HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fisher, Legwand, Erat, Kostitsyn

Old
03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Fisher, Legwand, Erat, Kostitsyn

this is the official...these guys need to step it up thread. numbers don't lie. these guys perform when the opponent is below average but are no where to be found when even decent teams show up.

fisher's numbers against the current top 8 teams in the west

20 games played - 2 goals - 3 assists - 5 points - +/- -1

legwand's numbers against the current top 8

20 games played - 4 goals - 4 assists - 8 points - +/- 0

martin erat's numbers against top 8 in the west

19 games played - 2 goals - 5 assists - 7 points - +/- -7

sergei kostitsyn's numbers against top 8 in west

20 games played - 1 goal - 3 assists - 4 points - +/- 2

in a full 82 game season against only playoff teams, their numbers would be this -

fisher - 8 goals - 12 assists - 20 points

legwand - 16 goals - 16 assists - 32 points

erat - 8 goals - 21 assists - 29 points

kostitsyn - 4 goals - 12 assists - 16 points

the only guy that is even somewhat decent is legwand.. and he still has a long way to go before we have any success.. these numbers are just pathetic. our top 6 mucks up the points against bottom feeders but doesn't do a damn thing against legit competition. we all already know kostitsyn disappears in the playoffs. if we want to have any kind of success this season, these guys are gonna have to ramp up the numbers come april because we have some tough matchups.

Last edited by TMI: 03-26-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: don't offer bait if you don't want people to take it
NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:26 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Top teams on the road are harder to get favorable match-ups against, so of course they're not feasting on those teams.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
glenngineer

Expecting 2nd and 3rd line guys to perform like elite players or even top 6 guys is not realistic. Unfortunately, these are the guys we have in a top 6 role. Fisher and Legwand on good days are second line centers. On bad days, they're 3rd line centers. Erat is the only thing we have close to a top line winger but we'll never know as he's never had the talent around him to rise to another level. Even then, he's a tweener so on most nights, he's a solid second liner. SK is like Fisher and Legwand in the sense he's a good second line winger and almost too good of a third line winger.

Wilson appears to have the ability to play a top 6 role. Bourque is certainly leaning that way as well. Beck it's too early to tell but he has the skill set and size to be a top 6 possibly. Smith has the skill set but hasn't put it together. Problem is, only Wilson appears to have the ability to be a top 3. We need some elite players up front before we really get anywhere. Problem is, drafting where we do most years doesn't afford us those opportunities. We have only landed one top 3 in all the years we've been here when Kariya signed here. We've always had good talent but never great or elite talent. We've had it on the blue line for years. Now we need to compliment what we have on the back end with some greatness up front. Either we get lucky and draft a few amazing players in the later rounds/late first round, land a few via free agency or make a trade that is favorable for us that doesn't deplete the farm.

I know we tried for Parise and that would've been a great piece to add to the puzzle. It also would've helped in keeping Suter. Imagine this team with Parise and Suter. Suter/Weber on the top pairing with Klein/Josi on the second pairing. That's as good as it gets in the NHL. You add a game breaker up front in Parise and all of a sudden we're looking like the team we all want to have. Instead, bozos 1 and 2 sign in Minnesota and we are where we are. We're not too far off really. Find a guy to replace Josi on the second pairing and land a stud forward in free agency. We do that and all of a sudden we are serious contenders, at least in my eyes.

Last edited by TMI: 03-26-2013 at 03:28 PM.
glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Top teams on the road are harder to get favorable match-ups against, so of course they're not feasting on those teams.
in the 8 homes games against playoff teams they are as follows:

legwand - 8 games played - 1 goal - 3 assists - 4 points

fisher - 8 games played - 2 goals - 2 assists - 4 points

erat - 8 games played - 0 goals - 2 assists - 2 points

kostitsyn - 8 games played - 0 goals - 3 assists - 3 points

so im not sure i get your point. they suck just as much if not more at home. at home combined with them, that's 32 games played between all of them and ONLY 3 goals!

Old
03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
weeze

And nobody is knocking on our door for any of them! Imagine that!

I read rumors that these several players might be available: Sam Gagner, Ryan Clowe, Paul Stastny, Drew Stafford and Derek Roy. All have more points than anyone we already have. Stastny and Stafford have 1-2 more yrs on their current contract. What would it take (maybe one of these 4 Preds)? Who would we want? Or do we stand pat with our younger players and see how it turns out? Maybe sell a few for some draft choices (Hannan, Goose, Gill, Clune).

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 03:21 PM
thecloser

Honestly, I agree, SK, Erat, Leggy all have to step it up. But IMO Fisher has stepped it up the last few games. I understand they weren't really playoff teams but in the west where anyone could slide their way in, atleast he's produce as of late.

In no means am i saying he's good to go, he still has to keep the motor going and continue to play better.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
token grinder

I would like to see the statistical comparison once we have the same 20 games at home compared to 20 on the road.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I would like to see the statistical comparison once we have the same 20 games at home compared to 20 on the road.
seeing at best we finish a 7 seed, won't production from them on the road be more vital? who cares home or away... they need to produce against the top teams

Old
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
adsfan

I would trade SK for a bag of pucks. Erat needs a good center. Maybe it is time to trade Leggy or Fish.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I really think that these guys(except maybe SK because he playedin Russia) more than anyone were hurt by the lockout. If this was an 82 game season I suspect they would end up approaching their usual full season numbers.

As it is, we need them all get hot for the next 15 games... not likely, but not impossible

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I really think that these guys(except maybe SK because he playedin Russia) more than anyone were hurt by the lockout. If this was an 82 game season I suspect they would end up approaching their usual full season numbers.

As it is, we need them all get hot for the next 15 games... not likely, but not impossible
Actually its very likely, a lot of games at home, Kostitsyn looked more alive than at any point this year the last game and...

Erat has 7 pts in the past 3 games.

Fisher has 8 in the last 7 games.

Legwand isn't as good with 8 in the last 10 but thats roughly a 65 pt pace.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:10 AM
weeze

Our schedule is BRUTAL in April! We will try and stay ahead of Dallas (1 game remaining), Columbus (2), Phoenix (1), Calgary (1) and Colorado (2). While trying to catch St Louis (1), Detroit (2), Vancouver (1) and Chicago (4!). Wow, we play Chicago 3 times in 7 days, also throw in Colorado and Columbus in that 7 day stretch! That may be our make or break stretch.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
in the 8 homes games against playoff teams they are as follows:

legwand - 8 games played - 1 goal - 3 assists - 4 points

fisher - 8 games played - 2 goals - 2 assists - 4 points

erat - 8 games played - 0 goals - 2 assists - 2 points

kostitsyn - 8 games played - 0 goals - 3 assists - 3 points

so im not sure i get your point. they suck just as much if not more at home. at home combined with them, that's 32 games played between all of them and ONLY 3 goals!
The way I should have worded it was, it’s hard to get favorable match-ups against the top teams, especially on the road. I think most good offensive players thrive off powerplays and teams at the bottom of the standings, elite players thrive no matter. How do they do defensively? I mean how do other top players perform against Fisher and Legwand? If we boast their 2 way play is it justified?

Just a quick look at teams at the top we’ve played more than once. Goal assist totals and powerplay totals.

Anaheim 3 games played

Perry 0 goals – 5 assist – 1 powerplay assist
Getzlaf 0 goals – 3 assist - 1 powerplay assist

Vancouver – 2 games played

H Sedin – 1 goal 1 assist 0 pp
D Sedin – 0 goal 0 assist

Chicago we only played once.

Minnesota 3 games against

Koivu 0 goals 2 assist -2 assst on powerplay
Parise 1 goal 1 assist - 1 goal on powerplay

Detroit 2 games played

Datsyuk 1 goal – 3 assist 1 powerplay assist
Zetterberg – 0 goals 1 assist

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:16 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
Our schedule is BRUTAL in April! We will try and stay ahead of Dallas (1 game remaining), Columbus (2), Phoenix (1), Calgary (1) and Colorado (2). While trying to catch St Louis (1), Detroit (2), Vancouver (1) and Chicago (4!). Wow, we play Chicago 3 times in 7 days, also throw in Colorado and Columbus in that 7 day stretch! That may be our make or break stretch.
and this is why I don't think the magic number is 55 but a couple lower. You look at Dallas, STL, DET, SJ, LA...etc, everyone is going to beat the piss out of each other.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:55 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
Everyone keeps saying this, but to me the only thing that makes it brutal is having to play Chicago 4 times- (and granted that is tough). But if we can survive those 4 the rest of the schedule looks pretty favorable to me

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
and this is why I don't think the magic number is 55 but a couple lower. You look at Dallas, STL, DET, SJ, LA...etc, everyone is going to beat the piss out of each other.
Agree 100%- every day half of the Western conf teams will be losing.

I will be very surprised if it takes 55 to get in

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote