HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
At this point, I trade Kaberle for anything that is offered to me. Even a conditional 7th. Gives us another amnesty buyout to re-think things this summer.
Who would we use it on though, Moen? I'd love to upgrade Gionta but I just don't see that happening, that "C" makes it difficult (one reason I don't want Gorges to get it next, but that's another story).

Old
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
I made a thread a month ago asking about the value of Engelland

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1360963

Semms like many Pens fans didn't want to trade him as he was doing a good job. Things may have changed though so i just bumped the thread to get the pulse on him.
His name came up in the Murray trade thread, apparently Shero said he plans on keeping both on the team.

Old
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Who would we use it on though, Moen? I'd love to upgrade Gionta but I just don't see that happening, that "C" makes it difficult (one reason I don't want Gorges to get it next, but that's another story).
We could always keep it until the summer of 2014. And if we don't end up using it, great!

Old
shutehinside

Rumors are that the Flames want a 1st, defensive prospect and a roster player for Iggy.

That being said, who would trade our 1st (late 20's), Beaulieu/Ellis and Gionta for Iggy? Who would be upset with that deal if we ended up signing Iggy to an extension for the next 2-3 years?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Moen has to be considered long and large. And, God forbid, but if there was a way to use our compliance buyout on a guy that is injured AND that Bourque's concussion looks very, very serious and that he's not getting any better anytime soon, you have to consider it as well. Love Bourque, was 100% against buying him out this past summer/fall, but if he's never going to be the same again... might as well spend the money elsewhere.

I still hope he comes back 100% and top-shape though.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Rumors are that the Flames want a 1st, defensive prospect and a roster player for Iggy.

That being said, who would trade our 1st (late 20's), Beaulieu/Ellis and Gionta for Iggy? Who would be upset with that deal if we ended up signing Iggy to an extension for the next 2-3 years?
i would be very very upset

Old
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Honestly this off season I can see Gionta getting trade for a pick . We have a small top 6 and I will be shock if Desharnais or Gally are trade . If Bergevin want the team to be bigger up front Gionta is the one who will have to go.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Murray for 2 x 2nd ?? Good lord.....

I now hope MB just won't do anything at the deadline. Those prices are ridiculous. Imagine what will be the asking price for Iginla and Clowe ? Yeshhhh

And forget Clarkson. At this rate it's going to cost half of the farm

If anything i'd try to go after Engelland as he's probably going to be the #7-#8 on the Pens depth chart with the acquisition of Murray. Pens also have Bortozzo so Eng may be available and would fill a need here.

Copied from another thread
These are the Kings past several 2nd rounders:

2012: N/A
2011: Christopher Gibson (prospect goalie)
2010: Tyler Toffoli (Kings best prospect, tore up the AHL as a 20 year old)
2009: Kyle Clifford (young power-forward currently on the Kings)
2008: Slava Voynov (one of the best young defensemen in the NHL)
2007: Wayne Simmonds (tearing it up in Philly, a fan favorite)

Yeah, 2nd rounders are worthless

Old
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
sandysan

Quote:

Iggy has a NTC and the habs are not one of the teams he will waive it for. If reports are to be believed its the bruins, hawks, pens and kings.

Iginla is not the player he once was but if he would resign for two years for that package, I would consider it. But I dont think its gonna happen.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
wolfinhabsclothing

Quote:

Bob MacKenzie said this morning that they were asking for two prospects and a draft pick. For the Habs - and this is my speculation - it would look something like: Beaulieu, Kristo, and a 2nd. Would you do that for a 37 year old? I wouldn't.

Habs are exceeding expectations this year. MB can do some tweeking, but this isn't the team to sell the farm for a shot at the cup, when the Pens and B's are so loaded.

Stay the course; the future is bright!

Old
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Copied from another thread
These are the Kings past several 2nd rounders:

2012: N/A
2011: Christopher Gibson (prospect goalie)
2010: Tyler Toffoli (Kings best prospect, tore up the AHL as a 20 year old)
2009: Kyle Clifford (young power-forward currently on the Kings)
2008: Slava Voynov (one of the best young defensemen in the NHL)
2007: Wayne Simmonds (tearing it up in Philly, a fan favorite)

Yeah, 2nd rounders are worthless
don't need to go that far - a certain All-Star defensemen on the Habs was a 2nd rounder

Old
03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinhabsclothing View Post
Bob MacKenzie said this morning that they were asking for two prospects and a draft pick. For the Habs - and this is my speculation - it would look something like: Beaulieu, Kristo, and a 2nd. Would you do that for a 37 year old? I wouldn't.

Habs are exceeding expectations this year. MB can do some tweeking, but this isn't the team to sell the farm for a shot at the cup, when the Pens and B's are so loaded.

This. No overpayments, if we can fill a need for a good value, then fine but I'd rather see us do nothing then overpay. Pens can afford to overpay

Old
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I don't think Pittsburgh or Boston are unbeatable. The east is very wide open...but I don't think the Habs are yet a "mature" team to go all the way. They have a shot, but making an "Iginla deal" even if he was willing to waive, would cost a ton and would then put a lot of uneeded pressure on our young guys thinking this is "the year" instead of just keep doing what they are doing.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Crystal Met

we are not on Iginla's list anyway

Old
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
Iggy has a NTC and the habs are not one of the teams he will waive it for. If reports are to be believed its the bruins, hawks, pens and kings.

Iginla is not the player he once was but if he would resign for two years for that package, I would consider it. But I dont think its gonna happen.
Players have been convinced to go to other teams than the ones they've picked in the past. It's not like the Habs are 15th in the East this year.

I doubt it's going to happen but it's always more fun when you actually throw in some names to get a reaction.

Quote:

I'm not saying we should do the deal but Iginla is a top tier player, even at 37.

Add to that the multitude of picks we have in a very deep draft and the depth in our prospects and that we won't be able to fit tham all in and it could be worth it.

Diaz has been a revelation and is found money that just adds to our depth. With PK, Emelin, Gorges, Tinordi, Diaz here for the long run and hopefully Markov can take a haircut to stay, that's already 6 steady d men not including Bou who makes 7.

Ellis and Beaulieu will have some time before they can even crack the line up and the 5 core names I named above are all young. Add in Thrower and Dietz to the mix and we have even more depth. I see nothing wrong with trading one of two to get a proven player.

Same goes for our forwards. With Collberg, Kristo, Leblanc etc, they're not all going to make the club. All this is without even considering that we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year in what's supposed to be one of the deepest drafts.

If the cupboards were bare I wouldn't even think about it but they're far from it. If we can get a good player now or even at the draft for some prospects and picks, I'd be more than happy to do it.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
we are not on Iginla's list anyway
Nobody really knows Iginla's list.

Some "insider" just put together a list of contenders. Not rocket science.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Beaulieu, Kristo, and a 2nd. Would you do that for a 37 year old?
Absolutely. You're not winning without trying.
And you still have Ellis, Tinordi, Dietz, etc on D. And Collberg up front.

Kristo is a party animal and I dont think hell ever make the team.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

Kristo will be in Hamilton next season, so we'll get to see what we have in him then.

I'm willing to wait till then before shipping him off, especially since his value most likely isn't all that high.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

I wouldn't trade Beaulieu, not for Iginla, and not this year. Before making rash decisions like trading away your best defensive prospect+ for a 37yo rental, you better make sure that your team is for real.
Right now, a small trade is more likely to happen, and is the better decision.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:49 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I'd be thrilled if we didn't trade any of our picks this year and stayed put. Iginla is tempting but he'll cost too much.

Doing good this year, in my opinion is just a bonus. This not our last chance at a cup. The real fun starts when Galchenyuk comes into his own. Gotta think long term.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

Please tell me,(pretend you're MB) what would be the arguments you'd use to convince Gionta to waive his NTC to go from MTL to CGY ?

I really want to read that one...

Old
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
I am really hopeful we dont trade any picks away. Stay the course and if we are lucky we can just dump Kaberle at the deadline.
Have some fun in the playoffs and enjoy this summers draft.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Toastman

A bit OT, but if Ryder keeps playing like he has, do you think the Habs would sign him ?

Old
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
A bit OT, but if Ryder keeps playing like he has, do you think the Habs would sign him ?
Yes they should sign him for 1 or 2 years between 3.5 and 4 millions per year.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Looking at who is availible, I doubt the Habs will have better options to spend money on.

Closed Thread