 7 game series? I don't.
Yes, I personally do.

I didn't think Washington could compete with the defending cup champs last year. I didn't think we would blow a 3-0 series lead to Philly. All it takes is a hot goalie, or one important player getting snakebit or hurt and then everything goes to ****.

Closed Thread