HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

(TOR) Mark Fraser to Edmonton

Old
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
blueNwhite89

vCash: 500
Only way I could see him being traded is part of a package for an upgrade at C or a top 4 d-man. Absoluty no reason to trade him for picks unless it's an overpayment.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
Only way I could see him being traded is part of a package for an upgrade at C or a top 4 d-man. Absoluty no reason to trade him for picks unless it's an overpayment.
This.

Not really for sale, but you're welcome to shop around - we have many other wares whom might tickle your fancy for a very reasonable price.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
quat

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
He's like this years Jason Garrison except the defensive D-man version. I wouldn't trade him for what SJS got for Murray and that's a lot. If we traded him we'd have to find someone just like him for a playoff run.
Garrison is a defensive D man. He also happens to own a solid shot, but any offense is really just gravy.

Nice that Fraser is showing some solid play.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:05 PM
kihei

vCash: 4535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak View Post
2nd and a 3rd...probably more at the deadline though
And how do we replace what he brings to his role? It would have to be something way more tempting than that.

Actually, funny to think of it, but most of us are really very happy with all our bottom guys: Fraser; Franson; Komarov; McClement; McLaren; Orr. Don't want to see any of those players leave the Leafs soon.

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:48 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
He's worth more to Toronto than the 2nd or 3rd round pick a team would be willing to trade for him.

/end thread.
Given the 2nd would be Edmonton's, I'd take a chance with that deal.

Fraser has been stellar in his role this year and there is little incentive to trade him, so if the Oilers want to make deal, they need to overpay. The Leafs have other players in the system who can fill his role effectively (Holzer, Kostka).

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
He is worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and we have absolutely no interest in trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Given how well Fraser has been playing for the Leafs this season, I can't see why they would trade him.. unless, of course, they were offered a return that they just couldn't refuse.

He and Franson have become a very good shut-down pairing for the Leafs this season.. why break them up now?

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
bigfatfist

I'm pretty neutral to the guy, but I find it interesting that he's getting the 'second coming' treatment here while at the same time getting shredded on pension plan puppets.

"So Mark Fraser is like the Anti-Holzer for this season. He seems to be getting a complete and total get out of jail free card / pass to the fun house on Sundays from the press because he has a nice +/- rating, he hits people, he likes to fight Randy Carlyle style, and yanno... he's a good guy that thinks blocking shots is the type of "craziness" that wins. He gives interviews about how Randy is implementing the vaunted NJ Devils D schemes (apparently they're doing a bang up job of that - or not so much). He also seems like a stand up dude and very approachable.

In his other life as a New Jersey Devil he was even passable defensively. Unfortunately in his current incarnation as an AHL call up to the Toronto Maple Leafs, he isn't. His situational difficulty is below average in terms of difficulty. His SDI Residual Score is WAY below average in terms of comparison to expected defensive results. He's basically running around in his own end while the other team turns things into a shooting gallery.

Sure he's blocking shots, but that's because the other team has the puck all the time, and Mark seems to get in the way on occasion. He's not doing a good job defensively, and all this talk of his huge impact on the blue line really needs to stop. He makes the team worse, and I don't care that he'll run through a wall to win, because that isn't what MAKES teams win. Unless you're trying to win a contest to see who can run through the most walls... in which case, have at it... but yeah - this is hockey."

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
2nd round pick, but he's such a solid presence back there..

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Being that I am a leaf's fan myself, its obvious that every time some1 asks for a value of a player every other leaf's fan says "untouchable/not moving" players have to move, every1 has a price, but it is unlikely that it would be something like a 2nd or 3rd for him straight up, it would likely be a prospect swap or part of a little bit larger exchange or something like that, hes proving that he is a good bottom pairing tough guy that is hard to play against

Mikeyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:46 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

First of all, he is not 6'3 200 lbs. He is in fact 6'4 220 lbs!

He is a heavyweight fighter and plays a great shut down role in Toronto. Can't see T.O moving him.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote