HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

J-P Dumont now a UFA!

Old
08-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Beatnik

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
You guys dont understand our needs, WE need a guy that pays the price in front of the net : Jean-Pierre Dumont is the guy!
It's not his game at all.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
It's not his game at all.
lol, no kidding.
during the tailend of the season, ribeiro actually paid the price more than dumont.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
You guys dont understand our needs, WE need a guy that pays the price in front of the net : Jean-Pierre Dumont is the guy!

You have any video's of him paying the price?

You may want Dumont to play for the Habs cause you like him as a player but don't tell us thathe pays the price in front of the net

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
u guys are owned hard

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...=nhl-canadiens

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Assets Possesses the hands of a surgeon and knowledge of where to go to score goals. Pays the price in front of the net in order to light the lamp.

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:27 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Assets Possesses the hands of a surgeon and knowledge of where to go to score goals. Pays the price in front of the net in order to light the lamp.
Max 23 times a year.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:30 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
ryder is a puck eater, nothing more
A puck eater who was our leading scorer last year and one goal away from tying our leading scorer in 2003-2004... despite those two years being his first IN THE NHL. Give me more puck eaters.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:31 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
how can he pay the price if he "Needs to use his big frame more to his advantage"?

seems like tsn has created quite the conundrum for a player that has yet to notch over 23 goals in over 6 NHL seasons.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
If I remember well, at the end of the season last year, our forwards were pretty good at scoring. It's hard for a winger to score goals when your center can't set you up decently. Since Carbo (Gainey) is behind the bench, our centers have got their game together.

2.9 M$/year that hasn't scored more than 23 goals a year is clearly overpaying. And like another poster said, lotsa people on this board were whining when we signed Samsonov since he apparently took one rookie's roster spot. Since I don't see Ryder, Higgins, Kovalev and Samsonov going anywhere else this year (unless Ryder is traded, which would surprise me), we don't need a Dumont on the third line (Perez, Pleks and Johnson is a pretty decent line) nor on the fourth (Murray, Bonk, Begin).

Therefore, we don't have any place for such a player. And as I said, with the likes of Kost, Perez, Lats and cie. pushing the veterans, it would even be harder to fit Dumont in.
You probably forgot but at the end of last season, every hockey analysis were agreeing on 1 thing. Our attack need more punch. All years long we had trouble scoring goals with our forwards. On the other side, our defenseman had a much better season than we all expect, even Craig Rivet score more than 30 points.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:53 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
NAGY got RIPPED off . only reason was due to injuries .
did you see what he was asking for? 6 MILLION dont expect nagy to return to phx next season .

regardless all you guys sayin he wont get 5 million fine then ....

what's the diffrence can we still afford a 4.5 million dollar ryder?
Nagy got 3M$ and not 4 or 5 because he never did anything in the playoffs.

That's it, that's all.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:59 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
You probably forgot but at the end of last season, every hockey analysis were agreeing on 1 thing. Our attack need more punch. All years long we had trouble scoring goals with our forwards. On the other side, our defenseman had a much better season than we all expect, even Craig Rivet score more than 30 points.
Don't get me wrong... I say we need a top 3 D-man to get better, I didn't say we absolutely need it.

For the depth in front, maybe we need more punch, I concur, but I don't think Dumont's THE solution. Far from there. Anyways, I do think we have more punch than last year since Bulis and Zednik are gone and Samsonov and Johnson are here.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:15 PM
flappuck

Quote:
I do think we have more punch than last year since Bulis and Zednik are gone and Samsonov and Johnson are here.
We indeed have the punch we were missing last year with the additions of Samsonov and Johnson and also having guys like Higgins and Plekanec with one more year under their belt.

Offense doesn't seem to be such a problem anymore.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Assuming something like:

signing Dumont and using Ryder+another Def (Souray-Rivet) to get a relatively significant upgrade on that D in return.

Then i'd be all for it.

Would be a downgrade from Ryder to Dumont, but an upgrade on the D +moving one of the 3D who are all going to ends up UFA next year...

Probably unrealistic as a whole. But that been something i wouldnt mind.
_______

Adding Dumont on top of our current lineup?... i dont know.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Marchy79

We dont need Dumont... we have very little room for him, and who is he going to replace in the top 6... Higgins has a tonne of potential, and theres no way I want him to slide down after that tremendous effort at the end of last year...
Kovalev is WAY better than JP... Sergei Samsonov is better as well (more of an opinion, I know some will disagree... but Sergeis skillset IMO makes us a huge threat this upcoming year).
Mike Ryder is heading in to his third year, and BOTH years he beat the goal totals JP has EVER put up (and is also IMO better than JP as well)...

