HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny DeKeyser thread of magical mystery

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I dunno if I wuold personally say Anaheim has more of a winning culture than Detroit, even if theyre higher in the standings right now. Youre talking about a kid who has grown up a wings fan and never seen them miss the playoffs.

And I dont think Anaheim is offering him anymore of a chance in the lineup then Detroit is. Lashoff, an undrafted free agent who a year younger than DD is playing 18 mins a night including a big role on the PK (2:30 a game), Smith is playing almost 20 mins a night with a spot on both the PK and PP. Dekeyser could expect to take ALL of Lashoffs minutes.
I didn't say Anaheim has more of a winning culture.

I also didn't claim Anaheim is offering him more of a chance in the line-up.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Are you guys really arguing about what mentors each organizations have? All signs point to Detroit. If he doesn't choose Detroit it would be simply due to pressure issues. Some guys don't feel comfortable playing in their hometown. It's that simple.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Are you guys really arguing about what mentors each organizations have? All signs point to Detroit. If he doesn't choose Detroit it would be simply due to pressure issues. Some guys don't feel comfortable playing in their hometown. It's that simple.
And I really don't agree with that. There are other reasons he may choose another team over Detroit, whether you like it or not. I think most would agree Detroit has the inside track, but it's a little ridiculous to say that it's Detroit, and it's only another team if he can't handle Detroit. Really?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:31 PM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Really? That's your play? Detroit beat Anaheim twice(and needed Howard to carry them to one of those wins) and suddenly that erases Anaheim's standings, and how they've done this season? Or that they have a brighter future than Detroit, at the moment?

Boudreau doesn't need the credentials of Babcock. The appeal is that Boudreau has success with young players.

Yes, I think Anaheim can offer DeKeyser something that Detroit, right now, can not. I stand by that statement, and nothing you have said disputes it. At best, it glosses over it. And is there a point to bolding Fowler's name, because you seemed to do it for no purpose.
Why would he want to go play with a bunch of players that whine when things aren't going their way? It shows maturity. I wouldn't want to join a cast of people who throw tantrums on the ice when adversity is faced. You guys hit a brick wall these past two games and met a team that could beat you twice in a row in regulation and at home. Something a team hasn't been able to do to Anaheim this season. I will say one of the main things Anaheim has towards DeKeyser is simply Brian Burke. You act like Anaheim has been a powerhouse over the past few seasons and prospects know that they're some force to be reckon with.

You don't need to throw remarks about this season with Detroit. It's a transition season for us, we just lost Rafi, Stuart and Lidstrom. Most teams wouldn't be able to recover like we did, but guess what? We did and we're still in playoff contention. That is one hell of a selling point besides every other one Detroit has. He has seen the team go through changes, and they still yet are in the mix every.single.season. That shows how powerful and outstanding our management and front office is.

Also, I think I would much rather go to a team with a coach with a proven resume than one with regular season success. Along with that, the franchise has developed some of the best defensive players along with some of the best defensive forwards. We know what we're doing within this franchise and it's one hell of a selling point.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
DD only signs in Edmonton if he is a big fan of losing.

The image that the Oilers are an up and coming team is dead.
What? Have you looked at the age of their best players lately?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:34 PM
last_sd

Man some Red Wings fans should not post outside of our own section....

Makes the entire fan base stupid/arrogant.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:39 PM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
Why would he want to go play with a bunch of players that whine when things aren't going their way? It shows maturity. I wouldn't want to join a cast of people who throw tantrums on the ice when adversity is faced. You guys hit a brick wall these past two games and met a team that could beat you twice in a row in regulation and at home. Something a team hasn't been able to do to Anaheim this season. I will say one of the main things Anaheim has towards DeKeyser is simply Brian Burke. You act like Anaheim has been a powerhouse over the past few seasons and prospects know that they're some force to be reckon with.

You don't need to throw remarks about this season with Detroit. It's a transition season for us, we just lost Rafi, Stuart and Lidstrom. Most teams wouldn't be able to recover like we did, but guess what? We did and we're still in playoff contention. That is one hell of a selling point besides every other one Detroit has. He has seen the team go through changes, and they still yet are in the mix every.single.season. That shows how powerful and outstanding our management and front office is.

Also, I think I would much rather go to a team with a coach with a proven resume than one with regular season success. Along with that, the franchise has developed some of the best defensive players along with some of the best defensive forwards. We know what we're doing within this franchise and it's one hell of a selling point.

Yes, that is a stellar bunch of defensive players the Wings have on the blue line. I guess that is why we are talking about an undrafted college free agent stepping right into action for the Wings. Who have we developed defensively?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
Yes, that is a stellar bunch of defensive players the Wings have on the blue line. I guess that is why we are talking about an undrafted college free agent stepping right into action for the Wings. Who have we developed defensively?
Recently? Jonathan Ericsson, who by my lights has become a pretty solid guy defensively. I think Smith has been better defensively than the fanbase has given him credit for, also.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
nbducksfan19

Quote:

these posts are hard to read. i would like to see more about Dekeyser as a player and less red wings propaganda.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbducksfan19 View Post
these posts are hard to read. i would like to see more about Dekeyser as a player and less red wings propaganda.
I agree. I'd like to see more talk about DeKeyser and less "he SHOULD want to sign with my team, and here's why: they're awesome, and more awesome than your team by far." (Which extends past Detroit fans to Anaheim, Edmonton, etc. Pretty much everyone.)

