HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Hey! How is Therrien doing?
Pretty good. At least I am able to admit I am wrong rather than try to fit all things that counter my ideology into it by distorting reality.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
That last paragraph may be the biggest reach in the history of big reaches.

If only we had an enforcer to protect Prust from smashing himself into the boards.
Reach or not, you guys laughed at everyone who kept saying Prust would end up getting injured being the only one to grind it out, fight, hit and agitate. Now that it happened, we're reaching?

Give me a break. You were in the left field on that one. But keep ignoring how he was reportedly having trouble with his shoulder for weeks before it happened, when the guy had been perfectly healthy in the 2 years before.

And keep bringing up ridiculous arguments such as "he injured his shoulder at his very first shift as a Canadiens by checking an opponent into the boards" when his first shift was 1 minute into the game, and his first registered hit was 13-14 minutes into the 1st period.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Andy

Quote:
Reach or not, you guys laughed at everyone who kept saying Prust would end up getting injured being the only one to grind it out, fight, hit and agitate. Now that it happened, we're reaching?

Give me a break. You were in the left field on that one. But keep ignoring how he was reportedly having trouble with his shoulder for weeks before it happened, when the guy had been perfectly healthy in the 2 years before.

And keep bringing up ridiculous arguments such as "he injured his shoulder at his very first shift as a Canadiens by checking an opponent into the boards" when his first shift was 1 minute into the game, and his first registered hit was 13-14 minutes into the 1st period.
He injured the opposite shoulder during the icing play btw.

Also he did injury his shoulder in the 1st minute of the leafs game. He left the ice in pain holding his shoulder. Again, keep distorting reality to fit your ideology.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:19 AM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He injured the opposite shoulder during the icing play btw.
Pierre Houde had been reporting that he had trouble with his left shoulder (the one he injured) each and every game for like 2 weeks. But keep ignoring the facts.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Andy

Quote:
Pierre Houde had been reporting that he had trouble with his left shoulder (the one he injured) each and every game for like 2 weeks. But keep ignoring the facts.
Yet after two fights Prust had ice on his RIGHT shoulder when doing interviews.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:21 AM
saints96

Quote:
Yet after two fights Prust had ice on his RIGHT shoulder when doing interviews.
exactly.

but dont waste your time, even with facts it seems like you wont convince him.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
saints96

GFORCE please quit while you're ahead, you're being ridiculous.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Andy

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...tid=66&lang=en

Video March 3rd. Prust has ice pack on RIGHT shoulder.

On Page 4. March 3rd interview with Prust.

EDIT: http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...sole?id=212474

Old
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
saints96

Quote:

ya but but but in a mirror it's his left shoulder

Old
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
exactly.

but dont waste your time, even with facts it seems like you wont convince him.
Don't worry I have the ultimate fact: A video with ice on his rigth shoulder. But GForce will come up with some distortion and tell me that the interview was done in a mirror and some how link that with the fact that the habs are soft.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:

Proper link: http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...sole?id=212474

Old
03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
thanks bud.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:26 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:

1) Don't worry, I still think it's ridiculous to suggest that Prust got hurt because he's the "only one" grinding it out. If he had gotten hurt in a fight where he was clearly outmatched, you might have a case. Instead, you're reaching.

2) For the zillionth time because I know you've been told this before: he hurt his other shoulder on the icing.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:30 AM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

I knew all about that one. It's after his fight with Lucic. Still, Pierre Houde reportedly say, even before that night, that Prust had trouble with his left shoulder. It's 2 completely different cases. I know what I heard, and unless Houde completely mixed his left and right, it's actually what he said.

But yeah... If you want to keep believing Prust injury has nothing to do with our current situation. What's the funniest part is that people here actually spoke about it and said Prust would end up being injured. Now he gets injured, and the same people who laughed at the theory now keep saying it's unrelated.

Whatever...

Old
03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So forget Prust for the 2 games coming up since MT said he'd need at least 1 full practice before being back in.

Gives him nearly 5 full days to get ready for the game after that against his ex-team.
Let Prust heal. Habs are learning adversity, and it will count in the PO. That's what everyone is forgetting here. We need to be healthy for PO, because we will be in the PO.

The only risk in keeping Prust out (And Bourque, Diaz) is losing 4th to Ottawa, the zombie team that won't die. That would piss me off, but I can live with it. One draft pick higher too.

Shoulder separations are really bad, and if Prust's ligaments and tendons don't heal, which takes a month, he'll separate the same shoulder in the PO, for sure. And he'll keep separating the same shoulder for the next 3 years, when he becomes REALLY important to our cup window.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:37 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Prust will not be traveling to Pittsburgh and Boston with the team. He will stay in Mtl to continue conditioning.
Good. They want the ligaments and tendons to heal. Good move. It was stupid to say he'd be back in 2 weeks.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Good. They want the ligaments and tendons to heal. Good move. It was stupid to say he'd be back in 2 weeks.
It's not stupid if that was what they though his recovery would be. Sometimes guys heal quickly and others take longer.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's not stupid if that was what they though his recovery would be. Sometimes guys heal quickly and others take longer.
Well the habs are used to Patches so maybe ...

Old
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Taken last week:

Shoulder looks fine to me

Old
03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
JusticeBeaver
@gar****al

That's swag right there

Old
03-26-2013, 03:59 PM
habs101

When is Prust back?

I know this will probably be moved but I haven't heard anything on him, last I heard is he was out for a max of 2 weeks and now he is on injury reserve, i couldn't see anything on the injury thread so does anyone have an update, man we could have used him tonight and tomorrow night.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Moroccan

He feels good. More discomfort than pain. He's skating alone and according to Gaston (RDS) he will be back very very soon. So maybe next week.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
GFORCE please quit while you're ahead, you're being ridiculous.
Yes, and people stop quoting him too please.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:27 PM
habtastic

It's possible that he's almost recovered if not 95%, but it might be a very bad idea to throw him in against Boston cuz you know they know about his shoulder and they would love to take him out for the playoffs - it's totally in their strategic gameplan going forward. Prust wouldn't back down and an almost recovered shoulder could go back to being a very unusable one. Not saying Prust would mind getting back in - that's actually the problem, he wouldn't take it easy. The team and doctors might (if my speculation hold any water) be making a good decision not to risk losing him so close to the playoffs. Needs to be 100%.

Still, Colton Orr is a POS. How many people have the leafs goons concussed with dirty punches so far? Drewzynski as well (I think everyone and their mom, including Cherry, agreed that Mclarent should not have fought the rookie). This is why I realllly hope those pukebags come 9th. Unfortunately I don't see any challenges from the teams below them.

Old
03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Lshap

No need to test Prust against the slimiest organization in the league tomorrow. Let him heal so that he's not playing through anything for the playoffs.

Closed Thread