HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 08:26 AM
  #301
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
^ Good. Bring him into the fray slowly.Prov isn't in dire need. Let him get back into the pace & conditioning.
I agree, this appears similiar to Ference and his issues with consistently having groin injuries. I think there were times he played too soon and it cost him. There is absolutely no reason to push him into a lineup before he`s ready, especially one that seems to being playing well. Not that he can`t or won`t help them, but coming back too soon could very well be why he`s been out again for so long?

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:21 PM
  #302
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,086
vCash: 50
Providence is going to be loaded for the playoffs.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
  #303
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Providence is going to be loaded for the playoffs.
They might be, but you never know between injuries, call ups, and trades. Could have a HUGE impact on the Providence roster the next couple of weeks

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:27 PM
  #304
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsden View Post
Hutch was solid again last night, he is making me trust him more and more. I think Svedberg is in tonight.

Koko had an ok game, I thought he was very quick and didn't make any noticeable mistakes.

Hutchinson allowed 5 goals on 20 shots in a losing effort against Worcester Sunday night.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
  #305
looner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spruce Grove AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Thanks for the updates guys, as a Bruins fan from Edmonton it's nice to find a place to talk about the prospects

looner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
  #306
BruinsHockey
Registered User
 
BruinsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
I don't know if anyone else said this but Svedburg had the flu. He missed all but Tuesdays practice. Last week.

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:11 PM
  #307
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs
 
Sam the Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,863
vCash: 500
Knight has now lost a full year of pro development. No telling when he will ever skate a game in anger. Does not appear close at all. I want to love the kid, but I can't remember a highly-touted Bruins pick that was so frustratingly unable to get healthy.
I would LOVE some good news, because he seems to be just what the doctor ordered for the big club - and now, he's another year away.

EDIT:
DKH, please help me. I want to have reason to hope.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:35 AM
  #308
Mione134
Registered User
 
Mione134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 10,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Lion View Post
Knight has now lost a full year of pro development. No telling when he will ever skate a game in anger. Does not appear close at all. I want to love the kid, but I can't remember a highly-touted Bruins pick that was so frustratingly unable to get healthy.
I would LOVE some good news, because he seems to be just what the doctor ordered for the big club - and now, he's another year away.

EDIT:
DKH, please help me. I want to have reason to hope.
Really? He doesn't have an injury history and there is no reason why you should panic. He IS close to playing again, since Coach Cassidy said he'll play sometime in April. Secondly, the B's took over his medical rehab because they were frustrated with the care he was getting in Prov. All signs point to that clearly helping him getting back to skating. Its a torn hammy. He'll be just fine. And no, he's not another year away. He's been able to participate fully in practice and from all accounts showing no ill effects from the hammy issue.


Frustratingly unable to get healthy? You've got Knight confused with Max Sauve. Everything will be okay bro. Just breathe.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
  #309
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
 
bruinsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Hutchinson allowed 5 goals on 20 shots in a losing effort against Worcester Sunday night.
Well there goes that hah

bruinsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:52 PM
  #310
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsden View Post
Well there goes that hah
Hutchinson has size and talent but hasn't been able to be consistent. It's frustrating.

He is an RFA after this season. If contracts are tight the Bruins might not give him another one, given the goaltending talent in the organization.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:08 AM
  #311
looner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spruce Grove AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Hutchinson has size and talent but hasn't been able to be consistent. It's frustrating.

He is an RFA after this season. If contracts are tight the Bruins might not give him another one, given the goaltending talent in the organization.
If Subban survives this trade deadline, would he not be in line for a position next year, or does he have another year of junior left?

looner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
  #312
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by looner View Post
If Subban survives this trade deadline, would he not be in line for a position next year, or does he have another year of junior left?
He could go to juniors or Providence, If Svedy is still in Providence Subban will be in Juniors.
Senarios

Boston
Rask
Svedberg
Providence
Subban
Back-up

OR

Boston
Rask
Khudobin/ other back-up
Providence
Svedberg
Back-up
Juniors/Bulls
Subban.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
  #313
looner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spruce Grove AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Thanks for that, I was wondering with Svedbergs play maybe they are shopping Khudobin. His recent back to back starts might be an indication.

looner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
  #314
Paddington
Registered User
 
Paddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
He could go to juniors or Providence, If Svedy is still in Providence Subban will be in Juniors.
Senarios

Boston
Rask
Svedberg
Providence
Subban
Back-up

OR

Boston
Rask
Khudobin/ other back-up
Providence
Svedberg
Back-up
Juniors/Bulls
Subban.
Kelly, do you know how the rules work regarding junior-eligible players? I didn't realize the Bruins had 2 options with Subban. I thought if a player was young enough to play in Jr, they are not eligible to play in the AHL. I thought it was strictly a black and white, one or the other type of rule.

Thanks

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
  #315
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Kelly, do you know how the rules work regarding junior-eligible players? I didn't realize the Bruins had 2 options with Subban. I thought if a player was young enough to play in Jr, they are not eligible to play in the AHL. I thought it was strictly a black and white, one or the other type of rule.

Thanks
A Player who is 20 can spend an over-age year in Juniors. I think each team has a number of over-aged players they are allowed to carry (I think 3)

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
  #316
Paddington
Registered User
 
Paddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
A Player who is 20 can spend an over-age year in Juniors. I think each team has a number of over-aged players they are allowed to carry (I think 3)
Thanks Joe. Much appreciated.

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
  #317
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,086
vCash: 50
Guessing they'd put him in the ECHL to face pro competition instead of sending him to juniors.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
  #318
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!
 
SanDogBrewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baja Cali
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,238
vCash: 500
He could go to juniors or Providence, If Svedy is still in Providence Subban will be in Juniors.
Senarios

Boston
Rask
Svedberg
Providence
Subban
Lars Volden

If PC can convince Volden to come over. Had good numbers GAA 2.01, SV% .927 and a big kid 6'3".

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:48 PM
  #319
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Guessing they'd put him in the ECHL to face pro competition instead of sending him to juniors.
That burns a year off his contract, and probably has him playing against less talented competition a lot of nights. I would think they would leave him in Juniors for contract purposes if nothing else

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
  #320
neldogger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ma
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
volden stud but wont comeover.

neldogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:53 PM
  #321
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldogger View Post
volden stud but wont comeover.
You think won't come over to play in Providence, or just won't come over to play in NHL?

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:14 PM
  #322
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!
 
SanDogBrewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baja Cali
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,238
vCash: 500
@AHLBruins

"#KhoKho is a late scratch for the #PBruins as we are underway here in Portland"

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:32 PM
  #323
looner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spruce Grove AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDogBrewin View Post
@AHLBruins

"#KhoKho is a late scratch for the #PBruins as we are underway here in Portland"
Something is in the works

looner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:24 PM
  #324
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by looner View Post
Something is in the works
TSN guys say it might be Iginla, Iggy is a healthy scratch tonight as well.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:09 AM
  #325
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 500
Just got back from Portlandia. Good game, aside from a minute span in the second they were solid. Disappointed I didn't get to see Koko. I've got to say the kid who impresses me defensively as a forward is Fallstrom. Smart hockey player.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.