HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose STH thread: questions, sales, exchanges, etc

Old
03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Anyone else get the email letting us know our deposits for next season are due. From what I can tell my tix went up just under 5%. Definitely less of an increase than what I've seen the previous two seasons (10% twice...ouch) but honestly...they couldn't have held off on increases the year after a lockout?
Yep, at 5%.

I'm trying to figure out how to apply my resale credit and overpay from last summer applied as my 20%. Looks like I have to call Customer Svc...which defeats the entire purpose of being able to review these online.

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:34 AM
lettuceAA

Would fairmount pittsburgh be a good play to stay if I were going to a game?

lettuceAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
Yep, at 5%.

I'm trying to figure out how to apply my resale credit and overpay from last summer applied as my 20%. Looks like I have to call Customer Svc...which defeats the entire purpose of being able to review these online.
Oh right, I totally forgot about the overpay credit. Seems kind of pointless to make us call and apply it. Inconvenience for us and more work than necessary for the ticket reps.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:24 AM
lettuceAA

Is there a way to confirm tickets ordered?

lettuceAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:33 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettuceAA View Post
Is there a way to confirm tickets ordered?
Through Ticketmaster? I'd think there should be a way if you have a log in to review your prior/current orders

Old
04-17-2013, 12:53 PM
USMC607

Has anyone ever bought tickets from stubhub from a place called pittsburgh ticket company?

I bought tickets to game 1 of the quarterfinals, and i wanted to know if anyones dealt with these guys b4 and how reliable they are.

USMC607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettuceAA View Post
Would fairmount pittsburgh be a good play to stay if I were going to a game?
You tell me.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

I can't make tonight's rescheduled Sabres game. If anyone's interested, I'm selling my pair of lower-bowl, double-attack zone tickets at season ticketholder cost. The seats are in the second-to-last row of section 109, the cost is $96 per — $192 for the pair.

I can email forward them if you want to pay via PayPal. Cost to email forward is an extra $4.

I also can meet east of the city (Monroeville/Penn Hills/North Versailles, North Huntingdon areas) to sell them this afternoon.

mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

This is late notice, but I have 4 for tomorrow night I'm not going to be able to use now.

PM with interest.

I'll be all around the South Hills tomorrow, so can meet up possibly, or just email if needed.

Section 224 row E, 5-8

Old
04-29-2013, 05:43 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Can't make make game 1, if interested, pm. Can meet up, if in the North Hills, or can email.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Azkals

Delete

Last edited by Azkals: 05-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Azkals

Have two tickets in Section 203, Row J available for game 7. They are aisle seats and the section is in the upper bowl and is center ice.

I'm asking $220 for the pair which is cheaper than TicketMaster.

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

I have two tix I can't use for tomorrow night. Section 217, Row K. Near (but not on) the aisle in the end where the Pens attack twice.

$280 for the pair, cheaper than Ticketmaster. Send me a PM if interested. I have them listed on the Ticket Exchange for $290 for the pair but I'll knock $10 off if someone buys them outright first because it'll save me from paying the Exchange fees.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I am so tempted if the Pens make it through to the final to get tickets to a game or two and fly and see them. Would be incredible to see the Pens possibly win the cup.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:44 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Have season tickets in the upper bowl, so I have playoff tix, but for game 1 wanted to sit in the lower bowl. So I got tickets off the Pen's ticket exchange. Damn!! Didn't realize how much the service fees were for a pair of tickets. About $70 in service charges. Crazy.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Have season tickets in the upper bowl, so I have playoff tix, but for game 1 wanted to sit in the lower bowl. So I got tickets off the Pen's ticket exchange. Damn!! Didn't realize how much the service fees were for a pair of tickets. About $70 in service charges. Crazy.
Yepp. Craigslist is your best bet with no fees.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:04 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

I'm selling my pair of seats in the lower bowl for tonight's Game 2. These are corner endzone seats where the Pens shoot twice. They're in the second-to-last row, so you're elevated enough to see the entire ice and see plays develop but close enough to feel the action. Also, you'll be among the first to the concourse in intermission and first to the parking lot after the game.

