HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Montreal

Old
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Bkennedy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Not even close to value for Eriksson. PK+

Bkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I would not trade Eriksson to Montreal unless Subban or Galchenyuk were coming back. 70 point Selke caliber defense wingers singed for three years on an excellent contract aren't that plentiful.
Which will not be happening so thank you and have a great day.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkennedy View Post
Dallas does not have the assets to obtain PK. Let alone PK+.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:29 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
LOL!!!

PK has as many goals and more points in less games.. And he's a freaking defenseman.

You'd be adding Morrow to Eriksson... At least.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
PK >>>> Eriksson.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I would not trade Eriksson to Montreal unless Subban or Galchenyuk were coming back. 70 point Selke caliber defense wingers singed for three years on an excellent contract aren't that plentiful.
Quote:
You guys are delusional to a point where it gets funny.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Bkennedy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not saying I really think he's worth it. I'm just saying that's what it'll take to get him from a guy like GMJN.

Bkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
I'm not saying I really think he's worth it. I'm just saying that's what it'll take to get him from a guy like GMJN.
We're talking about the same guy who traded James Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski, right?

Even though the sellers market seems high right now, how can you say Eriksson is worth Subban + is beyond me.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
We're talking about the same guy who traded James Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski, right?
He's also the guy that traded Ivan Vishnevskiy for Kari Lehtonen......

Quote:
Even though the sellers market seems high right now, how can you say Eriksson is worth Subban + is beyond me.
This I'd agree with.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Doesn't take a bloody genius to see a 24 yr old with 3 20+ goal seasons already with the club has a bright future. Joe was an idiot to trade him end of story. 20/20 has nothing to do with it. The proof was staring him in the face.
Goligoski was a a top 4 D man on Pitt at the time was he not? We needed a D man that was offensive minded but could play good defense and that is what we thought were getting. You have to give to receive and that is still the case this season with the trades you are seeing.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
LOL!!!

PK has as many goals and more points in less games.. And he's a freaking defenseman.

You'd be adding Morrow to Eriksson... At least.
So are you the type of poster that values points as being the be all end all to a debate on a players value? So does Letang have more value than Giroux, Bergeron, D. Sedin, or Maxpac since he has the same or more points than those listed? Hey Kunitz has 41 points and Tavares has 34 so is it Kunitz>>>Tavares? Ya thought so!

Old
03-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Drydenwasthebest

There is no need for all the arguments.

Dallas wouldn't do this deal because they are not in full rebuild mode...yet. IF they were in full rebuild mode, yes, they would probably consider a young winger who is currently second in rookie scoring and could win ROY, a blue chip PMD with some snarl and hitting ability, and two good draft picks in a deep draft.

Montreal would not do this deal. At all. Eriksson is a terrific winger, there is no doubt about that. However, Bergevin is building for the long term and would not give up that many young assets for Eriksson. Gallagher is on pace to be top 3 in Rookie of the Year voting. Beaulieu is not only a blue chipper, but he is also french, which increases his value in Montreal. The picks are actually very valuable in the upcoming draft and can either be given to Timmins to turn into potential gold, or packaged for something we need more than Eriksson.

I like Eriksson, but he would be a luxury on the Habs, he is not a NEED. We NEED a bruising power forward who can hit, score a bit, and fight. Eriksson can score a lot. He is not physical and can not fight. He is not what we NEED. No reason for our fan bases to fight, it is just not the right trade offer.

Asking for Subban or Galchenyuk is also a non-starter for Montreal.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
So are you the type of poster that values points as being the be all end all to a debate on a players value? So does Letang have more value than Giroux, Bergeron, D. Sedin, or Maxpac since he has the same or more points than those listed? Hey Kunitz has 41 points and Tavares has 34 so is it Kunitz>>>Tavares? Ya thought so!
Subban is worth more than Eriksson. The point totals are just part of the reason. I like Eriksson, and wouldn't mind having him on our team, but it would cost more than Eriksson to get Subban out of Montreal. Montreal has a far greater NEED for a #1 defenceman capable of hitting, scoring, moving the puck and playing excellent defensively than they do for a 25 goal scoring winger who doesn't hit or fight. Defencemen are more highly valued than wingers (as seen when Neal+ was required to get Goligoski). Young, super talented defencemen who might be fighting for a Norris trophy in their third season are worth even more.

Again, there is no need for our fanbases to argue. Both are excellent players, both teams want to keep them. No deal seems very fair.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Goligoski was a a top 4 D man on Pitt at the time was he not? We needed a D man that was offensive minded but could play good defense and that is what we thought were getting. You have to give to receive and that is still the case this season with the trades you are seeing.
Goligoski was a top 4 dman but what Joe got in return for Neal was well below what his actual value was.

My point is that Eriksson should not be traded unless it is for an overpayment. If Joe gets hosed or he forces a deal which is not a good fit for Dallas then he should be fired. Young assets are more and more valuable to teams so the return should reflect the true value of that asset.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:44 PM
CanadienShark

I'd find it hard to give up all that potential, and Dallas would find it hard to give up one of the best wingers in the game, who's in his prime. No thanks from both sides, though it's very close.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Subban is worth more than Eriksson. The point totals are just part of the reason. I like Eriksson, and wouldn't mind having him on our team, but it would cost more than Eriksson to get Subban out of Montreal. Montreal has a far greater NEED for a #1 defenceman capable of hitting, scoring, moving the puck and playing excellent defensively than they do for a 25 goal scoring winger who doesn't hit or fight. Defencemen are more highly valued than wingers (as seen when Neal+ was required to get Goligoski). Young, super talented defencemen who might be fighting for a Norris trophy in their third season are worth even more.

Again, there is no need for our fanbases to argue. Both are excellent players, both teams want to keep them. No deal seems very fair.
To get Subban out of MTL, they're looking at Benn. Even then, I wouldn't want to just because PK is our #1 d-man and we've got a lot of great young centres.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:49 PM
CanadienShark

The best offer I could do is:

Plekanec + Beaulieau + 2nd?

Would not give up any of our young core - even Pleks is hard to give up. Dallas probably declines.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

Would not give up any of our young core - even Pleks is hard to give up. Dallas probably declines.
Dallas and Montreal are not really good trading partners unless we can somehow swing another version of a Niinimaa for Ribeiro switch-a-roo.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Dallas and Montreal are not really good trading partners unless we can somehow swing another version of a Niinimaa for Ribeiro switch-a-roo.
But Montreal coming out on top this time. Wow, what a doozy of a trade that was.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

There is no need for Eriksson, none. Final.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Robidas for Plekanec?

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
But Montreal coming out on top this time. Wow, what a doozy of a trade that was.
LOL....Every time i think about that trade i can't help but laugh...

Old
03-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
Robidas for Plekanec?
Pleeeeeeeese 6lb 8oz baby Jesus make this happen. We will eve throw in Jordie Benn to sweeten the deal!

Old
03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Goligoski was a top 4 dman but what Joe got in return for Neal was well below what his actual value was.
Check your history. Neal was terrible in the 15-20 games leading up to that trade. Niskanen was a salary dump.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

I rather keep plekanec, he's so useful,

the habs dont need eriksson at all.

hopefully MB is the GM.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote