HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins win over Toronto 3-2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 09:10 AM
  #251
doubleculprit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
I still don't see it. The Bruins were unwatchable for most of the night. Seguin is still turning the puck over every chance he gets and Horton was as bad as he's been all year. I'll take the two points, but I'm no believer just yet.

doubleculprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:11 AM
  #252
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post


If Only Geoff Ward was so good with the PP.
That's hysterical.

If that happened in Montreal? We'd have to build a statue next to Orr's.

Someone has to photoshop that so he winks or makes a troll face or something.

Edit: Watch at the end how the guy looks up at the cieling! "What the fuuuuu...."? I hope he's one of those conspiracy people. Now you know how those people are created.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:23 AM
  #253
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair
 
Shoebottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 7 steps from my can
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
That's hysterical.

If that happened in Montreal? We'd have to build a statue next to Orr's.

Someone has to photoshop that so he winks or makes a troll face or something.

Edit: Watch at the end how the guy looks up at the cieling! "What the fuuuuu...."? I hope he's one of those conspiracy people. Now you know how those people are created.
Was that Mario Lemieux lol? "Here you go Mario, some extra scratch for you".

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
  #254
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I guess I really need to see a complete 60 minute effort before I buy that they're out of this funk. That being said, I don't think they're as bad as they've played during this stretch, and that it will end with a truly dominant performance sooner rather than later.
The thing you should be happy a/b is; far less stupid passes in their own zone, less hail mary passes that get picked off. Which is where all the turnovers were coming from. They dominated territorially.

CJ is allowing his Dmen to jump into the attack. Not just pinch. Well, unless Hamiltion and Siedenberg are doing "Herbies" right now.

I hope he doesn't go back to the old lines, and tinkers w/ them even more.

At least we haven't seen Pandawful Krejci and Horton. Yet.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:33 AM
  #255
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
The thing you should be happy a/b is; far less stupid passes in their own zone, less hail mary passes that get picked off. Which is where all the turnovers were coming from. They dominated territorially.

CJ is allowing his Dmen to jump into the attack. Not just pinch. Well, unless Hamiltion and Siedenberg are doing "Herbies" right now.

I hope he doesn't go back to the old lines, and tinkers w/ them even more.

At least we haven't seen Pandawful Krejci and Horton. Yet.
Yup. That was certainly better last night. The one thing that still bothers me about their style of play is that I think the d tends to reverse too much most of the time, IMO. I get that you want a clean break out, but it's to the point of absurdity. Worst part is that they'd reverse 3-4 times and still turn it over. Sometimes, the best play is the first one you have. I also think this pattern of reversing is limiting the chances they have to catch the other team's d before it's been set.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:35 AM
  #256
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean
 
11MilesPerJohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McLean Hospital
Country: United States
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
Yeah, that was encouraging...I know it's tough to expect a 19 year old to come into the NHL and be physical and in certain situations throw some elbows, I know I saw a few clips of him fighting in juniors which would be the next step I'd love to see him take...By no means do I ever expect him to be a tough guy but if he can be an offensive presence, play well defensively and occasionally drop the gloves and hold his own that'd be awesome
Based on what I had heard about him, and based on what I had seen of him, I didn't expect his game to be overly physical. That being said, I have been pleasantly surprised thus far. He seems to have no issue being physical when necessary, and overall has done a nice job when he has needed to take the body.

Last night, however, I really felt like he was throwing his body around with bad intentions, and like I said, there was a little more nastiness to his game. I also feel, as you do, that that part of the game is something that he will develop over time, to what extent we shall see.

