HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
The thing is what Dman are you going to trade Couts for? Anyone that we know we might need is going to take a lot more and likely a lot of those names wont and shouldnt be moved. I think we get Ryan and draft a D that can help soon amd sign another guy that can help. Our team with ryan looks dramatically better IMO. I make that trade.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:30 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Well, I don't really see how Bobby Ryan can be considered buying low.

Buying stupidly? Maybe. But low? I don't really see it.
Fair enough.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:43 PM
PropJoe

Why is it a guarantee that Ryan will come here in Free Agency? I know he was a Jr. Flyer but you still don't want to get into a bidding war with other teams on this guy. My problem with this trade would be that I want to trade Couturier in a package for a defenseman. I'd wait for the draft or at the very least the lottery before making this trade.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:50 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
Why is it a guarantee that Ryan will come here in Free Agency? I know he was a Jr. Flyer but you still don't want to get into a bidding war with other teams on this guy. My problem with this trade would be that I want to trade Couturier in a package for a defenseman. I'd wait for the draft or at the very least the lottery before making this trade.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Ryan would have a lot of interest in coming to Philadelphia. That's not a guarantee, but it's something to think about before trading away a piece like Couturier.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:52 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
This has a lot to do with it...

Quote:
Frustrated with Ducks management, the 25-year-old left wing suggested he's up for a trade anywhere and that the Flyers would be his first choice.
"I heard Anaheim was a little overwhelmed with offers and they only took four seriously, but none of the teams were mentioned to me other than Philly," Ryan said. "Everybody wants to play in your hometown, but it would be tough because a lot of expectations come when you're put into a situation like that. For me, if I'm moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me."

Ryan concedes he'd love playing on a line with Flyers star center Claude Giroux, who finished third in the league in scoring last season with 93 points and added 17 points in 10 postseason games.
"He's an incredible, one-of-a-kind player," Ryan said. "I'm very fortunate where I am with (Anaheim linemates) Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry when we're together, but Claude Giroux has done things to elevate his team to a new level. If I were to come to Philly, I would love to be alongside him."
Bob Ryan, who still lives in Cherry Hill, definitely is hoping his son comes home, but he'd be fine with any change for the better.
"In my mind, the Flyers are the best that there is," Bob Ryan said. "But I just want to see him happy. The only place he can't go is the Rangers. I'd never hear the end of it from Clarkie."

Old
03-25-2013, 11:57 PM
TheLegendkiller

Anybody see the Dreger thing on Briere? Possibly to Montreal for a pick if he gets healthy and waives his NTC. Its on twitter.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:00 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Anybody see the Dreger thing on Briere? Possibly to Montreal for a pick if he gets healthy and waives his NTC. Its on twitter.
Well, if it's on Twitter, then there's no disputing it. I'll go pick him up at the airport. We have a nice futon in our downstairs family area. The kids can bunk with mine.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:34 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Well, if it's on Twitter, then there's no disputing it. I'll go pick him up at the airport. We have a nice futon in our downstairs family area. The kids can bunk with mine.
You know what Rumor/Speculation means right?

Old
03-26-2013, 12:39 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Yes, but unless its been updated since earlier, the tweet in question came from some guy no one knows quoting a Dreger interview that no one else heard. The thread was locked in the Main Board Rumors section because it was a faulty source with no corroboration.

Twitter this time of year is dangerous. False accounts. Nobodies making a splash.... just not that great a source. Even the pros (Dreger, et al) re-tweet fake accounts.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:47 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Yes, but unless its been updated since earlier, the tweet in question came from some guy no one knows quoting a Dreger interview that no one else heard. The thread was locked in the Main Board Rumors section because it was a faulty source with no corroboration.

Twitter this time of year is dangerous. False accounts. Nobodies making a splash.... just not that great a source. Even the pros (Dreger, et al) re-tweet fake accounts.
Still, id rather hear about them, know they probably won't happen, than just not hear anything. This thread would be awfully boring...

Old
03-26-2013, 01:48 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
This has a lot to do with it...
I don't doubt that Ryan may feel that way and I hope he does, but if that's an excerpt from Randy Miller's article from the late summer, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I'd take anything Randy Miller says with a grain of salt. He likes to make stuff up.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:18 AM
BillDineen

Ah, waking up to the yearly Ryan rumours ....

1- He is not getting traded until after the Ducks playoffs if at all.

2- I am with those that say Couturier should only be moved to solve 1D issue.

3- As others have suggested, Ryan is a UFA in two years and if he loves Philly as much as rumoured, there is a chance he is had for nothing then.

Old
03-26-2013, 07:54 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
He sucked at C, he sucks at W, he sucks at practice, he sucks at staying healthy. The only GD things he does well are sleep overs for the rookies, and demanding tutors.

2010-2011 doesn't mean jack right now.

You perceive the comments as "hate" when really they are just comments on how others perceive his value vs. cap hit.
Deteriorating physically, well past his prime, overpaid, only good for sleepovers with Flyers rookies... so you're saying he's pretty much the Michael Jackson of the Flyers?

Old
03-26-2013, 07:59 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I wonder what pick is on the table, I'm thinking not a first

Old
03-26-2013, 08:06 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I wonder what pick is on the table, I'm thinking not a first
I could see a first. Really tough to say because he has been having a down year. But then you look at what Morrow brought in and he is probably having the same type of off year as Briere.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Still, id rather hear about them, know they probably won't happen, than just not hear anything. This thread would be awfully boring...
If you like, I can make a fake twitter account and cite it with "rumors" for you until the deadline.

Rumors are fun. Rumors made up by 12 year olds in their parent's basement... not so much.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:21 AM
CTU2fan

You could call it @hockkeyinssider...

I'm totally OK with moving Couts, provided it's for their #1 need, a quality PMD. Right now their top 6 wingers are Jake, Hartnell, Simmonds, and Read...Ryan would be an upgrade but he's one more guy they'd need to pay, plus they'd continue to have a big hole on D.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
I do indeed. That knowledge doesn't preclude me from mocking one that doesn't pass the sniff test of plausibility.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I could see a first. Really tough to say because he has been having a down year. But then you look at what Morrow brought in and he is probably having the same type of off year as Briere.
As terrible as Briere has been this year you have to figure he's more valuable than Morrow just based on his playoff pedigree. Didn't the Sabres give up a 1st for Steve Ott last year? I would hope they could at least get a couple 2nds for Briere even if him being signed 2 more years is more of a deterrent than a selling point.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
As terrible as Briere has been this year you have to figure he's more valuable than Morrow just based on his playoff pedigree. Didn't the Sabres give up a 1st for Steve Ott last year? I would hope they could at least get a couple 2nds for Briere even if him being signed 2 more years is more of a deterrent than a selling point.
Sabres traded Derek Roy for Ott. Nashville did trade a 1st for Gaustad though (I think that's who you mean).

Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Sabres traded Derek Roy for Ott. Nashville did trade a 1st for Gaustad though (I think that's who you mean).
Yeah that's true. I guess the only real issue then is the NTC and his health. Hopefully both don't factor in too much...

Old
03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Codith

Draft day Trade

Couturier+2nd 2014+5th 2013
For
Ryan

Hope we get a top3 pick

Draft MacKinnon or Drouin if not first

MacKinnon-Giroux-Ryan
Read-Schenn-Voracek
Gagne-Laughton-Simmonds
Feds-Talbot-Mcginn/Rinaldo

or

Read-Giroux-Voracek
Drouin-Schenn-Ryan
Gagne-Laughton-Simmonds

Old
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Draft day Trade

Couturier+2nd 2014+5th 2013
For
Ryan

Hope we get a top3 pick

Draft MacKinnon or Drouin if not first

MacKinnon-Giroux-Ryan
Read-Schenn-Voracek
Gagne-Laughton-Simmonds

or

Read-Giroux-Voracek
Drouin-Schenn-Ryan
Gagne-Laughton-Simmonds
And the. We still have a crap defense

Old
03-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Codith

Unless a miracle happens we are probably still going to have crap defense. We aren't going to get two stud Dmen without selling off everything. If we are lucky, maybe we can get something for Briere or other assets.

Who do you trade Couturier for in terms of Defensive help that will honestly make our D that much better?

Old
03-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Mike Richards 18

I don't know if we will even get the chance to make a play but really need to do whatever's necessary to land either pietroangelo or McDonough this off season. If the chance is there. Both their teams have some decisions to make. And weather or not we amnesty Bryzgalov I would absolutely love us to get Bishop.

Closed Thread