Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 11:32 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
A couple of quick questions, haven't read the GDT. Did the broadcast team give any possible reasoning behind not giving TB a penalty when that guy ran over Pavs? It didn't look like any of our guys was even close to him to knock him into Pavs, so I really can't believe that wasn't called. Second question related to the first, was Wheelers goalie interference a good call or a bad one? On the replay, it sure looked like TB's goalie deserved an Oscar, but it was a bit of a funny camera angle, so I'm not 100% sure.
All coverd by "Refs you suck".

Old
03-25-2013, 02:08 PM
denniscasa
Blues Bandwagon 2013

Watching the replay of the game on NHLN. Man was that a scary start... Something surely must be done or we're set to give up a ton of early goals in the next 15 games.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Bartho

vCash: 133
For sure. Pavs certainly bailed the team out early on.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 787
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I enjoyed watching Kane during the game. The guy doesn't give up. I'd even look over to the bench and he would be the only one standing up and watching the play really intensely.

03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I enjoyed watching Kane during the game. The guy doesn't give up. I'd even look over to the bench and he would be the only one standing up and watching the play really intensely.
The guy had 5!!! successful zone entries with carrying the puck into the zone... that's more than double any other player on the team... and that's just the 2nd+3rd period 5v5.

It's sad how much his line can't get the puck out of the zone or get it into the other zone without him. Basically all Jokinen and Miettinen do is run around like chickens with their heads cut off until they get the puck to Kane.

Chevy is right. He needs a guy on the RW that can be for Kane that Ladd is for Wheeler. An in-front of the net guy that has a decent shot/finish... If you get that any of Jokinen, Burmistrov, or Antropov centring should be fine as they would only need to care about playing smart defensively and getting the puck into the other zone.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Aww you're too nice.

My name is Gudas.. you have hit me, prepare to die.
Honestly, I would love to acquire Gudas, just based on that game alone. He is meme-worthy

03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
A couple of quick questions, haven't read the GDT. Did the broadcast team give any possible reasoning behind not giving TB a penalty when that guy ran over Pavs? It didn't look like any of our guys was even close to him to knock him into Pavs, so I really can't believe that wasn't called. Second question related to the first, was Wheelers goalie interference a good call or a bad one? On the replay, it sure looked like TB's goalie deserved an Oscar, but it was a bit of a funny camera angle, so I'm not 100% sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
^ Yeah, I'd like to know that as well, specifically Wheeler's goalie interference. At first glance it looked like a flop that would've made Bill Laimbeer proud.
The ref emphatically gestured that the player was pushed into Pavelec, but it looked pretty suspect to me and HS. It didn't help that the replay they showed in the building started at point of contact and after any supposed 'shove'.

Then when Desjardins did the flop we all went mental

Old
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I did zone entries (I got the idea in the first period so this is only for 2nd and 3rd period)

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/winni...-bay-lightning

Yay! Hopefully soon to be an ongoing, regular thing.

PS Kane = beast
Kane is a beast at everything. I love him and his no-neck a little more every day. He has great entries because defensemen know he's coming north at an alarming rate of speed and velocity. Other guys get checked because they tease the offensive blue line like a frisky teenager.

Kane's passion, hard work, and never quit is evident every shift. To think he's only 21 is unbelievable to me. I think he's the next perennial 50 goal scorer.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:53 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Kane is a beast at everything. I love him and his no-neck a little more every day. He has great entries because defensemen know he's coming north at an alarming rate of speed and velocity. Other guys get checked because they tease the offensive blue line like a frisky teenager.

Kane's passion, hard work, and never quit is evident every shift. To think he's only 21 is unbelievable to me. I think he's the next perennial 50 goal scorer.
I've posted this already just above, but I've decided that Kane doesn't need a setup man in C... as he tends to carry and create the plays on his own.
What he needs is what Ladd does for Wheeler. A tough-nosed winger guy to fight his way in front of the net for either screens and rebounds, and at least be fast enough to somewhat keep up with the play of Kane.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 787
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
I've posted this already just above, but I've decided that Kane doesn't need a setup man in C... as he tends to carry and create the plays on his own.
What he needs is what Ladd does for Wheeler. A tough-nosed winger guy to fight his way in front of the net for either screens and rebounds, and at least be fast enough to somewhat keep up with the play of Kane.
*looks at his avatar*

Old
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Yep. Kane likes to carry the mail and deliver it to the target mailbox. He needs guys who can disrupt, hassle the goalie, grind it out along the boards. That's why Antropov is good with him. I actually think Tangradi would be a good fit with him as well if they weren't both LW's.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Somebody smart enough to go to the net, big enough to battle and skilled enough to finish. Wright with some hands / Mittens with better hands / Tangradi with speed.