There is a difference between being a physical player, like Seidenberg for example, and a physical presence like Chara or Pronger for example. I think it will be hard for him to reach the nastiness of the latter two, but I certainly think he can bring a physical game to the ice night in and night out like a Seidenberg does. And like you said, drop the gloves when needed.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
  #257
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Yup. That was certainly better last night. The one thing that still bothers me about their style of play is that I think the d tends to reverse too much most of the time, IMO. I get that you want a clean break out, but it's to the point of absurdity. Worst part is that they'd reverse 3-4 times and still turn it over. Sometimes, the best play is the first one you have. I also think this pattern of reversing is limiting the chances they have to catch the other team's d before it's been set.
I think they were trying to stretch out the D too much. But everyone sends in a 2 man forecheck against Boston. Instead of forwards getting open low, short passes and skating, all our D were seeing as opposing jerseys in their face. Hence the 15 reversals and self defeating 15 D to D passes. Yeah, reversing it 11 times then still getting picked off is going to erode your confidence.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:42 AM
  #258
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I think they were trying to stretch out the D too much. But everyone sends in a 2 man forecheck against Boston. Instead of forwards getting open low, short passes and skating, all our D were seeing as opposing jerseys in their face. Hence the 15 reversals and self defeating 15 D to D passes. Yeah, reversing it 11 times then still getting picked off is going to erode your confidence.
Exactly. To me, reversing it repeatedly instead of putting the pressure on the other team is maddening. I hate it. You have a chance for a quick up, but rather than taking it, you play it safe and reverse, reverse, reverse, and then turn it over anyways? Man that drives me crazy...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:56 AM
  #259
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Agreed. They went back to being uninspired once they all joined back up...
Pretty much... my question is what's the message being sent to the players? Get slack, and we'll eventually move you down in the lines for a period, maybe two if you're really unimpressive.

Lucic looked great beside Peverley imo. Peverley plays a simpler game then Krejci and that imo plays to Lucic's strengths. One of the main reasons I think he has chemistry with Seguin who plays a very north/south/shoot game. Paille really surprised me as well, guy looked like a top 6 forward with Bergeron and Seguin. Krejci and Marchand started to click a little as well though they'd likely take more time to gell.

Should of stuck with it imo.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
  #260
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Pretty much... my question is what's the message being sent to the players? Get slack, and we'll eventually move you down in the lines for a period, maybe two if you're really unimpressive.

Lucic looked great beside Peverley imo. Peverley plays a simpler game then Krejci and that imo plays to Lucic's strengths. One of the main reasons I think he has chemistry with Seguin who plays a very north/south/shoot game. Paille really surprised me as well, guy looked like a top 6 forward with Bergeron and Seguin. Krejci and Marchand started to click a little as well though they'd likely take more time to gell.

Should of stuck with it imo.
Well I am not sure why he went back-but two things glared with the new lines-Horton is lost on his line and behind more often than not and Pandolfo can't even help the 4th line do much.

4th line missed Paille, but Paille fit well with Bergeron.

I don't know exactly when in the 3rd Julien shortened to three lines (used the KHL and BMS lines with the hodge podge PPC). I wonder if some of the motivation wasn't so this shortened bench would make for an easy switch.

I actually thought Lucic looked good with Peverly and Caron probably had his best game this season-more than anything else I am led to conclude that Peverly just isn't the kind of player that pulls struggling players up but needs people as talented or more talented to perform well.

Peverly looked like a different player with Caron and Lucic than he has with anyone else this season.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
  #261
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Johnny Bran Muffins
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 17,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
mother ****er... did NBC take every MTL game this season? :|

I want to hear Jack during those games.. not Eddie O, Pierre and Doc.
2-3-2 in games with an NBC broadcast. Half of their total losses.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:27 AM
  #262
Killer B
Honey Badger
 
Killer B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
For what it's worth, I like watching the Bruins play from behind as opposed to playing with a lead...

Killer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
  #263
bosbruin
Registered User
 
bosbruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
I've read a lot of these comments and I can't believe people are satisfied with that win. That was not a very good performance and if they play like that against the Habs, it's going to be a long night for the B's. They looked slow and out of sync a lot. This is just my opinion.

bosbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:37 AM
  #264
Sigh
Because Pasta
 
Sigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere cold
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
That's hysterical.

If that happened in Montreal? We'd have to build a statue next to Orr's.

Someone has to photoshop that so he winks or makes a troll face or something.

