Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Ideally someone like Alfredsson or Iginla, maybe even Jagr. The cost? I don't know what it would costs but as you can tell I'm more of a proven commodity guy over potential so I would be willing to part with prospects
After seeing what Morrow got, are you still thinking any of the guys you mentioned are feasible?

Old
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Yabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Söderberg is not the only one who might be stopped:

http://www.jnytt.se/nyhet/54045/jesp...rs-kan-stoppas
It appears that Swedish Ice Hockey Federation have struck a deal with the NHL concerning a number of Swedish players who are about to make the jump to the NA this season. The only ones mentioned by name are Jesper Fasth (who the article above was about) and Calle Järnkrok, but it covers other players as well.

These players may leave Sweden to play in NA now (assuming there season in Europe is over of course), but must return to Europe by April 15th.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16479182.ab

If this applies to Söderberg is currently unknown.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
It appears that Swedish Ice Hockey Federation have struck a deal with the NHL concerning a number of Swedish players who are about to make the jump to the NA this season. The only ones mentioned by name are Jesper Fasth (who the article above was about) and Calle Järnkrok, but it covers other players as well.

These players may leave Sweden to play in NA now (assuming there season in Europe is over of course), but must return to Europe by April 15th.

April 15th ? That's handy

Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post

I call BS on that article, plain and simple. The NHL would not agree to send players back by a certain date.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
I call BS on that article, plain and simple. The NHL would not agree to send players back by a certain date.
Agreed, pretty sure the NHL and their lawyers could find more than a few loopholes or outright holes in that agreement

Old
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
Well, apparently normally they wouldn't be allowed to go to NA at all, so the agreement benefits the NHL if anything. But I still doubt they'll force anyone to play WC, there's nothing to gain for anyone if the player doesn't want to participate.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:01 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
Well, apparently normally they wouldn't be allowed to go to NA at all, so the agreement benefits the NHL if anything. But I still doubt they'll force anyone to play WC, there's nothing to gain for anyone if the player doesn't want to participate.

Fossy21 thanks for posting on this thread from time to time. It's nice to get the scoop on CS and the surrounding situation from someone across the pond and on the ground who can give us the view from there.

I'm curious if CS has payed for the national team previously? I understand he's been playing at a pretty high level in the SEL for 2 years or more now no? If the decision as to weather on not he's permitted to play in NA (when his team finishes the playoffs there) is not a 'hard and fast one', it would seem to me CS can make a good case for playing over here, if that's what he wants to do of course.

At the outset he was headed for a career in the NHL I think when his plans were derailed by a serious injury. Understandably, he stayed home and played his way to the top of the best league in his country. Had he not been injured and assuming he had stayed and played in NA, he would not be available to play for the national team now correct?

I agree in that it makes little sense for Swedish National Team officials to somehow prevent him from coming over here and playing if that's what he wants to do. I say that as a completely impartial observer of course. Not! I'm a diehard Bruin's fan and I would love to see CS come over here and light it up.

Thanks again.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
MAINE-IAC

Have they started the 2 nd round yet?

Old
03-26-2013, 01:07 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
Have they started the 2 nd round yet?
Thursday.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
loozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrCam View Post
Fossy21 thanks for posting on this thread from time to time. It's nice to get the scoop on CS and the surrounding situation from someone across the pond and on the ground who can give us the view from there.

I'm curious if CS has payed for the national team previously? I understand he's been playing at a pretty high level in the SEL for 2 years or more now no? If the decision as to weather on not he's permitted to play in NA (when his team finishes the playoffs there) is not a 'hard and fast one', it would seem to me CS can make a good case for playing over here, if that's what he wants to do of course.

At the outset he was headed for a career in the NHL I think when his plans were derailed by a serious injury. Understandably, he stayed home and played his way to the top of the best league in his country. Had he not been injured and assuming he had stayed and played in NA, he would not be available to play for the national team now correct?

I agree in that it makes little sense for Swedish National Team officials to somehow prevent him from coming over here and playing if that's what he wants to do. I say that as a completely impartial observer of course. Not! I'm a diehard Bruin's fan and I would love to see CS come over here and light it up.

