HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would the Habs benefit from a Heavyweight enforcer? Part 3

Old
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
He has even/better stats than Ryan White. Got that?
Can he take a regular shift on the PK or win faceoffs like Ryan White? Honest question, I've never seen him play. Or are we purely looking at this as a "who hits/fights more" contest?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Can he take a regular shift on the PK or win faceoffs like Ryan White? Honest question, I've never seen him play. Or are we purely looking at this as a "who hits/fights more" contest?
Lol White is so good on faceoff and on the PK that Dumont took his spot and we claimed Halpern. White is so awesome.

Btw, Mcleod is playing on Avs fourth line too.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He might be able to, but we wouldn't know because according to Behind the Net he hasn't even played a single second on the PK this year.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i still have a hard time believing Bergevin is going to go into Boston after what happened last game with only moen in the lineup
I agree. I convinced myself he would for sure make a move for these back to backs against Pittsburgh and Boston.

Looks like it's too late now. If he makes a move tomorrow (which I still think is a possibility) there is little to no chance the player will be in against Boston.

However Bergevin is a night owl so you never know what could happen tonight.

On the other hand... I hate watching Habs loose as much as the next guy. I get grumpy, I throw *****, and drink my sorrows.

But also I am OK with making the playoffs in one of the top five seeds. I know it's superstitious but I always find the first seed against the eighth seed is a scary match up.

Also I'd be happy to see us hit a slump now.. not a major slump but a slump through April. And then see (please,please) Bourque and Diaz hit the ice a few games before seasons end.

And Prust. God I miss Prust.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Et le But

Quote:
McLeod also takes twice to three times as many shifts a game as Bordeleau and is one of the Avs most used PKers.

Meaning if there's a fourth liner on that team worth targetting...

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Lol White is so good on faceoff and on the PK that Dumont took his spot and we claimed Halpern. White is so awesome.

actually, White is better than Plekanec, Eller, DD and Galchenuyk on the faceoff...

was that before or after we learned White was injured ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
actually, White is better than Plekanec, Eller, DD and Galchenuyk on the faceoff...

was that before or after we learned White was injured ?
We claimed Halpern before White's injury.

And for those laughing because avs are playing 3 lines, it's because they suck so much as a team, that they are always trailing in goals, so they're always in comeback mode.

Even with us, when we're trailing, Ryan "God" White isn't playing.

White isn't even good on the PK, he is a liability with the puck and when is the last time you saw White with a scoring chances?

Old
03-25-2013, 04:16 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

And for those laughing because avs are playing 3 lines, it's because they suck so much as a team, that they are always trailing in goals, so they're always in comeback mode.

White isn't even good on the PK, he is a liability with the puck and when is the last time you saw White with a scoring chances?
you know you're talking offensive production and comparing players who have 1 and 2 points respectively right ?

Old
03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:

I miss old white. When he lost that game for us against Buffalo with the misconduct. I still lol'd. He dropped the gloves in a pico-second. lol. white.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
you know you're talking offensive production and comparing players who have 1 and 2 points respectively right ?
What i'm saying is: Bordeleau would not be worst on a fourth line than Ryan White. He would even be more effective on the team because of his fights and hits.

Some here are saying that White is SO much better than Bordeleau. That's false. With Halpern claimed, White is pretty much done.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
What good does an enforcer playing 5 minutes a game is, when you compare to one who can play 10-12 minutes at least?

Unless one likes stage fights, that enforcer needs to be in the ice when things happen in order to be efficient. Prust is an excellent example.

So forget the John Scott, Patrick Bordeleau or George Parros of this world and look at players who will be on the ice more often than not, guys who won't hurt the team when playing more minutes.

I had made a list a while ago and that's where I'd start my shopping personally.
sorry but your list was awful. Its not you that wanted Eager?

bud12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
What i'm saying is: Bordeleau would not be worst on a fourth line than Ryan White. He would even be more effective on the team because of his fights and hits.

So here are saying that White is SO much better than Bordeleau.
and here you are talking about how fast he is, how much more productive he is, and so on...

maybe you just want Gomez back, the guy is fast and way more productive than White ?

Old
03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
not that I agree with his list, but it contain players who can somewhat play hockey...

yours would probably contain 4 minutes a game goon.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Don't think so. It was announced the same day IIRC. (The claim and the injury)

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
and here you are talking about how fast he is, how much more productive he is, and so on...

maybe you just want Gomez back, the guy is fast and way more productive than White ?
Holy overeaction Batman.

I say it again, so that you can understand.

Bordeleau is as much effective as White on a fourth line. And i think he could even be more effective because of his fights and hits.

White is done in MTL, with Halpern claimed + Dumont.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Holy overeaction Batman.

I say it again, so that you can understand.

