HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will people lighten up on Kulemin now?

Old
03-25-2013, 11:29 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Man all you have to do is stick someone with Kadri and they are back on top of their game .

Nice to see Kulemin scoring again though.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:34 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1857
I'm really happy to see Kulemin regain his scoring touch. Kadri has had an amazing impact on everyone who plays with him.

I love Kulemin as a player and it's nice to see him pot some goals because he gets little respect on this forum, and almost no respect on the main board. I'd love to see him get back to his 30 goal scoring ways, he's a wicked player and among my favourite Leafs.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 12:06 AM
malkinfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Wow that waas textbook Kulmin on that goal tonight. Thats his bread and butter move, scored his 1st NHL goal with it and countless others. Love it, so simple yet executed with impecable quickness and percision.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 12:16 AM
HappyGilmourr
#FireShapiro

Kulemin is one of our best wingers IMO, After Kessel and Lupul he might be our 3rd... It's a toss up between JVR and Kulemin. Kulemin is better over the coarse of a season and contributes a lot when he's not scoring but JVR is streaky and has more goals as a result... Kulemin just does such a good job at creating space in a top 6 role for his team mates... always produces when playing with good line mates... first Kessel then Malkin in russia, then Grabo... then Grabo sucked so he sucked too now he's doing the same with Kadri. He can be a solid 20 goal 50 point player and with his board work and ability to open up space that is fantastic production. Kulemin is a beast lock this guy up long term.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:04 AM
thewave
EATING CROW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Kulemin is one of our best wingers IMO, After Kessel and Lupul he might be our 3rd... It's a toss up between JVR and Kulemin. Kulemin is better over the coarse of a season and contributes a lot when he's not scoring but JVR is streaky and has more goals as a result... Kulemin just does such a good job at creating space in a top 6 role for his team mates... always produces when playing with good line mates... first Kessel then Malkin in russia, then Grabo... then Grabo sucked so he sucked too now he's doing the same with Kadri. He can be a solid 20 goal 50 point player and with his board work and ability to open up space that is fantastic production. Kulemin is a beast lock this guy up long term.
Haha his best nights have been when the GMs were there and last night the scouts, he wants out I bet and thats ok he will fetch well for is.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Ruski

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Haha his best nights have been when the GMs were there and last night the scouts, he wants out I bet and thats ok he will fetch well for is.
I bet you have no idea what you are talking about. Kulemin has not said a negative word since arriving here and there is zero indication he wants out.

Scouts have attended more than just the last 5 Leafs games, so please spare us your ingenious analysis.

Go troll some other thread

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobarth View Post
Top 10 in blocked shots simply because of players like Kule who can't get the puck out of TO's zone to relieve pressure, game after game, Kule spends the whole game getting rid of the puck not doing something positive with it.

Kule was PKing last year when TO had the 2nd worst PK in the NHL so now you think he has singlehandidly turned the PK around, really?

I figure if you want to showcase a player, you play him with Kadri but if your happy with a player you leave him where he is, Kule's playing with Kadri !
...Or top 10 because he plays prime PK time. Blocks shot, clears zone. He's done it about a 100 times this season. Kulemin played 2nd unit PK last year under a different system. I'm not crediting him with our PK turning around but him, McClement, and Carlyle are the three biggest pieces to our PK turning around.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:45 AM
I Believe

That was a great snipe last night, would love to see some more of that.

I Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Derek Synak

Kulemin has played well despite having trouble scoring, it's coming around now.

Derek Synak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Burkies Dip

Kule is a solid third liner who can play top six for stretches. He's solid defensively, got good size, and can fit in just about any role. I think that 30 goal season was just an anomaly, but he can be a solid 20g guy.

Burkies Dip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
thewave
EATING CROW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
I bet you have no idea what you are talking about. Kulemin has not said a negative word since arriving here and there is zero indication he wants out.

Scouts have attended more than just the last 5 Leafs games, so please spare us your ingenious analysis.

