HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge Thread (Home of All Things OT)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 10:15 AM
  #876
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word
 
HANDZ 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lou 'n I'm proud
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 2238
Can we remove Mizzou from the thread title and replace with SLU?

HANDZ 57 is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
  #877
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,593
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Can we remove Mizzou from the thread title and replace with SLU?
Agreed. More Billikens please.

Dolph Ziggler is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 06:51 PM
  #878
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,881
vCash: 130
Sounds like Miller got the 5th spot.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:28 PM
  #879
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,593
vCash: 380
Yup they announced that today.

Officially one month away from the NFL draft.

Dolph Ziggler is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 12:30 AM
  #880
diehardbluesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Refs in college basketball looked like NHL refs last night. Completely screwed Illinois at the end of the game that impacted the game.

It sucks seeing SLU running into a team on an absolute tear and their great season ending like this.

diehardbluesfan is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:17 AM
  #881
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,593
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Refs in college basketball looked like NHL refs last night. Completely screwed Illinois at the end of the game that impacted the game.

It sucks seeing SLU running into a team on an absolute tear and their great season ending like this.
A St. Louis team running into a West Coast buzzsaw that gets hot at the right time and ends a wonderful season disappointingly premature?

Never heard of that happening before

Dolph Ziggler is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:27 AM
  #882
Bruv
to here knows when
 
Bruv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: stl
Country: Finland
Posts: 53,775
vCash: 500
So glad Miller got the 5th spot, he's got so much more potential than Kelly

Bruv is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
  #883
Halak Ness Monster
Registered User
 
Halak Ness Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You don't spend a 1st round pick on a returner and a slot receiver. You can find those in later rounds.
You spend first round picks on above average to great talent. Tavon Austin IS the best WR in this draft. If he were two-three inches taller, he'd be a top 10 pick. Perhaps he wouldn't be as athletic or impossible to tackle but that's not the point.

If we add Austin, we are adding a big play threat with good hands that will really open up our offense. Just because he plays the slot doesn't mean he can't stretch the field. However, his YAC ability makes him a nightmare in the short range.

Austin is a weapon that we desperately need. He fits in well with our big physical WRs/TEs in Cook, Kendricks, and Quick; Pettis, our possession WR, and Givens, our deep threat.

There used to be a notion awhile ago that you don't take safeties very early in the draft. I don't think Baltimore or Pittsburgh are crying about taking Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu in the top 20.

Talent...we need it.

Halak Ness Monster is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:22 PM
  #884
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,881
vCash: 130
Austin is not by far the best receiver in the draft, it can be argued he's not the best. He played in the spread and had a crazy pro day. How often do 40 times translate to huge success?

We already have plenty of receivers for the middle of the field; Cook, Kendricks, and Pettis. How many 5ft 8in receivers are big impact players?

What we need is an outside threat that can beat Seattle's corners.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:53 PM
  #885
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Manchester City v. Chelsea at Busch Stadium. Sounds pretty awesome!

bluemandan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:13 PM
  #886
ExJbeck
Registered User
 
ExJbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
I don't know how anyone could not want Tavon Austin on the Rams. The best receiver in the draft IMO. Probably the most ideal slot receiver with 0 injury history. He can play all over the field, including snaps out of the backfield. He definitely isn't limited to the slot. Also a major ST threat.


Last edited by ExJbeck: 03-29-2013 at 02:39 PM.
ExJbeck is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:21 PM
  #887
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,881
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Manchester City v. Chelsea at Busch Stadium. Sounds pretty awesome!
Especially for a Chelsea fan.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:44 PM
  #888
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 9,171
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Manchester City v. Chelsea at Busch Stadium. Sounds pretty awesome!
Hell yes. Man City is my squad. Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, extremely pumped for this.

SirPaste is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 03:11 PM
  #889
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,999
vCash: 50
Need to get the women's national back to the Ed. Soccer is the only sport I like watching women as much as men. Maybe because my daughter plays.

Mike Liut is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
  #890
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,881
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Need to get the women's national back to the Ed. Soccer is the only sport I like watching women as much as men. Maybe because my daughter plays.
Our men's team is just so bad, the woman's version is actually more pleasing to watch lol.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 03:47 PM
  #891
Halak Ness Monster
Registered User
 
Halak Ness Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Austin is not by far the best receiver in the draft, it can be argued he's not the best. He played in the spread and had a crazy pro day. How often do 40 times translate to huge success?

