HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Lerb

vCash: 500
Why do we even bother with line projections? Tortorella doesn't go by logic... just juggling and really unsettling intuition.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:50 PM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Here's what I would do with Zucc back. Miller is odd man out for me. Would rather see him growing than struggling on this **** team.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash

No brainer.

Kreider-Callahan-Zuccarello

I know this is weird, but with the winger Zuccarello in, and the center Newbury out, moving a winger to the center position is the only was we keep Boyle out of the top 9.

Pyatt-Richards-Gaborik

Richards and Gaborik are destroying everyone they play with, so give them someone who sucks anyway.

Asham-Boyle-Powe

Solid 4th line, but don't expect any goals.

Here's what Torts will do

Gaborik-Richards-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan Callahan
Powe-Miller-Pyatt
Asham-Boyle-Zuccarello

Your right thats probably what he will do. SO SAD but SO TRUE.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

3 different polls are up at a Norwegian news site about zuke..

87% voted:Yes, he will succed in NHL
77% voted; Yes he will be given a good chance to succed..
88% voted; Yes, I will be following NHL/NYR closely now

Shows How NHL starved the Norwegians are, mind You that there are people voting just for the sake of voting

Old
03-26-2013, 01:08 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Return of the offense
Trade Pyatt for Torres
Take a look at a rental defenseman ( will be hard to find)
Waive Gilroy when Staal returns

Fast-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Torres-Boyle-Zuccarello
Asham in against tougher teams ( which now includes Pittsburgh)
Powe as a spare

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
MDZ - Hamrlik
Eminger

PP1
Zuccarello - Stepan - Cally
Stralman - Nash

PP2
Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
MDZ - Hamrlik

PK
Boyle - Cally
Stepan - Hags
Richards - Nash

We will have more fun here at least ...

Last edited by BBKers: 03-26-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old
03-26-2013, 02:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

He is loaned to NYR for rest of season.
http://www.metallurg.ru/site/news/read/79165/

Old
03-26-2013, 02:51 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Mats Zuccarello was a good foward for the Rangers when he played & he feel that he wasn't really treated right. I feel that he is capable to play in the NHL whether if it's with NYR or not. Just out of curiosity, does anyone else see a comeback for the hobbit?
Yes.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:17 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Why do we even bother with line projections? Tortorella doesn't go by logic... just juggling and really unsettling intuition.
He might as well put Stepan Richards and Boyle together on one line and have wingers play center for the remaining 3.

Gut reactions, sick.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:49 AM
KenGuru

He will probably not be ready before the homegame against Penguins next week (april 3rd). His agent says it will take about a week before his VISAS is ok.

Last edited by KenGuru: 03-26-2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: fault
Old
03-26-2013, 05:38 AM
North Star

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
He will probably not be ready for the homegame against Penguins next week (april 3rd). His agent says it will take about a week before his VISAS is ok.
http://www.tv2.no/sport/ishockey/zuc...g-4016210.html

This article says he's leaving for N.Y today already!!!Hope they're right!!!

Old
03-26-2013, 06:15 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
NY? Why wouldn't he just head straight to Philly for the game? Can't imagine them agreeing to terms so he can rot on the bench as a extra forward while our amazing bottom 6 continues to suck (except asham)

Old
03-26-2013, 06:27 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
NY? Why wouldn't he just head straight to Philly for the game? Can't imagine them agreeing to terms so he can rot on the bench as a extra forward while our amazing bottom 6 continues to suck (except asham)
Probably needs to clear an NYR doctor's physical first.

rip
Old
03-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Nosferatos

http://translate.google.no/translate...icle273841.ece

This Norwegian newspaper says that he's going straight to Otawa too join the team when they go there for the thursdays game vs Senators.

He also thinks it'll take some days to get the visa ready, so it's only training with the team atm.

Last edited by Nosferatos: 03-26-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old
03-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
I would assume that some of our trainers will probably try to run him through a couple days conditioning.

He may or may not be ready later in the week.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zuccarello will help the Rangers in the shootouts. Does the NHL realize what a farce the "shootout" has become? I saw Mike Murphy and Kris King from the NHL office discussing the shootout last week at the GM meetings in Toronto. They need new rules on what players can and can't do. The NHL is deciding an extra point in the standings with a skills competition. Major League Baseball doesn't have a home run hitting contest after X amount of innings. No 3 point shooting contest in the NBA.

The Norway coach spoke about the move

Quote:
Coach believes that any New York Rangers is wrong club for Mats Zuccarello Aasen.

- I do not just agents have done some great work for Mats. Rangers are not a club that suits him. They play hockey Stone Age, they just dump the puck into the zone and chases after, say, Roy Johansen told Dagbladet.

