HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Clowe could be dealt soon

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Clowe isn't worth as much as Morrow.
You're right, he's worth more.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Clowe>>>>>>>>Murray. Just putting that out there. He's also better than Morrow.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
NEWFowler
hi

vCash: 50
If Murray gets 2 second rounders than Clowe will easily get a first.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Icebreakers

vCash: 500
Late first or 2nd + B level prospect if you're lucky.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

A first + Tanner Glass.

The Pens have a new strategy. Take the lead in the 1st period and then beat up the other team. The Pens will start winning games 1-0 or 2-0 (maybe 2-1).

Old
03-25-2013, 04:03 PM
kack zassian

I would think a late 1st. Unless a team wants to give up a younger player with top-6 upside who can contribute now.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:04 PM
SpezDispenser

The same as old man Morrow I would assume. Solid prospect at least.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
late first, middle tier prospect
I'm with you on this. Or maybe a couple of early 2nd picks.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Smokey McCanucks

If the Sharks don't get a first and a half-decent prospect they should try and re-sign him. Guys that big and that tough who can play top-six and provide offense (in a typical season) are a rare commodity, you can't just go giving them away.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
You're right, he's worth more.
I don't agree. Morrow was a captain and has that Team Canada stigma attached to him that increases perceived post-season value. Clowe is a good player, but has a reputation of taking time off and being somewhat lazy ... I can't see his current season helping that perception very much either. I don't think he'll return as much as Morrow.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
I don't agree. Morrow was a captain and has that Team Canada stigma attached to him that increases perceived post-season value. Clowe is a good player, but has a reputation of taking time off and being somewhat lazy ... I can't see his current season helping that perception very much either. I don't think he'll return as much as Morrow.
The bolded is complete bull. He's as hard-working as anyone. As for leadership, a significant portion of Sharks fans wanted Clowe named captain. You're not exactly looking like you pay much attention to Clowe at all.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
I think the Penguins have set the bar high. Just because they are willing to pay what most HFers and fans feel is an "abundance" for guys like Morrow and Murray, doesnt mean other teams will be willing to do so for the likes of similar players such as Clowe. If anything, I can see it causing a problem as teams may view their players as better and not accept less, but not be offered more.
I can see how you could say that. However, I'm thinking that there aren't a lot of quality players available and aside from Iginla whose return should be out of this world, I'm not sure that there are many available in his mold.

What makes it difficult to gauge is the fact that he is having a tough season... whether it's injuries or simply having slowed down, it's concerning for a team needing him in top shape for the playoffs.

I'm thinking that there is more to it than meets to eye with him in San Jose. Is it remotely possible that he wants out for whatever reason?

Old
03-25-2013, 04:29 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

If he comes cheap (just a late 1st or mid level prospect) I'd love for the Bruins to land him and Iginla. Oh man....

Old
03-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The bolded is complete bull. He's as hard-working as anyone. As for leadership, a significant portion of Sharks fans wanted Clowe named captain. You're not exactly looking like you pay much attention to Clowe at all.
You wanted the guy who flies off the handle and takes tons of stupid penalties as your captain?

Solid choice there broseph.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
You wanted the guy who flies off the handle and takes tons of stupid penalties as your captain?

Solid choice there broseph.
Wow, another second-hand complaint. I swear, it's so funny watching fans of other teams repeat back to us criticisms we give Clowe in the heat of the moment. Clowe's had exactly two incidents this season: The first was when he was given a terrible penalty by the refs in that game against the Canucks. I don't blame him for that, although I was angry at the time. The second one was him trying to stand up for Pavelski after that little puke Shaw boarded him in the last few seconds of the game and then scampered onto the bench before he had to deal with the big boys. Again, not the smartest move trying to pull Shaw off the bench, but his intentions were good.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Whatever. He has been criticized for taking games off in the past, and especially this year. He's slow as **** and is currently injured. If he's such an awesome player why don't you just keep him, and stop trying to pump up his value?

Old
03-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Whatever. He has been criticized for taking games off in the past, and especially this year. He's slow as **** and is currently injured. If he's such an awesome player why don't you just keep him, and stop trying to pump up his value?
To be fair, I'm the one who started this thread asking about his value. You don't like him, you don't feel he's worth much. Thank you, that's all I asked. I doubt you'll convince those who do like him to think like you. Agree to disagree, that's all.

I personally like the guy, and I get to watch him periodically (on TV granted). I personally think that if healthy, he'd be a great addition to the Habs, who should provide Prust with some much needed help.

I think that a (late) first and a prospect or conditional pick is what will be needed because of the market and time of year (trade deadline). I could very well be wrong though, but I have a feeling that this is what it will boil down to. Some teams won't be willing to pay the price and that's fair, but desperation or willingness to gamble being able to resign him will likely motivate some teams as well.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
If the Sharks don't get a first and a half-decent prospect they should try and re-sign him. Guys that big and that tough who can play top-six and provide offense (in a typical season) are a rare commodity, you can't just go giving them away.
I was going to say something similar except I'd want a good prospect. I'm not Clowe's biggest fan but I can admit his unique skillset gives him value even in a snakebitten season.

03-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

A pail of water.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:04 PM
wej20

similar to Morrow, would help tremendously if he could pot a goal before being traded.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Volchenkovs Face

vCash: 610
HF seems to think he'll return a late 1st and a top prospect so I think its safe to assume he'll return close to a 2nd/3rd and any prospect.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Caron and a 2nd.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
ChoseLa

Remember Paul Gaustad. For the Habs i know we need a HW but we also need much more things. This market is for contenders. If the Habs thought they were contenders, i don't see them needing to trade as Pitts only improved marginaly. And with this market value they should consider trading the deadweight.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Devereau

How about Clowe + for Stafford and Leopold

Old
03-25-2013, 05:18 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

1st, 2d, 3d from Pittsburgh

Closed Thread