HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Montreal

Old
03-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterlid View Post
Right, and Loui's just a scrub right? Habs fans are something else..
Ahh yes, that's exactly what I said. Eriksson is a scrub apparently.

Get real and stop with the woah is me bit. Eriksson is a fine player and a building block for sure. PK Subban is a dynamic, franchise defenseman who is beloved in the city of MTL. There is zero reason to trade him for any winger, so stop taking offense.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Says the Habs fan!
So I have to be a fan of another team to recognize PK Subban's importance to his team? That makes a ton of sense.

Dallas fans aren't allowed to say Eriksson is good, going to have to wait for other teams fans to comment on him I guess.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:13 PM
LordHelmet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
What a terrible excuse for a terrible trade. Trade him when his value is lowest...brilliant!

Neal had a rough patch and still had 21 goals and 60 points in 59 games when he was traded. LOL!
I don't know what you're looking at, but your numbers are completely wrong. He had 39 points in 59 games prior to the trade.

He started great, putting up 28 pts in the first 29 games and was +11.

In the next 30 games, he put up only 11, most of which were in a 7 game stretch, and went -3. If you watched the games, you knew that he did not look good doing it either. Lots of mistakes and floating around.

In his 20 games to finish the season in Pittsburgh, only put up 6 points.

Bottom line, he played well to start the season, but stunk for the remainder of it (49 games, 17 pts, -4).

He didn't turn in to 40 goal Neal until the following season, and with Richards moving on and the Stars not having Malkin, it's highly unlikely that he would have turned into that in Dallas.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
busterlid

Agree to disagree i guess. Your knowledge on the Stars organization is severely limited and i see no point in arguing with you.

busterlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Agree to disagree i guess. Your knowledge on the Stars organization is severely limited and i see no point in arguing with you.
I need to have knowledge on the Stars organization to recognize talent in a game I've played and watched my entire life?

Old
03-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
So I have to be a fan of another team to recognize PK Subban's importance to his team? That makes a ton of sense.

Dallas fans aren't allowed to say Eriksson is good, going to have to wait for other teams fans to comment on him I guess.
To make outlandish claims that Subban is more important to Montreal than Eriksson is to Dallas is about as homerish as one can get! Congrats Subban is your be all end all savior, i'm happy for you! Erkisson is just as important to Dallas as Subban is to Montreal, Suter is to Minn., Crosby is to Pitt. and so on!

We could care less what other HF members think of Eriksson frankly. If you or anyone else wants to think he is worthless, 3rd liner or overrated then by all means think that. I guess we will have to stick with out 70+ player for the last 3 seasons and move forward.

Quote:
I need to have knowledge on the Stars organization to recognize talent in a game I've played and watched my entire life?
Well if your so called expertise allows you to see Eriksson as nothing special then i suggest you call whatever career in hockey you may have as finished.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
To make outlandish claims that Subban is more important to Montreal than Eriksson is to Dallas is about as homerish as one can get! Congrats Subban is your be all end all savior, i'm happy for you! Erkisson is just as important to Dallas as Subban is to Montreal, Suter is to Minn., Crosby is to Pitt. and so on!

We could care less what other HF members think of Eriksson frankly. If you or anyone else wants to think he is worthless, 3rd liner or overrated then by all means think that. I guess we will have to stick with out 70+ player for the last 3 seasons and move forward.
haha, the best way to strengthen an argument is to put words into someone elses mouth.

Pretty sure I said Eriksson is a building block, aka a very important player to his team. And I thought MTL fans were defensive.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Habsawce

Quote:

Well if your so called expertise allows you to see Eriksson as nothing special then i suggest you call whatever career in hockey you may have as finished.
Once again, reading comprehension could be your friend if you let it into your life.

Eriksson is a building block for Dallas. PK Subban is a franchise defenseman for MTL, they do not hold equal value and both teams would most likely not want to move either.

How is this hard to understand?

Old
03-26-2013, 01:34 PM
busterlid

Quote:

I'm with you here. I believe his availability to be purely speculation.

busterlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

vCash: 50
The value is there, but I'm not sure the Habs will give up Gallagher when he's playing like he is right now.

Plus, don't the Habs already have a ****load of wingers?

Gionta, Pacioretty, Ryder, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Gallagher

I don't think Eriksson wants to play 2nd line minutes. If I'm the Habs, I want another Top-6 Center. Eller isn't quite ready for the role yet, but he'd make an outstanding 3rd line center.

Derek Roy?

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:39 PM
sansabri
Harvey was bad luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
The value is there, but I'm not sure the Habs will give up Gallagher when he's playing like he is right now.

I don't think Eriksson wants to play 2nd line minutes. If I'm the Habs, I want another Top-6 Center. Eller isn't quite ready for the role yet, but he'd make an outstanding 3rd line center.

Derek Roy?
if the Habs somehow got Eriksson, he would become our best forward. he wouldn't get 2nd line minutes.

also, we're filled to the brim with centers. no need for Roy.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post

Derek Roy?
If Dallas loses Derek Roy I would be okay with trading DD to them, as close as a replacement as you could hope for but signed for 4 more years at $3.5 million per year. Cole scored 35 goals on the same line with DD, so I'm sure there would be a chance that the two of them would have some chemistry if they played together in Dallas.

Instead of wanting a centre, we've been more preoccupied with trading one or two of them.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Ahh yes, that's exactly what I said. Eriksson is a scrub apparently.

Get real and stop with the woah is me bit. Eriksson is a fine player and a building block for sure. PK Subban is a dynamic, franchise defenseman who is beloved in the city of MTL. There is zero reason to trade him for any winger, so stop taking offense.
There's zero reason to trade Eriksson for anything but a #1 defender.

Some people...

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
There's zero reason to trade Eriksson for anything but a #1 defender.

Some people...
And there's zero reason to trade a PK Subban for a winger

Who brought this up anyway

Old
03-26-2013, 06:39 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Thank you! People also seem to forget that Pittsburgh was originally asking for Benn in the Goligoski deal. I'd trade Neal a thousand times before i trade Benn once.
They asked for Benn? If they did it was as a matter of course and one would assume the Stars asked for Letang.

Neal was always going to be the one traded if one were going to be traded. Benn was never on the table.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote