HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny DeKeyser thread of magical mystery

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Kyle Quincey won't need surgery for his fractured cheek bone. Will be back sooner than expected, Holland said. Maybe 2 more weeks
Probably impacts the pitch that Holland was preparing to deliver tomorrow. I wouldn't be so sure on him coming to Detroit sure-shot anymore! Can hope for the best, but certainly Edmonton is going to be pushing HARD. They apparently offered him top pairing minutes said Ken Daniels before this game. Justin Schultz was also texting him telling him to come over to Edmonton. Gonna be rough swallowing this one again after losing out on Suter and Parise this summer

Old
03-25-2013, 10:33 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
Probably impacts the pitch that Holland was preparing to deliver tomorrow. I wouldn't be so sure on him coming to Detroit sure-shot anymore! Can hope for the best, but certainly Edmonton is going to be pushing HARD. They apparently offered him top pairing minutes said Ken Daniels before this game. Justin Schultz was also texting him telling him to come over to Edmonton. Gonna be rough swallowing this one again after losing out on Suter and Parise this summer
Well consider DeKeyser's likely upside is where Quincey is right now I'm not overly worried. We have dman with just as high potential as him, if not higher, and getting Quincey back means we have a better d right now which is really all I want.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
I doubt Quincey being out was the key to their offer. That said, I think it was a fair guess all along that Edmonton could afford to offer him something ridiculous like top pairing minutes.

It'll be interesting to see how DeKeyser handles that Edmonton offer. It would be nice to do that, but I think anybody with a brain realizes that they're probably not ready for that sort of thing in their rookie year. If a team can actually offer you that as a rookie, what sort of D-core can they put around you? I think it's one of those things that sounds overwhelmingly positive until you think about it, and then it becomes kind of negative in some ways.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Well consider DeKeyser's likely upside is where Quincey is right now I'm not overly worried. We have dman with just as high potential as him, if not higher, and getting Quincey back means we have a better d right now which is really all I want.
Either you're really high on Quincey or really low on DeKeyser. I'm not sure which...

Old
03-25-2013, 10:51 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
I doubt Quincey being out was the key to their offer. That said, I think it was a fair guess all along that Edmonton could afford to offer him something ridiculous like top pairing minutes.

It'll be interesting to see how DeKeyser handles that Edmonton offer. It would be nice to do that, but I think anybody with a brain realizes that they're probably not ready for that sort of thing in their rookie year. If a team can actually offer you that as a rookie, what sort of D-core can they put around you? I think it's one of those things that sounds overwhelmingly positive until you think about it, and then it becomes kind of negative in some ways.
It is also basically an outright lie considering Smid and Petry are the top pair as far as I know.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:54 PM
lawrence

Quote:
The Detroit Red Wings can live without him. Trust me on this. He is equivalent to 4th round prospect. I'm not too sure about the Redwings, but the Canucks got a solid good 4 dman prospects that are better then Dekeyser. It's funny how much value a "top college free agent can be". To me if Jeremy Price was a undrafted free agent, Jeremy Price will be the top college free agent everyone is trying to Land. Oilers will probably all over him, and offering him top pairing minutes (Jeremy Price). Unless the Redwings will gaurantee him ice time, which I don't expect them to do, I think the "We will offer you ice time" Edmonton Oilers have an upper hand over anyteam that doesn't offer ice time. Even Mike Gillis will not offer him ice time, I don't think the Redwings will do it. I don't even think the Canucks are after him anymore. Good luck with trying to acquire him though.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:55 PM
PETRYDISH

Big minutes would probably be the only reason for signing with this **** ****ing team.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
The Detroit Red Wings can live without him. Trust me on this. He is equivalent to 4th round prospect. I'm not too sure about the Redwings, but the Canucks got a solid good 4 dman prospects that are better then Dekeyser. It's funny how much value a "top college free agent can be". To me if Jeremy Price was a undrafted free agent, Jeremy Price will be the top college free agent everyone is trying to Land. Oilers will probably all over him, and offering him top pairing minutes (Jeremy Price). Unless the Redwings will gaurantee him ice time, which I don't expect them to do, I think the "We will offer you ice time" Edmonton Oilers have an upper hand over anyteam that doesn't offer ice time. Even Mike Gillis will not offer him ice time, I don't think the Redwings will do it. I don't even think the Canucks are after him anymore. Good luck with trying to acquire him though.
If reports are to be believed Detroit has already offered him playing time in the top 4.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Shouldn't that be a giant red flag to DeKeyser? Especially in light of how poorly the Oilers perform despite all the incredible talent they have...for years on end now.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:24 PM
Bank Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Shouldn't that be a giant red flag to DeKeyser? Especially in light of how poorly the Oilers perform despite all the incredible talent they have...for years on end now.
If you get a guarentee of NHL paychecks, versus non-guarentee of NHL paychecks its probably a pretty easy decision to make.

These college free agents seem to be highly sought after, but most of them bust. If I was in their position I would take guarenteed NHL paychecks for any team that offered.

If more then one team offered guarenteed NHL paychecks, only then I start taking lifestyle into account.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank Shot View Post
If you get a guarentee of NHL paychecks, versus non-guarentee of NHL paychecks its probably a pretty easy decision to make.

These college free agents seem to be highly sought after, but most of them bust. If I was in their position I would take guarenteed NHL paychecks for any team that offered.

