HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would the Habs benefit from a Heavyweight enforcer? Part 3

Old
03-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
Kassian is a better hockey player than Bordeleau. Would of been an okay pick-up to add toughness.

But I agree with the article from Joce. Habs need toughness in the top nine, or on defense.

I would love a trade with Colorado involving Ryan O'bryne and Mcloed.
Not sure about that.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:56 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
no, Matt Kassian is not a better hockey player than Bordeleau.
Both can't play. Bordeleau has the upside of being from Montreal and he played better in Junior hockey.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
bud12

Quote:
Both can't play. Bordeleau has the upside of being from Montreal and he played better in Junior hockey.
I like them both and I take both on my team but Bordeleau is easy the better player.

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
I like them both and I take both on my team but Bordeleau is easy the better player.
This.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
He is 27 years old and in his first NHL season. Kassian is 26 in his third. Too hard to tell with such a limited amount of hockey played by either.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:02 PM
bud12

Quote:
He is 27 years old and in his first NHL season. Kassian is 26 in his third. Too hard to tell with such a limited amount of hockey played by either.
no, anyone who watched ahl will tell you that. Kassian have goon speed. Bordeleau have good speed. Their age have nothing to do with that

Old
03-25-2013, 07:04 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
no, anyone who watched ahl will tell you that. Kassian have goon speed. Bordeleau have good speed. Their age have nothing to do with that
Clearly they're both goons, so I'll let you tell me which one is the better fighter for the tie-break.

I am still of the belief that habs need hockey players not goons. Hockey players that can scrap like Prust.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:08 PM
bud12

Quote:
Clearly they're both goons, so I'll let you tell me which one is the better fighter for the tie-break.

I am still of the belief that habs need hockey players not goons. Hockey players that can scrap like Prust.
both are good fighter but Bordeleau got the edge imo. And anyone who kow the 2 will take Bordeleau. Their fighting skill is not what will tie-break them

Old
03-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Almost everyone on this board would love to see this team get tougher.
To be fair, there is a very loud minority of anti-fighting members posting the same crap over and over again, often one-liners, while being totally sarcastic. I personally don't blame the member you're quoting for losing patience with them and for generalizing.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:32 PM
21gionta21

Most of us want the bordeleau type of enforcer ....6'6 225 ...but I think MB might go after the type of " enforcer " like a Jared boll. He's 6'2 219 just 26 years old ....has put up 14 points one year so he has some hockey sense and u know he can play 82 games ....maybe some PK and I don't think his skating is that bad. I think MB will go after a guy that can play more of a regular shift then a John Scott type.

21gionta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21gionta21 View Post
Most of us want the bordeleau type of enforcer ....6'6 225 ...but I think MB might go after the type of " enforcer " like a Jared boll. He's 6'2 219 just 26 years old ....has put up 14 points one year so he has some hockey sense and u know he can play 82 games ....maybe some PK and I don't think his skating is that bad. I think MB will go after a guy that can play more of a regular shift then a John Scott type.
I'm not sure what you're reading but I certainly wouldn't say that "most of us" want a Bordeleau. I'd even say that it's a (vocal) minority. From what I'm reading here, most want a guy who can also play hockey, pointing more towards what you say that Bergevin is looking for.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:22 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Doesnt matter, Lucic will puss out against anyone his size, everyone knows that.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:30 PM
bud12

This is from a Avs fan in the trading board.......Seem like habs fan aren't the only one who are high on Bordeleau

Quote:
Wouldn't take it. With the Avs playing bad, honestly, Bordeleau is probably the most fun player to watch when our best players aren't on their game. He hits like a truck, that's for sure. He's also a real good fighter and the Avs having a quality enforcer is the one of the few bright spots this year (especially we had Koci and Worrell). And he can actually skate! Wouldn't give him away.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
This is from a Avs fan in the trading board.......Seem like habs fan aren't the only one who are high on Bordeleau
There you go!

Old
03-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Forsead

WHy getting guys like Kassian and Bordeleau when it would be much better with guys like Boll or McLeod, even Sestito is a better hockey player than theses two.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:31 AM
ChoseLa

I'd be all for McLeod. He can play minutes in a Stanley cup final, as much as i like bordello, he would be a bench warmer during the playoffs.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:41 AM
Et le But

If they love Bordeleau and his 5 minutes of sheltered play that much, they should keep him and trade McLeod to us.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
WHy getting guys like Kassian and Bordeleau when it would be much better with guys like Boll or McLeod, even Sestito is a better hockey player than theses two.
Agreed. I've been impressed with what I saw of Sestito since the Canucks claimed him here out west. I see why Bergevin put a claim in for him.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Doesnt matter, Lucic will puss out against anyone his size, everyone knows that.
To be honest, the guy is a top 6 player, he shouldn't be fighting guys like Scott, Orr, that are useless, I don't even blame him, that is why getting a guy like Scott that can't play is pointless.

IMO if we can get a bigger body on the 4th line that can play 10min a game like Boll, that would be perfect, but I believe we need to get a Clowe, Stewart type player, some grit but can place.

I've read a few times Lebrun mention that, that is what Bergevin is looking for.

I'd be very pleased if we can get Clowe and a guy like Boll on the this team. I know Clowe hasn't been great, but I think it would help give some serious size on the wing.

LW of Pacioretty-Bourque-Clowe would be great, might mean some changes might be made, but maybe going into next year with.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Lol White is so good on faceoff and on the PK that Dumont took his spot and we claimed Halpern. White is so awesome.

Btw, Mcleod is playing on Avs fourth line too.
I'm just looking at comparing the two players' hockey skills, not trying to pump Ryan White's tires. Any actual answers or just more misdirection?

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

I went from believing we needed an HW to just thinking "we need another guy to take some load off Prust's shoulders". I don't even consider Moen and White as backups for him anymore, they're not even worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence.

Go get Nystrom from Dallas or Thorburn from Winnipeg. Just someone. I don't care who. As long as Prust stops being the only guy the other teams' tough guys look forward to checking/hitting/abusing/fighting.

HiggsBozon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm just looking at comparing the two players' hockey skills, not trying to pump Ryan White's tires. Any actual answers or just more misdirection?
Trust me, Bordeleau could not do worst than White on our fourth line. And if you let me choose between the two, it's easily Bordeleau. Bigger, faster, more physical and better fighter.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Subban Fan

Nobody talks about Tim Jackman from Cgy. Could be a good fit for us. Decent player who can drop the gloves with anyone!

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban Fan View Post
Nobody talks about Tim Jackman from Cgy. Could be a good fit for us. Decent player who can drop the gloves with anyone!
And get destroy by anyone.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
And get destroy by anyone.
Trueeee. lol. Exactly what i was thinking.

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote