HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
It is easy to say MB can make a trade to shore up the forwards or defense but there isn't a lot of teams looking to trade players right now. I bet there wouldn't be 5 teams right now that think they don't have a chance at the playoffs.
Well he can make a trade, he obviously needs to find a willing partner, you're right. What I'm getting at is until we see more talk of the Habs getting aggressive in order to replace bourque/diaz we shouldn't panic. That's all I was saying.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:05 AM
Davebo
beep beep

vCash: 500
I feel bad for Bourque. He really made an effort in the off season, and of all our players he showed the most improvement. I hope he can shake this off and get back ASAP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Why take random shots at RDS? You get pleasure out of this? Root for the Leafs and watch TSN. Should be perfect for you
Why - to be a Habs fan we must also love rds?

****. THAT. NOISE! And **** rds

Old
03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
That's a little premature to state - there is still over a month left before PO. Being out for a month or is quite common with this type of problem. But MB might want to have a back-up plan in case one or both are not available for PO.
Concussions: 1 week, 6 months, 1 year, never. That's the reality now.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:47 AM
EveryDay

Prust skating alone on the 2nd ice.......

Old
03-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
So forget Prust for the 2 games coming up since MT said he'd need at least 1 full practice before being back in.

Gives him nearly 5 full days to get ready for the game after that against his ex-team.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
zzoo

A setback for Bourque confirmed

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/r...chute-1.601836

Old
03-25-2013, 11:03 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
It's strange that Bourque was practicing, with contact, just 5 days ago. Wonder what happened.

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/sta...91473468628993
F*kc Colton Orr

Old
03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Anybody heard anything about White?

Old
03-25-2013, 11:25 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Not basing this off anything other than a flames poster that I remember speaking about it.

But Bourque seem to have a history with concussions, I remember him saying that it is the reason why Bourque can go on steaks like a dominate player, and then go missing for a stretch of games, maybe worried that he might get hurt again.

I really hope it isn't the case, because I liked Bourque all along.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Was really hoping we'd get Prust back by the Wednesday game vs. Boston...

03-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I feel so much better now.
Oh man... sorry if this post contributes nothing regarding its “injuries update” objective and please keep in mind that I like reading Marc the Habs Fan’s posts (keep them coming Marc)... but I can’t help but smile each times I read overlords’ reply!

Prust’s shoulder, when will we see Markov – Diaz on the PP, Plekanec’s need for a big winger... thanks GAWD Weber is looking healthy out there!

Old
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Prust will not be traveling to Pittsburgh and Boston with the team. He will stay in Mtl to continue conditioning.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Not basing this off anything other than a flames poster that I remember speaking about it.

But Bourque seem to have a history with concussions, I remember him saying that it is the reason why Bourque can go on steaks like a dominate player, and then go missing for a stretch of games, maybe worried that he might get hurt again.

When did he have a concussion before? He only missed a handful of games the last 3-4 years.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:43 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
that was confirmed couple days ago.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:44 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post

Bourque had a history of giving concussion

Old
03-25-2013, 11:46 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

We need to add a heavy before wednesday or its going to get ugly.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Damn...

JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien did not elaborate on Bourque's setback in concussion recovery: "He is not progressing as well as we hoped."

Old
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
When did he have a concussion before? He only missed a handful of games the last 3-4 years.
Not sure like I said, I was basing it off what someone had said.

I looked a tsn.

It seems like in 2010 he missed 2 games with a head injury, and there was another "upper body" injury that he missed a game for.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4939

Old
03-26-2013, 01:51 AM
habtastic

Colton Orr really is SUCH a POS. And make no mistake, he's a big time hero to leaf fans. They are becoming unintelligible from Boston fans. Can't believe we're losing out on so many games for Bourque cuz of that sucker punch and the league is probably not even aware of it. Good job trying to get concussions out of the game when you let that happen.

BTW, what happened to Prust's "I'll be back in no time"? I really miss having him particularly for our next two games. The team is going to have to dig deep to find the emotion to put us just over the top in his absence.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Colton Orr really is SUCH a POS. And make no mistake, he's a big time hero to leaf fans. They are becoming unintelligible from Boston fans. Can't believe we're losing out on so many games for Bourque cuz of that sucker punch and the league is probably not even aware of it. Good job trying to get concussions out of the game when you let that happen.

BTW, what happened to Prust's "I'll be back in no time"? I really miss having him particularly for our next two games. The team is going to have to dig deep to find the emotion to put us just over the top in his absence.
When your players feel like it's Prust or bust to defend their teammates, they do things that they shouldn't do and suffer the consequences.

As for Prust, I'm happy not to see him back for this trip. He would have once again be alone to play his intense, never give up game, while Moen and White would have just looked at him like the clueless chickens they are. Probably he would have been the one to dance, probably with Thornton this time, while White and Moen try to play fancy hockey.

The sooner we'll replace those two bums, the better it'll be. I can't believe Bergevin couldn't see Prust's injury coming when several people around here, myself included, saw it coming from miles away, the way he was alone to play that game on this team. The only aggressor who was always, ALWAYS hitting, forechecking, grinding it out... It's natural that the other teams' players who play the same game are going to target him. And what had to happen happened.

But people would rather think that it was a "bad luck/weird injury caused by a missed check on a delayed icing call". It tells you something that Prust hadn't missed a game in forever, and that after less than 25 games as a Canadiens, a team in which he was alone playing this kind of game, being on pace for career-highs in pretty much every physical statistics, he got hurt.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
When your players feel like it's Prust or bust to defend their teammates, they do things that they shouldn't do and suffer the consequences.

As for Prust, I'm happy not to see him back for this trip. He would have once again be alone to play his intense, never give up game, while Moen and White would have just looked at him like the clueless chickens they are. Probably he would have been the one to dance, probably with Thornton this time, while White and Moen try to play fancy hockey.

The sooner we'll replace those two bums, the better it'll be. I can't believe Bergevin couldn't see Prust's injury coming when several people around here, myself included, saw it coming from miles away, the way he was alone to play that game on this team. The only aggressor who was always, ALWAYS hitting, forechecking, grinding it out... It's natural that the other teams' players who play the same game are going to target him. And what had to happen happened.

But people would rather think that it was a "bad luck/weird injury caused by a missed check on a delayed icing call". It tells you something that Prust hadn't missed a game in forever, and that after less than 25 games as a Canadiens, a team in which he was alone playing this kind of game, being on pace for career-highs in pretty much every physical statistics, he got hurt.
*Click* Post 732 on how Moen and White are useless by GFORCE.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
DEFENSIVE PLAY! They don't hurt their team

Now that's a reason to keep them in our lineup. That's how you build a winning team. With players who don't hurt you.

At this point, I keep Armstrong way before White and Moen. Especially the way he's been playing in the last few games.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
That last paragraph may be the biggest reach in the history of big reaches.

If only we had an enforcer to protect Prust from smashing himself into the boards.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post

Oh lord. I have now seen it all.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Oh lord. I have now seen it all.
Hey! How is Therrien doing?

Closed Thread