HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Too much from the Bruins point of view.
I think you can massage that deal into something a little lesser - or even a conditional pick in there instead of one of the prospects. It's time to match Pittsburgh if you're Boston (IMO) and Iginla easily trumps what they've done.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
No - they can't afford to trade him for a poor package.

You have to look at how it gets presented to fans. If Iginla is a UFA and leaves at the end of the season that's on Iginla - completely his own choice. Sucks the Flames get nothing for him, but they can say they tried to deal him, didn't get a good package and then tried to keep him.

If the Flames trade Iginla for next to nothing, there's no good way to sell that to fans.

If the offers are all poor they really are better off just letting him walk for nothing.
There's probably some truth to this, but the team most certainly won't be better off in the end just letting him walk. The fans perception of the head office might be somewhat salvaged but unless they can make a quick turn around and turn Calgary into a consistent contender that will quickly change.

Most fans aren't stupid.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Sorry iggy but our two best prospects for an aging ufa iginla. No thanks

I would do schroader + gaunce for iginla tho
Might be why he's playing with good players now because it's how they could turn him into a valuable asset.

I honestly like Schroeder's game more than Hodgson's in his own zone. I hope we keep Schroeder as he's seriously finding his own right now.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Lol.

How about if Feaster does nothing and Iggy walks at the end of the season. Is that better???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Why do you assume he will walk for sure at the end of the year? Its possible but he could also re-sign. Either way I think he is gone at the deadline just seems strange.
I think you have disussion with Iggy if you are calgary...get an idea whats going on.

one factor is if he doesnt win a cup with Cgy or "new team" .....he has a summer to decide what to do.....he has only a limited amount of seasons left(esp at a high productive level) ....does he want a cup and how bad...that may be the deciding fator this summer for iggy.............because unfortunally if you want a cup next season you are most likely not signing in CGY

Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
There's probably some truth to this, but the team most certainly won't be better off in the end just letting him walk. The fans perception of the head office might be somewhat salvaged but unless they can make a quick turn around and turn Calgary into a consistent contender that will quickly change.

Most fans aren't stupid.
Both situations are bad, but trading him for nothing is worse.

At least if he walks the decision to go is purely Iginla's.

If it was a pure business decision then yeah you take the best deal you can. But it isn't - you have to cater to the fan base too.

You can't trade a guy like Iginla for something like a low 2nd round pick. If that's the best offer you get then you keep him.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
More likely that Iginla forces a trade than to have him expand his list of teams.
You are basing that on what your relationship with Iginla or what you believe will happen. I think it would be rather easy to convince Iggy to waive for STL,Mon,Van,Det not saying they would all have interest but I think Iggy could be rather flexible as long as the teams are playoff teams and have the pieces to make a run.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

The only way any of these GMs should throw their top prospects and picks to Calgary is if they know for sure Iginla will re-sign. Otherwise it's just flat out stupid and helping Calgary fix its issues the easy way (19 or so games of Iginla, for what some Calgary fans think he will land them?!)

I hope Chiarelli doesn't offer more than one of our top prospects (and neither of Spooner or Subban) in the package. Iginla isn't worth it he bidding war.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
No - they can't afford to trade him for a poor package.

You have to look at how it gets presented to fans. If Iginla is a UFA and leaves at the end of the season that's on Iginla - completely his own choice. Sucks the Flames get nothing for him, but they can say they tried to deal him, didn't get a good package and then tried to keep him.

If the Flames trade Iginla for next to nothing, there's no good way to sell that to fans.

If the offers are all poor they really are better off just letting him walk for nothing.
1st plus good/great prospect is a poor package?

As for your theory, how well did that turn out for the Leafs and Sundin? Difference in that case was that the Leafs tried to trade Sundin but he refused to waive his NTC and the fans were still livid about the whole situation. If Feaster has a chance to move Iginla for a good return but doesn't because he wants to hit the jackpot and then loses Iginla for nothing, he won't be able to hide from the fans.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
1st plus good prospect is a poor package?

As for your theory, how well did that turn out for the Leafs and Sundin? Difference in that case was that the Leafs tried to trade Sundin but he refused to waive his NTC and the fans were still livid about the whole situation. If Feaster has a chance to move Iginla for a good return but doesn't because he wants to hit the jackpot, then he'll be out of a job before the draft.
Lets wait until after the deadline to determine if he asked for to much or not enough. I don't disagree he is asking for a very steep package but so far it fits the market.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
1st plus good/great prospect is a poor package?

As for your theory, how well did that turn out for the Leafs and Sundin? Difference in that case was that the Leafs tried to trade Sundin but he refused to waive his NTC and the fans were still livid about the whole situation. If Feaster has a chance to move Iginla for a good return but doesn't because he wants to hit the jackpot and then loses Iginla for nothing, he won't be able to hide from the fans.
No - I've said that return would be fine. And they could sell that to the fans.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Well, so any prospect the Flames would actually be interested in...id be happy with Saad + Maybe a guy like Olson + 2nd.
Saad will not get traded. Saad is a keeper. Saad for a Rental makes no sense

Quote:
What about Hayes + Pirri + 1st?
too much to give up for a rental that would be nothing more than a luxury on the Roster.

Change Hayes to Beach or Olsen and the 1st to 3rd 2014 and you have a deal.

Bowman will not trade away Teräväinen, Danault, Clendening, Saad or 1st. He knows he needs his 1st round picks until Kane and Toews got their next contracts. Then when they get paid a combined 5 million more we need those 1st rounders as cheap players on our roster.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Saad will not get traded. Saad is a keeper. Saad for a Rental makes no sense

too much to give up for a rental that would be nothing more than a luxury on the Roster.

Change Hayes to Beach or Olsen and the 1st to 3rd 2014 and you have a deal.

Bowman will not trade away Teräväinen, Danault, Clendening, Saad or 1st. He knows he needs his 1st round picks until Kane and Toews got their next contracts. Then when they get paid a combined 5 million more we need those 1st rounders as cheap players on our roster.
Hayes + Pirri + 1st + Olesz? Helps the cap going forward would help Chicago re-sign Iggy.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
HawkinMI

I really hope the Hawks aren't pursuing Iginla.

If the price is right, I would be happy to give him a shot. But this market is insane for sellers right now. I feel like GMs are so stubborn to make moves that price gets driven up and there aren't any trades.. although hard to blame them for trying to get all the value they can.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
CorsiCounter

If all the Flames can get is a late second round pick then they best be trading him. Don't worry about what Flames fans think, you can sway most of them with pretty words and false optimism anyway.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:36 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiCounter View Post
If all the Flames can get is a late second round pick then they best be trading him. Don't worry about what Flames fans think, you can sway most of them with pretty words and false optimism anyway.
That is retarded if we can only get a late second then keep and re-sign him to lead the next generation.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
CorsiCounter

Quote:
That is retarded if we can only get a late second then keep and re-sign him to lead the next generation.
My post is assuming that he isn't going to re-sign which is certainly what it looks like at this point.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
PAZ

vCash: 0
Quote:
That's if Iggy doesn't want to win a cup.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
No - I've said that return would be fine. And they could sell that to the fans.
Ok, so why did you quote my post when talking about how the Flames can't afford to move Iginla for a poor package?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
That's if Iggy doesn't want to win a cup.
I would rather not trade him for a 2nd and take the chance he walks then accept a 2nd and make it much harder to bring him back.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

vCash: 50
1000+ posts, new thread opened: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1385181

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Closed Thread