HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 11:47 AM
YP44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
Just stating what it would take to get any good player this trade deadline so just relax and breath, ok now this team without some vet Dmen won't win the cup scuds is the only one Willie and Greene are supposedly on the way back but if there not then what?? Our Dmen are too inexperienced for playoff hockey and I'm sorry but Muzzin and voynov will need get help so why not trade for regher who's another Matt Greene
I think the issue would be including Bernier and Williams. Seems like too much for a rental right there.
Pomminville would be a great addiiton (plays LW right?) but this would create a whole on the rights side.
If (and its a big if) the kings are to trade bernier it should be in a package for giordano

Old
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Fat Elvis
El Guapo

Quote:
so why not trade for regher who's another Matt Greene
He used to be, not nearly the same player. Better asset management this trade deadline. You can't be dealing young contributing assests on cheap contracts for rentals, which may not even be upgrades over who's playing now.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
kings11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Have you watch Scuderi this season? He's been up and down, larger because he's been targetted more often with Greene and Willie out, meaning he has more minutes, and that has led to a few turnovers. Should we bring in someone to cover for him too?

A few turnovers happen. Go look at the stats on nhl.com, everyone commits turnovers. It's part of the game. Voynov's weren't so glaring it cost us a game, and if I recall correctly, we still won that series against the Devils in six games, after running up a 3-0 lead.

The Kings as a team needed about 10 games if that to get acclimated, and that was an entire team which was coming out after one week of practice. Greene and Mitchell will be getting adjusted during practice with the team and won't be rushed in until they are ready, ala Martinez. If Greene really is back on the ice in the next two weeks as is expected based on the Kings updates, then that's plenty of time to get readjusted.
Have you watched how VV panics along the ****** when pressured and grows alligator arms? And the finals was all doughty, Mitchell, scuds and Greene so yeah VV had his ass pretty well protected. The kid still hesitates and that's lack of experience gets are brought in to minimize that especially during the playoff. And no Willie and Greene won't get acclimated so soon because they've missed months at least In willies case.

Offensively we're better than last year obviously so I could far less about iggy but we need a dman and if you can't see that then you don't understand what we lack. I'm not here wishing those guys come back full strength I want insurance in case they don't!!

Old
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
DaAnimal

Top 6 forward?

What exactly is wrong with our Top 6? We are ranked 8th in the league in G/G. Our PP is ranked 12th in the league.

I am sure DL is shopping for the best option but at what cost? We are on the verge of making another cup run. Most of our core DFD's are injured and we got several talented OFD. We got two good goalie combos and a good group of the bottom 6.

I am not willing to trade something that will effect our immediate lineup because things are currently working. Why fix something if it's working?

I'm willing to move prospects and future consideration picks but for a current roster? No thanks.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:00 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
I agree! Jagr still has top end hockey in him and the short season seems to have helped. Maybe a Jagr and Robidas deal for Martinez and King? Dallas seems to be putting together a solid group of younger defenders and with Robidas signed for next yr LA would have some insurance if they can't sign Scuderi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
It wasn't feaster that f'd up. Fans here have been cryign for a rebuild since Sutter was in town. It is ownership that refuses to sign off on it. That seems to have changed this year.
Ya a GM can only do so much when his hands are tied by ownership. Have you heard any rumblings of Cammalleri heading to Chicago for prospects?

Old
03-26-2013, 12:02 PM
northernKing

Quote:
We'd likely have to add to that package, but that's a solid trade idea.
Lol ya I figured LA would need to add maybe another prospect or pick. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd in 2014?

Old
03-26-2013, 12:05 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Jussi Jokinen waived.

