HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Sauer Signs

Old
08-08-2006, 05:04 PM
xander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Michael Sauer will not count against the 50 contract limit for 2006-07.The Rangers are sending him back to Portland

page 8 of the CBA
thank you for settling the issue.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Absolutely fantastic move.

This kid is going to be a *STUD*.

Cliche should be next on the bill to get inked.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Pizza

Ah yes. Very good news indeed. Sauer and the rest of the quartet(Staal, Sanguinetti, and Toots) give us a very nice upside for the future.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Our defense is starting to shape up nice for the future. I'd love to get a guy like Petrecki in the next draft (who is from upstate NY -- Clifton Park, IIRC).

A guy like him or a Doughty/Sauve (2008 draft) would really solidify our defense of the future.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:41 PM
DarthSather99

GREAT signing!!

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 06:01 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Our defense is starting to shape up nice for the future. I'd love to get a guy like Petrecki in the next draft (who is from upstate NY -- Clifton Park, IIRC).

A guy like him or a Doughty/Sauve (2008 draft) would really solidify our defense of the future.
my guess is that they'd rather use the assets that it would take to get petrecki (whose looking like a top 5 pick) to aquire a big foward prospect, seeing as it really is more of a need right now.

and if we're picking in that range then something has probably gone horribly wrong.

Old
08-08-2006, 06:07 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
not me but I dont think it counts cause I remember Dawes was signed before he went back to his final year of juniors and I dont recall it counting but not really sure. I wanna see Eric Hunter signed next, even though drafted in 06 was a re-entry, and is 20 years old so once he gets signed its Rangers,Hartford or Charlotte. Why risk of losing him as a ufa after the season if he was to go to juniors as a overager, at least get him signed so he can start for the Checkers if he dont make the Wolfpack.
I was going to say that Potter, Crabb, and Guenin are longshots to make the NHL. Hunter is a project himself, but he has a lot more upside than any of those three.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
GREAT signing!!
I was waiting for a post from you, wanted to see your reaction, haha.

Old
08-08-2006, 07:07 PM
xander

does anyone else see some Shea Weber in Micheal Sauer? Both are defensive minded defensemen coming out of the WHL who saw a nice uptick in they're scoring the year after they where drafted. Both where also selected in the second round.

I'm not saying that Sauer will progress as well as Weber, but I see alot of similarites.

Old
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I was waiting for a post from you, wanted to see your reaction, haha.
I will sleep easier tonight .... When are the Sauer shirts going to be available at Cosby's?

Old
08-08-2006, 07:29 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Absolutely fantastic move.

This kid is going to be a *STUD*.

Cliche should be next on the bill to get inked.

I repeat, the 2005 draft looks like a killer - I believe that Staal, Sauer, Cliche and Dupont will be essential pieces of the future core of the Rangers. Add in Pyatt and Russell, plus wild cards like Koverko and Beller, and we will be praising that draft for years to come.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 10:16 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I will sleep easier tonight .... When are the Sauer shirts going to be available at Cosby's?
Ditto, and maybe one day I will be purchasing a Sauer jersey myself.

Still waiting for this one though...

http://www.siouxshop.com/product_inf...roducts_id=940

Old
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Prospects I wanna see signed:
Eric Hunter
Corey Potter
Nate Guenin
Joey Crabb
Brodie Dupont
Tom Pyatt
Ryan Russell
Marc Andre Cliche

I put 2005 draft and the overage Hunter.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Levitate

Sauer got an assist on the second goal of the game between USA Team White and Team Sweden at the WJC camp.