- Should have gotten longer contract
The agents also think he should have seen, and so steered away from Rangers both when Mats went there the first time, and when he gets another chance in the NHL club.

Besides, think that a coach konk presented at worst only come into effect in one month is the bare best team.

- I think they should have an agreement that lasted for at least one to two years. Now Mats at worst end up alright salary for one month, and then it's over.
http://translate.google.com/translat...3DDagbladet.no

The Rangers have the player rights until he is 27. The Rangers weren't offering a contract longer than the rest of this season.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:39 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Zuccarello will help the Rangers in the shootouts. Does the NHL realize what a farce the "shootout" has become? I saw Mike Murphy and Kris King from the NHL office discussing the shootout last week at the GM meetings in Toronto. They need new rules on what players can and can't do. The NHL is deciding an extra point in the standings with a skills competition. Major League Baseball doesn't have a home run hitting contest after X amount of innings. No 3 point shooting contest in the NBA.

The Rangers have the player rights until he is 27. The Rangers weren't offering a contract longer than the rest of this season.
Even a horrible Google translate knows this team plays dump and chase hockey.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:46 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
And why not? Hamrlik took Mashinter's number
So you mean that Zucca could pick # 36 as long as Ferriero is down with The Whale? If not, is # 48 free to pick?

Old
03-26-2013, 06:49 AM
KenGuru

Quote:

I find it strange that he leaves the NT and world championships just to play 6-10 minutes icetime about 10 games. Torts will never use him as a top 6 forward. I would have thought that Mats got a 2 year contract at least for leaving. He sold himself cheap. He say its an oppurtunity to show himself in the NHL. Yeah, like Torts had changed his opinion about him. It seems that Torts was not even aware he was coming

do I smell a trade ?

Last edited by KenGuru: 03-26-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: .
Old
03-26-2013, 06:50 AM
NikC

What an inspiring endorsement from Zuccarellos Coach! Sadly he's right. This kid is talented and creative and won't be utilized properly. It will be in spite of our system, for him to succeed...

Old
03-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:

Stone Age hockey lmao hahahahaha

Old
03-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

YES YES YES YES YES!!! He is back!!! I just hope is not going to be wasted on the 4th line.

Old
03-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Stone age hockey, I love it.

Can that be our identity?

Old
03-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Even a horrible Google translate knows this team plays dump and chase hockey.
hehe, indeed

A "freehand" translation of the interesting parts :

There are just 15 - 16 matches left in the series, and fairly exactly one month left. Worst case, that could be it for Mats, because i am not convinced that the Rangers manage to get themselves into the playoffs. It doesnt look good for the Rangers, i'd say the chances of them getting there is about 50/50.

The national coach feels that the Rangers is the wrong type of club for Zuke. I dont feel that the agents has done a very good job, the Rangers is not a club that fits Zuke at all. They play stone age hockey, its all dump and chase.

By using Zuke correctly, they could enjoy a lot of success with him. They need him on the power play, they are doing very poorly there. All in all, the Rangers is a team that hardly scores goals. But they do have an excellent defense, i'll give them that.

Last edited by Placid: 03-26-2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old
03-26-2013, 07:14 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
hehe, indeed

A "freehand" translation of the interesting parts :

There are just 15 - 16 matches left in the series, and fairly exactly one month left. Worst case, that could be it for Mats, because i am not convinced that the Rangers manage to get themselves into the playoffs. It doesnt look good for the Rangers, i'd say the chances of them getting there is about 50/50.

The national coach feels that the Rangers is the wrong type of club for Zuke. I dont feel that the agents has done a very good job, the Rangers is not a club that fits Zuke at all. They play stone age hockey, its all dump and chase.

By using Zuke correctly, they could enjoy a lot of success with him. They need him on the power play, they are doing very poorly there. All in all, the Rangers is a team that hardly scores goals. But they do have an excellent defense, i'll give them that.
You know things are bad when the Norway coaching staff is ******** all over your hockey club.

Old
03-26-2013, 07:24 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
One thing about Zucc. In a televised competition last summer between 8 top athletes in Norway he ended up in last place. All kinds of physical tests over a week, but also included stuff like shooting and car racing. But it doesn't mean he's in bad shape, his upper strength sucks, but he's a pretty good runner. Size matters I guess...
He was injured and could not give his best. He held back. It was stupid of him to say yes to participate.

Old
03-26-2013, 07:31 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

lmao stone-age hockey. man do they have it right. probably the best way i've ever heard it described. glad somebody said it. zucc may not thrive here, but i'm confident that he can do his job even held back by tortasmelly

Closed Thread