If more then one team offered guarenteed NHL paychecks, only then I start taking lifestyle into account.
True, but there's a reason why players don't sign in Edmonton either. I bet tons of guys could be playing bigger roles for more money there, but winning matters too. I'm sure a guy who's not particularly young (I think DeKeyser is almost 24) is more aware than most that he doesn't have a huge window to win. It's not like he's 20 or something.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Del Preston
Fire Eakins

vCash: 522
DeKeyser should stay as far away from Edmonton as possible.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:47 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
It is also basically an outright lie considering Smid and Petry are the top pair as far as I know.
Schultz/Schultz is our top pairing. Smid/Petry is 2nd.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:53 PM
jroc86

lol @ the amount of entitlement some Oiler fans have re: Dekeyser ... this is an org that has tanked, won lotteries, used Gretz and Coff to BEG Schultz and with all these high-end bluechip prospects where are they?

At the age of the "Fab 5" both Kane and Toews and Malkin and Crosby had ressurected dead franchises into deep playoff runs then a cup the following season. How many more years before these peices start getting shipped out to rebuild this team?

DD isnt a western Canadian boy and Idont see Gretz making the salespitch again.

If Edmonton get him - well, Ilook like a jackass. But I think Oilers have gotten the "gem" so many times recently that many are assuming ingood faith itll happen again. Imvery confident he comes to Det and ends up being a very formidible versatile 2nd pairing dman.

2 Years from now:
Smith Sproul
Kronwall Dekeyser
Ericsson Smith
Oullette Kindl
...Thats allot of internal depth going forward.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:19 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Schultz/Schultz is our top pairing. Smid/Petry is 2nd.
Not my team, just have noticed a ton of Smid and Petry when the play the Wings draw Datsyuk. They also seem to play more even strength minutes and primary pk roles. Justin Schultz rockets up on them with PP time, but I would call the Smid and Petry pairing the first pairing from what I have seen. But like I said if that isn't the case of how they look at it fine.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:24 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
lol @ the amount of entitlement some Oiler fans have re: Dekeyser ... this is an org that has tanked, won lotteries, used Gretz and Coff to BEG Schultz and with all these high-end bluechip prospects where are they?

At the age of the "Fab 5" both Kane and Toews and Malkin and Crosby had ressurected dead franchises into deep playoff runs then a cup the following season. How many more years before these peices start getting shipped out to rebuild this team?

If Edmonton get him - well, Ilook like a jackass. But I think Oilers have gotten the "gem" so many times recently that many are assuming ingood faith itll happen again. Imvery confident he comes to Det and ends up being a very formidible versatile 2nd pairing dman.

2 Years from now:
Smith Sproul
Kronwall Dekeyser
Ericsson Smith
Oullette Kindl
You also just listed why he should be very cautious about Detroit. You can really have fun if you include Backman, Jensen, and Marchenko into that picture, some of these guys are going to have to be moved.

Sproul is farther away than Ouellet and Kindl has been a monster lately so if you're doing that as a depth chart plus listing Smith twice that is an interesting call. DeKeyser also plays almost exclusively on the left and Smith prefers playing on his off-side on the right.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Not my team, just have noticed a ton of Smid and Petry when the play the Wings draw Datsyuk. They also seem to play more even strength minutes and primary pk roles. Justin Schultz rockets up on them with PP time, but I would call the Smid and Petry pairing the first pairing from what I have seen. But like I said if that isn't the case of how they look at it fine.
Don't listen to him. Smid Petry is easily the 1st pair.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post

2 Years from now:
Smith Sproul
Kronwall Dekeyser
Ericsson Smith
Oullette Kindl
I don't think any Oiler fan is entitled. Any comments saying "OILERS SHOULD GET HIM LOL" is in jest and if anything, the Wings sound pretty entitled and certain he will sign with them.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:07 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Either you're really high on Quincey or really low on DeKeyser. I'm not sure which...
Quincey before he got hurt was playing like a #4 dman. The last dman to come out of college and become more then a bottom pairing guy was...? If DeKeyser can become a steady #4 guy, which is what Quincey was providing for us before he got hurt, I'll be quite happy.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:10 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Wait..... The Oilers offered him top pairing minutes?
That can't be right. Well... It's the Oilers so that sounds about right.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Wait..... The Oilers offered him top pairing minutes?
That can't be right. Well... It's the Oilers so that sounds about right.
What's that, you want top pairing minutes, well our team defense isn't very good, can't hurt.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Top 6 Spaling

So how did nashville's name get thrown in here? I'd love to add him, but it seems odd.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
So how did nashville's name get thrown in here? I'd love to add him, but it seems odd.
Doesn't make much sense to me either. Seems like they have plenty of good young defensive prospects. So does Detroit, but theirs aren't anywhere near the NHL.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Plays with Chase Balisy, a prospect they've liked since before they drafted him, so I'm guessing he caught their eye at that time. Our bottom three is such a mess that they are likely fairly comfortable offering him a spot.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Bank Shot

Quote:
True, but there's a reason why players don't sign in Edmonton either. I bet tons of guys could be playing bigger roles for more money there, but winning matters too. I'm sure a guy who's not particularly young (I think DeKeyser is almost 24) is more aware than most that he doesn't have a huge window to win. It's not like he's 20 or something.
23 is pretty damn young anyway you look at it. If he's half as good as his hype, then he'll have 10+ seasons in the NHL.

If he is looking to win a cup in a short period of time, he should probably stay away from Detroit as well. St.Louis would be a good choice in that case, but he may be riding buses while they make NHL playoff runs.

Anyway, watch this guy turn out about as well as Matt Gilroy.

Closed Thread