HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yeti Watch 2013 - Part II (Söderberg)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
  #376
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Ideally someone like Alfredsson or Iginla, maybe even Jagr. The cost? I don't know what it would costs but as you can tell I'm more of a proven commodity guy over potential so I would be willing to part with prospects
After seeing what Morrow got, are you still thinking any of the guys you mentioned are feasible?

LSCII is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
  #377
Yabob
Registered User
 
Yabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
Söderberg is not the only one who might be stopped:

http://www.jnytt.se/nyhet/54045/jesp...rs-kan-stoppas
It appears that Swedish Ice Hockey Federation have struck a deal with the NHL concerning a number of Swedish players who are about to make the jump to the NA this season. The only ones mentioned by name are Jesper Fasth (who the article above was about) and Calle Järnkrok, but it covers other players as well.

These players may leave Sweden to play in NA now (assuming there season in Europe is over of course), but must return to Europe by April 15th.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16479182.ab


If this applies to Söderberg is currently unknown.

Yabob is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
  #378
MAINE-IAC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: southern maine
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
It appears that Swedish Ice Hockey Federation have struck a deal with the NHL concerning a number of Swedish players who are about to make the jump to the NA this season. The only ones mentioned by name are Jesper Fasth (who the article above was about) and Calle Järnkrok, but it covers other players as well.

These players may leave Sweden to play in NA now (assuming there season in Europe is over of course), but must return to Europe by April 15th.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16479182.ab


If this applies to Söderberg is currently unknown.
April 15th ? That's handy

MAINE-IAC is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
  #379
8thRoundPick
Registered User
 
8thRoundPick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
It appears that Swedish Ice Hockey Federation have struck a deal with the NHL concerning a number of Swedish players who are about to make the jump to the NA this season. The only ones mentioned by name are Jesper Fasth (who the article above was about) and Calle Järnkrok, but it covers other players as well.

These players may leave Sweden to play in NA now (assuming there season in Europe is over of course), but must return to Europe by April 15th.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16479182.ab


If this applies to Söderberg is currently unknown.
I call BS on that article, plain and simple. The NHL would not agree to send players back by a certain date.

8thRoundPick is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
  #380
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
I call BS on that article, plain and simple. The NHL would not agree to send players back by a certain date.
Agreed, pretty sure the NHL and their lawyers could find more than a few loopholes or outright holes in that agreement

ODAAT is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
  #381
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King
 
Fossy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
I call BS on that article, plain and simple. The NHL would not agree to send players back by a certain date.
Well, apparently normally they wouldn't be allowed to go to NA at all, so the agreement benefits the NHL if anything. But I still doubt they'll force anyone to play WC, there's nothing to gain for anyone if the player doesn't want to participate.

Fossy21 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:01 PM
  #382
OrrCam
Registered User
 
OrrCam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
Well, apparently normally they wouldn't be allowed to go to NA at all, so the agreement benefits the NHL if anything. But I still doubt they'll force anyone to play WC, there's nothing to gain for anyone if the player doesn't want to participate.

Fossy21 thanks for posting on this thread from time to time. It's nice to get the scoop on CS and the surrounding situation from someone across the pond and on the ground who can give us the view from there.

I'm curious if CS has payed for the national team previously? I understand he's been playing at a pretty high level in the SEL for 2 years or more now no? If the decision as to weather on not he's permitted to play in NA (when his team finishes the playoffs there) is not a 'hard and fast one', it would seem to me CS can make a good case for playing over here, if that's what he wants to do of course.

At the outset he was headed for a career in the NHL I think when his plans were derailed by a serious injury. Understandably, he stayed home and played his way to the top of the best league in his country. Had he not been injured and assuming he had stayed and played in NA, he would not be available to play for the national team now correct?

I agree in that it makes little sense for Swedish National Team officials to somehow prevent him from coming over here and playing if that's what he wants to do. I say that as a completely impartial observer of course. Not! I'm a diehard Bruin's fan and I would love to see CS come over here and light it up.

Thanks again.

OrrCam is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
  #383
MAINE-IAC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: southern maine
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 500
Have they started the 2 nd round yet?

MAINE-IAC is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 01:07 PM
  #384
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
Have they started the 2 nd round yet?
Thursday.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
  #385
loozer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrCam View Post
Fossy21 thanks for posting on this thread from time to time. It's nice to get the scoop on CS and the surrounding situation from someone across the pond and on the ground who can give us the view from there.

I'm curious if CS has payed for the national team previously? I understand he's been playing at a pretty high level in the SEL for 2 years or more now no? If the decision as to weather on not he's permitted to play in NA (when his team finishes the playoffs there) is not a 'hard and fast one', it would seem to me CS can make a good case for playing over here, if that's what he wants to do of course.

At the outset he was headed for a career in the NHL I think when his plans were derailed by a serious injury. Understandably, he stayed home and played his way to the top of the best league in his country. Had he not been injured and assuming he had stayed and played in NA, he would not be available to play for the national team now correct?

I agree in that it makes little sense for Swedish National Team officials to somehow prevent him from coming over here and playing if that's what he wants to do. I say that as a completely impartial observer of course. Not! I'm a diehard Bruin's fan and I would love to see CS come over here and light it up.

Thanks again.
As far as I know, the Yeti has played for the national team a couple of times over the past couple years. I just checked eliteprospects quickly and it looks like he played in the Euro Hockey tournament the last two years. I know last year the consensus was he played well for the swedes I'm not sure about this time around.

I haven't seen him play much recently, but Carl would fit a secondary scoring role over here well. Not having seen him recently I'm not sure how his defensive game has progressed but, I know with Malmo it was pretty atrocious in the games I saw. Although that's a small sample size, and Malmo was on it's downswing by the time I started watching those games.

loozer is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
  #386
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellington, NZ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loozer View Post
As far as I know, the Yeti has played for the national team a couple of times over the past couple years. I just checked eliteprospects quickly and it looks like he played in the Euro Hockey tournament the last two years. I know last year the consensus was he played well for the swedes I'm not sure about this time around.

I haven't seen him play much recently, but Carl would fit a secondary scoring role over here well. Not having seen him recently I'm not sure how his defensive game has progressed but, I know with Malmo it was pretty atrocious in the games I saw. Although that's a small sample size, and Malmo was on it's downswing by the time I started watching those games.
He's been pretty consistently good on the national team, almost always one of the best players, if not the best. Problem is that the team has been playing like absolute crap these last tourneys, and the coach is a disaster, so it's kind of hard to judge any of the players on the team, really.
As for his defensive game, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. He's pretty much as good defensively as he is offensively.

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:48 AM
  #387
Shaun
All Aboard
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,873
vCash: 500
Kirk's tweets quoting Chiarelli on Toucher and Rich for those that missed it:

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 3m
"We've had discussions with the team and (Soderberg) and there's a good chance that he could come over after his season's done."

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 2m
Chiarelli: "It's not a lock- there's a couple of obstacles including the team releasing him and the (Swedish) Federation signing off on it."

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 2m
"He wants to come over;we're going to get him over because he tells us he's ready to play in the league& he is ready to play in the league."

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 1m
Key point: "Hopefully we can get him and we can get him at anytime after the deadline and he will still be eligible for the (NHL) playoffs."

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
  #388
Pay Carl
don't lose touch
 
Pay Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 10,408
vCash: 500
People, just because we got this Iginla guy doesn't mean we can forgot about the yeti...

Maybe its already answered, but can he play in the PO's if he is signed after the deadline? Like Turco last year

Pay Carl is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:40 AM
  #389
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Maybe its already answered, but can he play in the PO's if he is signed after the deadline? Like Turco last year
Yes.

Colt.45Orr is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:05 AM
  #390
Pay Carl
don't lose touch
 
Pay Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 10,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Yes.
Thanks, as always

Exciting times here. Two legends headed to Boston

Pay Carl is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:14 PM
  #391
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Crosby called him and told him if he skips out on Bruins Shero will sign him this summer and plsy him with Iginla and Cooke on the F You Bruins line. Does he play today?

DKH is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
  #392
WhiteMandingo
The Epilogue
 
WhiteMandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 500
Now that the whole Iginla joke is over Im wet over the Yeti again.

WhiteMandingo is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
  #393
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
In dark times like these, we need a HERO dammit!

We need the yeti, please come over here.

Confound is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 PM
  #394
jasonbaz77*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
In dark times like these, we need a HERO dammit!

We need the yeti, please come over here.
Press for signing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YETI.jpg‎ (9.4 KB, 11 views)

jasonbaz77* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
  #395
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,748
vCash: 500
So what's the series at now? I'm guessing it's second round? I have no clue.

We want the Yeti!

RedeyeRocketeer is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
  #396
jcardoso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Porto, Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
So what's the series at now? I'm guessing it's second round? I have no clue.

We want the Yeti!
Yes.

Linko down 1-0, after 1.

jcardoso is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 03:08 PM
  #397
jcardoso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Porto, Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Goal Skellefteå. Up 2-0

jcardoso is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 03:11 PM
  #398
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,392
vCash: 500
Now Skellefteå is a real hockey team. Never could trust HV71, hockey team names don't have numbers. They also have a damn impressive roster, top scorer Bud Holloway, Joakim Lindstrom and Oscar Moller (remember what a sought after prospect he was with LA) among others.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 03:41 PM
  #399
Fossy21
Himalayan Goal King
 
Fossy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
Yes, if Linköping doesn't win gold, I'm rooting for Skellefteå. The penalty (on Lee Goren, who made the mistake that lead to 1-0) that lead to 2-0 was *****, though. The refs have been sub-par as usual, going for the home team. But don't count Linköping out, they can still win this game, and if they don't, you can count on Yeti to start pissing the opposing goaltender in the face or something, making Linköping rally and win the series 4-1.

Fossy21 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
  #400
bruins04
Registered User
 
bruins04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
if anyone wants to shift focus from iginla-gate.... Skellefteå is up 2-1 in the 3rd. small wins guys, one at a time.

bruins04 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.