We already have plenty of receivers for the middle of the field; Cook, Kendricks, and Pettis. How many 5ft 8in receivers are big impact players?

What we need is an outside threat that can beat Seattle's corners.
You may have been responding to someone else but I didn't say Austin was "by far" the best receiver in the draft. I just said he is. I think Keenan Allen could be close. Patterson could be the best in 3 years.

As for 40 times translating to huge success, I guess you mean in the NFL because Tavon Austin was a massive success in college. He averaged over 1200 yards receiving the past two years and had 600+ rushing yards this year. The man gets it done on the field. The combine just backed up what we knew about him...he's a freak.

What we REALLY need is a sure handed receiver that can get open. Check and check for Austin.

I hate the idea of drafting with one opponent in mind. That is what the 49ers did back in 2002 when they took Mike Rumph to cover Isaac Bruce/Torry Holt. Rumph was a massive bust at corner and was moved to safety.

Halak Ness Monster is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 03:49 PM
  #892
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Our men's team is just so bad, the woman's version is actually more pleasing to watch lol.
\

Probably so. After you watch something for a while, you can start to connect with them and the players. It's pretty sad when I can name numerous players. Chalupny could come and train my daugher's team at times. My daughter thought that was cool. Same with Ashley Pistorius when she played.

Mike Liut is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 03:57 PM
  #893
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
\

Probably so. After you watch something for a while, you can start to connect with them and the players. It's pretty sad when I can name numerous players. Chalupny could come and train my daugher's team at times. My daughter thought that was cool. Same with Ashley Pistorius when she played.
Lori Chalupny is my GF's cousin so I've met her a few times. I got to hold her gold medal too. It was awesome! Much heavier than I expected for some reason. She's a nice girl.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
  #894
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 9,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Manchester City v. Chelsea at Busch Stadium. Sounds pretty awesome!
Just announced? Where are tickets sold?

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 04:52 PM
  #895
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 9,171
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Just announced? Where are tickets sold?
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl...ing/soccer.jsp

Go on sale Tuesday

SirPaste is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
  #896
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,881
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
\

Probably so. After you watch something for a while, you can start to connect with them and the players. It's pretty sad when I can name numerous players. Chalupny could come and train my daugher's team at times. My daughter thought that was cool. Same with Ashley Pistorius when she played.
There is something about the women's team that our country is just attracted to, no pun intended, but that Alex Morgan

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 05:18 PM
  #897
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,881
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
As for 40 times translating to huge success, I guess you mean in the NFL because Tavon Austin was a massive success in college. He averaged over 1200 yards receiving the past two years and had 600+ rushing yards this year. The man gets it done on the field. The combine just backed up what we knew about him...he's a freak.
.
College football is completely different from the pros. If we used a complete spread, then I could see a fit, but we need someone to challenge Quick on the outside, we have plenty of guys for the inside.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 05:33 PM
  #898
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
There is something about the women's team that our country is just attracted to, no pun intended, but that Alex Morgan

She's way hot

Mike Liut is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 05:37 PM
  #899
Halak Ness Monster
Registered User
 
Halak Ness Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
College football is completely different from the pros. If we used a complete spread, then I could see a fit, but we need someone to challenge Quick on the outside, we have plenty of guys for the inside.
Expect Chris Givens to get better and better. He was a rookie last year and more than held his own on the outside as our lone deep threat.

Austin should be a good receiver in the NFL. Danny Amendola is probably 5'9"(he ain't 5'11") and lacks most of the physical ability that Austin has and he did just fine. Austin has the YAC ability that you won't find in many UDFA's like Amendola. Amendola was a pure possession slot WR. Austin provides big play potential.

Wes Welker and Steve Smith have been doing just fine at 5'9".

Austin has a good chance to be the next DeSean Jackson with the physical ability he possesses. Jackson measured in at 5'9 3/4 at the combine but actually weighed 5 pounds less.

We need talent. Austin has the most among this year's draft eligible wide receivers.

Halak Ness Monster is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 05:37 PM
  #900
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Lori Chalupny is my GF's cousin so I've met her a few times. I got to hold her gold medal too. It was awesome! Much heavier than I expected for some reason. She's a nice girl.

That's awesome. I have talked to her a few times. She is very cool. Heck of a player too.

Mike Liut is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.