I don't know how much he's gonna have to prove in order to make the team, but it's nice to see him pick up a point at least

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 07:45 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Prospects I wanna see signed:
Eric Hunter
Corey Potter
Nate Guenin
Joey Crabb
Brodie Dupont
Tom Pyatt
Ryan Russell
Marc Andre Cliche

I put 2005 draft and the overage Hunter.
Definetly see us signing Eric Hunter, Dupont, Pyatt, Russell and Cliche. The 2005 draft may have saved the franchise.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:03 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
The 2005 draft may have saved the franchise.
I don't know about saving the franchise, since the 2004 draft put the Rangers on the road to recovery. But, the 2005 draft has the potential to fully arm the Rangers for a very good future.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:42 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I don't know about saving the franchise, since the 2004 draft put the Rangers on the road to recovery. But, the 2005 draft has the potential to fully arm the Rangers for a very good future.
It's things like this that make me bang my head. This franchise COULD have been in even better shape were it not for Jessiman & Falardeau. Even take the latter out of the conversation, and simply not drafting the lone member of a very deep draft not to have taken any steps forward (Jessiman). How much better would the Rangers farm system have looked with virtually anyone else from that 1st round?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 08:54 AM
TheRedressor

I am still waiting to see what happens with Al Montoya, if he ends up being better then Lundqvist that will be unbelievable. If we make a trade that brings in a quality #1 center or #1 center prospect than that draft could push everything over the edge.

Old
08-09-2006, 09:21 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers may not be able to sign Corey Potter,Nate Guenin and Joey Crabb because they are approaching the 50 contract limit.Maybe one or two of them if possible.If you include Marc Staal and Michael Sauer,the Rangers have 48 NHL contracts.Staal and Sauer will most likely be sent back to their junior teams so they won't count but they count right now because they haven't been sent back to junior.Unless the Rangers trade a signed player or two for a draft pick(s)or prospect(s),they do not have room for the college players.Unless they want to sign AHL contracts

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 09:23 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
I am still waiting to see what happens with Al Montoya, if he ends up being better then Lundqvist that will be unbelievable. If we make a trade that brings in a quality #1 center or #1 center prospect than that draft could push everything over the edge.
I feel Dubinsky will be a number 2 centre, He was the best pack player in the playoffs while just coming over after juniors while making his pro debut, that is impressive. While leading the pack with a +8, the next in +- was former pack Colby Genoway with + 5.With Dubinsky's hard work and gritty style he might even make a number one centre, if he can be like Jeremy Roenick in his prime, ill take that any day, we dont have much players with grit and alot of skill. We do got alot of grit in 3rd and 4th liners like Byers, Kozak, Callahan.

Old
08-09-2006, 09:24 AM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Ah yes. Very good news indeed. Sauer and the rest of the quartet(Staal, Sanguinetti, and Toots) give us a very nice upside for the future.
Everyone forgets Baranka because he missed so much of last year with his wrist injury. So it's really a... pentet?

romba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 09:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba View Post
Everyone forgets Baranka because he missed so much of last year with his wrist injury. So it's really a... pentet?
and Lampman. I still think he will be a good dman if he can stay healthy, he needs to get a little strong. If he can be 6'1 205-210 that wont be that bad, right now he is listed as 6'1 193

Old
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It's things like this that make me bang my head. This franchise COULD have been in even better shape were it not for Jessiman & Falardeau. Even take the latter out of the conversation, and simply not drafting the lone member of a very deep draft not to have taken any steps forward (Jessiman). How much better would the Rangers farm system have looked with virtually anyone else from that 1st round?

Can we kill this argument already....forever ...we've beaten this to death ... if if if ..

Old
08-09-2006, 09:37 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Can we kill this argument already....forever ...we've beaten this to death ... if if if ..
The reason that this argument never dies is because it was such a far-out pick. It's not like he drafted someone who was seen as a high draft pick and just did not pan out. He took someone whom nearly everyone (from fans to scouts to GMs)would never have picked that high. And how much better could this organization have been with another top-2 line player that was very young and homegrown? THe argument does not die becuae the effects of it are still being felt thoughout the organization.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM
TheRedressor

Listen I spoke to Hugh yesterday and he is really working hard this summer, he took the Rangers comments on Pyatt to heart and he is getting himself in that type of shape. Do not count him out yet. He is busting his *** to make this team at the 3rd line LW spot. So please wait until the guy is 25 before you call him a bust.