Heck, I could even argue that Johnson is better, on top of the fact that we have some high end prospects just waiting around for their great chances (AKost, APerez, TPleks just to name a few)...

Not even to mention he likes to talk too much.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
Nagy got 3M$ and not 4 or 5 because he never did anything in the playoffs.

That's it, that's all.

ok then . lets say ryder oputs up 75 pts this year and 15 pts in the payoffs then what?

so we best all hope mike ryder doesnt lite it up big this year in the playoffs right? or come next season at arbratration will pay big huh?

nagy got ripped plan and simple very comparable to beirre stats (carrer)

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:37 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Dumont couldn't beat anyone out of our top 6 if he tried. He is not only useless on a bottom 6 line he would be a negative factor.

Ribeiro also "pays the price" in front of the net. Everytime you go in front of the net you pay the price. And yes, I am ready to compare Ribs fiestiness to Dumont's anyday.

One last thing though. No one should substitute their own judgement for what Tsn's or RDS says about a player. Unless you have never seen said player in wich case chances are you shouldn't be arguing about it in the first place.

«Has exceptional vision and creativity on the ice. His offensive instincts are off the charts and he's improving his all-around game.»

That's what they say about Ribs. A complete player with elite offense, yeah that's the Mike I know.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Talent Analyst

Higgins-Koivu-Dumont
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanek-Ryder
Begin-Bonk-Johnson

PP :

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder(got 50% of his goal in PP)

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
so nagy got RIPPED off? only reason was due to injuries eh? nagy actually played 3 more games than briere, managed 2 less points but had a much better +/-. So what's the reason now?

Nagy's contract was comparable to what the 2 other best forwards on the coyotes make (comrie at 3 million and doan at 3.3 million). That's the reason he got what he did.
Plus where is this garbage about nagy wanting 6 million?

Ladislav Nagy would like to sign a multi-year contract with the Coyotes. And although talks are in the preliminary stage, Nagy's agent, Matt Keator, said reports that the two sides are $2 million apart are unfounded.

"We haven't gone down the road that far yet," said Keator. Nagy, 26, is a talented winger who is a genuine scoring threat.

But he's also been injury prone, which could hold down the amount he signs for. Last year Nagy made $1.9 million but played in only 51 games. He is reportedly seeking a deal that will pay him around $4 million a season.

but lol at making the difference between 4.5 and 5 million a big thing.

when making a base the arbitrator doesn't just use the contracts of players from outside organizations, he looks at the contracts of the players from the same team as well. So do you think that ryder will be more productive than alex kovalev who makes 4.5 million? Because the only way that he gets rewarded with a contract in this area is if he out produces kovalev and koivu. Is that likely?
Do you have any idea about next seasons cap? There is a good chance that it can exceed this years 44 million, so if ryder receives this massive increasedon't you think the revamped cap limit will be able to handle it?

hunjeebakala,

let me ask you something ... do you read 48 day old news papers and think the news is current? that info you just posted about supposdly nagy asking for 4 million IS OUTDATED .when i said he was asking 6 million that's what i read 2 days ago and i can also provide you that link .. but just so you can see that i dont post made up facts of figure out of the blue sky read this article ....from AUG 8 TH

as i said he got ripped and he isnt HAPPY and id bank money on it he wont be back in phx next season

as far as ryder goes what happens if he puts up a 65 - 70 pts season then puts up another 15 pts in the payoffs .. THEN WHAt?

ya your probally thinking will sign him for 3.5 for 3 yrs huh ? think again

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...yotes0808.html

Nagy gets $3 mil in arbitration

David Vest
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 8, 2006 12:00 AM

Ladislav Nagy received a $1.1 million raise on Monday, but the Coyotes left wing probably wasn't in the mood to celebrate.

NHL salary arbitrator Edwin H. Benn awarded Nagy a $3 million deal for 2006-07, and the Coyotes quickly accepted the ruling and re-signed their third-leading point producer from last season.

Nagy had asked the Coyotes for $5.5 million; Phoenix offered $2,476,000.

Old
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Don't get me wrong... I say we need a top 3 D-man to get better, I didn't say we absolutely need it.

For the depth in front, maybe we need more punch, I concur, but I don't think Dumont's THE solution. Far from there. Anyways, I do think we have more punch than last year since Bulis and Zednik are gone and Samsonov and Johnson are here.
hehe don't worry I don't want Dumont in Montreal

Old
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Higgins-Koivu-Dumont
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanek-Ryder
Begin-Bonk-Johnson

PP :

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder(got 50% of his goal in PP)
Ryder also had a herniated disc last year... You have to take this in to consideration when evaluating his worth to the team, or his contribution last year.

No herniated disc... and IMO Ryder would have been a threat for 40. IMO the fact he didnt take a whole lot of time off to recover speaks loads to how important he is to our club (i.e. VERY)

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
hunjeebakala,

let me ask you something ... do you read 48 day old news papers and think the news is current? that info you just posted about supposdly nagy asking for 4 million IS OUTDATED .when i said he was asking 6 million that's what i read 2 days ago and i can also provide you that link .. but just so you can see that i dont post made up facts of figure out of the blue sky read this article ....from AUG 8 TH

as i said he got ripped and he wont be back in phx next season bank on that

as far as ryder goes what happens of he puts up a 65 - 75 pts season then puts up another 15 pts in the payoffs .. THEN WHAt?

ya your probally thinking will sign him for 3.5 for 3 yrs huh ? think again

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...yotes0808.html

Nagy gets $3 mil in arbitration

David Vest
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 8, 2006 12:00 AM

Ladislav Nagy received a $1.1 million raise on Monday, but the Coyotes left wing probably wasn't in the mood to celebrate.

NHL salary arbitrator Edwin H. Benn awarded Nagy a $3 million deal for 2006-07, and the Coyotes quickly accepted the ruling and re-signed their third-leading point producer from last season.

Nagy had asked the Coyotes for $5.5 million; Phoenix offered $2,476,000.
Ryder is not a playmaker...so don't expect a 75-80 pts season for Ryder

35 goals - 20 or 30 passes is the best we can expect for Ryder for next years which is very good...Ryder won't receive 5M$...Daniel Briere is a much more complete player than Ryder will ever be

Old
08-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Ryder is not a playmaker...so don't expect a 75-80 pts season for Ryder

35 goals - 20 or 30 passes is the best we can expect for Ryder for next years which is very good...Ryder won't receive 5M$...Daniel Briere is a much more complete player than Ryder will ever be

did you think dumont would get $2.9 ?

did you think mike york would get $2.85

please explain to me more .......im listening

Old
08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

If Ryder has 80 points that means he scored at least 40 goals. So yes I would pay him 5M$ or more without blinking.
What kind of silly question is that anyway? Of course I want players on my team to perform well even if it means paying them what they're worth.

What if Markov wins the Norris? Saku the Hart? Huet the Vézina?

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

We are loaded of talended wingers, no place for Dumont.

Just play Ryder on the third line and give him PP2 time... Wont reach more than 40-45 pts while a guy like Kostitsyn or Perezhogin will get the job done on the first line.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
If Ryder has 80 points that means he scored at least 40 goals. So yes I would pay him 5M$ or more without blinking.
What kind of silly question is that anyway? Of course I want players on my team to perform well even if it means paying them what they're worth.

What if Markov wins the Norris? Saku the Hart? Huet the Vézina?

SXE

in the cap world it's not if you wanna keep the player it all about being able to afford him .you seen buffalo and what playoff suceess did to there pay role? took it from 28 million to 43 million and they had to let jp walk. heaven forbid we goo deep this year in the playoffs

i dont wanna see ryder go BUT ryder and markov both rfa 's next season ....we got big problems .what do we do about rivet and souray ?

lets say ryder does put up 75 pts has a excelent playoffs 4.5 million count on it in arbration so add ryder at 4.5 million next season

also here come our stud markov ready to go rfa. what he goona be worth after have a 50 pts plus season ? you better get ready for another 4.5 - 5 million

then we need to adress our other 2 defensmen . souray/ rivet.
both making average 2.3 - 2.4 million ... as i said eairly whats there raise goona be?

sure you can let both guys go but find replacements for the same price. did you see the ufa d man price this year? GOOD LUCK .... rivet 3.5 million? souray ? sure let him walk huh? now go sign a replacment to take his place for 2.4 million you will NEVER do it ....

i can't be the only one see the problem were goona have ...how many 4 and 5 million dollar guys can we have on our roster before it becomes a problem ??

saku 4.75
markov 4.5 - 5 million
ryder 4.5
kovy 4.5
souray 4.0
rivet 3.5
sammy 3.5

huet 2.75

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 08-08-2006 at 05:14 PM.