HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Day - All trade info here

Old
03-26-2013, 01:34 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Blank Space

vCash: 564
I hope we don't trade David Rundblad any time soon. I don't want to have to change my username again.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Grimes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Maybe to Columbus for Brassard
Maybe bring the Flyers in on this. Brassard and Voracek back together. A defenseman and Korpi moving.

Quote:
Somebody who was supposed to screen the goalie on the PP.
I've noticed Moss on the PK a decent amount, and has actually seemed like a much quicker skater than I expected.

Grimes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Players signed for next season:
Doan, Vermette, Hanzal, Vrbata, Moss, Bissonnette
Yandle, Michalek, Morris, Klesa, OEL

notable in minors
Shinnimin, Brown, Lessio, Swarz
Gormley, Murphy
Visentin, Lee

RFA's
Korpikoski, Boedker, Hextall, Miele, Klinkhammer
Rundblad, Stone

UFA's
Sullivan, Gordon, Torres, Lombardi, Johnson, Chipchura
Smith, Labarbera
Keep all signed players, send away Korpi out RFA's, trade Sully, maybe Smith.

We have to find away to sign Boeds and keep Torres, Gordon, and hopefully Chip.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Fellas, all I am saying is that if the UFA isn't going to resign with us, then he has to be traded before or at the deadline because you just can't let UFA's walk if they are valuable enough to return something in trade.

If Gordon doesn't re-up, then we should move him for picks or a lower level prospect that we can fit in on the 4th line.

If Moss won't re-up then he has to be moved

If Korpi won't re-up then he has to be moved

If Smith won't re-up then he has to be moved

I don't want us to re-up Sullivan, so he mus go anyways.

These are all guys that have some value to teams looking for depth before the playoffs. Plus, I'd like to get Brown some more time on the big club as I believe he can be slotted into a 4th line winger duty between Klinkhammer and Chipchura to form a pretty aggressive 4th line group.

Klesla considering what Douglas Murray got for San Jose surely must be moved to make room for Rundblad/Gormley/Stone.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Keep Rundblad for sure. He's a great trade chip but we aren't buying, no need to give him up. Plus i truly think we'll be kicking ourselves if we trade him.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:04 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

What do you want from Toronto for Mike Smith?

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:09 AM
ducky

What a cluster ****. Dont know where home is. Lame duck coach and GM. Who knows what GMDM is allowed to do

Assuming an all out rebuild...

If we keep all the signed players we have too many NHL defensemen. Someone(s) has to go. Yandle would garner the best return. Klesa will be coveted.

Trade all UFA's if possible. Smith, Gordon, Torres will bring back good value.

Trade Korpikoski.

Problem is the Pirates are still playing. Can't decimate theire roster.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:12 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I don't there is a market for Sullivan. There is DEFINITELY no market for Lombardi. You might be able to get a third round pick for Torres, so why even bother?

I don't want to move Korpikoski. I think he's a good player

I like Moss just fine, but if they refuse to play him on the PP he's overpaid by a million bucks a year. We can't afford that luxury. I say move him either now or at the draft. He probably has very little value. Maybe the equivalent of a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Klesla I'd be willing to move for the right deal. Really solid player, but he's always hurt and is pretty pricey for the third pair. Especially with how well Stone and Schlemko have played. Plus, Rundblad and Gormley are around in case of injury.

It's probably time to turn the page on Summers. He's a good prospect and I like him, but he's clearly getting passed up by all of the other top young D in the system.

I noticed the Wings D tonight committed a lot of turn overs and got pushed around physically at times. Even little Steve Sullivan bowled over two of them. Maybe they'd be interested in Klesla? Moss and Summers are Wolverines and could fit in, too.

Wonder if we could get a little something for Klesla, Moss, and Summers to Detroit? It'd clear five million dollars for next season. That alone might be worth it.

03-26-2013, 02:22 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

I don't see any reason why the team shouldn't be able to re-sign Korpi to something in the $2.0m-$2.5m/year range. Which is fine for a 0.5PPG 2nd/3rd liner.

p.s. In case there's any confusion, Korpi will be an RFA.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:53 AM
zz

We have to trade Yandle. It sucks, but we can't keep his $ 5M salary on the books. Not after signing OEL to the same deal, and not with the gap we have up front.

I'm personally not sold on Michalek's $ 4M value, but I can't imagine we'll find a taker. So Klesla's the other one D to go. Stone becomes permanent, Rundblad gets his ****, and Gormley becomes our 7th D.

Sullivan and Lombardi will walk as UFAs. I can't imagine we'll find any taker at the deadline. Well, maybe a conditional 4th pick, but not more.

Give Boedker a raise, sign Smith for $ 3.5 M / yr for 2 years or let him walk. Let Labarbera walk.

I kinda like Korpikoski and would like to sign him for $ 2M. Moss I don't care much for.

Keep Chipchurra, Gordon & Torres for a reasonable price.

Vermette I don't know. He's a decent 2-way guy but really blows as a top-6 scorer.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:55 AM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I don't there is a market for Sullivan. There is DEFINITELY no market for Lombardi. You might be able to get a third round pick for Torres, so why even bother?

I don't want to move Korpikoski. I think he's a good player

I like Moss just fine, but if they refuse to play him on the PP he's overpaid by a million bucks a year. We can't afford that luxury. I say move him either now or at the draft. He probably has very little value. Maybe the equivalent of a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Klesla I'd be willing to move for the right deal. Really solid player, but he's always hurt and is pretty pricey for the third pair. Especially with how well Stone and Schlemko have played. Plus, Rundblad and Gormley are around in case of injury.

It's probably time to turn the page on Summers. He's a good prospect and I like him, but he's clearly getting passed up by all of the other top young D in the system.

I noticed the Wings D tonight committed a lot of turn overs and got pushed around physically at times. Even little Steve Sullivan bowled over two of them. Maybe they'd be interested in Klesla? Moss and Summers are Wolverines and could fit in, too.

Wonder if we could get a little something for Klesla, Moss, and Summers to Detroit? It'd clear five million dollars for next season. That alone might be worth it.
Yandle was a 3rd round draft pick, you can find quality in that range. Trade Torres for a 3rd, get someone who can in a few years be on an ELC, and open a spot to try out a few young guys. I would really like to see us keep Korpikoski as well, would hate to watch him go even if he is in a funk. Maybe Summers, Torres, and a 5th packaged for a 2nd? Probably too little to land a 2nd..

I think you're correct on Lombardi as well, might as well hold on to him for the remainder of the season. I would like to see us move Klesla to clear space to try and retain Yandle rather than trade him, maybe make another package of Klesla and Sullivan for a 2013 1st? I could see a team paying that price tag if they feel it would provide the depth they needed to win it all.

If we move players I think it should be the lower pairing guys like Klesla, Summers, Torres, Moss, Sullivan, and MAYBE Gordon and Smith. Ideally I would want to keep Gordon as well and then let Lombardi walk next year. We could easily ice a team with most of those guys gone but I want to see us keep the rest.

We really just need to get another sniper/finisher. When Vrbata is out of the line up no one else seems to be really getting it done. Boedker is playing well but seems to be getting pretty unlucky, Hanzal is struggling IMO, Doan looks like hes going to ride his pay day like a cheap hooker most nights, Korpikoski looks like hes trying but is getting mentally pounded, and Vermette is kinda just meh right now. Maybe a small shake up would get the team rolling for the last 16 games.

Sorry I know I do this a lot but I like to give a quick example roster at the end of a lot of posts.. Keep in mind this doesn't take into account injuries.

Boedker - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Vermette - Doan
Klinkhammer - Lombardi - Szwarz
Chipchura - Gordon - Brown

Johnson, Bissonnette

Yandle - Morris
OEL - Michalek
Schlemko - Stone

Summers? Rundblad, Gormley

Smith
Labarbera

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

We need to face the fact that Hanzal is a 3rd line center. He's fully capable of shutting down everyone else's #1, but he's a 30-40pt center.

That is our problem is that we're missing a true #1, Vermette is a below average #2, but he wins draws and is sound defensively so we can afford to have him as our #2 as long as we have a #1, which we don't have.

