HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #31: San Jose Sharks at Anaheim Ducks~ "This hockey thing is getting old." 7PM.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
  #901
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
In the defensive end? No, they weren't.
In overall play, they were miles better, and that's what counts.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:37 AM
  #902
murdock1116
Registered User
 
murdock1116's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
I think at this point you gotta stick with Braun/Irwin/Demers and let them sink or swim. Lets see which of these guys can cut down on their mistakes for the rest of the season.

I agree with people on the Marleau - Couture - Wingels line. They had some great plays, but overall I think Wingels would be best suited for a 3rd line role.

Its interesting because it makes you think, maybe we should be swapping Clowe for another teams doghouse/rental. Like a Clowe for Filppula trade.

Then do something like:

Havlat - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Filppula
Sheppard - Pavelski - Wingels
Galiardi - Gomez - Desjardins/Burish

If the team keeps playing like they did last night, we are definitely making the playoffs. Then we'll obviously be this years Kings

murdock1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:47 AM
  #903
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
In the defensive end? No, they weren't.
Braun and Demers will make mistakes in the defensive end, as all young defensemen do. Braun, Demers and Irwin are not known as defensive stalwarts and probably never will be. All three are on the ice because they can provide offense and all three play defense by moving the puck out of the zone and away from opponents.

It's a give-and-take. If you play young PMDs, you'll have better offense but not so good defense. If you play veteran, stay-at-home Dmen, you'll be better defensively but not so offensively.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
  #904
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock1116 View Post
I think at this point you gotta stick with Braun/Irwin/Demers and let them sink or swim. Lets see which of these guys can cut down on their mistakes for the rest of the season.

I agree with people on the Marleau - Couture - Wingels line. They had some great plays, but overall I think Wingels would be best suited for a 3rd line role.

Its interesting because it makes you think, maybe we should be swapping Clowe for another teams doghouse/rental. Like a Clowe for Filppula trade.

Then do something like:

Havlat - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Filppula
Sheppard - Pavelski - Wingels
Galiardi - Gomez - Desjardins/Burish

If the team keeps playing like they did last night, we are definitely making the playoffs. Then we'll obviously be this years Kings
When Burns moves back to defense, I have no issue letting Irwin, Braun, and Demers sink/swim. That is good competition, plus Petrecki in the minors and a boatload of good D-prospects. Make it clear, "better player plays".

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
  #905
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,864
vCash: 500
I look at conservative hockey like this.

When I was younger I was the sales manager for a retail store. My boss at the time (a total jackass) had me working long hours on a project to clean up the store before the president of the company came to visit. We sadly carried ink cartridges and this was easily the worst part of the store to get properly sorted and tagged. I took a whack at it, made it look better, and he came over to check out my work. I was expecting praise because hey, it looked a lot better, but instead he goes rack by rack checking each and every tag one by one and when he finds one thats old, or wrong, he rips it off and throws the product on the floor. In the end he only found like half a dozen out of hundreds and I said"Come on man, it's never going to be 100%, that took me hours" and he said "Aiming for 99% is the same as failing from the start". I didn't really get it then, and he was a jerk, but it did certainly stick with me.

Point is if the Sharks play to not lose, they've already lost. You need to play to win, and they have not been doing that. If playing to win means they make a few more mistakes and give up a few more goals, I have no problem with that. At least they are playing a system that plays to their strengths and allows their individual improvement to be rewarded. It's tough to ask a young player to learn when you never give him the opportunity to fail, or even play.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:59 AM
  #906
murdock1116
Registered User
 
murdock1116's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
Side note...claim Jussi Jokinen off waivers and trade Clowe??

murdock1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 01:53 PM
  #907
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock1116 View Post
Side note...claim Jussi Jokinen off waivers and trade Clowe??
Nah but trade Clowe anyway. They have the talent here. They just need to set lines and stick with it for a while.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:34 PM
  #908
5H4RK5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
It's a sign we must trade "sacrifice" one player before every game by trade if the Sharks are to make the playoffs. I just hope we have enough players left if we win enough by the trade deadline. j/k

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:36 PM
  #909
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H4RK5 View Post
It's a sign we must trade "sacrifice" one player before every game by trade if the Sharks are to make the playoffs. I just hope we have enough players left if we win enough by the trade deadline. j/k
17 games left, 22 roster players, right? At the end, it's going to be Burns, Couture, Thornton, Marleau, and Vlasic on the ice for 60 minutes, and they're going to be fired up to win because "DAMNIT THEY JUST TOOK PAVELSKI. WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS".

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:09 PM
  #910
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
17 games left, 22 roster players, right? At the end, it's going to be Burns, Couture, Thornton, Marleau, and Vlasic on the ice for 60 minutes, and they're going to be fired up to win because "DAMNIT THEY JUST TOOK PAVELSKI. WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS".
And we'll have every pick in this draft. They'll get up at the draft and go "Sorry everyone, San Jose picked the entire draft, thanks for coming out"

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:10 PM
  #911
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
And we'll have every pick in this draft. They'll get up at the draft and go "Sorry everyone, San Jose picked the entire draft, thanks for coming out"
It'll just be Doug Wilson sitting there with Gary Bettman, trying to trade with himself.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
  #912
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
It'll just be Doug Wilson sitting there with Gary Bettman, trying to trade with himself.
He'll have sock puppets going "San Hoosay trades the 1rst overall picks to San Joe-say for the 2nd overall and a 6th round pick!" while giggling to himself

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.