Remember how many people around here wanted to sign him?
At $3M for one more year I still think he's a solid player. I'd be surprised if he went unclaimed especially with a team like Vancouver having injury issues.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:18 PM
YP44

Quote:
Ya a GM can only do so much when his hands are tied by ownership. Have you heard any rumblings of Cammalleri heading to Chicago for prospects?
Haven't heard that. He has a NTC that the flaems honored when he was picked up from the habs. If Iggy gets moved I think the Cammy will waive as well.
Only flames where there is zero chance of waiving is glencross. Which is too bad cause he would be stellar.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
What exactly is wrong with our Top 6? We are ranked 8th in the league in G/G. Our PP is ranked 12th in the league.
Nothing is wrong with it, but it could be upgraded. Who's the 6th guy? Penner? King? Clifford? Toffoli? If it's by committee, and who is hot at the moment, that's fine, but it wouldn't hurt to get someone where you know what you're going to get.

One of the issues with maybe getting Iginla would be where to play him at ES. I would think, given that Lombardi seems to be pretty thorough, and Sutter knows Iginla well, that if the Kings were to get him, there would be some sort of plan in place for how to use him. Just have to wait and see.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Even if Mitchell and Greene come back for the last week of the regular season, they are going to be really rusty. They really haven't played in about 9 months.
Not necessarily. Several players have come backjust prior or even during the playoffs after long layoffs and done very well. Look at Peter Forsberg in 2001-2002, missed the entire season and hadn't played in about a year and led the playoffs in scoring.

Yes, I know it's Forsberg, but it still proves the point. Coming back late in the season doesn't mean you can't play. More likely it means that the conditioning and in game reaction speeds aren't quite 100%, so you play less minutes or different situations when you can. I'd rather have a rusty Willie Mitchell or Matt Greene as options than go trading for Robyn Regehr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Jussi Jokinen waived.

Remember how many people around here wanted to sign him?
I'd like him, even if just for the shootouts. Can waive Richardson to make roster room. Only issue is the $3 million cap hit next season, but I bet if we waived him in the off-season, someone else would claim him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 4h Flames GM Feaster _ feeling major heat _ must get a No. 1 pick as part of package for Jarome Iginla. Right now he wants 3 elements.
TSN (I believe) said those 3 elements are a roster player, a top tier prospect and a second tier prospect. I'd assume from LA that would be Lewis/King/Bernier seem most likely, Toffoli and someone like Linden Vey/Nicholas Deslauriers. And yes, outside of the Kings fanbase, Vey is generally very underrated and likely viewed as a Tier B prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
It wasn't feaster that f'd up. Fans here have been cryign for a rebuild since Sutter was in town. It is ownership that refuses to sign off on it. That seems to have changed this year.
If ownership is calling for a rebuild, they should be getting rid of Feaster first. He isn't the guy you want leading the rebuild.

Quote:
Have you watched how VV panics along the ****** when pressured and grows alligator arms?
No. Largely because I'd believe you are the only one seeing this, at least as often as you claim. There was a thread on this board earlier this season about VV being a darkhorse Norris candidate. Clearly not everyone is seeing what you are.

Quote:
And the finals was all doughty, Mitchell, scuds and Greene so yeah VV had his ass pretty well protected.
A) This is just wrong. Voynov played 3:26 more per game in the playoffs than Greene, and 4:08 more per game at 5-on-5. He averaged 19:31 a game in the playoffs, but actually played an average of 21:23 per game in the Stanley Cup Finals against New Jersey. The guy played very well against New Jersey. B) Even in a hypothetical situation where you are correct in saying he was sheltered (and no one getting 21:23 in a Stanley Cup finals is being sheltered) then so what? He did very well in a sheltered role and Regehr, or whoever else we get, would likely need to be sheltered too. You realize there is a reason Regehr is getting 18:37 minutes a game right now right (a number that's been trending downward btw)? Because he's not a top 4 guy in Buffalo. What makes you think he would be here.

Quote:
The kid still hesitates and that's lack of experience gets are brought in to minimize that especially during the playoff. And no Willie and Greene won't get acclimated so soon because they've missed months at least In willies case.
All of this just reaks of someone who assumes that if you are young = poor under pressure.

We won the Stanley Cup with three defensemen 24 or younger. When was the last time that happened? Two of them were in our top four (Doughty was by far the number one) and the one who wasn't in our top four (A-Mart) didn't have a goal scored against him since sometime in Round 2. That's absolutely phenomenal. There is zero justification for not rolling with these guys again.

Quote:
Offensively we're better than last year obviously so I could far less about iggy but we need a dman and if you can't see that then you don't understand what we lack. I'm not here wishing those guys come back full strength I want insurance in case they don't!!
And insurance should cost minimal amounts, not four roster players, not to mention you never explain who will fill in for Bernier and one of A-Mart/Voynov in your trade proposal.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:26 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Lol ya I figured LA would need to add maybe another prospect or pick. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd in 2014?
At the trade deadline, likely both. RIght now, the value of picks drops faster than panties on prom night.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:27 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Daugavins on waivers as well. Might be a nice grab.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
At the trade deadline, likely both. RIght now, the value of picks drops faster than panties on prom night.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
kings11

Quote:
Not necessarily. Several players have come backjust prior or even during the playoffs after long layoffs and done very well. Look at Peter Forsberg in 2001-2002, missed the entire season and hadn't played in about a year and led the playoffs in scoring.

Yes, I know it's Forsberg, but it still proves the point. Coming back late in the season doesn't mean you can't play. More likely it means that the conditioning and in game reaction speeds aren't quite 100%, so you play less minutes or different situations when you can. I'd rather have a rusty Willie Mitchell or Matt Greene as options than go trading for Robyn Regehr.

I'd like him, even if just for the shootouts. Can waive Richardson to make roster room. Only issue is the $3 million cap hit next season, but I bet if we waived him in the off-season, someone else would claim him.

TSN (I believe) said those 3 elements are a roster player, a top tier prospect and a second tier prospect. I'd assume from LA that would be Lewis/King/Bernier seem most likely, Toffoli and someone like Linden Vey/Nicholas Deslauriers. And yes, outside of the Kings fanbase, Vey is generally very underrated and likely viewed as a Tier B prospect.

If ownership is calling for a rebuild, they should be getting rid of Feaster first. He isn't the guy you want leading the rebuild.

No. Largely because I'd believe you are the only one seeing this, at least as often as you claim. There was a thread on this board earlier this season about VV being a darkhorse Norris candidate. Clearly not everyone is seeing what you are.

A) This is just wrong. Voynov played 3:26 more per game in the playoffs than Greene, and 4:08 more per game at 5-on-5. He averaged 19:31 a game in the playoffs, but actually played an average of 21:23 per game in the Stanley Cup Finals against New Jersey. The guy played very well against New Jersey. B) Even in a hypothetical situation where you are correct in saying he was sheltered (and no one getting 21:23 in a Stanley Cup finals is being sheltered) then so what? He did very well in a sheltered role and Regehr, or whoever else we get, would likely need to be sheltered too. You realize there is a reason Regehr is getting 18:37 minutes a game right now right (a number that's been trending downward btw)? Because he's not a top 4 guy in Buffalo. What makes you think he would be here.

All of this just reaks of someone who assumes that if you are young = poor under pressure.

We won the Stanley Cup with three defensemen 24 or younger. When was the last time that happened? Two of them were in our top four (Doughty was by far the number one) and the one who wasn't in our top four (A-Mart) didn't have a goal scored against him since sometime in Round 2. That's absolutely phenomenal. There is zero justification for not rolling with these guys again.

And insurance should cost minimal amounts, not four roster players, not to mention you never explain who will fill in for Bernier and one of A-Mart/Voynov in your trade proposal.
i think i should be more clear then, VV is a darkhorse for the norris but hes not ericksson or larson but hes close i just dont want him to regress by leaving him out there with muzzin or martinez and then have his confidence shaken, i like the stats you posted about martinez,DD, VV but remeber that they where paired with willie and greene and of course scuds who yes has struggled but then again wasn't here to be the top pairing dman which is why DD struggled early.

but more to the point is that VV paired with muzzin or matinez just wont work in the playoffs or am i mistaken???

Old
03-26-2013, 02:27 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
i think i should be more clear then, VV is a darkhorse for the norris but hes not ericksson or larson but hes close i just dont want him to regress by leaving him out there with muzzin or martinez and then have his confidence shaken, i like the stats you posted about martinez,DD, VV but remeber that they where paired with willie and greene and of course scuds who yes has struggled but then again wasn't here to be the top pairing dman which is why DD struggled early.

but more to the point is that VV paired with muzzin or matinez just wont work in the playoffs or am i mistaken???
That is a good question, but on the flip side, we don't know that Regehr paired with either of them would work either. Either way is a chance, however Voynov and A-Mart are proven players in a cup run. I don't see why, when all options are equal, we wouldn't go with the proven players. They did it just last year on this very team, in this very system, something that no one we get can say.

That all said, I don't see Sutter ever doing a pairing of Voynov and A-Mart. It just doesn't make sense from a size standpoint. Voynov-Muzzin though isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
kings11

Quote:
That is a good question, but on the flip side, we don't know that Regehr paired with either of them would work either. Either way is a chance, however Voynov and A-Mart are proven players in a cup run. I don't see why, when all options are equal, we wouldn't go with the proven players. They did it just last year on this very team, in this very system, something that no one we get can say.

That all said, I don't see Sutter ever doing a pairing of Voynov and A-Mart. It just doesn't make sense from a size standpoint. Voynov-Muzzin though isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be.
in VV/MUZZIN pairing its muzzin who i just dont trust, he's big and all but theres times where if hes not in a rhythm early he just looks down right lost. DAMMIT i want willie and greene back now!!!!

Old
03-26-2013, 02:34 PM
SuperAlmeida

Jagr is the player I want Dean to target! Big man with a good shot!

Old
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
in VV/MUZZIN pairing its muzzin who i just dont trust, he's big and all but theres times where if hes not in a rhythm early he just looks down right lost. DAMMIT i want willie and greene back now!!!!
i agree, while vv is a stud, i dont think he's at the point where he can make up for muzzins defensive mistakes.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:42 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Fair enough and I respect your opinion. Outside of Regehr, who do you see being able to step in and be capable of playing to a level that is sufficient, who would also be available realistically in a trade? Because frankly, I'd rather go with Muzzin over Regehr at this point. Regehr would be an excellent number 6/7 but has IMO lost a step and shouldn't be out against top lines.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
kings11

Quote:
Fair enough and I respect your opinion. Outside of Regehr, who do you see being able to step in and be capable of playing to a level that is sufficient, who would also be available realistically in a trade? Because frankly, I'd rather go with Muzzin over Regehr at this point. Regehr would be an excellent number 6/7 but has IMO lost a step and shouldn't be out against top lines.
i agree and while there are a few guys who could help they wont be available because so many teams are still in the playoff hunt and those that are available just don't fit and are too expensive, i wouldn't mind luke schenn and philly does need a goalie bad just saying Bernie for Schenn i would do.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:51 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
i agree and while there are a few guys who could help they wont be available because so many teams are still in the playoff hunt and those that are available just don't fit and are too expensive, i wouldn't mind luke schenn and philly does need a goalie bad just saying Bernie for Schenn i would do.
Haha. I'd laugh if they split up the Schenn brothers so quickly.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
kings11

Quote:
Haha. I'd laugh if they split up the Schenn brothers so quickly.
Hey im tryingbtw they did trade mike and jeff

also whats worth more a franchise goalie to build around or a defensive dman?? a young stud for a young stud

Old
03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Reclamation Project
Out Ta Get Me

Don't put it past Homer...

Old
03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Tambellini would be an idiot if he doesn't claim Jokinen, he is exactly the type of player they need on their third line. With that said, I fully expect the Oilers not to claim him

Old
03-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Reclamation Project
Out Ta Get Me

He's such a joke.

Closed Thread