HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 08:53 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
This has been exacerbated by the Rangers finishing, at worst, in the middle of the pack. We never really tanked.
Just mentioned this in another thread. I don't understand how people expect to draft elite players when you constantly pick in the bottom half of the first round.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
From that Brooks article:

Even worse, he's a -8. He's been on the ice for 3 goals for, and 11 goals against.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
404 Error Message

Sorry bout that. Try this instead:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Old
03-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Even worse, he's a -8. He's been on the ice for 3 goals for, and 11 goals against.
Wait, he's been on ice for 3 regulation goals??

Old
03-25-2013, 09:00 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
The Richards signing was our best, only option.

We're going nowhere without a World Class center.
very true..he was our 1 and only option and that really was our missing ingredient.. and i bet slats new with this lockout hed be able to get out of the contract if he wasnt living up to it.. time will tell but writing is on the wall for him.. either step up or get the **** out..

the only thing is you do need a world class center but would you classify krejci and bergeron even comparable to top centers in the game that won cups previously.. Toews, crosby, dats/zet, kopitar?

i think depth is key to success.. guys that are interchangeable and could play in any situation..

Old
03-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Krejci and Bergeron are excellent players who would take up the 1st and 2nd Center spots on most teams. They may not be at that all world skill level like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, but they are a playoff performer and a Selke winner respectively.

03-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Pizza

A third of the players on the above list are Rangers. We have an ongoing history with this. Basically the Rangers are the poster franchise for bad F/A signings.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
M0rbid

Those lists are cringe worthy. Gosh, slat.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:36 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
If you can stand reading about a guy who makes a Gazillion $$$ a year crying into his pillow at night. Go ahead. Have at it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...0Wp3kfBwzb04uM
I take everything Brooks writes with a grain of salt, but that's bad news that he doesn't have a short memory (Richards). Get over it and work to improve. It won't just come naturally anymore Braddy boy, you're going on 33.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:41 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I miss Avery

Old
03-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I take everything Brooks writes with a grain of salt, but that's bad news that he doesn't have a short memory (Richards). Get over it and work to improve. It won't just come naturally anymore Braddy boy, you're going on 33.
We got him till the nice old age of 72 with this current contract.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:47 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
John Mitchel has as many points as Richards and Vinny Prospal has more.

....man that burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Not a chance. With amnesty buyout and back loaded penalties there's no way he's sticking around with playing average to below average. I'm just glad we didn't give up a kings ransom to Dallas to get him.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:56 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

http://www.nj.com/rangers/index.ssf/...ichards_1.html

Wow, some awesome journalism here. He basically cribbed the entire Brooks article. I could have written this one.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I thought he was already 72

Old
03-26-2013, 02:15 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Its obvious Richards has become a head case. It can happen. But just as easily as you can lose your confidence you can get it back. Hopefully that happens for him, but one has to think that this funk hes in is partly physical. Thats something that cant be remedied right now so its really up to him to get extra coy out there and outwit opponents creatively. He has that ability.

Hopefully he snaps out of it starting tonight.

But I wouldnt bet on it.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Its obvious Richards has become a head case. It can happen. But just as easily as you can lose your confidence you can get it back. Hopefully that happens for him, but one has to think that this funk hes in is partly physical. Thats something that cant be remedied right now so its really up to him to get extra coy out there and outwit opponents creatively. He has that ability.

Hopefully he snaps out of it starting tonight.

But I wouldnt bet on it.
If he came into the season out of shape, that is absolutely inexcusable. It seems like some guys were hoping for a season long lockout.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
If he came into the season out of shape, that is absolutely inexcusable. It seems like some guys were hoping for a season long lockout.
I'd say its fairly obvious. But, you would think by now he would have to be in shape playing the past few months.

Me? Call me a cynic but I feel he is just lazy, disinterested and he doesn't look like he cares at all and is just here for the $ and easy road to retirement. I gave him the benefit of the doubt weeks ago, but now we are getting towards the postseason and he is still playing like a moron. Unacceptable, especially when he has that A on his sweater.

Hoping he turns it around, but I am not holding my breath.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I'd say its fairly obvious. But, you would think by now he would have to be in shape playing the past few months.

Me? Call me a cynic but I feel he is just lazy, disinterested and he doesn't look like he cares at all and is just here for the $ and easy road to retirement. I gave him the benefit of the doubt weeks ago, but now we are getting towards the postseason and he is still playing like a moron. Unacceptable, especially when he has that A on his sweater.

Hoping he turns it around, but I am not holding my breath.
I don't believe he was that keen on rejoining Tortorella to play out the string. It doesn't make any sense. That being said I don't know why he sucks. Maybe he doesn't know why he sucks. But I don't think it's because he doesn't care.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I miss Avery
Especially on nights like tonight...

Old
03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Especially on nights like tonight...

2:20

Old
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I don't believe he was that keen on rejoining Tortorella to play out the string. It doesn't make any sense. That being said I don't know why he sucks. Maybe he doesn't know why he sucks. But I don't think it's because he doesn't care.
What do you mean exactly?

Old
03-26-2013, 04:56 PM
zuckera1

I believe in Brad Richards.

I know I'm in the minority here, but last year Richards had 25G and 41A for a total of 66 points, a solid season. As god awful as he's been this year, he's got 16 points in 29 games. Which, if extended over an 82 game season (assuming a full training camp, which would help Richards), he would end up with 45 points. A bad year for his standards, but not an AWFUL, DREADFUL, INVISIBLE year like he's often accused of having.

Richards will turn this around come playoff time, and will be much better next year after an entire training camp. He was money last year in the playoffs for us, people conveniently seem to forget that. He also has a Stanley Cup, and is a proven leader and winner, he deserves more respect.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
I believe in Brad Richards.

I know I'm in the minority here, but last year Richards had 25G and 41A for a total of 66 points, a solid season. As god awful as he's been this year, he's got 16 points in 29 games. Which, if extended over an 82 game season (assuming a full training camp, which would help Richards), he would end up with 45 points. A bad year for his standards, but not an AWFUL, DREADFUL, INVISIBLE year like he's often accused of having.

Richards will turn this around come playoff time, and will be much better next year after an entire training camp. He was money last year in the playoffs for us, people conveniently seem to forget that. He also has a Stanley Cup, and is a proven leader and winner, he deserves more respect.
As he is very consistent in these departments you have bolded and he's making the money he makes, he is an embarrassment to the franchise and every Rangers fan . His game is not close to being what it is on average for him. It's deflating rapidly. The article yesterday makes him sound like a head case spending as much time on an analysts couch as he is on the ice FFS! People have zero sympathy for a guy making $9 million with insecurity issues.

He should be benched just for making those quotes. Get out there and play every shift like you actually have some pride in yourself.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Lundsanity30

I didnt know Richards could still shoot like that. If he can do that everytime, there's your bomb from the point. That was a laser

Old
03-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

And suddenly, this thread will be quiet for a bit.

Closed Thread