Bordeleau is as much effective as White on a fourth line. And i think he could even be more effective because of his fights and hits.

White is done in MTL, with Halpern claimed + Dumont.
dont think White has much of a future in MTL either... but pretending Bordeleau is a good hockey player is a joke.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
ChoseLa

Engelland or Bortozzo might be available from Pitts.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
dont think White has much of a future in MTL either... but pretending Bordeleau is a good hockey player is a joke.
Not saying he's that good hockey player. Where did i said he was THAT good? But he could hold his own as our fourth line winger. No doubt.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Not saying he's that good hockey player. Where did i said he was THAT good? But he could hold his own as our fourth line winger. No doubt.
Of course there is doubt when he's never in his life proven that he can actually play in that situation.

Maybe he can play 10 minutes per game on an NHL 4th line without being a liability. I'm certainly not claiming to have nearly enough knowledge of him to have a solid opinion. But until he actually does that, it's pretty much just speculation.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Of course there is doubt when he's never in his life proven that he can actually play in that situation.

Maybe he can play 10 minutes per game on an NHL 4th line without being a liability. I'm certainly not claiming to have nearly enough knowledge of him to have a solid opinion. But until he actually does that, it's pretty much just speculation.
He can't do worst than White. That's what i'm saying.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:36 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
What good does an enforcer playing 5 minutes a game is, when you compare to one who can play 10-12 minutes at least?

Unless one likes stage fights, that enforcer needs to be in the ice when things happen in order to be efficient. Prust is an excellent example.

So forget the John Scott, Patrick Bordeleau or George Parros of this world and look at players who will be on the ice more often than not, guys who won't hurt the team when playing more minutes.

I had made a list a while ago and that's where I'd start my shopping personally.

Your list has some good and useful players on it (other than Dale Wiese). And the Habs would benefit from their support of our skilled players.

Lets be honest though. There are a few vocal posters on this board that recognize the need for players on your list and/or an enforcer.

The most vocal on here (this thread) do not even want those players on your list who actually play hockey in addition to dropping the gloves.

Look at the reaction to the signing of Prust. All we heard was "overpayment" which is code word for not wanting a tough player. Look at the reaction to the Pens getting Douglas Murray. The same. "Overpayment", washed up etc and so on. The same anti-toughness posters being vocal again.

When we discuss the need to have a more physical team, it is referred to as "schtick".

The anti-fighting crowd has fallen in love with the losing ways of the past and cannot let it go. I will not even venture to offer an explanation as to why. But it is a vocal group.

I hope that Bergevin sees the folly of continuing what the Gauthier regime lived by. The crowds at the Bell Centre do as well as you can hear the rise in noise when Prust fights. The Habs players feed on that emotion as well.

With all that said, we are left here to endure the constant sniping, the continued taking our comments out of context and the continued projections of their beliefs onto what we post.

And this thread continues to be great reading material for fans of other teams who laugh and mock the Montreal Canadiens, a once great and proud franchise that took no ****, as the softest team in the League that can only win by diving.

Awesome stuff.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
That's the Avs. They're playing only with 3 lines. Even with that, he has even/better stats than Ryan White with more hits and fights.
Is it possible that they play 3 lines because Bordeleau can't handle more time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
My list shows players who will drop the gloves and play ten minutes a game or more, no suggestions (aside for Clowe at the end of the article).

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Is it possible that they play 3 lines because Bordeleau can't handle more time?
Yea, let's play three lines only because Bordeleau can't take more minutes instead of double shifting him. Stupid. Go read higher you will undestand why they play 3 lines. I wrote it.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:46 PM
bud12

Quote:
not that I agree with his list, but it contain players who can somewhat play hockey...

yours would probably contain 4 minutes a game goon.
no. 2min a game max........ and no underdog fighter that can supposly play......

bud12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Your list has some good and useful players on it (other than Dale Wiese). And the Habs would benefit from their support of our skilled players.

Lets be honest though. There are a few vocal posters on this board that recognize the need for players on your list and/or an enforcer.

The most vocal on here (this thread) do not even want those players on your list who actually play hockey in addition to dropping the gloves.

Look at the reaction to the signing of Prust. All we heard was "overpayment" which is code word for not wanting a tough player. Look at the reaction to the Pens getting Douglas Murray. The same. "Overpayment", washed up etc and so on. The same anti-toughness posters being vocal again.
Would particularly like Matt Martin or Clifford. Stewart would be tempting, but at the likely salary and term maybe not. Always wanted Clowe, but his play is full of red flags right now, so not sure. Wanted Prust so bad all last year and was delighted he signed.

Everybody thinks the Pens overpaid for Murray. Sharks fans, Penguins fans, everyone else. That's because they did. If they win the cup, they won't care.

Hang on, does this mean I'm not one of the 'anti-toughness posters'? That surely cannot be!

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote