HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
Read the Quote from Norway coach about the Rangers ****T$ system.. Even he knows it Sucks..

Roy Johansen, the coach of Norway’s World Championship team, said that the Rangers are a bad fit for Zuccarello because they play “stone age hockey” by just dumping and chasing.

What does this say when a coach from outside the U.S. says the rangers system S*#KS....

lmfao.. Torts MUST GO!!!!!!
well if Roy Johansen says it....

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
The Sweetness

Zucc fits this years team better than last year. Last year we didn't have skill guys like Nash who could win the board battles and benefit from MZA's skill. It was either Gabby and/or Richards and no size or guys like Prust with little skill.

Hopefully Zucc fits with Nash. At the least our powerplay and skill I'm shootouts should improve.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
This is a move that reeks of desperation. It's no knock on Zuccarello, but how many of us figured that this late in the season we'd be depending on him to inject some offense into the team? Sad, sad state of affairs.
Looking at the Pens recent moves, it shows the importance of a productive Gaborik and Richards. While those two are nowhere near the calibre of player of Malkin and Crosby, if Richards and Gaboriki were even producing half as much as last year and Stepan and Nash were doing what they were doing, the Rangers would be looking to fill holes/upgrade positions the way the Pens are.

03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
wonder when he'll be ready to play for us

Old
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
Read the Quote from Norway coach about the Rangers ****T$ system.. Even he knows it Sucks..

Roy Johansen, the coach of Norway’s World Championship team, said that the Rangers are a bad fit for Zuccarello because they play “stone age hockey” by just dumping and chasing.

What does this say when a coach from outside the U.S. says the rangers system S*#KS....

lmfao.. Torts MUST GO!!!!!!
Roy Johansen is like EF Hutton — when he speaks, people listen. And with all the Cups Johansen has won, I've sure Torts is taking notes.

Ridiculous.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Looking at the Pens recent moves, it shows the importance of a productive Gaborik and Richards. While those two are nowhere near the calibre of player of Malkin and Crosby, if Richards and Gaboriki were even producing half as much as last year and Stepan and Nash were doing what they were doing, the Rangers would be looking to fill holes/upgrade positions the way the Pens are.
Shamelessly OT, but "Gaboriki" is so much fun to say.

03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
#NYR Plan is for both Zuccarello and Fast to travel to North America tmrw.
https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/...67906475466752

Old
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The roster as it was constructed during the offseason has been a failure. The assembly of the bottom lines was a disaster. If it worked as Sather and the organization planned, I really doubt they'd be looking at Zuccarello. They'd be adding a couple more veteran bangers to supplement what we have. Not adding an inexperienced midget that they've been jerking around for a couple years.

Adding Ferriero and Mashinter. Waiving Halpern. All the other ******** tinkering. It's all a half-assed attempt to find something to give us a spark.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
awesome i wonder if Lindberg is next.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
The roster as it was constructed during the offseason has been a failure. The assembly of the bottom lines was a disaster. If it worked as Sather and the organization planned, I really doubt they'd be looking at Zuccarello. They'd be adding a couple more veteran bangers to supplement what we have. Not adding an inexperienced midget that they've been jerking around for a couple years.

Adding Ferriero and Mashinter. Waiving Halpern. All the other ******** tinkering. It's all a half-assed attempt to find something to give us a spark.
Nailed it. Another season with a mish-mash of incompatible parts.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:19 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Nailed it. Another season with a mish-mash of incompatible parts.
100% agree. The mish-mash of players just simply has not worked.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:20 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko 26m
#Metallurg GM Gennadi Velichkin says Mats Zuccarello is going to return to Magnitogorsk next season #Rangers #NHL #KHL
Not sure that is 100% correct or not. If the Rangers offer him a contract he has a NHL out clause.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
100% agree. The mish-mash of players just simply has not worked.
It also didn't help that Kreider was not ready to play top 6 mins, and that both your top C and RW have contributed like 3rd liners...and that practically all the D has been just OK/avg...and that our Vezina goalie has been human this year...

Old
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

See, that's what I find so confusing. Was the roster really so poorly constructed during the offseason?

They were going to have a top scoring and a two-way line that could produce offensively with some combinations of Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider and Callahan.

They were going to have a third line that was going to be defensive and shut down than last season because they basically swapped Boyle for Anisimov. But there was the chance to generate some offense as Boyle should be able to score 7 goals in a shortened season and they replaced Fedotenko with Pyatt and they would have the spare forward who didn't slot in in the tops six.

The fourth line should have been the same as last year with Asham replacing Prust, Halpern bringing less offense than Boyle but better defense and Rupp was Rupp (they actually upgraded that spot when they got Powe).

Anytime two of your top players are struggling like Richards and Gaborik, things fall apart. But to mean, the construct of the roster wasn't that erroneous. To my earlier post, if Gaborik and Richards were producing, then it would be easy to try to add offense to the third and fourth lines.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

$700,000 pro-rated in a 99 day season is $372,580. How many days will Zuccarello be on the roster? There are 33 days remaining as of today. By the time Zuccarello arrives and gets all of his paperwork/physical out of the way,30 days left. Zuccarello will make about $113,000 in salary for the rest of this season. That's it.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Not sure that is 100% correct or not. If the Rangers offer him a contract he has a NHL out clause.
What type of NHL contract will the Rangers offer him? The Rangers brought the player back for $100K plus in salary for the rest of this season. Zuccarello is returning to the KHL.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Cuddles

According to norwegian newspaper Zuccarello have been told to meet up with the team in to meet up with the team in Ottawa so i assume he will be ready for that game

Old
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
iceman9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
See, that's what I find so confusing. Was the roster really so poorly constructed during the offseason?

They were going to have a top scoring and a two-way line that could produce offensively with some combinations of Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider and Callahan.

They were going to have a third line that was going to be defensive and shut down than last season because they basically swapped Boyle for Anisimov. But there was the chance to generate some offense as Boyle should be able to score 7 goals in a shortened season and they replaced Fedotenko with Pyatt and they would have the spare forward who didn't slot in in the tops six.

The fourth line should have been the same as last year with Asham replacing Prust, Halpern bringing less offense than Boyle but better defense and Rupp was Rupp (they actually upgraded that spot when they got Powe).

Anytime two of your top players are struggling like Richards and Gaborik, things fall apart. But to mean, the construct of the roster wasn't that erroneous. To my earlier post, if Gaborik and Richards were producing, then it would be easy to try to add offense to the third and fourth lines.

I know the Nash trade was a good one, but have been following ((Anisimov)) and I am very happy that he is on a team were he can be let go to score goals. I know its a short season but its nice that he has 9 Goals this year.. I bet next season with a full schedule he will score at least 25 goals.. Thank god he is away from Torts system because I know he can score goals..

I wish him all the luck in the future, he now has a chance to see what he can do without a ball & Chain around his neck..

Old
03-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What type of NHL contract will the Rangers offer him? The Rangers brought the player back for $100K plus in salary for the rest of this season. Zuccarello is returning to the KHL.
Something doesn't add up. He wouldn't have come to NA for $100K. I'm sure he has signed a 2 yr deal, however even that doesn't make sense, since I doubt he would have settled for $700K. I'm sure he's making double that in the KHL. Weird

Old
03-26-2013, 10:35 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Welcome back Zuc!

Old
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

This just in, in further acts to bolster their offense the Rangers have signed F Jarkko Immonen from the KHL. For added defensive depth, they've signed blueliners Ivan Baranka and Pavel Valentenko.

In continuing news, they've traded prospects Christian Thomas, Brady Skjei, and 2014 1st round pick for veteran rental, Jarome Iginla.

Tarot card readers say the Rangers are still getting bounced from the first round, if they make the playoffs at all.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Something doesn't add up. He wouldn't have come to NA for $100K. I'm sure he has signed a 2 yr deal, however even that doesn't make sense, since I doubt he would have settled for $700K. I'm sure he's making double that in the KHL. Weird
It helps burn a year off of his RFA status which is a good thing for him.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised if he's traded

Old
03-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Will this make him a UFA next year? If not it makes no sense since he will become UFA anyways after next season because of turning 27, no?

Old
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
sankaa

Quote:
Its all up to him now. Play good and make a (small) impact and get a contract. If not, he will be back in Russia earning the big bucks.

Closed Thread