Thanks again.
As far as I know, the Yeti has played for the national team a couple of times over the past couple years. I just checked eliteprospects quickly and it looks like he played in the Euro Hockey tournament the last two years. I know last year the consensus was he played well for the swedes I'm not sure about this time around.

I haven't seen him play much recently, but Carl would fit a secondary scoring role over here well. Not having seen him recently I'm not sure how his defensive game has progressed but, I know with Malmo it was pretty atrocious in the games I saw. Although that's a small sample size, and Malmo was on it's downswing by the time I started watching those games.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by loozer View Post
As far as I know, the Yeti has played for the national team a couple of times over the past couple years. I just checked eliteprospects quickly and it looks like he played in the Euro Hockey tournament the last two years. I know last year the consensus was he played well for the swedes I'm not sure about this time around.

I haven't seen him play much recently, but Carl would fit a secondary scoring role over here well. Not having seen him recently I'm not sure how his defensive game has progressed but, I know with Malmo it was pretty atrocious in the games I saw. Although that's a small sample size, and Malmo was on it's downswing by the time I started watching those games.
He's been pretty consistently good on the national team, almost always one of the best players, if not the best. Problem is that the team has been playing like absolute crap these last tourneys, and the coach is a disaster, so it's kind of hard to judge any of the players on the team, really.
As for his defensive game, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. He's pretty much as good defensively as he is offensively.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Shaun
All Aboard

Kirk's tweets quoting Chiarelli on Toucher and Rich for those that missed it:

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 3m
"We've had discussions with the team and (Soderberg) and there's a good chance that he could come over after his season's done."

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 2m
Chiarelli: "It's not a lock- there's a couple of obstacles including the team releasing him and the (Swedish) Federation signing off on it."

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 2m
"He wants to come over;we're going to get him over because he tells us he's ready to play in the league& he is ready to play in the league."

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 1m
Key point: "Hopefully we can get him and we can get him at anytime after the deadline and he will still be eligible for the (NHL) playoffs."

Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

People, just because we got this Iginla guy doesn't mean we can forgot about the yeti...

Maybe its already answered, but can he play in the PO's if he is signed after the deadline? Like Turco last year

Old
03-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Maybe its already answered, but can he play in the PO's if he is signed after the deadline? Like Turco last year
Yes.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Yes.
Thanks, as always

Exciting times here. Two legends headed to Boston

Old
03-28-2013, 12:14 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Crosby called him and told him if he skips out on Bruins Shero will sign him this summer and plsy him with Iginla and Cooke on the F You Bruins line. Does he play today?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
WhiteMandingo
The Epilogue

Now that the whole Iginla joke is over Im wet over the Yeti again.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

In dark times like these, we need a HERO dammit!

We need the yeti, please come over here.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
In dark times like these, we need a HERO dammit!

We need the yeti, please come over here.
Press for signing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YETI.jpg‎ (9.4 KB, 11 views)

Old
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

So what's the series at now? I'm guessing it's second round? I have no clue.

We want the Yeti!

Old
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
jcardoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
So what's the series at now? I'm guessing it's second round? I have no clue.

We want the Yeti!
Yes.

Linko down 1-0, after 1.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:08 PM
jcardoso

Goal Skellefteå. Up 2-0

Old
03-28-2013, 03:11 PM
bruinsfan46

Now Skellefteå is a real hockey team. Never could trust HV71, hockey team names don't have numbers. They also have a damn impressive roster, top scorer Bud Holloway, Joakim Lindstrom and Oscar Moller (remember what a sought after prospect he was with LA) among others.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King

Yes, if Linköping doesn't win gold, I'm rooting for Skellefteå. The penalty (on Lee Goren, who made the mistake that lead to 1-0) that lead to 2-0 was *****, though. The refs have been sub-par as usual, going for the home team. But don't count Linköping out, they can still win this game, and if they don't, you can count on Yeti to start pissing the opposing goaltender in the face or something, making Linköping rally and win the series 4-1.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
bruins04

if anyone wants to shift focus from iginla-gate.... Skellefteå is up 2-1 in the 3rd. small wins guys, one at a time.

Closed Thread