I'm selling these at my season ticketholder price of $216 per that's $432 for the pair. If so, IM me.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
I'm pretty sure they double dip, too. They charge the buyer service fees and they skim 10% of the ticket price from the seller, too. It's a pretty nice little racket they've got going.

Old
06-03-2013, 08:19 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
I'm pretty sure they double dip, too. They charge the buyer service fees and they skim 10% of the ticket price from the seller, too. It's a pretty nice little racket they've got going.
That's pure ********. This round, I have to list my tickets at $240 per on TicketExchange just to break even. They take 10 % of the sale — $24 — and I get the rest — $216, which is my price.

I didn't realize they tack on an additional fees to the buyer. That's ridiculous.

So, to recap:
  • Ticketmaster and the Pens profit when the ticket is first sold to a season ticketholder
  • Ticketmaster and the Pens profit by charging the season ticketholder 10 percent to resell them
  • Ticketmaster and the Pens profit by charging service fees to the person who buys them from the season ticketholder.

I don't absolve the Pens from this one bit. They and the NHL had to sign off on this deal. This is sheer gluttony on their part. The league just signed off on a team-friendly CBA, they inked a big TV deal and they are pulling this **** on the fans who pony up big money to see them play in person.

Every time I list on TicketExchange, I also post on Craigslist at a price that is cheaper than the TE price I list for.

BTW, my pair of lower-bowl seats in 109 are still available for tonight's game at STH price of $432 for the pair.

edit: Perhaps the Pens don't profit from the service fees of the second sale, but they would have to get a piece of that 10% resale fee — otherwise the team would have no incentive to link to the TicketExchange page (and compete with Penguins first-time sales that often have higher prices) from the Penguins website.

Last edited by mrzeigler: 06-03-2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: explained above
Old
06-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

I don't absolve the Pens either but it seems like most sports teams are going this route. Most NHL teams, anyway. Anything TM gets their claws into turns into a money gouge, though. No idea how they haven't been declared a monopoly and regulated by the government. I've bought tix through TM where I've literally paid fees that equaled out to half the price of the actual tickets.

Old
06-03-2013, 09:23 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

I have 4 for tonight. Upper bowl, section 224 Row E.

Would be willing to do 2 and 2 if needed.

I have with me today, or can email tix and trust one of you against my better judgement

$90 each, $92 if I have to email.

I have a few friends interested, and have them on TM too, so let me know ASAP

[And, agree with all the above re: TM. Rounds 1 and 2 can be profitable for STH to move on there. Round 1 I sold a game (I paid $65) for $120. Which was of course $108 to me, but I still cleared $40 per ticket.

Realistically, people aren't paying $150+ for upper bowl tickets for me to clear anything close to that in later rounds.]

Old
06-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

$90 is a smoking deal for any seat in the building for the conference finals.

Stub hub wouldn't get you a standing room only ticket for under $130.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:29 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
I have 4 for tonight. Upper bowl, section 224 Row E.

Would be willing to do 2 and 2 if needed.

I have with me today, or can email tix and trust one of you against my better judgement

$90 each, $92 if I have to email.

I have a few friends interested, and have them on TM too, so let me know ASAP

[And, agree with all the above re: TM. Rounds 1 and 2 can be profitable for STH to move on there. Round 1 I sold a game (I paid $65) for $120. Which was of course $108 to me, but I still cleared $40 per ticket.

Realistically, people aren't paying $150+ for upper bowl tickets for me to clear anything close to that in later rounds.]
These are gone. Somebody at work offered me $100 a piece, so good deal all around for everyone.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

That's an incredible deal considering that's STH price for them. I'm in the double attack zone in a section considered "corners plus" and my STH face value for this round is $122.50. No idea what gate value would be.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:47 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
These are gone. Somebody at work offered me $100 a piece, so good deal all around for everyone.
So...I almost feel like I owe this guy a refund.