And I think the only way we can get one is through the draft. This year is perfect timing to grab a potential #1 center.

Guys in the AHL that are legitimate NHL'ers are the following:
Brown (destined to be a 3rd or 4th line winger with lots of grit in his game)
Gormley (I see him as a 2nd pairing guy, he's Klesla with more offense)l
Rundblad (I think he can be a top pairing guy capable of 40pts)
Summers (he can play, but he's a 6/7 guy and will need to change teams to get a chance)

That is it on the current roster except for the goalies, and it looks like both Lee, Visentin and Domingue look good enough to make it...hopefully one of them can clearly put their hold on the #1 2-3 yrs from now.

I don't think that the following players are NHL material - Szwarz, Martinook, Werek, Miele, Conner, Shinnimin, Lane, Hextall, D-zynski, Goncharov

Still not a big fan of the Martinook selection...waste of a 2nd round pick in my opinion.

Maybe we should trade Miele to Tampa Bay...some systems are better for certain players and our system doesn't fit Miele

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Kaibur

Hard to say what they can do and whether they have any inclination about where the club will be next season.

I say trade off Klesla, Sullivan, and Torres for picks, prospects, and young NHL players. It's a three point difference between us and Tampa Bay for the 3rd worst point total. Weaken the roster just enough, and we could be adding Drouin or Barkov.

Give Andy Miele an honest 10 game look in Steve Sullivan's spot? If we're doing a mini-tank, what's the harm?

We don't want to weaken the Portland roster, but they look pretty firmly in a playoff spot, so at least the farm will finally get some AHL playoff experience.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
Speculating on pretty much a full rebuild, here's a list of players I wouldn't mind building up as our future core.

G: Chad Johnson

D: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, David Rundblad, David Schlemko, Michael Stone, Chris Summers (can probably trade one or two of these except OEL if necessary)

F: Robert Klinkhammer, Mikkel Boedker, Andy Miele, Alexandre Bolduc, Jordan Szwarz, Martin Hanzal

I'm not entirely familiar with many Portland players so feel free to fill me in if I missed anyone. Not all of these guys will make the cut over time, but the rest of our current roster is more or less expendable within the next 1-3 years in my opinion.
Thats a terrible list. Three or four of those will not even play in the NHL, and you want them as our core?

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Mosby
Howl On

Take whatever we can get for Sullivan or Lombardi, which is probably nothing.

If some desperate team wants to offer a 1st for Smith or Rusty, do it.

Clear some space and take a 3rd or better for Torres or Moss.

Mosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Hard to say what they can do and whether they have any inclination about where the club will be next season.

I say trade off Klesla, Sullivan, and Torres for picks, prospects, and young NHL players. It's a three point difference between us and Tampa Bay for the 3rd worst point total. Weaken the roster just enough, and we could be adding Drouin or Barkov.

Give Andy Miele an honest 10 game look in Steve Sullivan's spot? If we're doing a mini-tank, what's the harm?

We don't want to weaken the Portland roster, but they look pretty firmly in a playoff spot, so at least the farm will finally get some AHL playoff experience.
Good point about trying to get into the range of a first line center. I believe there are five of them in this draft. We need to be at 1-6 to get one. Right now there are only seven teams with a worse P%.

How does this new crazy draft lottery work, again?

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
ducky

With this losing streak we are in a top 10 pick territory.

I think there are 2 options:

1 - lame duck GM and coach (with no owner) make desperate attempt to rally the team and get into a playoff spot. Trade some futures for NOW.

or

2 - League owned team decides to cut costs, build for the future new owner/new location, possibly new coach and new GM (egads) and sell off tradeable assets and UFA's to get as mnay picks as possible. Not winnin' for McKinnon?

Cripes, this is difficult/frustrating/confusing for me as a fan. Imagine how hard it has been for the players this past 3 years? You know they have days where they just say, **** it and dont really want to go to work and perform.

Tippett is a god of a coach and GMDM should be knighted for his work.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Mosby
Howl On

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
How does this new crazy draft lottery work, again?
Any non-playoff team can move up to 1st overall if they win the lottery. The maximum 4 spot rule has been removed.

