HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
IndustryLeech

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
I don't think Giguere or anyone should publicly come out and say it's Sacco's fault, but don't say it's not either.

If i was player on the Avs i would just say we are not playing well and i would point out that we have problems on this team, we lost all our confidence, and we are playing like crap, and let the management figure out what the problem is.

I wouldn't say it's not coaching fault, or i wouldn't say it's not lack of good d-men, i'd hint that it is in fact both coaching and lack of d-men, i could say we are not playing with any system and i could also point out that we as a team make alot of mistakes in our own zone and hopefully management would get the massage that im saying our d-men suck.
If Giguere thought it was coaching he wouldn't explicitly say it wasn't. He probably just wouldn't mention coaching at all. That said, well that's just his opinion, man.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
Seriously? He still hasn't been fired?
He and Sherm the worm need to go together. We blame Saco and yes he does suck but look at that D man aint nobody going to go anywhere wit dat D. Sherman mb should be kept on as a consultant on trade purposes but thats it. Oh and fire Lacroix im done with that monkey

Last edited by Bubba Thudd: 03-25-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: just a little house-cleaning
Old
03-25-2013, 03:14 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Am I going crazy or did Duchene make a comment last week that hinted that it was coaching.
If he did, good for Duchene.

Duchene himself has worked his ass off to come back and have a better season, and he is having a great season, and if he says coaching sucks i respect that.

If i work my ass off to have much better season and im actually having a good season i would like to have a good team to play for not playing for a last place team.

I'd point out anything that i thought was the problem with the team. Yeah those guys on D maybe good guys and all, but i want to have a better defense on this team. I'd hint the management to sign some real d-men from now on.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:48 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Cross Cooper off:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Piling on to the speculation...expect Tampa Bay to announce Jon Cooper as head coach as early as tomorrow. #TSN

Old
03-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Cross Cooper off:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Piling on to the speculation...expect Tampa Bay to announce Jon Cooper as head coach as early as tomorrow. #TSN

This has to be some sort of terrible nightmare and when I wake up Sacco is really the waterboy and Forsberg is coaching our team to its 5th straight Stanley Cup?

Old
03-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!

Why would you think that we would get Cooper as head coach? Right now the options are: more Sacco, Quinn, Chynoweth, and Army. Pick your poison.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

The good news is the Avs front office can't be accused of passing on Cooper. He was never available to begin with.

I suppose if we gotta pick our poison, I go with Quinn. Assuming he doesn't take the BU job (if I were him, I would).

Old
03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
Why would you think that we would get Cooper as head coach? Right now the options are: more Sacco, Quinn, Chynoweth, and Army. Pick your poison.
Exactly. No point in being upset at a fairy tale notion that management is actually going to fire Sacco. And even if they do, look outside the organization and interview coaches.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
The good news is the Avs front office can't be accused of passing on Cooper. He was never available to begin with.

I suppose if we gotta pick our poison, I go with Quinn. Assuming he doesn't take the BU job (if I were him, I would).
That's true. It's doubtful the Avs even inquired, but even if they did, if Tampa had plans on him being their guy, they wouldn't have given the Avs permission to talk with him.

They did give the Caps permission last summer though.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:24 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Am I going crazy or did Duchene make a comment last week that hinted that it was coaching.
Then that is pathetic on Duchenes behalf. Sacco is not a great coach and we need to move on but anyone with eyes should see its the players not giving an effort or flat out stinking... If they are going to start blaming coaches we are in for many years of losing.

Giggy is right in blaming the team, its what you should do no matter what and one of the many reasons he is such a respectable guy and winner.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
Then that is pathetic on Duchenes behalf. Sacco is not a great coach and we need to move on but anyone with eyes should see its the players not giving an effort or flat out stinking... If they are going to start blaming coaches we are in for many years of losing.

Giggy is right in blaming the team, its what you should do no matter what and one of the many reasons he is such a respectable guy and winner.
Maybe players aren't happy with the way Sacco is coaching them. Maybe they aren't happy with Sacco's system, constant changes of line combinations, putting wrong players at wrong spots, sending wrong players down to AHL etc etc....

Old
03-25-2013, 06:35 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Duchene's comment said something like, it isn't effort, and it isn't talent. Nothing else...

That was like like 6-8 games ago though, when we had injuries but the team was still putting out solid efforts every night.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Can we please not get into another round of dissecting every little thing Duchene says? I seriously, seriously doubt he said anything direct or implied about the coaches.

Not entirely sure players are in a great position to analyze coaches if you ask me. They can't tell you for certain if this system or that one will work, all they can see is if they and other players are executing the game plan. Unless a coach does something inordinately stupid, like Bill Barber and Mike Keenan refusing to practice the power play, not many players are going to criticize the coach in public.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:43 PM
avsfan09

Quote:

Coaching makes a huge difference to the way a team plays. When you look at the way this team played last year compared to this year, it's obvious were capable of more.

When a team loses this much we lose confidence and that in turn makes us less assertive on the ice. This team needs a system to follow and a good defenceman. We probably need another good winger in order to be a team capable of competing but were not nearly as bad as it seems.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
JeffFingerDiscount

vCash: 1590
Jeff Marek and Greg Wyshynski were talking coach firings today. Sacco was at the top of their list of potential coach firings. Anyone could identify Sacco as a dead coach walking at this point. What was more interesting is this: I dunno if Marek has any hints of stuff (probably not), but his thinking was that a major housecleaning was coming after the season for Colorado. He said Sacco and Sherman to go and replaced by Eric Lacroix as GM.

It actually seems pretty plausible with some of the Lacroix-ish moves we've seen going back to last season. Eric has been VP of Hockey Operations for a number of years now. It would be no surprise if he was being groomed for the GM role and Sherman was just a placeholder.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFingerDiscount View Post
Jeff Marek and Greg Wyshynski were talking coach firings today. Sacco was at the top of their list of potential coach firings. Anyone could identify Sacco as a dead coach walking at this point. What was more interesting is this: I dunno if Marek has any hints of stuff (probably not), but his thinking was that a major housecleaning was coming after the season for Colorado. He said Sacco and Sherman to go and replaced by Eric Lacroix as GM.

It actually seems pretty plausible with some of the Lacroix-ish moves we've seen going back to last season. Eric has been VP of Hockey Operations for a number of years now. It would be no surprise if he was being groomed for the GM role and Sherman was just a placeholder.
I think that will happen, and to me that's further proof Lacroix needs to go.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
BrickAHL
No More

Quote:

If Sherman gets fired and is replaced by Eric Lacroix, reading these boards is going to be so much fun.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Hans Landaskog

Let the communistic hierarchy of the Avalanche continue. Hail Avalanche.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
If Sherman gets fired and is replaced by Eric Lacroix, reading these boards is going to be so much fun.
It's kinda hard to read when you've got a bullet hole that passes right behind your eyeballs. This board would become mind melting.

And the only reason to keep Sacco as coach is to ensure we successful tank this season, like we did for Landy.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Just as much fun as the inevitable Stastny 5 year extension with full NMC.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:07 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Cross another name off the list

College Hockey News ‏@chnews 3m
Reports from Boston TV suggest David Quinn will be named new BU coach Tuesday.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:29 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:

OHGODNO, NO NO NO! I... I just cannot handle it anymore. I want the Lacroix's (Lacroixes? whatever) as far away from this organization as possible. It's tough, almost too tough, as a fan to digest any further.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Have a feeling there will be some coaches playing musical chairs this summer by the sounds of things. Seems like a lot of fans aren't impressed with coaching on other teams and some are close to being on there way out.

Sacco, Torts, Laviolette, Ruff, AV, Dineen have all been brought up as possible firings.

Of all of those guys, Lavs is easily my #1 choice his system would be so much fun to watch with the Avs. Torts is #2, after that I don't really care.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Can you imagine the **** storm between AD and Torts after every game if he was brought in?

Old
03-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Have a feeling there will be some coaches playing musical chairs this summer by the sounds of things. Seems like a lot of fans aren't impressed with coaching on other teams and some are close to being on there way out.

Sacco, Torts, Laviolette, Ruff, AV, Dineen have all been brought up as possible firings.

Of all of those guys, Lavs is easily my #1 choice his system would be so much fun to watch with the Avs. Torts is #2, after that I don't really care.
I'd take pretty much all of those guys over Sacco.

I'm especially intrested in AV, Torts, and Laviolette.

Closed Thread