HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Damnit Mayers!

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
To an extent that's what I've said. I conceded that Crawford had a bad season last year, but put 70% of the blame on the team infront of him.

Corey Crawford is an average goaltender. Behind a great team, he can be more than good enough to win. That's what I believe. It's honestly no different than Niemi's rookie season. Play a tight, effecient game infront of Crawford and he'll make the saves he's supposed to, and a few big ones. He'll give up bad goals, as Niemi did in the Cup run and as every goaltender does, but don't give the other team anymore than they earn; don't beat yourselfs by being lazy or by turning the puck over.
I hope you're right but I feel the same frustration that Coldsteel does. We are close enough to go for it and take some risks.... otherwise we'll be singing the Maple Leaf Blues again "wait until next year". Try explaining that to Hossa who is nearing the end of his prime.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
It goes far beyond paper. We're, what? 65% of the way through the season and Chicago sits atop the standings. They've taken the talent they have on paper and played extremely well (for the majority of the season) and it's resulted in them leading the league. It's not as if Chicago plays in a weak division or conference either.

If the best team in the NHL through 30 games isn't a Stanley Cup contender, than nobody is.
This is a serious question. Do you honestly believe that we are the best team in the league in playoff hockey? I'd rank us around 8th (give or take a few) with the present roster.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I hope you're right but I feel the same frustration that Coldsteel does. We are close enough to go for it and take some risks.... otherwise we'll be singing the Maple Leaf Blues again "wait until next year". Try explaining that to Hossa who is nearing the end of his prime.
Probably not the best example to use, given the fact that Hossa's only scored 5 career playoff goals with Chicago - and I love Hossa, obviously. (see: username).

If this team plays to it's potential, there's no reason why they can't win the Cup. It's up the players to play, the coaches to coach and make adjustments and Bowman to make a move if it makes sense now and going forward.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Probably not the best example to use, given the fact that Hossa's only scored 5 career playoff goals with Chicago - and I love Hossa, obviously. (see: username).

If this team plays to it's potential, there's no reason why they can't win the Cup. It's up the players to play, the coaches to coach and make adjustments and Bowman to make a move if it makes sense now and going forward.
**** the stats. Hossa is a 2-way beast in playoff hockey. That's bound to not last too much longer.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
This is a serious question. Do you honestly believe that we are the best team in the league in playoff hockey? I'd rank us around 8th (give or take a few) with the present roster.
I know LA couldn't score in the playoffs last year and I know that, ontop of Chicago being much improved defensively this year, they have a far superior offense. You'd probably rank LA 2nd or 3rd, behind Boston and Pittsburgh in "playoff hockey". Chicago's scored how many goals against LA this year and the only game that was close, Chicago was missing Sharp and Hossa.

Anyone in the playoffs brings new concerns and will give us trouble, but I'm confident that if this team plays to their potential, they have more than enough on their roster to go very deep.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
**** the stats. Hossa is a 2-way beast in playoff hockey. That's bound to not last too much longer.
Yep, but you can't deny Chicago would have had an easier road to the Cup if Hossa had scored 9-11 goals instead of 3 and probably would have won both games in Phoenix last year had he contributed at least 1 goal in his 2 full games.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Only on paper sir!

The current roster is just not good enough, imo.
Something that was said a lot in Feb/March of 2010.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:53 PM
mikitas donut
Flowers of Antimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
Something that was said a lot in Feb/March of 2010.
Yes. This team is damn good, and we've seen it for most of this season. But lots of teams are damn good. It's a matter of who can get hot at the right time.

Closed Thread