Edit: Watch at the end how the guy looks up at the cieling! "What the fuuuuu...."? I hope he's one of those conspiracy people. Now you know how those people are created.
From the main board:

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:43 AM
  #265
doubleculprit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
I've read a lot of these comments and I can't believe people are satisfied with that win. That was not a very good performance and if they play like that against the Habs, it's going to be a long night for the B's. They looked slow and out of sync a lot. This is just my opinion.
Put me in your camp, because I was not impressed last night at all. That early turn over by Seguin had my blood boiling. If I were Julien, I would fine anyone who tried a drop pass $1000 dollars. I don't understand where all of these cute little plays are coming from, but they have to go. Get the blue line, put it on, and drive the net! What happened to that? I can't stand the way these guys are playing right now. They don't score, they don't hit, and they don't fight. Those were the luckiest two points all year.

doubleculprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  #266
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 28,674
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
It's crazy. When he scored that goal, I actually got goosebumps. Not necessarily because of the actual goal itself (although it came off a great rush, and demonstrated some patience to watch the 5 hole for the right time), but because I even felt relief for the guy. He's struggled, I don't think anyone denies that....but you just knew how much scoring that goal meant to him....by extension, the whole team.

Good night.
I loved how everyone on the B's and the guys behing the bench were so happy for Looch. .

__________________
Better Luck next year
Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
  #267
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 28,674
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
I'm the biggest Lucic hater there is but I gave a good solid expletive filled yell when he potted that goal Very positive.


That was a great goal.
How can you hate Looch ?

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:09 AM
  #268
hemispheres
Registered User
 
hemispheres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boston,ma.
Country: United States
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
When the other team is playing well, and you are currently giving big minutes to guys like Aaron Johnson, Matt Bartkowski and a rookie on D, how dominant do you think they're going to be?

IMO they played as well as they could play with that lineup last night. Rask was clearly fighting it and the lines were trying to build some chemistry, and they still managed to outplay and eventually beat a playoff team playing with confidence. I thought it was impressive. In terms of effort it was there for 60 minutes.
Maybe we should hire the Ottawa senators coaches as a consulting firm(poor Excuse)They have looked bad for quite a while now. I guess they deserve credit for squeeking out a win last night to an inferior team. If they go on a 3 to 4 game winning streak, and Lucic is contributing I will feel better. People seem to be acting as if they just won a playoff game.

hemispheres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
  #269
CDJ
Registered User
 
CDJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 9,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
How can you hate Looch ?
I'm sure it's just relative to everybody else. Because no Bruins fan should actually even mildly dislike Lucic, let alone hate.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
  #270
hemispheres
Registered User
 
hemispheres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boston,ma.
Country: United States
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
How can you hate Looch ?
We will find out in a couple of games.

hemispheres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:27 AM
  #271
hemispheres
Registered User
 
hemispheres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boston,ma.
Country: United States
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
I'm sure it's just relative to everybody else. Because no Bruins fan should actually even mildly dislike Lucic, let alone hate.
Well lets call it a Love Hate feeling then.

hemispheres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
  #272
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
How can you hate Looch ?
Probably because he wines like peyton manning and he can't control his temper.

Other than that if he uses his speed and has some speedy linemates I think he's one of the better players on the team.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
  #273
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 28,674
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Bergy is like that faithful dog who never let you down. What an amazing player...
There was a little guy in the front seat with his Dad. I would guess he was 5.

He was so excited about sitting next to the B's and seemed to know all of them.

After the shoot out his Dad was going to leave but I told him so stay because the 3 stars of the game give away signed sticks to kids.

Bergy was the last to skate out and he skated across the ice and than headed back and gave the little kid the stick. He was so excited he couldn't speak Very cute.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
  #274
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever
 
bobbyorr04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
There was a little guy in the front seat with his Dad. I would guess he was 5.

He was so excited about sitting next to the B's and seemed to know all of them.

After the shoot out his Dad was going to leave but I told him so stay because the 3 stars of the game give away signed sticks to kids.

Bergy was the last to skate out and he skated across the ice and than headed back and gave the little kid the stick. He was so excited he couldn't speak Very cute.
That was very nice of you to let the Dad know about the signed sticks...and I bet the look on the little guys face was priceless.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
  #275
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 28,674
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr04 View Post
That was very nice of you to let the Dad know about the signed sticks...and I bet the look on the little guys face was priceless.
It was. I am glad Bergy gave him the stick.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.