HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Briere: activated Apr. 11 (concussion Mar. 25); Q and A article Apr. 11

Old
03-25-2013, 02:10 PM
RoDu

vCash: 500
where's that cartoon gif of some stick figure facedesking himself to death

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:10 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 320
I feel bad for him getting injured. But between how bad the team has been and how little he has contributed this year they might actually to better with out him.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
RoDu

his concussion better not last into the off season

Old
03-25-2013, 02:17 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
where's that cartoon gif of some stick figure facedesking himself to death

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:20 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
thanks, I think that's most of the board right now

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I feel bad for him getting injured. But between how bad the team has been and how little he has contributed this year they might actually to better without him.
amen, brother !

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Didn't Briere get boarded a couple of games ago?

Flyersfan1493 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I dont think so, but the timing really is PERFECT . The guy couldnt have timed it better. Right around a week before the deadline and he gets hurt. This protects him 100% from any trades.
I mean I hate Briere as much as the next guy. I'm going with it was more of bad luck, which is on par with how this season has been so far. I'm just hoping he's good to go in a week so we can trade him. It's wishful thinking but players have recovered from concussions that quick before.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
GingerFetish

Grossman and Briere :<

HELP

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Reduxs

Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. We don't make the finals in 2010 without him. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.

Reduxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
GingerFetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxs View Post
Some of the comments here make me feel ashamed to be a Flyers fan. Briere has been a great player for us over the years, and his 109 points in 108 games post lockout is unmatched by anyone I believe. We don't make the finals in 2010 without him. Take off your tin foil hats and show the guy some respect. The rate at which people here turn on players is ridiculous.
Plus he's had numerous OT goals over the years. People forget easy.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sorry we care about the future of this team rather than the past.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Yes, let's build him a statue. No one wished ill will on the guy, just upset at his lousy season and now the injury which likely means he can't be traded for future assets. Now's not the time for reminiscing. But there's plenty of frustration that's being vented. It's ok.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
1. No one here is happy Briere is hurt, so your comments seem a bit out of place.

2. I don't see any sudden turn against Briere. Most have assumed he would be gone at the end of the season regardless.

3. Even during the time of Briere's peak production here, his two-way play was abysmal. His reputation for playoff point production comes with a net negative in plus/minus, which, however flawed as a metric, does seem to confirm the eye-test.

4. 2010 seems like a lifetime ago, and Briere has shown little sign of returning to that level of production.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
How can you see all of us down her from all the way up there?

When you're playing like Briere has all season people have every right to criticize him.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

thanks briere

go flyers

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
PALE PWNR

You people acting like he did this on purpose to screw over the team are delusional. This dude has been a big part of our offense since the last dreadful season we had. He is a leader on this team and a big reason why we came so close to the cup just 3 years ago. He's been nothing but class since he got here, to the organization, the players around him, and the fans. Show him the respect he deserves.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
How can you see all of us down her from all the way up there?

When you're playing like Briere has all season people have every right to criticize him.
Criticizing and being frustrated is one thing, acting like you think the guy did it on purpose to screw the organization over is another

Old
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
You people acting like he did this on purpose to screw over the team are delusional. This dude has been a big part of our offense since the last dreadful season we had. He is a leader on this team and a big reason why we came so close to the cup just 3 years ago. He's been nothing but class since he got here, to the organization, the players around him, and the fans. Show him the respect he deserves.
Where do you see people not showing him the respect he deserves?

He is likely to be bought out at the end of the season. That's just a reality of the new CBA. Given that, and given the utter failure of this season, many of us hoped he would accept a trade to a contender this season--both to help the organization going forward and to provide him an opportunity to compete for a cup at this advanced stage of his career. Because of his concussion, he is not likely to be traded, which hurts him as well as the organization.

That said, I'm somewhat surprised at the extent to which many posters on here defend him. Briere's regular season effort has been poor for years, particularly at his own end of the ice. He steps up his offensive production in the playoffs, sure, but not his defensive zone play.

Quote:
Criticizing and being frustrated is one thing, acting like you think the guy did it on purpose to screw the organization over is another
I think you are taking a few of the posts way too seriously. Go back to the discussion from yesterday--everyone knows that he has a NMC. There is no reason for him to feign or exaggerate an injury to block a trade.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
You people acting like he did this on purpose to screw over the team are delusional. This dude has been a big part of our offense since the last dreadful season we had. He is a leader on this team and a big reason why we came so close to the cup just 3 years ago ..
exactly.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I would say most people are being sarcastic when they say that. You know because nothing else has gone our way this whole season.

Personally I said a few posts up that it was just bad luck.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Where do you see people not showing him the respect he deserves?
Quote:
Source: Anthony SanFilippo @AnthonySan37

****ing Briere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Briere really likes to **** things up for us doesn't he. Maybe this will give him a reason though to accept a buy out in the off-season so he doesn't regress from the concussion and stay with his kids before it gets any worse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I think he read the (hopeful) rumors and suddenly got a headache ....
Quote:
Source: Anthony SanFilippo @AnthonySan37

****ing Briere.
Quote:
Briere really likes to **** things up for us doesn't he. Maybe this will give him a reason though to accept a buy out in the off-season so he doesn't regress from the concussion and stay with his kids before it gets any worse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I think he read the (hopeful) rumors and suddenly got a headache ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
He said he was the 1st buyout. That assumes that his concussion symptoms go away by the summer. It also assumes that Danny does not decide to block a buyout by claiming that he still has headaches, etc.

Basically, in terms of injuries, this is about the worst thing that could have happened because it provides Briere a mechanism to block the buyout, if he wanted to, [EDIT: or, obviously because he is still legitimately injured.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
How ironic....

What did he do ...purposely take a header into the boards in practice?

Well..big wrinkle. Guess the Flyers can't leverage him for the betterment of the team.

I would hope Danny Briere is not Danny Lia-re...
Quote:
Boy does Briere really know how to **** up a season this year or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
What a little *****. He better get cleared soon and get the hell out of here. Antithesis of a flyer
Quote:
Briere ****s up every line he is on and has a habit of giving up the puck and being on the ice when other teams scores. Then when we need to think about the future the most, and him being a trade asset, he gets injured INDEFINITELY to **** up the Flyers even more. I think the easiest answer (albeit not true, but the easiest one to give) would be that he's trying to do all this so he won't go anywhere. Goddamnit...

That's embarrassing, whether its sarcasm or not its ridiculous that anyone would suggest he did this on purpose.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

oh, i'm sure they cannot be serious.

[though im glad hes not playing, i feel bad he got hurt]

Old
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
That's embarrassing, whether its sarcasm or not its ridiculous that anyone would suggest he did this on purpose.
Me thinks you are taking some of those posts too seriously. No one (with a brain) thinks that Briere had to fake an injury to block a trade. He has a NMC.

Worrying that the injury might keep the Flyers from buying Briere out in the offseason is hardly disrespectful.

The rest of it just seems intelligible in the sense of "what-else-can-go-wrong?"

Old
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
I think it is pretty obvious that no one is actually being serious about faking an injury. The over sensitive fans on here are ridiculous. If we insulted your wife or girlfriend you probably wouldn't have gotten as touchy.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote