HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
  #976
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
Read the Quote from Norway coach about the Rangers ****T$ system.. Even he knows it Sucks..

Roy Johansen, the coach of Norway’s World Championship team, said that the Rangers are a bad fit for Zuccarello because they play “stone age hockey” by just dumping and chasing.



What does this say when a coach from outside the U.S. says the rangers system S*#KS....

lmfao.. Torts MUST GO!!!!!!
well if Roy Johansen says it....

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
  #977
The Sweetness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Zucc fits this years team better than last year. Last year we didn't have skill guys like Nash who could win the board battles and benefit from MZA's skill. It was either Gabby and/or Richards and no size or guys like Prust with little skill.

Hopefully Zucc fits with Nash. At the least our powerplay and skill I'm shootouts should improve.

The Sweetness is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
  #978
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,898
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
This is a move that reeks of desperation. It's no knock on Zuccarello, but how many of us figured that this late in the season we'd be depending on him to inject some offense into the team? Sad, sad state of affairs.
Looking at the Pens recent moves, it shows the importance of a productive Gaborik and Richards. While those two are nowhere near the calibre of player of Malkin and Crosby, if Richards and Gaboriki were even producing half as much as last year and Stepan and Nash were doing what they were doing, the Rangers would be looking to fill holes/upgrade positions the way the Pens are.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
  #979
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
wonder when he'll be ready to play for us

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #980
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,898
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
Read the Quote from Norway coach about the Rangers ****T$ system.. Even he knows it Sucks..

Roy Johansen, the coach of Norway’s World Championship team, said that the Rangers are a bad fit for Zuccarello because they play “stone age hockey” by just dumping and chasing.



What does this say when a coach from outside the U.S. says the rangers system S*#KS....

lmfao.. Torts MUST GO!!!!!!
Roy Johansen is like EF Hutton — when he speaks, people listen. And with all the Cups Johansen has won, I've sure Torts is taking notes.

Ridiculous.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
  #981
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,421
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Looking at the Pens recent moves, it shows the importance of a productive Gaborik and Richards. While those two are nowhere near the calibre of player of Malkin and Crosby, if Richards and Gaboriki were even producing half as much as last year and Stepan and Nash were doing what they were doing, the Rangers would be looking to fill holes/upgrade positions the way the Pens are.
Shamelessly OT, but "Gaboriki" is so much fun to say.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
  #982
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
#NYR Plan is for both Zuccarello and Fast to travel to North America tmrw.
https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/...67906475466752

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
  #983
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,419
vCash: 500
Awards:
The roster as it was constructed during the offseason has been a failure. The assembly of the bottom lines was a disaster. If it worked as Sather and the organization planned, I really doubt they'd be looking at Zuccarello. They'd be adding a couple more veteran bangers to supplement what we have. Not adding an inexperienced midget that they've been jerking around for a couple years.

Adding Ferriero and Mashinter. Waiving Halpern. All the other ******** tinkering. It's all a half-assed attempt to find something to give us a spark.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
  #984
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
awesome i wonder if Lindberg is next.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
  #985
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The roster as it was constructed during the offseason has been a failure. The assembly of the bottom lines was a disaster. If it worked as Sather and the organization planned, I really doubt they'd be looking at Zuccarello. They'd be adding a couple more veteran bangers to supplement what we have. Not adding an inexperienced midget that they've been jerking around for a couple years.

Adding Ferriero and Mashinter. Waiving Halpern. All the other ******** tinkering. It's all a half-assed attempt to find something to give us a spark.
Nailed it. Another season with a mish-mash of incompatible parts.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:19 AM
  #986
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Nailed it. Another season with a mish-mash of incompatible parts.
100% agree. The mish-mash of players just simply has not worked.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:20 AM
  #987
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko 26m
#Metallurg GM Gennadi Velichkin says Mats Zuccarello is going to return to Magnitogorsk next season #Rangers #NHL #KHL
Not sure that is 100% correct or not. If the Rangers offer him a contract he has a NHL out clause.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
  #988
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
100% agree. The mish-mash of players just simply has not worked.
It also didn't help that Kreider was not ready to play top 6 mins, and that both your top C and RW have contributed like 3rd liners...and that practically all the D has been just OK/avg...and that our Vezina goalie has been human this year...

Graves94 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
  #989
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,898
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The roster as it was constructed during the offseason has been a failure. The assembly of the bottom lines was a disaster. If it worked as Sather and the organization planned, I really doubt they'd be looking at Zuccarello. They'd be adding a couple more veteran bangers to supplement what we have. Not adding an inexperienced midget that they've been jerking around for a couple years.

Adding Ferriero and Mashinter. Waiving Halpern. All the other ******** tinkering. It's all a half-assed attempt to find something to give us a spark.
See, that's what I find so confusing. Was the roster really so poorly constructed during the offseason?

They were going to have a top scoring and a two-way line that could produce offensively with some combinations of Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider and Callahan.

They were going to have a third line that was going to be defensive and shut down than last season because they basically swapped Boyle for Anisimov. But there was the chance to generate some offense as Boyle should be able to score 7 goals in a shortened season and they replaced Fedotenko with Pyatt and they would have the spare forward who didn't slot in in the tops six.

The fourth line should have been the same as last year with Asham replacing Prust, Halpern bringing less offense than Boyle but better defense and Rupp was Rupp (they actually upgraded that spot when they got Powe).

Anytime two of your top players are struggling like Richards and Gaborik, things fall apart. But to mean, the construct of the roster wasn't that erroneous. To my earlier post, if Gaborik and Richards were producing, then it would be easy to try to add offense to the third and fourth lines.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:28 AM
  #990
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
$700,000 pro-rated in a 99 day season is $372,580. How many days will Zuccarello be on the roster? There are 33 days remaining as of today. By the time Zuccarello arrives and gets all of his paperwork/physical out of the way,30 days left. Zuccarello will make about $113,000 in salary for the rest of this season. That's it.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:30 AM
  #991
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Not sure that is 100% correct or not. If the Rangers offer him a contract he has a NHL out clause.
What type of NHL contract will the Rangers offer him? The Rangers brought the player back for $100K plus in salary for the rest of this season. Zuccarello is returning to the KHL.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
  #992
Cuddles
Registered User
 
Cuddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
According to norwegian newspaper Zuccarello have been told to meet up with the team in to meet up with the team in Ottawa so i assume he will be ready for that game

Cuddles is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
  #993
iceman9999
Registered User
 
iceman9999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
See, that's what I find so confusing. Was the roster really so poorly constructed during the offseason?

They were going to have a top scoring and a two-way line that could produce offensively with some combinations of Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider and Callahan.

They were going to have a third line that was going to be defensive and shut down than last season because they basically swapped Boyle for Anisimov. But there was the chance to generate some offense as Boyle should be able to score 7 goals in a shortened season and they replaced Fedotenko with Pyatt and they would have the spare forward who didn't slot in in the tops six.

The fourth line should have been the same as last year with Asham replacing Prust, Halpern bringing less offense than Boyle but better defense and Rupp was Rupp (they actually upgraded that spot when they got Powe).

Anytime two of your top players are struggling like Richards and Gaborik, things fall apart. But to mean, the construct of the roster wasn't that erroneous. To my earlier post, if Gaborik and Richards were producing, then it would be easy to try to add offense to the third and fourth lines.


I know the Nash trade was a good one, but have been following ((Anisimov)) and I am very happy that he is on a team were he can be let go to score goals. I know its a short season but its nice that he has 9 Goals this year.. I bet next season with a full schedule he will score at least 25 goals.. Thank god he is away from Torts system because I know he can score goals..

I wish him all the luck in the future, he now has a chance to see what he can do without a ball & Chain around his neck..

iceman9999 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:34 AM
  #994
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What type of NHL contract will the Rangers offer him? The Rangers brought the player back for $100K plus in salary for the rest of this season. Zuccarello is returning to the KHL.
Something doesn't add up. He wouldn't have come to NA for $100K. I'm sure he has signed a 2 yr deal, however even that doesn't make sense, since I doubt he would have settled for $700K. I'm sure he's making double that in the KHL. Weird

Graves94 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:35 AM
  #995
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,316
vCash: 500
Welcome back Zuc!

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
  #996
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
This just in, in further acts to bolster their offense the Rangers have signed F Jarkko Immonen from the KHL. For added defensive depth, they've signed blueliners Ivan Baranka and Pavel Valentenko.

In continuing news, they've traded prospects Christian Thomas, Brady Skjei, and 2014 1st round pick for veteran rental, Jarome Iginla.



Tarot card readers say the Rangers are still getting bounced from the first round, if they make the playoffs at all.

vipernsx is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
  #997
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Something doesn't add up. He wouldn't have come to NA for $100K. I'm sure he has signed a 2 yr deal, however even that doesn't make sense, since I doubt he would have settled for $700K. I'm sure he's making double that in the KHL. Weird
It helps burn a year off of his RFA status which is a good thing for him.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
  #998
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
It helps burn a year off of his RFA status which is a good thing for him.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's traded

Graves94 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:46 AM
  #999
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
It helps burn a year off of his RFA status which is a good thing for him.
Will this make him a UFA next year? If not it makes no sense since he will become UFA anyways after next season because of turning 27, no?

Hellion is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
  #1000
sankaa
Registered User
 
sankaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Not sure that is 100% correct or not. If the Rangers offer him a contract he has a NHL out clause.
Its all up to him now. Play good and make a (small) impact and get a contract. If not, he will be back in Russia earning the big bucks.

sankaa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.