Want Powerforward!

Old
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Somebody smart enough to go to the net, big enough to battle and skilled enough to finish. Wright with some hands / Mittens with better hands / Tangradi with speed.

Want Powerforward!
Like a Jarome Wrimittadi.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1458
Quote:
That would be nice. Hornqvist?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 1300
Quote:
I really don't think Kane needs anyone. I think he's fine as a solo act. His playmaking skills have gotten better, but I think when it comes to scorers teams spend way too many resources trying to find the "perfect C" for their sniper (look at Toronto) when I think the two-man combo works better.

Find a C and a RW who have chemistry with one another and can play on Kane's skill level. Just let Kane be that other guy. They don't need chemistry with Kane they just need to be good hockey players who have chemistry with one another. Kane will hold his end of the bargain.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I really don't think Kane needs anyone. I think he's fine as a solo act. His playmaking skills have gotten better, but I think when it comes to scorers teams spend way too many resources trying to find the "perfect C" for their sniper (look at Toronto) when I think the two-man combo works better.

Find a C and a RW who have chemistry with one another and can play on Kane's skill level. Just let Kane be that other guy. They don't need chemistry with Kane they just need to be good hockey players who have chemistry with one another. Kane will hold his end of the bargain.
Well I more meant the Jets need someone who can do a good job of rebound picking on the plethora of Kane shots. Basically, I mean Kane doesn't need anyone to elevate his play, but the Jets need to find someone better that can take advantage of the opportunities Kane creates.

The problem is that everyone not on LLW is either lacking the speed, the hands or the gusto to get to the net and succeed in picking up those rebounds.

Wellwood was mighty fine in it last season as he has the hands and the IQ, but he doesn't have the speed to keep up.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

One of the most enjoyable wins ever.
Because it was the greatest game... no not at all.

Because I DVR'ed it and watched it on tape delay.
Late into the game time I accidentally overheard a stranger get a notification on his phone and announce a TB goal and a 3 - 2 score.

I moved away as soon as I could but it was too late.
He had spoiled the result and "it was bad news".

I watched anyways to see how the goals happened and when the Jets score to go up 3 - 1 I thought some thing bizarre was going on!

A JETS win when you are sure they had already lost is freaking sweet!

Old
03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
knorthern knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Regarding getting Montoya into a game: I'll bet Pavelec gets the two Carolina games, and they throw Montoya to the wolves against Pittsburgh. Thoughts?
Bit of a late response, but Pittsburgh's building their team up. In the past 24 hours, they've acquired...

Old
03-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Dave512

Just finished watching the game on delay, as I didn't get a chance to watch last night. Managed to avoid hearing the score all day!

Glad they got a win, but I find it hard to get excited for this team anymore. No matter how well they play, I'll always think another Caps-like debacle is around the corner.

Prove me wrong Jets!! Please!

Old
03-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov5GoalGame View Post
One of the most enjoyable wins ever.
Because it was the greatest game... no not at all.

Because I DVR'ed it and watched it on tape delay.
Late into the game time I accidentally overheard a stranger get a notification on his phone and announce a TB goal and a 3 - 2 score.

I moved away as soon as I could but it was too late.
He had spoiled the result and "it was bad news".

I watched anyways to see how the goals happened and when the Jets score to go up 3 - 1 I thought some thing bizarre was going on!!
On sort of a similar note, I was in Montreal last night (after enjoying a game at Bell Centre on Saturday) and so I installed the Game Center app on my iPad to watch Jets vs. TBL (I never needed to watch on my iPad before). In doing so, I checked off that I wanted "notifications". This wasn't a good idea, because the feed on Game Center was about 1 minute behind but the notifications apparently weren't, so right in the middle of the Lightning's final push a notification "Final: Jets 3, Lightning 2" flashed on my screen. Kind of spoiled the moment.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:03 PM
knorthern knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
This wasn't a good idea, because the feed on Game Center was about 1 minute behind but the notifications apparently weren't, so right in the middle of the Lightning's final push a notification "Final: Jets 3, Lightning 2" flashed on my screen. Kind of spoiled the moment.
Me too In my case, following the GDT lets me know about upcoming goals/penalties before they show up on the Game Centre Live feed.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

On to the next.

GDT vs. Carolina.