That stuff just pollutes a good thread.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:

Yeah, I think we're done here. What a ridiculous post. Lock this one up, mods..

Old
03-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Nothing you guys have been old on the blueline for years

Old
03-25-2013, 04:17 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
There oldest D-man is the just turned 32 Kronwall. Also almost all of them are homegrown on the team. Kronwall, Ericsson, Kindl, Smith, Lashoff (free agent signing) and Quincey (drafted by the wings) so they do have a track record in this department. By the way this was there exact D lineup when they were on a 8 game tear defensively before Quincey went down.

I think the bigger issue for DeKeyser is Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko, and Backman all have considerable upside and will be hunting his job in short order. I know the Ducks have Vatanen and Lindholm, but they would appear to have more jobs opening up in the future. DD will have to get established in Detroit in short order or he becomes a part of a crowd of talented defenders.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 03-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I think the bigger issue for DeKeyser is Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko, and Backman all have considerable upside and will be hunting his job in short order. I know the Ducks have Vatanen and Lindholm, but they would appear to have more jobs opening up in the future. DD will have to get established in Detroit in short order or he becomes a part of a crowd of talented defenders.
I'm not so sure. I think the Wings board greatly oversells the potential of Backman and Marchenko, who are both VERY far from sure things. Marchenko in particular hasn't really wowed me (or, as best as I can tell, many people) since being drafted.

Sproul plays the opposite side (and a way different game). DeKeyser's only realistic competition at this point is Ouellet, and Ouellet still has to prove that he can translate his game as a barely average sized does-everything-well type guy. I think Ouellet will make it, but it's more of an open question than we Wings fans sometimes make it out to be.

DeKeyser is much more of a sure thing in my eyes. We sign him and we can be reasonably sure that we've got an NHL-level piece either now or very soon. He might only be 3rd pair, but even then he'd still be a considerable asset in that role.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:37 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

this thread is so dumb why is everyone sayin stupid ***** DD will sign where he signs give it at day or two and we will all find out,but going by things with weather and beaches is rediculous

Old
03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:

Yikes. That's a pretty arrogant argument, don't you think? For the record, many Anaheim fans came into this season calling it a transition one too. Just saying that Detroit isn't the only team who has gone through changes, and they aren't the only appealing team for a young defenseman.

I've been pretty clear that I think Detroit is, and should be, the favorite, but you make it sound like Anaheim couldn't possibly be a consideration... and why? Because they lost two games to Detroit? That's a little far-fetched.

You still really haven't addressed my points, though, for why Anaheim could be appealing. All you've done is shrug them aside, attack the players, and try to prop up your own team as some uber franchise. I'm starting to get the impression you can't address the points I've made, so you're going to continue to ignore them. I'd love to hear why Anaheim wouldn't, or shouldn't be a consideration. One that doesn't consist of accusations of whining, or regular season coaches, because I think we both know that is about as weak an argument as you can have.

I have a pretty good idea why Anaheim would want DeKeyser, and it's as simple as: he fills a need. Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen... players like that aren't that type, and DeKeyser projects to be a good and steady addition to a young team. That's why Anaheim has interest in him. I also know why DeKeyser might have interest in Anaheim, and I've listed many of them already. You may not like the reasons, but you haven't been able to dispute them either. Whether it's enough to overcome the home field advantage that Detroit has, well, that remains to be seen. There is something to be said for growing up watching a team, and wanting to be a part of that organization.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzyfeelinirie20 View Post
this thread is so dumb why is everyone sayin stupid ***** DD will sign where he signs give it at day or two and we will all find out,but going by things with weather and beaches is rediculous
You're right. No one ever considers where they might live when it comes to employment options.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
You're right. No one ever considers where they might live when it comes to employment options.
Some people do and some people don't.

Is Keyser Soze a Schultz or a Pronger....

Old
03-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ugh. No, they haven't. Not even close.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
joe89

I would think a young player chooses opportunity over contender status. If there are several clubs that can present a good opportunity he'll simply take his favorite. Don't see it being more complex than that.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Chris Peters (USA Hockey writer) reporting what TSN and Grimson said earlier-- it's down to STL/ANA/DET/NSH/EDM, and that Don Meehan is in Nashville today to talk with both the Predators and Oilers staffs, and that negotiations will move to Newport's offices in Toronto, with a decision coming by Thursday.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I would think a young player chooses opportunity over contender status. If there are several clubs that can present a good opportunity he'll simply take his favorite. Don't see it being more complex than that.
And teams can offer both.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:05 PM
jgoud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Perfect for the oilers

Old
03-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Let's see if Thursday will be full of posts with this picture

Old
03-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Detroit has a history of developing dmen? Which college kids have they given playing time to?
1. Five out of their starting six all came through their system...

2. We give Justin Abdelkader first line minutes... That should do it by itself.

Closed Thread