HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

J-P Dumont now a UFA!

Old
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM
CourtnallRocks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
So Pierre Dagenais sounds good to you?
Yeah, i love the way he actually has goals scored in the post-season. Plus Dags is a fast skater, and has a great attitude.

CourtnallRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:17 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Yup, you're right the cap will change the way you build your team. You will see lots more movement now.

Look at Buffalo and the very reason why Dumont is available in the 1st place. They had a great year and came close to going to the big show and now they're paying through the nose, much like Edmonton. Carolina also overpaid to keep that team together and had to make some choices.

Do you really think they regret it? Do you think they wish Staal or Afi or Hemsky sucked instead so they could have them at a bargain price?

You know the answer:

It's about winning NOW not about looking good on paper or having cap-friendly contracts or whatever. Winning is the sole purpose of participating in competitve sports. If winning means losing my team than that's the price I'll pay and I'll build another one and do it over and over again.
Maybe people in Montreal don't realise it yet but nothing guaranteees we will see another cup in our lifetime, just ask Leafs fan, think about that and tell me what is the "problem" in having too many good players. I would trade any and all of them for the CUP any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
SXE

in the cap world it's not if you wanna keep the player it all about being able to afford him .you seen buffalo and what playoff suceess did to there pay role? took it from 28 million to 43 million and they had to let jp walk. heaven forbid we goo deep this year in the playoffs

i dont wanna see ryder go BUT ryder and markov both rfa 's next season ....we got big problems .what do we do about rivet and souray ?

lets say ryder does put up 75 pts has a excelent playoffs 4.5 million count on it in arbration so add ryder at 4.5 million next season

also here come our stud markov ready to go rfa. what he goona be worth after have a 50 pts plus season ? you better get ready for another 4.5 - 5 million

then we need to adress our other 2 defensmen . souray/ rivet.
both making average 2.3 - 2.4 million ... as i said eairly whats there raise goona be?

sure you can let both guys go but find replacements for the same price. did you see the ufa d man price this year? GOOD LUCK .... rivet 3.5 million? souray ? sure let him walk huh? now go sign a replacment to take his place for 2.4 million you will NEVER do it ....

i can't be the only one see the problem were goona have ...how many 4 and 5 million dollar guys can we have on our roster before it becomes a problem ??

saku 4.75
markov 4.5 - 5 million
ryder 4.5
kovy 4.5
souray 4.0
rivet 3.5
sammy 3.5

huet 2.75
we will have to sacrifice one or two forward, since we have a lot of guys ready to step up in the NHL up front. We'll lose some players for sure next year (or this year trough trades).

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:38 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
I really hope the habs will sign Dumont, he is a true warrior, he may be injury prone, but i like his play.
The absolute last thing that comes to mind when I think about Dumont is the words 'true warrior'.

He's fragile and soft. He's kinda like a faster version of Pierre Dagenais.

We really don't need Dumont, he wouldn't be an upgrade over any of our top 6 wingers (I prefer Kovalev, Samsonov, Ryder and Higgins) and he can't play on the bottom 2 lines for that salary.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:45 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
and he can't play on the bottom 2 lines for that salary.
He couldn't play on the bottom lines for 500K. He just doesn't fit there and it could very well create some problems ala Bulis this year, complaints about ice-tim and role, etc.
It's a bad idea to fill a role with a player who can not and will not fulfil it. people often confuse having "depth" with having players and that's not the case. Look at our depth at center compared to our depth for PKers.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
znk

We dont have a spot. We need to keep one open for a Kid. And he's not an improvement over any of our current top 4 wingers.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:54 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
I agree...we don't have a spot. With our rookie wingers...and with now Samsonov...we don't have a single spot in our top 6.

I dont think, Dumout will sign for less then 2.5 btw...I don't think we can afford him.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Chris Chelios

Perezhogin may score 15-20 goals this year for a fraction of Dumont's salary so why not devloping our young players instead? Dumonts would only bring 5 more goals and would slow down Perez's devlopment. Sorry but a big No thanks for me.

Chris Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Ross MacLochness

A big No Thanks on Dumont.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Jeremy2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
NAGY got RIPPED off . only reason was due to injuries .
did you see what he was asking for? 6 MILLION dont expect nagy to return to phx next season .

regardless all you guys sayin he wont get 5 million fine then ....

what's the diffrence can we still afford a 4.5 million dollar ryder?
Briere and Dumont were injured too..

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 06:40 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
We are loaded of talended wingers, no place for Dumont.

Just play Ryder on the third line and give him PP2 time... Wont reach more than 40-45 pts while a guy like Kostitsyn or Perezhogin will get the job done on the first line.
Sure thing.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
because he's french....

Or it's because he became available. As soon as anyone is believe to be available, someone pops in wanting him. It's inevitable.
Sometimes I believe if Mike Krushelnyski came out of retirement someone on this board would want him.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 01:28 AM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
This is the same site that says Peter Schaefer can't win battles along the boards.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Marc-E-

anson carter (another available UFA)>dumont

Are you kidding me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKqAuCKLoeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKqAuCKLoeY

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

The "we don`t need Dumont" thing is damn laughable. Did we just wake up last night and The Habs were suddenly a superstar team that could say "no" to guys...?! Heck I would take Carter, I would take anybody that is available.

Furthermore, I hate the thought of suddenly trading Ryder because of this. We shouldn`t trade Ryder until it`s necessary. If we get Dumont it`s to get better, not do a one-for-one. I know we`re almost maxed on the cap but I think trading Ribs and Bonk are better options.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 07:25 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
hehe don't worry I don't want Dumont in Montreal

Well, I'll be damned

Fun argumentation though

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:04 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I know we`re almost maxed on the cap but I think trading Ribs and Bonk are better options.
Yeah... because we all know Dumont plays center...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote