HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaspars Daugavins

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Lazarrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
Exactly why I want him on the Flyers. Put him with Talbot and Rinaldo and that's a damn good fourth line. You can never have enough positive guys in the locker room either.
The Sens do.

Sucks for him, but we have too many guys like him. One of them had to go sooner or later and sucks it had to be him. Welcome to the part of hockey that sucks.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:29 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
hmm... ottawa sent down dziurzynski too. Ottawa doesnt play again till thursday, so maybe someone else (Hoffman, Da Costa) will come up after binghamton's game wednesday night, but right now sens roster is down to 12 (healthy) forwards for the first time all season if daugavins gets claimed. Could be something brewing with ottawa.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:49 AM
SpezDispenser

That's a bit of a shame IMO. Beloved in the locker room, a good, solid 4th line energy guy and someone who is quite good in the shoot outs. Boo.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
hmm... ottawa sent down dziurzynski too. Ottawa doesnt play again till thursday, so maybe someone else (Hoffman, Da Costa) will come up after binghamton's game wednesday night, but right now sens roster is down to 12 (healthy) forwards for the first time all season if daugavins gets claimed. Could be something brewing with ottawa.
That or there's a player coming back from injury.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:13 PM
DG

What this thread has tought me? Basically no one on HF knows anything about Daugavins other than one time he made an outside the box shootout attempt.

LOL at calling him Robbie Schremp 2.0 and determining he's on waivers as a result of that attempt.

Old
03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
What this thread has tought me? Basically no one on HF knows anything about Daugavins other than one time he made an outside the box shootout attempt.

LOL at calling him Robbie Schremp 2.0 and determining he's on waivers as a result of that attempt.
Yeah, especially since Paul McLean had him 4th to shoot (Sens ended up winning on the first 3) in the next shoot-out they had, sounds like they were VERY upset about that move.

I'd love the Oilers to pick him up. Their bottom 6 is really mediocre.

03-26-2013, 12:18 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Is he gritty, does he fight, throw big hits?

I got the PK and energy skills.

Last edited by 16 To Stanley*: 03-26-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old
03-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Posted this in another thread yesterday :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
With the signing of Buddy Robinson, Ottawa has now 38 players under contract for next season

Some players could be easily let go like Hugh Jessiman (UFA), Mike Lundin (UFA) and Caporusso (RFA). However they might have some tough decisions to make to fit under the 50 contrats limit

RFAs (9) : Bishop, Wiercioch, Condra, Daugavins, Dziurzynski, Da Costa, Hoffman, Borowiecki, Cowick
UFAs (6) : Alfredsson, Latendresse, Regin, Gonchar, Benot, Nathan Lawson (they probably need a 2nd goaltender under contract in Binghahmton)
Unsigned draft pick : Jordan Fransoo
Seems like I got my question partly answered, however they'll need to let go a few more players this summer.

Last edited by Booba: 03-26-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old
03-26-2013, 02:15 PM
crayzy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
That's what happens when you think the NHL is a circus with that clown move he pulled. Now he has to pay for it.
It's already flawed when the outcome of a game is decided by a skills competition

Old
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post

Can an OTT fan answer this? Thnx

Old
03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Can an OTT fan answer this? Thnx
He's pretty gritty, yeah. He's not gonna rock anyone with massive hits, nor is he really gonna drop them left, right and center, but he won't shy away from contact and is a very good PKer. Really a perfect 4th liner in this new NHL, a guy who can score from time to time, PK on unit 1 or 2 and is very strong in the shootout.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Kezia
Benny

Quote:

Average gritty. Doesn't fight but im sure he would stick up for a team mate. Doesn't throw big hits.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:45 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
He's pretty gritty, yeah. He's not gonna rock anyone with massive hits, nor is he really gonna drop them left, right and center, but he won't shy away from contact and is a very good PKer. Really a perfect 4th liner in this new NHL, a guy who can score from time to time, PK on unit 1 or 2 and is very strong in the shootout.
Hope the Rangers put in a claim.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
jamiebez

Quote:
Jets could use a guy like this. Bottom 6 depth is pretty weak. PK, too.

God knows Chevy watches that waiver wire LIKE A HAWK! I expect him to be alllll over this.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
DG

Quote:
All this is true, adding that his teammates seem to adore him.

Quote:
Hope the Rangers put in a claim.
Would make sense, if they are trying to add some character guys back in to the locker room.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
That's what happens when you think the NHL is a circus with that clown move he pulled. Now he has to pay for it.
What do you think the NHL is if it's not in the business of entertainment?

Old
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
discostu

I recall back during the Filatov trade, back when the third rounder we gave up was considered a steal, that I wondered why Columbus didn't try and get a guy like Daugavins thrown in. I thought he was a good match for the organisation, and is a malleable player who will take on whatever role is asked and do it happily.

I hope there's an NHL roster spot for him somewhere, but, talent wise, he's definitely marginal. But, as mentioned, a great teammate. Put him in a small market, and he'll build the same fan following like he did in Ottawa.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post

This. The rampant ignorance on this subforum never ceases to amaze me.

I hope he gets picked up by a team that will play him more regularly. He's redundant in Ottawa but he'd certainly be a welcome addition to Binghamton who look primed to go on another Calder Cup run. Kassian and the engine of young Zibanejad is what caused him to hit the waiver wire. Not a shoot out move. Look for Ottawa to call up Mile Hoffman who they think can be a top 6 forward.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Might be a bad move by the Senators. With the run they're on, built largely on a team-first we-can-do-anything vibe, it seems like a bad idea to dump a guy who his teammates LOVE. The other night when he scored his first goal of the season and skated by the bench barking, you could see on his teammates faces how much they loved the guy. I really question this move when things are still going well.
It was his first goal of the season. The guy is no doubt liked but at the same time he has *1* goal this season. For a team that has a lot of trouble scoring, it seems like a good idea to get guys in here that can score. Mike Hoffman is probably going to get called up according to Ian Mendes.

I like Daugavins but he's a 4th line guy. Definitely replaceable.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Fleury14
Remember the Kipper

dime-a-dozen player. I'd imagine the AHL playoff roster deadline is coming up?

Old
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
dime-a-dozen player. I'd imagine the AHL playoff roster deadline is coming up?
Clear day rosters don't exist anymore.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:53 PM
candyman82

Quote:

Seriously, if you believe that you need some help.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:03 PM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
This. The rampant ignorance on this subforum never ceases to amaze me.
He's a thirteenth forward. It's more than understandable if people are not that familiar with him. The shootout move got him more prime time coverage than many guys with 4 or 5 full nhl seasons under their belt. It's pretty natural for non Sens fans to identify him by that.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:23 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Well claimed by Boston.
I kind of feel bad for daugy... He was frustrated with being a healthy scratch in ottawa and will likely get the same treatment in Boston.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:59 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Closed. New thread up and running.

Closed Thread