HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jussi Jokinen (CAR)

Old
03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He's being misused. We tried him at 2C and it didn't work, move on to plan B now and get Bolland back to doing what he did so well for so many years.
I'd love that because it'd be awesome to have Shaw down on the 4th line. Thats a hell of a 4th line with Shaw-Kruger-Frolik. Light in the pants but can skate and hustle their butts off.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
He's being misused. We tried him at 2C and it didn't work, move on to plan B now and get Bolland back to doing what he did so well for so many years.
If he doesn't want a raise, then yes. A thousand times yes.

Trance Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Shaw's a premiere shutdown centre capable of scoring 18-20 goals and 40+ points per year?

Whether he's the 2nd line centre or the third, Bolland's still Bolland. The team isn't having trouble scoring and their at the top of the standings. It's a "hole" because people want it to be.
Oh god, no.

Bolland hasn't been Bolland on the 2nd line. That's where the frustration is coming from.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I'd love that because it'd be awesome to have Shaw down on the 4th line. Thats a hell of a 4th line with Shaw-Kruger-Frolik. Light in the pants but can skate and hustle their butts off.
Agreed. Cast support and hate aside. We need a 2C and it is Bowman's job to get one. He's got one week to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
If he doesn't want a raise, then yes. A thousand times yes.
Definitely, but that is a bridge we don't have to cross quite yet. I agree though, it will probably be unrealistic to sign him at 4M+. We'll have to see where the cap is then, could make sense then, but as of now, no, it doesn't.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:52 PM
JohnnyOduyasGirl27

Wow i'm surprised that Carolina Hurricanes is getting ride of Jussi Jokinen, i wouldn't mind if the Hawks get him!

JohnnyOduyasGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Definitely, but that is a bridge we don't have to cross quite yet. I agree though, it will probably be unrealistic to sign him at 4M+. We'll have to see where the cap is then, could make sense then, but as of now, no, it doesn't.
Yeah, like I said, we don't have to worry about it yet. It's still an issue that could be discussed, which is all I'm doing. I just don't want Bolland on the 2nd line.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:54 PM
moose vasko

If Danault develops over the next year and a half he makes Bolland expendable. I'm not expecting Danault to be as good as Bolland in the shutdown, but if he is able to do a decent job under and ELC contract it would give us an extra 2.4 million or so to pay up for a #2C to play with Kane. (I don't really see Shaw as the shutdown guy).

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:54 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Yeah, like I said, we don't have to worry about it yet. It's still an issue that could be discussed, which is all I'm doing. I just don't want Bolland on the 2nd line.
Agreed. I don't really see how people can still support that when it is clearly not working out. It's ok for even Bowman's Gate (that's what I like to talk them) to say, hey Stan, maybe we should try something else? At least Pirri.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Agreed. I don't really see how people can still support that when it is clearly not working out. It's ok for even Bowman's Gate (that's what I like to talk them) to say, hey Stan, maybe we should try something else? At least Pirri.
I think it's because we're at the top of the standings, but that doesn't mean we don't have problems on the team.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose vasko View Post
If Danault develops over the next year and a half he makes Bolland expendable. I'm not expecting Danault to be as good as Bolland in the shutdown, but if he is able to do a decent job under and ELC contract it would give us an extra 2.4 million or so to pay up for a #2C to play with Kane.
That was a point I made in another thread. The Hawks have a very nice set up over the next 3 years where guys going to UFA can be replaced with young RFAs.

If Danault or McNeil develop into what they are expected to be, Bolland is expendable when his contract is up.

Same can be said for Hammer and Oduya.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Oh god, no.

Bolland hasn't been Bolland on the 2nd line. That's where the frustration is coming from.
He's facing the toughest competition on the other team and is allowing Kane to score at the highest rate in his career. Everyone keeps talking about Kane scoring in spite of Bolland, yet, in 4 years playing with Toews, never has Kane scored at a higher rate. Kane didn't suddenly become more talented, perhaps more committed, but if Kane was having an "average" Kane year, no one would be talking about him being a more "committed" player, that kind of stuff comes with the increased scoring.

At the end of the day, I'm not saying Bolland is the perfect 2nd line centre. But when your team's on top of the NHL standings, Kane's scoring regardless and all 4 lines, when healthy, looked good-very good-outstanding, it's hard to complain about Bolland's scoring, or lackthereof.

Bolland's proven time and again how valuable he is to this team. I get people expected him to score more, but really.. if you really, really think about it, who cares? The team is winning. Kane is scoring. I'm not seeing the big issue. If Chicago's biggest hole is the lack of scoring from Bolland, than this team should have no problem winning the Cup.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
It's not even his lack of scoring, it just seems like he has no effort lately. That's why I'm frustrated with his play. He doesn't look "on."

Old
03-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
At the end of the day, I'm not saying Bolland is the perfect 2nd line centre. But when your team's on top of the NHL standings, Kane's scoring regardless and all 4 lines, when healthy, looked good-very good-outstanding, it's hard to complain about Bolland's scoring, or lackthereof. .
That is so untrue

All year long the 2nd line has been disaster outside of Kane

There has been nothing outsanding or good outside of Kane on that line

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That is so untrue

Sharp was terribadawful the entire time. Hopefully that'll change when he comes back.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Chelios

Quote:
He's facing the toughest competition on the other team and is allowing Kane to score at the highest rate in his career. Everyone keeps talking about Kane scoring in spite of Bolland, yet, in 4 years playing with Toews, never has Kane scored at a higher rate. Kane didn't suddenly become more talented, perhaps more committed, but if Kane was having an "average" Kane year, no one would be talking about him being a more "committed" player, that kind of stuff comes with the increased scoring.

At the end of the day, I'm not saying Bolland is the perfect 2nd line centre. But when your team's on top of the NHL standings, Kane's scoring regardless and all 4 lines, when healthy, looked good-very good-outstanding, it's hard to complain about Bolland's scoring, or lackthereof.

Bolland's proven time and again how valuable he is to this team. I get people expected him to score more, but really.. if you really, really think about it, who cares? The team is winning. Kane is scoring. I'm not seeing the big issue. If Chicago's biggest hole is the lack of scoring from Bolland, than this team should have no problem winning the Cup.
Exactly my sentiment. Does anyone around who wants Bolland gone have a thoughtful, intelligent argument against this? I would love to hear it.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
That was a point I made in another thread. The Hawks have a very nice set up over the next 3 years where guys going to UFA can be replaced with young RFAs.

If Danault or McNeil develop into what they are expected to be, Bolland is expendable when his contract is up.

Same can be said for Hammer and Oduya.
It would be doubly nice if they both make it (say with McNeil at RW) because they are both pretty good in the dot and, in the case of McNeil we could really use a right-hander who can win draws.

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Sharp was terribadawful the entire time. Hopefully that'll change when he comes back.
Sharp's numbers were down slightly over his numbers the past 2 seasons, but .75 PPG is not awful

Old
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That is so untrue

I can't take you seriously when all you do is poster hyperbole and exaggerate.

Sharp wasn't playing up to his standards, but he was having a "disaster" of a season. I don't know how many posts Sharp hit in his 24 games, but if 3-4 of those go in, suddenly he's at a PpG (or near it) pace and no one's complaining.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Sharp's numbers were down slightly over his numbers the past 2 seasons, but .75 PPG is not awful
It goes beyond points. He made at least five boneheaded plays each game, and he fumbled many chances given to him by Kane.

Stamkos is producing, but Lightning fans all season have complained about his play.

In case The Boss jumps on me, I obviously wasn't being serious saying Sharp was terribadawful. That's not even a word. He could have been playing better. That's all.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:14 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
It goes beyond points. He made at least five boneheaded plays each game, and he fumbled many chances given to him by Kane.

Stamkos is producing, but Lightning fans all season have complained about his play.
We should all know what Sharp is at this point. A solid offenisve player, that has an above-average shot and a shooters mentality. If Sharp had scored on a few more of his chances, no one would be complaining because at the end of the day, you're not expecting Sharp to dazzle you with his hands or playmaking, you're expecting him to put the puck in the net.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

He was a +7. So I guess I'll have to take your word for it since none of the stats back up that he was awful.

The only thing wrong with Sharp is that his shooting percentage was at a career low at a ridiculous 6.4%. His career shooting % is 12.1 and that 6.4 would have certainly come up.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
We should all know what Sharp is at this point. A solid offenisve player, that has an above-average shot and a shooters mentality. If Sharp had scored on a few more of his chances, no one would be complaining because at the end of the day, you're not expecting Sharp to dazzle you with his hands or playmaking, you're expecting him to put the puck in the net.
Well of course. We're complaining because he wasn't doing that.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Well of course. We're complaining because he wasn't doing that.
So we're complaining because he's had some bad luck and been a bit snake-bitten to start the season?

C'mon people. We're talking about an established NHL goal-scorer. Sharp can turn it around and he likely will. He's always been streaky anyways. Watch him score 7 goals in his first 10 games back and everyone will forget about his cold goal-scoring start.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
So we're complaining because he's had some bad luck and been a bit snake-bitten to start the season?

C'mon people. We're talking about an established NHL goal-scorer. Sharp can turn it around and he likely will. He's always been streaky anyways. Watch him score 7 goals in his first 10 games back and everyone will forget about his cold goal-scoring start.
Yes, yes we are. Let's hope so. Get him hot right before the playoffs start.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Hawks82

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sharp miss 4 weeks or so with a broken bone in his hand or forearm last season? I seem to remember it happening right after he scored. He took a slash to the glove. I just can't remember what team we were playing.

Could be a reason why he's had trouble putting the puck in the net.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote