HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sweet new injury.....

Old
08-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Cappy76

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Sweet new injury.....

ok so maybe its not that sweet but i can now say hey i got this playing ice hockey.

In my game sunday night a guy was dumping the puck into the zone and followed through to far and got me right in my lip sliced it in 2 my upper lip serioulsy looked like drapes spread out blood everywhere. The guys on the ice kinda looked at me weird when i jumped up quick mouth full of blood and just skated to the bench rinsed out my mouth and spit the blood out....then i went to line up again and the ref made me get off the ice. Got to ride in an Ambulance and got 5 stitches in my upper lip. Chicks dig scars right? looking at the pics someone took at my lip i have no idea how i stayed so calm. Imagine a 3/4'' cut from the top of your lip to just under your nose all the way through your upper lip. so basically i could pull my upper lip apart to the sides and see my teeth....only thing that sucks CAN ONLY EAT FOOD THROUGH A DAMN STRAW IM SO HUNGRY. any advice on some filling things i can eat soup and smoothies are just not cutting it

Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Greeneye

I had my front teeth knocked out last year and was told to only eat soup/smoothies etc. Like you I was always hungry so I just started getting normal food and cutting it up into very small pieces.

Greeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:25 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
Chicks dig scars right? :
I caught a stick in the face during a pile up in front of the net. The result was a cut above the eye. As I am walking to the rink office looking for something to hold it closed so I can go get stitched I pass by these two kids (about 15 or so) and say "chicks dig scars". Here I am calm as can be, blood all over the front of my jersey holding a bloody towel to my head. I hear them "woa did you see that guy". It was pretty funny.

Now you can use the line "I'd like to make out babe but my lip is all messed up".

Put a meal in the blender so you can drink it thru the straw. Comes out looking like baby food.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:16 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
I took a puck to my forehead and it opened up a 3/4" gash on my forehead. Literally three days later at the mall I had 3 different girls randomly flirt with me in about 45 mins. At that point I realized it was true, chicks really do dig scars.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Chicks dig scars right?
Yeah, but they also like teeth

Sounds nasty, glad it wasn't worse.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 07:49 PM
arcticwinter

i lost a bunch of teeth and they just jammed them back in.

arcticwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I blocked a wrist shot from a kid half my age who's playing for the Jr. Bluejackets next year. A month later and it's still sore (thankfully it's no longer BROWN).

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Grave77digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM47 View Post
I had my front teeth knocked out last year and was told to only eat soup/smoothies etc. Like you I was always hungry so I just started getting normal food and cutting it up into very small pieces.
Ditto, just had mine knocked out 2 weeks ago...

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Cappy76

All the Docs at the ER were saying how lucky I was for not messing my teeth up. the cut was pretty deep so they said and there was a bunch of blood on the ice I heard the other day that some chick in the stands was flipping out haha....Adrenalin works in mysterious ways cause I hurt more now then I did when it happend. I was walking around the rink still in my gear trying to find a locker room key and everyone saw it was ooo'in and aaahhh'in about it so that was cool. Wish I had some hockey friends around here cause ill im around is my mom at work and customers who are saying why do you play?
I had a customer today ask how long I would be out for and I looked at her and said well we have a Playoff game next sunday and thats are 1st game since. She looked at me like I just told her i was gonna try to play on a broken leg. Haha oh well the stitches are lookin cooler and cooler everyday to all the people I see and to everyone that doesnt play hockey I seem like a tough guy for taking it and just kinda skating away like it was nothing

Old
08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Greeneye

I used to actually like sporting a black eye. It's an instant convo starter and the ladies seemed to like it.

Greeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 04:57 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
All the Docs at the ER were saying how lucky I was for not messing my teeth up. the cut was pretty deep so they said and there was a bunch of blood on the ice I heard the other day that some chick in the stands was flipping out haha....Adrenalin works in mysterious ways cause I hurt more now then I did when it happend. I was walking around the rink still in my gear trying to find a locker room key and everyone saw it was ooo'in and aaahhh'in about it so that was cool. Wish I had some hockey friends around here cause ill im around is my mom at work and customers who are saying why do you play?
I had a customer today ask how long I would be out for and I looked at her and said well we have a Playoff game next sunday and thats are 1st game since. She looked at me like I just told her i was gonna try to play on a broken leg. Haha oh well the stitches are lookin cooler and cooler everyday to all the people I see and to everyone that doesnt play hockey I seem like a tough guy for taking it and just kinda skating away like it was nothing
Lol, yeah when i got my injury i kept playing after it stopped bleeding(which lasted all of 3-4 mins). When I casually mentioned it in conversations with members of the opposite sex they were in awe... it was awesome, i kinda want to get "injured" again, lol

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
ok so maybe its not that sweet but i can now say hey i got this playing ice hockey.

In my game sunday night a guy was dumping the puck into the zone and followed through to far and got me right in my lip sliced it in 2 my upper lip serioulsy looked like drapes spread out blood everywhere. The guys on the ice kinda looked at me weird when i jumped up quick mouth full of blood and just skated to the bench rinsed out my mouth and spit the blood out....then i went to line up again and the ref made me get off the ice. Got to ride in an Ambulance and got 5 stitches in my upper lip. Chicks dig scars right? looking at the pics someone took at my lip i have no idea how i stayed so calm. Imagine a 3/4'' cut from the top of your lip to just under your nose all the way through your upper lip. so basically i could pull my upper lip apart to the sides and see my teeth....only thing that sucks CAN ONLY EAT FOOD THROUGH A DAMN STRAW IM SO HUNGRY. any advice on some filling things i can eat soup and smoothies are just not cutting it
I had the same thing happen to me about 8 years ago.

I was backchecking and I caught this guy from behind...and he was in the middle of winding up for a slapshot..so I put my stick down parallel to his.

The puck jumped backwards and hit me in the bottom lip. My lip was split wide open and when I put my tongue over it, I could feel this huge gap.

At the ER I got some new intern, and he shot me up wrong. So I had novocaine flooding into my mouth. Then the intern forgot to tie the end of the stitches...and he had to do it all over again. I told him not to shoot me up again, and just toughed it out.

This woman was in the other room screaming the whole time about her earache...

The icing on the cake was that I had to give a speech the next day in my business ethics class. I looked like the Toxic Avenger and I was up there in front of 100 people trying to talk about "Snapple's Community Outreach Programs"

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Grave77digger

Toxic Avenger FTW!

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
FutureConsiderations

I know it sounds weird, but protein shakes actually fill you up pretty well.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Cappy76

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURinkRat View Post
I know it sounds weird, but protein shakes actually fill you up pretty well.
I've noticed! Monday after it happend i was in bed all day and didnt eat much on tues when i came into work i was dead cause i had nothing in my system i went out and got a Smoothie that had a **** load of protein in it and it perked me up and filled me up for the day! But I got to eat McDonnalds today so yay for solid food again!