Lottery odds:

1st - 25.0%
2nd - 18.8%
3rd - 14.2%
4th - 10.7%
5th - 8.1%
6th - 6.2%
7th - 4.7%
8th - 3.6%
9th - 2.7%
10th - 2.1%
11th - 1.5%
12th - 1.1%
13th - 0.8%
14th - 0.5%

Mosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
With this losing streak we are in a top 10 pick territory.

I think there are 2 options:

1 - lame duck GM and coach (with no owner) make desperate attempt to rally the team and get into a playoff spot. Trade some futures for NOW.

or

2 - League owned team decides to cut costs, build for the future new owner/new location, possibly new coach and new GM (egads) and sell off tradeable assets and UFA's to get as mnay picks as possible. Not winnin' for McKinnon?

Cripes, this is difficult/frustrating/confusing for me as a fan. Imagine how hard it has been for the players this past 3 years? You know they have days where they just say, **** it and dont really want to go to work and perform.

Tippett is a god of a coach and GMDM should be knighted for his work.
The league gave Maloney complete autonomy as long as he stays under budget and gets approval for longer term deals. I see no reason why that would change. I doubt Maloney has made up his mind about where he hopes to GM next season,and he may be holding out hope that it is here. He won't get bent on destruction. He's not that dramatic.

Last edited by rt: 03-26-2013 at 10:45 AM.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:52 AM
DesertDawg

16 games left and currently tied for Buffalo in the 7th spot (the virtual draft position). Wonder if there is a market for Smith? Would like the 'Yotes to trade for Bishop, but Anderson is still out (just started being at practice). I say keep Moss, he is signed for next season and IMO, it will be hard to get UFAs to sign here (then again who knows where the franchise will be at come July 5th).
The closer to the deadline, more teams will be in sell-mode and my guess is that values will go down. Sooner the better.

Would love for the 'Yotes to draft Barkov

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
MIG
Undocumented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Good thing Tippet's contract is up. We should fire him anyways
That worked out well for Dallas

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:10 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Teams interested in Coyote® products: Capitals, Penguins, Flyers
there are more. Carolina is a bubble team and could use more grit and defensive help. I sense a package deal developing.

Ronnie Franchise and the Demigod Maloney need to make a deal...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
16 games left and currently tied for Buffalo in the 7th spot (the virtual draft position). Wonder if there is a market for Smith? Would like the 'Yotes to trade for Bishop, but Anderson is still out (just started being at practice). I say keep Moss, he is signed for next season and IMO, it will be hard to get UFAs to sign here (then again who knows where the franchise will be at come July 5th).
The closer to the deadline, more teams will be in sell-mode and my guess is that values will go down. Sooner the better.

Would love for the 'Yotes to draft Barkov
I disagree.Usually,GM's pay more closer to the deadline. For example, Pittsburgh just got stronger, this puts more pressure on other teams to make moves to improve their teams. That is why you see overpayment of players at this time of year. Defense is always in demand this time of year, so I think we should or can do very well this deadline.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:12 AM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Would you guys be looking for prospects or roster players in return for Yandle?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:12 AM

It's really as simple as this. Everyone is available for the right price, but you want to establish a core. Typically the young prospects are excluded from rebuilding talk and it's just roster players.

The core would likely be OEL, Boedker, Hanzal at a minimum. Everyone else who's played a regular shift in the NHL this season is fair game if you get an offer that makes the team better. Keep in mind that this excludes players like Runblad, Summers, Klinkhammer, etc. I think the big question is whether guys like Doan, Smith, and Yandle are part of that core. I won't judge those guys, but it's a good debate.

Obviously you want to try to trade off your assets losing value (UFA's) for nearly anything of value up to the market value.

If the Coyotes go into selling mode now they would be smart. You're seeing a few teams like Dallas and San Jose selling off a little bit and when there are so many teams in the hunt it becomes a sellers market. If the Coyotes are one of the few sellers which a number of pieces available they will be able to restock for another run next year.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote