HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 11:16 AM
  #51
muller
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
thanks!

muller is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 11:20 AM
  #52
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muller View Post
how much for the systems? is one better than the other?
Your cheapest option, if you're not interested in paying so much for a system is to just get the PC version. Obviously you have a computer. All you would need is to buy the game itself (online/digital download/in store). But that comes down to personal preference.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
  #53
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Also for anyone who is looking forward to Bioshock: Infinite on the PC, there's a great deal on GreenManGaming.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/



So for $60 you get the new Bioshock, the original Bioshock (my 2nd favorite game ever), and one of those 5 games listed for free. You also get $15 of GreenManGaming credit.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 12:45 PM
  #54
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Devils defense.
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 48,038
vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Your cheapest option, if you're not interested in paying so much for a system is to just get the PC version. Obviously you have a computer. All you would need is to buy the game itself (online/digital download/in store). But that comes down to personal preference.
What PC version? They didn't make one.

__________________

Funniest moment of morning was Jaromir Jagr trying to get @KenDaneykoMSG to say, "Ruutu to Tootoo, 2-on-1" quickly.
Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
  #55
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
What PC version? They didn't make one.
Really? Hmm... shows what I know. I thought they always made PC versions of the EA Sports titles?

Scott04 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
  #56
lachyrm
Registered User
 
lachyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
This only loosely ties with videogames, but I was wondering if anyone watches NHL games via Gamecenter on their console. I've been thinking about looking into it, but I would never do it if it's a huge drop down in visual quality from actual HD broadcasting.

The highlights that you can access on there without an account look pretty muddy, which got me a tad concerned.

lachyrm is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
  #57
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Devils defense.
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 48,038
vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Really? Hmm... shows what I know. I thought they always made PC versions of the EA Sports titles?
I think NHL 09 was the last one they released on pc and it stunk. Very sketchy coding.

Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
  #58
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyrm View Post
This only loosely ties with videogames, but I was wondering if anyone watches NHL games via Gamecenter on their console. I've been thinking about looking into it, but I would never do it if it's a huge drop down in visual quality from actual HD broadcasting.

The highlights that you can access on there without an account look pretty muddy, which got me a tad concerned.
It's not too bad most of the time. Not HD, but a major step up from just about any stream you'll find online, and certainly better than an SD feed. Being able to choose which broadcast team to watch is also a huge plus. I have Gamecenter - which I use on my computer, 360, and even my Android phone - as well as Center Ice. The biggest problem with Gamecenter is that the feed is generally 15-45 seconds behind the TV feed.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:28 PM
  #59
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
i'm not sure why its not being discussed much in general anymore but Far Cry 3 is fantastic. Best new game i've played in a long time

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
  #60
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
My be a NHL13 Be a GM mode

I cannot find a good young goalie that will be my franchise starter

My goalies, Marty Brodeur, Tim Thomas, Nicklas Backstrom, and now a 36 year old Ilya Bryzgalov


Also on the retired list Jordan Subban retired after playing 0 NHL games lol
i'm a little late to the party but THANK YOU, every time i get far in my Be a GM i always end up signing Vokoun or something on one year deals because none of my goalies get good. i destroyed (in a good way) the potential stats on Wedgewood and traded for Jake Allen, Jake Markstrom, Bernier it just never works out

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
  #61
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,666
vCash: 500
Surprised Bernier didn't work out. Not that its the way it always pans out, but at the start of year 3 in the online GM Connected League from this board, Bernier was an 86 overall. And thats only with playing a dozen games in year 1, and playing 0 in year 2 (RFA and I had zero money to give him the $4+ mil a year he wanted. Only offered the tender and that was it). Not exactly 90+, but that should be pretty solid, especially since i imagine he would improve slightly more than he did for me if he were to play for you at least.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:55 PM
  #62
lachyrm
Registered User
 
lachyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
It's not too bad most of the time. Not HD, but a major step up from just about any stream you'll find online, and certainly better than an SD feed. Being able to choose which broadcast team to watch is also a huge plus. I have Gamecenter - which I use on my computer, 360, and even my Android phone - as well as Center Ice. The biggest problem with Gamecenter is that the feed is generally 15-45 seconds behind the TV feed.
Appreciate that. If 360 had NFL as well, I would seriously think about cutting my ties with cable altogether.

lachyrm is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 12:13 AM
  #63
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyrm View Post
Appreciate that. If 360 had NFL as well, I would seriously think about cutting my ties with cable altogether.
Also, you can rewind at any time which is awesome. When you watch it on your computer, the timeline at the bottom actually has a marker for each shot and goal, so you can jump right to them. It's a really slick viewer and I actually prefer watching on the computer over the TV a lot of the time.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
  #64
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Surprised Bernier didn't work out. Not that its the way it always pans out, but at the start of year 3 in the online GM Connected League from this board, Bernier was an 86 overall. And thats only with playing a dozen games in year 1, and playing 0 in year 2 (RFA and I had zero money to give him the $4+ mil a year he wanted. Only offered the tender and that was it). Not exactly 90+, but that should be pretty solid, especially since i imagine he would improve slightly more than he did for me if he were to play for you at least.
i play most of the games in a season and by year 4 he maxed out at an 82, but still wanted 6 million a year

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 10:26 AM
  #65
SteveCangialosi123
Registered User
 
SteveCangialosi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Playing some original xbox splinter cell: chaos theory..it's better than a lot of 360 games I'm lovin it. The best splinter cell IMO.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 12:36 PM
  #66
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
i play most of the games in a season and by year 4 he maxed out at an 82, but still wanted 6 million a year
Strange. I don't remember what he started out as in the online league, so maybe he started out higher than that. We likely started with something around the default rosters, as it was definitely during the lockout. Maybe things were adjusted a bit with a later roster update that you may have used? Or maybe its just crazy luck on my end.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:31 AM
  #67
BomaLightDevils
Registered User
 
BomaLightDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
GM con PS3 members?

Anyone interested in joining a league with about 10 members and the teams are equal. We are just started season 3.

We are looking for some steady members who love to actually play NHL13

BomaLightDevils is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
  #68
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Strange. I don't remember what he started out as in the online league, so maybe he started out higher than that. We likely started with something around the default rosters, as it was definitely during the lockout. Maybe things were adjusted a bit with a later roster update that you may have used? Or maybe its just crazy luck on my end.
it could be, for a while i couldnt log online so i used the default rosters of the time, several times. i think it was before christmas, i dont know how updated that is though.

also, protip on be a gm, get Kulikov right away. no reason not to because he is rediculously undervalued in the game. Tedenby + 3rd gets it done almost every time. theres something wrong with the way the game rates young D, because its so hard to not just trade Greene, Tallinder and some picks and snag Fowler and Sbisa

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
  #69
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,330
vCash: 500
Just picked up Bioshock: Infinite. I haven't been this excited for a game in years.

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
  #70
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Just picked up Bioshock: Infinite. I haven't been this excited for a game in years.
It's getting nearly perfect reviews.

I got it for PC (glorious PC gaming master race) at greenmangaming.com because they had a sick deal:

-Bioshock Infinite
-Bioshock 1
-XCOM: Enemy Unknown (89 rating on Metacritic - 30-50 dollar value)
-Choice of (Bioshock 2, Spec Ops: The Line, Mafia II, Darkness II, Civilization V)
-Choice of $15 towards greenmangaming games or $14 cash back

I took the bolded ones. So I ended up getting all three Bioshock games, plus XCOM Enemy Unknown, for a total of $46. Pretty insane deal especially since I loved Bioshock 1 but only rented it for 360 at the time, never played Bioshock 2, and have wanted XCOM for a while.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 12:24 PM
  #71
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,779
vCash: 500
Pretty good start to Bioshock. Like the other ones it looks like it will take 3-4 playthroughs to get all the achievements and I'm ok with that

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
  #72
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
It's getting nearly perfect reviews.

I got it for PC (glorious PC gaming master race) at greenmangaming.com because they had a sick deal:

-Bioshock Infinite
-Bioshock 1
-XCOM: Enemy Unknown (89 rating on Metacritic - 30-50 dollar value)
-Choice of (Bioshock 2, Spec Ops: The Line, Mafia II, Darkness II, Civilization V)
-Choice of $15 towards greenmangaming games or $14 cash back

I took the bolded ones. So I ended up getting all three Bioshock games, plus XCOM Enemy Unknown, for a total of $46. Pretty insane deal especially since I loved Bioshock 1 but only rented it for 360 at the time, never played Bioshock 2, and have wanted XCOM for a while.
XCOM is a really good game. Spec Ops is amazing, but you can only play it once really. If you haven't played it yet, I won't spoil why you can only play it once.

But that is a great deal. Civ V would have tempted me too.

Saugus is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
  #73
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,779
vCash: 500
So 3-4 hours in Bioshock and here's a quick list of people that are going to complain this game is offensive;

Christians, blacks, jews, French, interracial couples, Chinese and Indians. Missing anything?

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:19 PM
  #74
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,267
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Finished Infinite about 20 minutes ago...my brain is numb...AMAZING game...even better ending.

I urge anyone who plays it...don't speed through...take in EVERYTHING. Don't skip over any of the recordings....they make the end that much better.

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:56 PM
  #75
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,779
vCash: 500
I don't think I've missed any recordings yet. Usually my favorite part of the Bioshock game is collecting them. Not sold on the story so far but it is picking up.

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.