HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petr Mrazek improves stock in Detroit Red Wings mid-season Top 20

Old
03-25-2013, 04:25 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Petr Mrazek improves stock in Detroit Red Wings mid-season Top 20

Spring is just around the corner, and as the weather heats up so too does the on-ice action in leagues around the world. As we reach the end of the season in junior hockey and the stretch run in professional hockey we pause to look back at how prospects in the Detroit Red Wings organization have progressed since the puck first dropped last fall.

To borrow a metaphor more commonly associated with the other team Mike Ilitch owns, the Red Wings swung for the fences in free agency during the summer of 2012 and ended up striking out. Upon closer examination, however, it appears that Detroit might have budding stars within the organization that could make people forget the summer of 2012 altogether in the very near future.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:00 PM
petesrw

I don't know if I'd say they swung for the fences this offseason. Signing Samuelsson, Gustavsson, and Tootoo is closer to bunting. Three times.

The first two struck out, and Tootoo got a single, stole second, and then the coach put in a pinch runner because the game got a little too exciting.

Edit: Forgot Colaiacovo. He was hit by a pitch.

ANYWAYS. Rankings look pretty good. I'd say everyone in the top 5 is pretty interchangeable. Mrazek definitely deserved the bump.

petesrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:33 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

I think the term swung for the fences is typically associated with striking out. The old saying swing for singles and you'll get more home runs. Swing for the fences and you'll strike out.

The prospects pool looks really good but Cleary still at least has 5 or 6 more seasons in him

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:42 PM
cjm502
#FireHolland

I think Almquist is a bit underrated here, he has the smarts to play in the NHL right now IMO, he just knows how to play the game. Size is the biggest problem, and it wont take too long for him to put on some size. The NHL is in his future, and there isnt anything saying he couldnt be a top 4 pmd right now, but than again I have admittedly always been high on Almquist.

cjm502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm502 View Post
I think Almquist is a bit underrated here, he has the smarts to play in the NHL right now IMO, he just knows how to play the game. Size is the biggest problem, and it wont take too long for him to put on some size. The NHL is in his future, and there isnt anything saying he couldnt be a top 4 pmd right now, but than again I have admittedly always been high on Almquist.
Even if he puts on weight he is still a below average skater, and he's not tall. Doesn't help he plays with a really short stick. I think he's dynamite in the offensive zone but I think he will get killed in the neutral zone and by teams that forecheck well. Like Raffy at the end of his career.

I'd love to see him turn out like Enstrom, I just have a hard time seeing it.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesrw View Post
I don't know if I'd say they swung for the fences this offseason. Signing Samuelsson, Gustavsson, and Tootoo is closer to bunting. Three times.

The first two struck out, and Tootoo got a single, stole second, and then the coach put in a pinch runner because the game got a little too exciting.

Edit: Forgot Colaiacovo. He was hit by a pitch.

ANYWAYS. Rankings look pretty good. I'd say everyone in the top 5 is pretty interchangeable. Mrazek definitely deserved the bump.
They struck out not getting Suter and or Parise. They then started swinging for singles and struck out as well with stupid signings. I do like the Tootoo signing though. Sammy and Cola made zero sense.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote