HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
Hey im tryingbtw they did trade mike and jeff

also whats worth more a franchise goalie to build around or a defensive dman?? a young stud for a young stud
Oh I'm not bashing your proposal at all. I'm just laughing at the idea of trading a Schenn just 30 or so games after making a big deal about uniting the brothers. Seems so knee jerk, so totally could be a Philly thing (no offense to our Flyers fans that come over here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Tambellini would be an idiot if he doesn't claim Jokinen, he is exactly the type of player they need on their third line. With that said, I fully expect the Oilers not to claim him
Honestly, I'm not sure they would claim him. $3 million cap hit is a fair bit and they will have to replace Jones, Petrell, Whitney, Smid, Fistric and Bulin (or resign them), while having RFA's in Gagner and Paajarvi and Peckham. With Jokinen, that'd leave them about $17.8 million to fill those holes. Not impossible, but you have to figure Gagner will eat up $4-$5 million of that alone, and they would likely want to leave about $1-$2 million in cap wiggle room, so they are likely looking at $10-$12 million to fix up what could be the weakest D in the NHL next season and get a backup.

So with that said, yeah, Tambs will claim him, lol.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
raswilliam

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/lak130326.html

"Sabres GM Darcy Regier is interested in Kings youngster Tyler Toffoli"

hahaha

Old
03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by raswilliam View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/lak130326.html

"Sabres GM Darcy Regier is interested in Kings youngster Tyler Toffoli"

hahaha
I'd think that quote could easily read "[insert team name] GM [insert General Managers name] is interested in Kings youngster Tyler Toffoli"

Who wouldn't want him?

The Fourth Period may want to break the information that there is a few GM's interested in Sidney Crosby too.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Johnny Utah

Lombardi would be dumb to move Toffoli. Not worth an aging player. Toffoli is the future scorer of the Kings. Williams is getting older and Penner will be a UFA.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:26 PM
kings11

exactly, no chance in hell we give up toffoli unless its for a superstar.

btw i proposed a bernier, muzzin for schenn, read trade on the philly thread and the KINGS bashing should begin soon

Old
03-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Lombardi would be dumb to move Toffoli. Not worth an aging player. Toffoli is the future scorer of the Kings. Williams is getting older and Penner will be a UFA.
Exactly. It makes no sense to move Toffoli unless they're getting a damn good player in his prime who is signed to a multi-year deal. Otherwise, it is pointless bringing his name up for these older players who are on the verge of retirement. Toffoli is next in line to win a top six role in the Kings lineup. Can anyone name the last player the Kings drafted and developed into a top six forward on their roster? Kopitar back in 2005 and before him, Brown in 2003.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
kings11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Exactly. It makes no sense to move Toffoli unless they're getting a damn good player in his prime who is signed to a multi-year deal. Otherwise, it is pointless bringing his name up for these older players who are on the verge of retirement. Toffoli is next in line to win a top six role in the Kings lineup. Can anyone name the last player the Kings drafted and developed into a top six forward on their roster? Kopitar back in 2005 and before him, Brown in 2003.
BUD HOLLOWAY IM KIDDING

Old
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

btw i proposed a bernier, muzzin for schenn, read trade on the philly thread and the KINGS bashing should begin soon
Oh likely.

The one thing with Bernier to Philly is there's no indication that Philly is going to buy out Bryzgalov (could happen, but that's a LOT of money), even amnesty buy him out, and burying players in the minors isn't an option really anymore, so as such they will likely play him. I just can't see them riding a goalie getting paid that much on the bench either.

Until they figure out what they are doing with Bryz, not much sense looking at a goalie trade.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:40 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Would we be able to trade bud holloways rights?

Just wondering.

I'd love Jagr or Iginla. Man I'd feel for the defense trying to shut down jagr and Kopitar. Ultimate cycling line with a shot.

I'd want Iginla or jagr which ever would come cheaper, at this point i'm not really sure but man would jagr fit like a glove.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:46 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Would we be able to trade bud holloways rights?

Just wondering.

I'd love Jagr or Iginla. Man I'd feel for the defense trying to shut down jagr and Kopitar. Ultimate cycling line with a shot.

I'd want Iginla or jagr which ever would come cheaper, at this point i'm not really sure but man would jagr fit like a glove.
Yes, we can trade Holloway's rights, but they are pretty worthless both because he has done nothing in the NHL, and is due to become a UFA

Old
03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
kings11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Oh likely.

The one thing with Bernier to Philly is there's no indication that Philly is going to buy out Bryzgalov (could happen, but that's a LOT of money), even amnesty buy him out, and burying players in the minors isn't an option really anymore, so as such they will likely play him. I just can't see them riding a goalie getting paid that much on the bench either.

Until they figure out what they are doing with Bryz, not much sense looking at a goalie trade.
WELL for all our trade ideas and rumors im pretty comfortable going into the playoffs with this team if we can at least get back Greene. whats the worst that can happen bernie shines in the playoffs and we get a 1st plus for him

Old
03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Yes, we can trade Holloway's rights, but they are pretty worthless both because he has done nothing in the NHL, and is due to become a UFA
So it really holds no value at all?

Old
03-26-2013, 04:49 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
The idea of having Iginla or Jagr wearing a Kings uniform is exciting, but acquiring them isn't really in the best interest of the franchise.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:52 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I wouldn't say worthless. A team that acquires him will have the best chance of signing him, so, there's some value there.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I would love for Pitt to give up their farm in trading for Iggy, then get bounced in the first round. Then have all three pending FAs walk at the end of the season.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
So it really holds no value at all?
You'd likely get a conditional pick based on whether or not he'd sign. And it's likely going to be at best a 5th. And that may be generous. The only benefit to a team trading for his rights is to get a jumpstart on trying to sign him, but likely most teams know he's going to demand a guaranteed NHL contract. The cap is dropping next year and most teams are trying to just resign their own guys right now, not hand out a gauranteed contract to someone whose never played in the NHL.

Holloway will sign after July 1st, assuming he does sign. Tampa Bay, NYI, Calgary and Anaheim seem likely as destinations, teams which would likely be seeking a low cost high reward top three line winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The idea of having Iginla or Jagr wearing a Kings uniform is exciting, but acquiring them isn't really in the best interest of the franchise.
Iginla, I agree. I'm not sold on Jagr being at an unreasonably high cost though. I look at Recchi going to Boston from Tampa Bay as similar. As such, I could see Jagr for a 2nd and a 5th, or something on those lines. If that was the price, I'd be all over that like cheap wine on a good suit.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Johnny Utah

Kings traded Gagne, Penner will be a UFA, Williams will be 32 next year. Not much scoring on the wing besides Carter and Brown. Toffoli is the future. Brown will be a UFA next summer as well. Richards is a more of a passer and he's been awful. Carter and Toffoli are the only pure snipers.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:18 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I think it's in the best interest to get a solid top 6 because it kind of worries me how much we cycle Penner and the second line up. I want solidity. I really think we need a top 6.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

I would love getting Ray Whitney. Jagr or Hedjuk would be great options.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
jml87

Quote:

Please, after my dad was impressed by Muzzin last night, I proposed a Bernier, Muzzin for Giroux trade and he said yes. Too bad he isn't the GM

Old
03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:

The Schenn brothers won't be split up, I could see Bernier for Read as a framework but not Schenn and Martinez/Muzzin involved.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You'd likely get a conditional pick based on whether or not he'd sign. And it's likely going to be at best a 5th. And that may be generous. The only benefit to a team trading for his rights is to get a jumpstart on trying to sign him, but likely most teams know he's going to demand a guaranteed NHL contract. The cap is dropping next year and most teams are trying to just resign their own guys right now, not hand out a gauranteed contract to someone whose never played in the NHL.

Holloway will sign after July 1st, assuming he does sign. Tampa Bay, NYI, Calgary and Anaheim seem likely as destinations, teams which would likely be seeking a low cost high reward top three line winger.

Iginla, I agree. I'm not sold on Jagr being at an unreasonably high cost though. I look at Recchi going to Boston from Tampa Bay as similar. As such, I could see Jagr for a 2nd and a 5th, or something on those lines. If that was the price, I'd be all over that like cheap wine on a good suit.
Pretty sure you hold Holloways right till he is 27yrs ,Jeff was a college player there diff .

Old
03-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Hope the Kings can make a package with Muzzin included. Some GM's might think he's valuable asset regarding his # and PP abilities. If he has any value than its now.

I've seen enough of him and think he's defensive liability.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:59 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
Pretty sure you hold Holloways right till he is 27yrs ,Jeff was a college player there diff .
Since Holloway has 0 NHL games played he qualifies as a Group (IV?) UFA this year. To hold rights until until 27 years of age, the player has to have (X?) games of NHL experience. Someone like Holden can hopefully fill in those question marks there...

But bottom line is the Kings hold Holloways rights until this coming July 1 and he becomes a UFA.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Hope the Kings can make a package with Muzzin included. Some GM's might think he's valuable asset regarding his # and PP abilities. If he has any value than its now.

I've seen enough of him and think he's defensive liability.
LOL, the dude is a rookie D-man in the NHL, who's only played 29 games in his career....and you've already got him all figured out?

Closed Thread