Go troll some other thread
They argued over contract, he did not like what he got. Its no troll its fact. Grabo described their relationship like an old married couple, usually that means they love each other but bicker and complain to one another. Not good not playing together.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
They argued over contract, he did not like what he got. Its no troll its fact. Grabo described their relationship like an old married couple, usually that means they love each other but bicker and complain to one another. Not good not playing together.
They negotiated over a contract.. What kind of agent doesn't try to get their the player the best deal possible. Negotiating contracts is not equal to wanting out..
Grabo was joking and has a language barrier. You're not meant to take that comment as a textbook definition.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Old married couple, as in two that have been together and inseparable for a long time. Just because the idiom translates to bickering in our language does not mean that's what he was trying to say.

Eyedea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Ruski

Quote:
He argued with Grabo over his contract? Or are you saying Kulemin's agent argued with Leafs management?

I bet most contract talks get testy at some stage, and agents/GMs make up all kinds of arguments to turn the negotiation in their favour.

Kulemin as a person/player, to the best of my knowledge has never publicly stated any displeasure with the leafs, has never cause any type of an issue on or off the ice and in my opinion has been one of the most consistent two-way forwards we have had in the past 7-10 years.

That doesn't mean he needs to be a 30 goal scorer...obviously chances are he won't be doing that for many years in his career but its the Leafs managements/coaching job to put him into a position for success. If that means he plays with Kadri, then so be it...if it means reuniting him with Grabo next year, thats find too. The point is that when put in the right situation he has shown the ability to score over a course of a season.

To me, offensively Kulemin can produce with the likes of Kunitz and Dupius if paired with top talent. This last part is obviously just my personal opinion and will be hard to prove unless we happen to draft a Crosby 2.0, trade for Malkin in the next few years or Kadri turns into a superstar but the point is that forwards who are very sound defensively, go about their business without making a fuss, give it 100% every night and CAN from time to time show flashes of offensive brilliance are hard enough to come by that Leafs would be foolish to trade him.

P.S. That part about Grabo's quote of "old married couple", i thought was just meant as a joke to highlight that for the majority of their time with the leafs Kulemin and Grabo have played together and socially seem to always be together. Thats is all.

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

The scoring is all gravy for me. This guy is an excellent, maybe even elite 3rd liner and hope he's a fixture on our 3rd line for years to come.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:52 PM
CanadasTeam
#StandWitness

Most underrated Leaf so far?

I've always thought Kulemin is Leafs' most underrated player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadasTeam View Post
I think it'll always be Kulemin.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post61156825

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:23 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
I don't start too many thread, but seen a good bunch of Leafs faithful really rag on Kulemin over the first 30 games.

I won't get into the whole argument that he is a great 2-way forward, etc. I think that still the concensus, but what i do want to talk about is that he still has a chance to become a regular 25-30 goal scorer for the next 6-10 years!

Please note i am saying "has a chance", so not guaranteeing that it will happen but what i see in Kulemin is:

1) Effort - Can't fault the guy for working hard on every shift.

2) He tends to be in the right place when he doesn't have the puck; both offensively & defensively. - This is almost impossible to teach this late in a players career but i feel that he puts himself in a position to succeed more often than not.

3) Although his hands have seemed just a tad too slow this year, when it all clicks for him, the moves and release are still there. - Case and point tonight and saturday. His play in KHL during lockout was also impressive. Obviously playing with some guy named Malkin did help.

Anyway, trying not to over analyse here just hoping we don't trade him as these are the guys i believe we need to be successful down the road. He won't "create" for you every night but if we ever get a #1 center and Kadri grows into a superb #2, Kulemin can become a permanent member of the 2nd line with the ability to fill-in on top line.

Your thoughts?
OK then! i will direct my haterad towards dion then

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
The_Chosen_One

He's definitely underrated. A total workhorse and plays very intimately on both ends. I think that he can be a consistent 30 goal guy. Just slot him on Kadri's line and see.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote