HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sens and Ducks interested in Derek Roy.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:31 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i hope to god we dont give up noesen or a first for roy. Stick to the rebuild plan murray.
Sens are 18-9-6
Spezza, Karlsson, Andersson and Michalek have been injured for the most part

The rebuild is done in Ottawa… we are at the stage now where we move pieces to load up and go on cup runs.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:35 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

I don't see the Senators being overly interested in Roy unless they can get him for peanuts. Murray has stated many times that he isn't looking to bring in rentals, and there is no way he gives up quality assets for any player that doesn't fit into the rebuild ala kyle turris.

Besides, center is the last position that the Sens need to pad. They need a big top 6 winger more then anything

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:38 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Sens are 18-9-6

The rebuild is done in Ottawa… we are at the stage now where we move pieces to load up and go on cup runs.
I highly doubt that the Sens give up some future for a cup run with Karlsson and Cowen out for the year, Spezza hobbling back into the lineup after the trade deadline and no idea what's going to happen with Michalek.

Next year maybe, but not now.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
I highly doubt that the Sens give up some future for a cup run with Karlsson and Cowen out for the year, Spezza hobbling back into the lineup after the trade deadline and no idea what's going to happen with Michalek.

Next year maybe, but not now.
Roy would not be my target and I don't think the Sens have a lot of interest in him.

But I think Ottawa would be willing to pay a good amount in futures for a legit first line winger who has term on his contract.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:46 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Well that's my question, is Turris capable of moving to the wing and beinf effective? If that's a yes, then a Spezza/Roy 1-2 would be great.
I think Turris moving to wing is possible, if I recall, he's been paired on Spezza's line and had some successes there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
I doubt we get Roy

Rather Eriksson or Jagr if we deal with Dallas
Jagr is a possibility (though I doubt Ottawa wants to spend assets on someone that could retire at any given moment, and I doubt Jagr wants to move from Dallas considering he's become comfortable and accustomed to the city). Good luck getting Eriksson though.

Last edited by JS19: 03-26-2013 at 01:52 PM.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:50 PM
bobo84

Quote:
Sens are 18-9-6

Once those players come back and guys like Turris, Silfverberg, Wiercioch etc. get bumped down and start playing fewer minutes it's hard to predict if they will still be as effective. Logically you would think being sheltered by other good players will make them even better but its not always what happens. You probably don't see Gonchar playing as great as he is this year if Karlsson is still in the line up and playing 25-30 minutes as the primary offensive threat.

I wait and see how things play out before declaring the rebuild over. Besides I don't see us making a serious push in a year where we won't have Karlsson.

bobo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
BigG44

Let's try this ...

Is Noesen a deal breaker for the Ottawa Senators? We don't have to worry about the pick. It could be something similar to the Morrow trade even where Dallas potentially adds. Personally ... I don't think they would, but let's just see if the base part of the trade is agreeable.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:53 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Roy would not be my target and I don't think the Sens have a lot of interest in him.

But I think Ottawa would be willing to pay a good amount in futures for a legit first line winger who has term on his contract.
I agree, as long as it's a player that would be around for a while, like u said with term.

I don't see the Sens having much of an interest in Roy either unless he can play wing, and even then I doubt they'd give up as much as some other teams would for a ufa. Nor should they

Old
03-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
I think Turris moving to wing is possible, if I recall, he's been paired on Spezza's line and had some successes there?
Turris has never played wing for the Sens. He did a bit on the Yotes, however.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Let's try this ...

Is Noesen a deal breaker for the Ottawa Senators? We don't have to worry about the pick. It could be something similar to the Morrow trade even where Dallas potentially adds. Personally ... I don't think they would, but let's just see if the base part of the trade is agreeable.
its not for me. i wouldnt trade Noesen for UFA Roy.
Im not sure id trade Noesen for a signed Roy, he doesnt fill a need.

All this talk of "we could move Turris to the wing" is just that - all talk.
The guy has an awesome shot that doesnt necessarily mean he's a winger! If you watch him play he's a puck carrier, the core of his game is carrying the puck and creating offence - how does that work as a winger on Spezza's line?

It doesnt.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZKingK View Post
SENS don`t have a second in 2013

DaCosta + ?
i'd do dacosta + 2014 2nd, but that probably doesnt get it done.

Dallas will want 2013 1st/noesen/puempel, and i'm not really willing to do that at this stage of the rebuild for another playmaking center.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:20 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Let's try this ...

For me Noesen in exchange for Roy is a no go. I don't understand Ottawa being interested in Roy. They have Spezza, Turris and Smith as 1,2,3 and that's very good and Zibanejad in the wings. Get help at wing.

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:21 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Roy to Anaheim for Smith-Pelly and 2013 1st

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Clamshells

Roy played on a line with Spezza a few years ago at the World Championships.

maybe they're looking to reconnect that line (minus dany boy)

Clamshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Noesen for Roy would be ok with me, in reply to the Stars fan who posted that. However, my concern is the same as others: We don't have a need for a centerman right now. I personally wouldn't make that deal. Good player, but that trade shifts our lineup too much and, more importantly, might leave some of our current players unhappy.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
IranCondraAffair

I'd rather eat hot garbage than see Roy in a Sens uniform. It's not just the diving that bothers me eiher, I honestly think he'd make the team worse.

I wouldn't give up anything for him. I would rather miss the playoffs than win a series because of contributions from Roy.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
You would trade *****? Why? I caught a few Ducks games a couple of weeks ago and he was outstanding. Very good bottom 6 player that knows how to play his role well.

He might be very useful for you guys in the playoffs.
I wouldn't want to. Not if I could avoid it. I think the Ducks are missing Bonino in the line-up right now.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Gillis would be insane to not go after roy, prob the best guy available right now at the deadline.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:46 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Gillis would be insane to not go after roy, prob the best guy available right now at the deadline.
Schroeder and a pick for Roy

Or

Jensen for Roy and a Dallas pick

Interest Canuck fans at all?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

No interest in Noesen for Roy.

Maybe Da Costa?

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:53 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Sens are 18-9-6

that sounds like the muckler-logic that got us into this mess in the first place.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:58 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
I'd rather eat hot garbage than see Roy in a Sens uniform. It's not just the diving that bothers me eiher, I honestly think he'd make the team worse.

I wouldn't give up anything for him. I would rather miss the playoffs than win a series because of contributions from Roy.
Well you dont understand hockey thats why, I hope no one associates you with the rest of the sens fans. You also said Brier wouldnt help meanwhile Peter Regin plays the 6th most of all forwards last night.

Id trade Noesen for Roy as long as they sign him for 3 years.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:01 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
that sounds like the muckler-logic that got us into this mess in the first place.
Does it even help? For instance, if 12/16 of the last cup teams added a rental, but 12/16 playoff teams add someone, then it means you're just as likely to make it without a rental, etc...

Someone should do some research, because I'm kind of tired of seeing teams add a bunch of guys for NO REASON.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
BK201

Honestly from Ottawa the most movable prospects seem to be Puempel(who I actually really like, natural goal scorer with good skating and good vision i think he'll be a good player) and Shane Prince( can score, make plays and is also pretty fast) that would hold value.

Most sens fans probably agree even though these are the types of player we lack.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
crayzy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
The going asking price for Roy from what i have seen around the web is a 1st + Mid level prospect or a 2nd+ higher end prospect.
This seems like alot to give up for a player who hasn't eclipsed 55 points since the 2006-2007 Season

crayzy8 is offline   Reply With Quote