HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#33 – Sabres at Lightning – Tue Mar 26 – 7:30PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Old
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
I agree that he's been our 2nd best dman for the majority of the year, but that's not saying much. When we're winning, ride the wave and don't get in the way, IMO.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Note: OP Additions

3.26 – Sabres power play showing signs of life (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

3.26 – Steve Yzerman addresses the media following Tampa Bay's hiring of Jon Cooper. <20:29>

3.26 – Ron Rolston speaks with the media following Buffalo's morning skate. <5:25>

3.26 – Mark Pysyk speaks with the media following Buffalo's morning skate. <1:20>

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPsycho View Post
Yes, cause he's about the same as Jordan Leopold.

No way Sekera is healthy.

From this morning's WGR interview with Rolston....

When asked about Sekera playing tonight:

"He's a potential. We are right now in a situation where we have 7 healthy D"

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM
LGB24

Exam tonight, EFF. Will be watching this game late tonight.

LGB24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:08 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Girlfriend got last minute tickets to Carrie Underwood, so just me and the dog on the couch tonight.

If we're abandoning the tank, would a regulation win be so much to ask?

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
This idea that Sekera has been some kind of stalwart for us is kind of out of control. He's been ok this year but has had plenty of inconsistent play as well. The idea that he's so far above and beyond everyone else and needs to play is laughable.
This guy hasn't seen Jordan Leopold play this year

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I agree that Sekera hasn't looked as dominant as last year but I still think he's been our most consistent guy, it's between him and Ehrhoff and Ehrhoff has had a few too many Errorhoff moments for me to put him above Sekera. I also don't think Regehr has been as bad as people have crucified him for this year.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:38 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
I agree that Sekera hasn't looked as dominant as last year but I still think he's been our most consistent guy, it's between him and Ehrhoff and Ehrhoff has had a few too many Errorhoff moments for me to put him above Sekera. I also don't think Regehr has been as bad as people have crucified him for this year.
I agree Hoff has had his lapses but Id argue he's been the most consistent. Sekera is definately second IMO

LGB24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:40 PM
TheHoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
While I agree that Sekera was a bit better in the defensive zone than Ehrhoff I believe that the 'Hoff has the tougher job of the two - he needs to be extremely consistent defensively, eat big minutes but also needs put up numbers.

TheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:40 PM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Sekera and Ehrhoff have been good defensemen for us.

8-0 to the Sabres! w00t!

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny 89 View Post
Intensity seems to be Drew's issue, not conditioning and diet.
Nope, it's the work ethic that most posters see every night he plays. Only the fanboys can't see it. This is straight from the coaches mouth, “He’s just got to work hard and he’s got to get himself in a situation as a leader to be working hard every day,” Rolston said.

That translates to he's gliding, and being a veteran on that team, he can't have him around the other guys infecting them. HE is supposed to be setting the example.

I'll even take it a step further, he's part of the rotten core, and that's why his name is all over the trade block right now.

On Sekera, it better be injury, or Cap'n Ron can pack his bags after the last game, imo. Leo is horrible, and Myers is horrible, but taller.

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
McTank

Are you kidding me, sekeras a healthy scratch!?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius View Post
While I agree that Sekera was a bit better in the defensive zone than Ehrhoff I believe that the 'Hoff has the tougher job of the two - he needs to be extremely consistent defensively, eat big minutes but also needs put up numbers.
Agreed, he's been our best defenseman, but Sekera has been our most consistent, IMO. Ehrhoff just brings more and while not as steady as Sekera in the defensive end, he's brought it on both ends of the ice.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:24 PM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Are you kidding me, sekeras a healthy scratch!?
Probably not 100%, can't hurt to give him 1 extra game off. Also probably doesn't want to change the lineup. I'd say both factors taking in to consideration.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
Probably not 100%, can't hurt to give him 1 extra game off. Also probably doesn't want to change the lineup. I'd say both factors taking in to consideration.
I don't want to speculate too much, cuz I don't know the actual situation, but I think you change the lineup if your goalie has to bail out a Leopold and Myers 5 times each/game, even if you won them. You protect a lineup if it's working, but those two are both very much fail.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
I don't want to speculate too much, cuz I don't know the actual situation, but I think you change the lineup if your goalie has to bail out a Leopold and Myers 5 times each/game, even if you won them. You protect a lineup if it's working, but those two are both very much fail.
I'd happily replace Leopold with Sekera but I have to say I trust Rolston, it's going to take some time (this season + the offseason) for the Sabres to unlearn 16 years of Ruff culture. I believe he understands that better than most.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:44 PM
chadthestampede
The Humanoid Typhoon

I'm pretty sure Woodhouse posted a link that Sekera is not a healthy scratch earlier in the thread.

chadthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadthestampede View Post
I'm pretty sure Woodhouse posted a link that Sekera is not a healthy scratch earlier in the thread.
It has also been posted that Cap'n Ron said he's healthy. Conflicting reports. I guess we'll have to wait for game time. I'll have my paddle ball game handy(stress reliever) in case it's a healthy scratch.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Nope, it's the work ethic that most posters see every night he plays. Only the fanboys can't see it. This is straight from the coaches mouth, “He’s just got to work hard and he’s got to get himself in a situation as a leader to be working hard every day,” Rolston said.

That translates to he's gliding, and being a veteran on that team, he can't have him around the other guys infecting them. HE is supposed to be setting the example.

I'll even take it a step further, he's part of the rotten core, and that's why his name is all over the trade block right now.

On Sekera, it better be injury, or Cap'n Ron can pack his bags after the last game, imo. Leo is horrible, and Myers is horrible, but taller.
He also never attacks the middle of the ice. He consistently gets the puck on the rush and skates wide near the boards and down into the corners.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
It has also been posted that Cap'n Ron said he's healthy. Conflicting reports. I guess we'll have to wait for game time. I'll have my paddle ball game handy(stress reliever) in case it's a healthy scratch.
I've yet to see a quote from Ron saying he's healthy.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Yeah, there is one. No issue with them letting Sekera get another game to recover.

03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Woodhouse

Quote:
Yep, plus Rolston opened his presser with: "He's actually really close, so we'll see where he is on Thursday." He's not a healthy scratch, move along.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I've yet to see a quote from Ron saying he's healthy.
Go listen to his interview from this morning in the WGR audio vault. It's there.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Yep, plus Rolston opened his presser with: "He's actually really close, so we'll see where he is on Thursday." He's not a healthy scratch, move along.
He may be changing his tune, but he definitely said they had 7 healthy defensemen this morning, and they'd have to decide what to do with him.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

My guess:

If they really wanted, Sekera could probably play today. But they can use the guise of "a couple more days" to keep Leopold in the lineup as a showcase as well as getting another look at Pysyk.

If the points were important, Sekera would have been playing tonight.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote