HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Calle Järnkrok

Old
03-25-2013, 09:21 AM
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityase View Post
I was being facetious, but I appreciate you ignoring that. I just wish the Detroit board hadn't become so much complaining. I know I'm complaining about complaining, but as an older guy i feel like younger fans don't know how bad it can be.

I love coming here and I wish all conversations could be more productive... but I guess complaining is part of being a fan.
protip: coming on here and talking down to the people here who are already bitter and unhappy with decisions being made aren't going to respond positively to being spoken down to.

I've tried to break up the bitterness a bit in the past, but it usually ends up with someone ignoring me or telling me to buzz off. Just sift through the nonsense. I know there is a lot, but there is also some funny stuff to be found. FlashyG does some nice graphic work in his GDTs, and is usually good for a laugh. Bench is a hilarious poster here. sarcastro typically makes a comical post game thread, and he and Kronwalled55 have a good thing going with hats, lately, too. mindfly is funny if you don't take him seriously. Lots of other good guys around that I'm forgetting at the moment, too. edit: Syckle78 and eastopia are gems.

Yes, there are several very vocal fans who love to bash every move (I admit, some moves drive me absolutely nutty, and I occasionally sound off on here, too) but we have some neat posters, too.

Last edited by P U L L H A R D: 03-25-2013 at 09:35 AM.
P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
They announced last night that thats what the rule was. It changed from last year. He cannot come up and play for the wings. He has to go back to Sweden by mid April.
Ok. Fine with that.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:51 AM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
protip: coming on here and talking down to the people here who are already bitter and unhappy with decisions being made aren't going to respond positively to being spoken down to.

I've tried to break up the bitterness a bit in the past, but it usually ends up with someone ignoring me or telling me to buzz off. Just sift through the nonsense. I know there is a lot, but there is also some funny stuff to be found. FlashyG does some nice graphic work in his GDTs, and is usually good for a laugh. Bench is a hilarious poster here. sarcastro typically makes a comical post game thread, and he and Kronwalled55 have a good thing going with hats, lately, too. mindfly is funny if you don't take him seriously. Lots of other good guys around that I'm forgetting at the moment, too. edit: Syckle78 and eastopia are gems.

Yes, there are several very vocal fans who love to bash every move (I admit, some moves drive me absolutely nutty, and I occasionally sound off on here, too) but we have some neat posters, too.
How could you leave out Fin9. I only wish we would see more of his posts.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice

vCash: 420
I don't think he is even a Wings fan. I was under the impression he is a Wild fan. But when he shows up, everyone stops and takes notice. Praise be to Fin9.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Finally the North americans will be able to watch him.

Enjoy

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:23 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Clear Day rosters have come and gone correct? Was hoping he could get into playoff action,but just looks like last nine game correct?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Clear Day rosters have come and gone correct? Was hoping he could get into playoff action,but just looks like last nine game correct?
If I remember right it is actually the 3rd of April this year.

In any event he is tied to Sweden for the home World Championship this year, so it doesn't look like he will be in the playoffs for the AHL, although I guess he could make it back after if the Griffins are still playing.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
TatarTangle

Anyone know if the Griffins stream their games? Really want to see what this kid can do. Him and Tatar together should be fun to watch, assuming they play on the same line.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:53 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Anyone know if the Griffins stream their games? Really want to see what this kid can do. Him and Tatar together should be fun to watch, assuming they play on the same line.
yeah they do you can either try usagoals.com on gameday and they usually have the games for lions, tigers, griffins, wings, pistons. and most other american sports teams

Last edited by WesNichols14: 03-28-2013 at 08:10 PM.
WesNichols14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Not to totally derail the thread, but why didn't Valtteri's brother get a shot in the NHL? Played that 1 season in GR, led the team in points, and then... poof. Back to leading Jokerit.

Kronwalled55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Not to totally derail the thread, but why didn't Valtteri's brother get a shot in the NHL? Played that 1 season in GR, led the team in points, and then... poof. Back to leading Jokerit.
what year was that? like 2 years ago? maybe our offense was doing well and didn't need him. if he stuck it out he would have had a real shot last year and probably had a nice contract this year, but you never know. also could it be a speed thing?

WesNichols14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Not NHL speed, Too soft, Too old.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:25 PM
RedWinger10

I hope he can adapt well to the system that would be a huge plus if he can just jump right into the mix.

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:17 AM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Järnkrok's shortened AHL stint seems to me like the ideal situation for the player. He will be able to start his adjustment to North American play with a very good Griffins team loaded with other talented prospects. If he adapts well, it will boost his confidence further. If he plays worse than expected, we will get a chance to redeem himself with Team Sweden soon. So Järnkrok basically cannot lose, but only make us even more impatient for him.

Gruß,
BSHH

BSHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:42 AM
LastWordArmy
HFB Partner

All of these comments are making drool. Is it September already?

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Laista

Send a message via MSN to Laista Send a message via Skype™ to Laista
Next Grand Rapid game? I really would like to see if he can adapt to Smaller faster rinks. I have some doubt it will be easy transition for him , he is THE puckholder i Team Brynäs and here he has to learn move it MUCH quicker it will be a test for sure. I dont buy that crap of him being to soft and to weak. Its the speed that i am worried abut. I hope he will make a good impression though.

Laista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laista View Post
Next Grand Rapid game? I really would like to see if he can adapt to Smaller faster rinks. I have some doubt it will be easy transition for him , he is THE puckholder i Team Brynäs and here he has to learn move it MUCH quicker it will be a test for sure. I dont buy that crap of him being to soft and to weak. Its the speed that i am worried abut. I hope he will make a good impression though.
Järnkrok is a great skater... or do you mean, the overall speed of the game in north america?

Old
03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Järnkrok is a great skater... or do you mean, the overall speed of the game in north america?
I think he means speed of the game. I see no problem with this in Jarnkrok part of the reason at times he looked better with Silfverberg is he actually could think the game the same way. Jarnkrok needed some of his teammates to think and react at the pace he can this year. I think if he gets the right in Grand Rapids you will see that at least I hope we will.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:21 PM
jfrank21

GR plays Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Tuesday. All games are basically at 8pm EST. Pumped! Thanks Drumnj for making it all possible!

jfrank21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
kerjuxaxaxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrank21 View Post
GR plays Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Tuesday. All games are basically at 8pm EST. Pumped! Thanks Drumnj for making it all possible!
3 back-to-back nights? wow

kerjuxaxaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:33 PM
ChadS

He'll wear #25 since Sheahan already has #19 taken.

Can't wait to see him in a different environment.

ChadS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerjuxaxaxa View Post
3 back-to-back nights? wow
Pretty standard for the AHL, think they had 8 or 9 of those this season. Helps with attendance in that league and travel cost.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrank21 View Post
Anywhere to watch this online?

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Jurky
I heart Tats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
Anywhere to watch this online?
As posted in this thread already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
yeah they do you can either try to make an account at http://redwingslive.net or you can go to usagoals.com on gameday and they usually have the games for lions, tigers, griffins, wings, pistons. and most other american sports teams

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Not NHL speed, Too soft, Too old.
In other words, a perfect fit for the Wings.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote